• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Goku is the only answer for a manga character, he has the most relations to Nintendo, having Dragon Ball games since the NES.
Plus Super Saiyans are awesome.

Na-Ruto plz
I remember Toonami pronouncing his name like that once...

I'm not sure about the chances of Sakurai considering "fourth-party" characters in future titles.

----
For future reference, fourth party is not an actual term. :p

D

Deleted member

I don't think we are ever going to see a non-video game character ever appear in Smash. I'd expect the series to focus more on the game play in future installments along with more obscure Nintendo characters before we head down that road.

Then again, I'm the same person who think SSB 3DS & Wii U could be the last installment in the series.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I only know Shonen Jump characters, and a few animes outside of Shonen Jump like Sword Art Online or Fairy Tail.
I don't really follow anime, as most animes seem to lack quality from the people I hear despite having great visuals.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
I only know Shonen Jump characters, and a few animes outside of Shonen Jump like Sword Art Online or Fairy Tail.
I don't really follow anime, as most animes seem to lack quality from the people I hear.
It's a giant vortex of quality and trash.

Personally, I'm thinking that 4th Party Characters are a no-go for 4. 5, that's a different tale, one that is years off.

D

Deleted member

I don't really follow anime, as most animes seem to lack quality from the people I hear.
Are they referring to animes like Naruto, One Piece, Bleach and Toriko? Those are usually mainstream anime, so they're not going to be seen as good of a light outside of the anime community (and even within it, these franchise get a lot of criticism, especially Naruto and Toriko). Franchise that aren't so ridiculously long have the potential to be better like Baccano (be aware that anime is really violent).

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I am quite ignorant of Advance Wars. It seems unlikely to have a character due to the fact it's exclusive to handhelds. Same as Isaac.
Advance Wars is unlikely to have a rep because it's not very popular in Japan and we haven't gotten a new game in 5 years. I doubt being exclusively handheld hurts its chances overmuch, especially given the popularity of the DS/3DS and Smash 4's focus on handheld titles. Plus, as noted, the larger Wars franchise does have entries on consoles.

Anime characters in Smash would be an absurd disaster, and I say this as an anime fan. Smash Bros is a celebration of Nintendo characters. 3rd parties are already pushing the line, but that line absolutely has to be drawn at characters who did not originate from video games.

D

Deleted member

People seem to think I'm wanting this to happen or expecting this to happen for this game when I made it clear otherwise on both.

I see this happening before any manga originated character.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Are they referring to animes like Naruto, One Piece, Bleach and Toriko? Those are usually mainstream anime, so they're not going to be seen as good of a light outside of the anime community (and even within it, these franchise get a lot of criticism, especially Naruto and Toriko). Franchise that aren't so ridiculously long have the potential to be better like Baccano (be aware that anime is really violent).
Then again I only watch a few of the Shonen anime, I like the One Piece series so far, but watching several episodes seems too long of a journey for me to handle. Though I'm still sticking to Goku as the manga character chosen for the Smash Bros. game in future installments.

D

Deleted member

People seem to think I'm wanting this to happen or expecting this to happen for this game when I made it clear otherwise on both.

I see this happening before any manga originated character.
I'm well aware of that, which is why my argument was more towards anime/manga characters ever getting in any Smash game, which I don't see happening.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Can we talk about something else?
It's not like we'll be getting a 4th Party character any time soon, so let's focus on characters that have a chance.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Can we talk about something else?
It's not like we'll be getting a 4th Party character any time soon, so let's focus on characters that have a chance.
Shulk or Issac, or why can't we just have both?

D

Deleted member

What the hell is a 4th party?
There's actually no such thing as a fourth party. It's just a fan-named term for non-video game characters. Goku, Atom/Astro Boy, Sailor Moon, Batman, etc. are all third-parties because they are not owned by Nintendo or their 1st/2nd party company. It's just that unlike Snake, Sonic or Mega Man, they didn't originate in video games.

D

Deleted member

What the hell is a 4th party?
A bull**** term to refer to characters of non-gaming origin.
In reality, they're 3rd Parties. But people want to try to give them their own label, which started with the Super Smash Bros. Crusade fangame.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Guys, let's not have a repeat of last night where we got out of hand and then there was the chance the thread would get locked... 4th parties are too plausible to happen, unless someone wants to pull out a superb arguement to prove me wrong. We can argue about Smash 5 in some other thread, but right now, this is Smash 4.
Also, for GB Retro, Muddy Mole.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Hey, I'm not that into the show anymore, you can't call me that. Also, I don't want to hear it, Mr. "Yes, I do think it flatters my complexion."
Lol
I like you.
And I have nothing against bronies, but it's when they have to relate it to everything when it pisses me off.
I don't want to be listening to Mario music on YouTube and see someone relating it to Pinkie Pie and Applejack.

D

Deleted member

One thing I question about Brawl.

With the trophies and stickers, the music, assists, etc. of non-playable series, why is Rhythm Heaven completely excluded of the newer franchises?
I mean yeah, there was only the original game (and the arcade version) at the time, but still. Sennen Kazoku was a game no one cared about, and it got a few stickers.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
One thing I question about Brawl.

With the trophies and stickers, the music, assists, etc. of non-playable series, why is Rhythm Heaven completely excluded of the newer franchises?
I mean yeah, there was only the original game (and the arcade version) at the time, but still. Sennen Kazoku was a game no one cared about, and it got a few stickers.
Good question, and I'm not sure.
Although I hope Rhythm Heaven gets SOME representation in the next Smash Bros.
I don't expect anything big, but anything would put a smile on my face.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Lol
I like you.
And I have nothing against bronies, but it's when they have to relate it to everything when it pisses me off.
I don't want to be listening to Mario music on YouTube and see someone relating it to Pinkie Pie and Applejack.
I totally get it. Bronies are actually scary sometimes.

I still love watching the series, still watching the series on Season 4 as of now.
When I using Image search to get my new avatar, I saw still from the show and I was like, "why did I stop watching this?" And then I was like, "Oh, right, season three."

Back on topic, less 4th party talk, we're not getting them anytime soon.

D

Deleted member

Good question, and I'm not sure.
Although I hope Rhythm Heaven gets SOME representation in the next Smash Bros.
I don't expect anything big, but anything would put a smile on my face.
Maybe a certain luchador that's in my sig....? :troll:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I would love that.
RHW would be such a fun character to play as. I just don't see it happening.
But I'm hoping Sakurai pleasantly surprises me.
I was thinking it would make a good assist trophy with the interviewer, where every time it says "pose for the fans" he poses and creates an explosive shockwave.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Hello everyone, wonderful weather we are having today.
I just wanted to inform everyone that just started a new thread to discuss the uniqueness of possible newcomers.
The Character Uniqueness Discussion Thread
There is also a poll in the thread to show who people think would be the most unique newcomers so Ican construct a roster based on those votes, so please cast your votes and check it out.

Anyways, I see we are discussing RHW. I'd love to see this and it would be hilarious, but I would prefer if he is one a Ice-Climber-like tag team with the Interviewer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom