• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Well, I'm back, and nothing happened here. Kinda slow night huh?

So here's a pic I made for a friend wanting to support Cynthia for Smash:

I know she has no chance, but I had fun drawing this.
Awesome drawing, Cynthia is by far my favorite Champion, she's arguably the toughest and has the epic-est introduction theme, just hear this for a moment.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I've been gone since Friday since my computer shorted out that day. Good thing I got a new one for Christmas. :grin:

Also, Whitney from the Animal Crossing movie is my avatar for the second time.

Did I miss anything significant since Friday?

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Awesome drawing, Cynthia is by far my favorite Champion, she's arguably the toughest and has the epic-est introduction theme, just hear this for a moment.
Oh yes, I sincerely agree that Cynthia is both the toughest and best champion in Pokemon. Even with a level drop in Platinum from Level 66 to Level 63 for her strongest pokemon, the fact that she's one of the few champions with a team full of amazing pokemon (The only other being Diantha), she's scary. Also, I will say that I'd like to see her come back in Z so we can have her battle with a Mega Garchomp.

I've been gone since Friday since my computer shorted out that day. Good thing I got a new one for Christmas. :grin:

Also, Whitney from the Animal Crossing movie is my avatar for the second time.

Did I miss anything significant since Friday?
Wait, Animal Crossing had a movie?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I like these assists. Maybe swap Zero for Protoman. And Charging Chuck for Shy Guy. Or even Kamek.

Other than that, props for adding Great Tiger. Bald Bull and him would make awesome assists.

EDIT: Did not notice Shulk and Dillon there. Would work better as fighters.

Last edited:

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I think Shulk would be better as playable rather than an Assist Trophy.

Anybody want to talk about Wonder Red? I don't want to talk about series that have been exhausted like Zelda. It always turns into Impa Impa Impa. Well **** Impa.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529

Anybody want to talk about Wonder Red? I don't want to talk about series that have been exhausted like Zelda. It always turns into Impa Impa Impa. Well **** Impa.
I'd like to give Wonder Red and Wonderful 101 a bit more time as a franchise to develop before they appear in a big crossover like this. It came out during Smash's development, give it a good number of years to see where the franchise goes. There may not even be another Wonderful 101 game or sequel, we don't know. As for Shulk, I wholeheartedly agree, having such a unique character as an assist trophy is just a bad idea. I mean, why give up the opportunity to use a level-up system character design for an assist trophy that just runs around and slashes people?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I'd like to give Wonder Red and Wonderful 101 a bit more time as a franchise to develop before they appear in a big crossover like this. It came out during Smash's development, give it a good number of years to see where the franchise goes. There may not even be another Wonderful 101 game or sequel, we don't know. As for Shulk, I wholeheartedly agree, having such a unique character as an assist trophy is just a bad idea. I mean, why give up the opportunity to use a level-up system character design for an assist trophy that just runs around and slashes people?
The only reason I think Wonder Red may be more likely than we thought is because of Sakurai visiting Platinum at some point, and the fact that he's extremely unique. It just seems...fishy to me that he would visit Platinum (because I think we can all agree it wasn't for Bayonetta).

Shulk wouldn't make much sense as an Assist. What would he do? Run around and slash at people? That's a waste of an Assist Trophy. He can be much more fleshed out in a playable role.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Never released outside of Japan? Why would Japan think we wouldn't want this?! please tell me this has at least a sub, because I'd like to watch it.

I know there are a decent amount of versions with English subtitles online, as well as some fandubs. I still hope for the day an official English dub is released.....

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Shulk seems like a cool choice. And it seems a little too soon for Wonder Red. Even though he is awesome in his own right. Maybe if series got a few more games.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
The only reason I think Wonder Red may be more likely than we thought is because of Sakurai visiting Platinum at some point, and the fact that he's extremely unique. It just seems...fishy to me that he would visit Platinum (because I think we can all agree it wasn't for Bayonetta).

Shulk wouldn't make much sense as an Assist. What would he do? Run around and slash at people? That's a waste of an Assist Trophy. He can be much more flashed out in a playable role.
Well, that's the thing, we don't know what his visit was for. Hell, maybe he was talking to them about a future collaboration project once Smash is out, and I think that would be kind of cool. Also, there's times like this that make me wish Okami Amaterasu was owned by Platinum, because I think she'd be the first choice for a Platinum rep if so. Also, Okami music in Smash Bros? I think that would be incredible.

I know there are a decent amount of versions with English subtitles online, as well as some fandubs. I still hope for the day an official English dub is released.....
Alright then, I'll need to look it up later today. :p Also, 1.8 Billion Yen for Box office income? Considering the value differences in our currency and theirs, I'm not sure if that's supposed to be really good, mediocre or terrible.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I don't know much about Xenoblade, but I'd love to try the game out sometime. I'll have to look into getting a copy sometime. (didn't get it for Christmas, there were other games I wanted more like Pokemon X, plus I needed a new computer, as well as a new desk and chair)

As for Wonder Red, from what I know about his game, he could make for a very interesting fighter. But since his game was so recent I can't really see him getting in. He isn't an impossible character, but his chance is still a very slim one.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Wonder Red would be an interesting concept at the very least, though it is a recent entry.

Oh yes, I sincerely agree that Cynthia is both the toughest and best champion in Pokemon. Even with a level drop in Platinum from Level 66 to Level 63 for her strongest pokemon, the fact that she's one of the few champions with a team full of amazing pokemon (The only other being Diantha), she's scary. Also, I will say that I'd like to see her come back in Z so we can have her battle with a Mega Garchomp.
Personally, I found Dianthia to be pretty imbalanced as her team share common weaknesses and lacks the speed and power to make up for it aside from Gardevoir, which comes late so you'll have time to prepare for it. Cynthia was much better about having a balanced team that covered it weaknesses and buffed its strengths.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
The closest thing to balanced to me was always Blue/Green. Cynthia was meant to be a challenge (her signature Pokémon was an uber ffs), while Diantha/Alder were just kinda there.

Tre rest of them didn't know moves super-effective against their entire teams exist.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Wonder Red? Rather than seeing him as likely for Sakurai's studio visit and him being unique, I see those as basically the only reasons he'd be a blip on the radar. But look, I'll throw him up there as a possibility just so the "nothing is predictable!!!" crowd can't swoop in and be smug if he does get revealed. Though, what with Sakurai having no aversion to showing Rosalina in 2013...I wonder why he would hold off on Wonder Red around its abysmal launch?

Basically, much like the Mario contenders, none of the D-List blonde sword-users stand far and away above the others, with Shulk probably having the greatest odds due to the sheer worldwide focus his series received in 2012, right around Sakurai's taking-fan-requests period. But in the wake of Rosalina, to see none of them chosen in lieu of a more unique D-List character would not be all that surprising.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Remind me why Xenoblade should get anything past a trophy?
Because it's an important new Nintendo IP. There hasn't been one of those for a while. And Shulk is highly requested, especially in Japan.
So Xenoblade is actually more deserving than most want to believe.

D

Deleted member

Cuz Mother sure was an important IP with two games (before Smash) amirite? :rolleyes:

(Number of games doesn't mean worth a ****; if the IP is a big one, it's a big one.)

D

Deleted member

Point to where I said I was a fan of Shulk.

I just hate asinine arguing points.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Cuz Mother sure was an important IP with two games (before Smash) amirite? :rolleyes:

(Number of games doesn't mean worth a ****; if the IP is a big one, it's a big one.)
Ness had quite some luck that the developers of EarthBound worked with Sakurai.

Doubt Monolith is much involved in making this game.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Question, people. If we do see Dedede in... (next week already?) January for Triple Deluxe, do you think his link will go to Return to Dreamland? Because I don't think Triple Deluxe has a website yet.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Question, people. If we do see Dedede in... (next week already?) January for Triple Deluxe, do you think his link will go to Return to Dreamland? Because I don't think Triple Deluxe has a website yet.
If he is revealed, the corresponding website can be added posthumously, like it was for Peach.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I was thinking that.
Maybe the website will open up before that, but if not I think BKupa would be right.
If he is revealed, the corresponsing website can be added posthumously, like it was for Peach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom