• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I added Wolf again, after hearing the arguments of our fellow users.
Lucas, on the other hand, is an indisputable clone.

You do have a point with Palutena, but she was possessed by the Chaos Kin while fighting.
Actually Lucas is the most semi-clone character on the brawl roster even beating Luigi in less cloniness. I should know since he's one of my mains. The only attacks that are the same are his Forward Smash, Up aerial, and the aesthetics of his specials, (but they perform differently) Lucas uses mostly kicks and Ness punches. Ness KOs better with aerials, Lucas with Smashes. Ness racks damage better with Smashes, and Lucas Aerials. They are opposites of the similar attackers.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Actually Lucas is the most semi-clone character on the brawl roster even beating Luigi in less cloniness. I should know since he's one of my mains. The only attacks that are the same are his Forward Smash, Up tilt, and the aesthetics of his specials, (but they perform differently) Lucas uses mostly kicks and Ness punches. Ness KOs better with aerials, Lucas with Smashes. Ness racks damage better with Smashes, and Lucas Aerials. They are opposites of the similar attackers.
NOPE.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Actually Lucas is the most semi-clone character on the brawl roster even beating Luigi in less cloniness. I should know since he's one of my mains. The only attacks that are the same are his Forward Smash, Up tilt, and the aesthetics of his specials, (but they perform differently) Lucas uses mostly kicks and Ness punches. Ness KOs better with aerials, Lucas with Smashes. Ness racks damage better with Smashes, and Lucas Aerials. They are opposites of the similar attackers.
I knew Lucas mostly used kicks. But I don't really know about his playstyle. Didn't know he had weaker air attacks.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I don't think she's boring. Not the greatest character of all time or anything. But she seems cool enough nonetheless. I can name like five or six characters I would like more though.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I'm sorry to say, but Sakurai was the one who made Palutena into two boss battles. He knows very well what she's capable of and knows better than to say she's bland in any way. He was the one who defined her character and abilities, after all.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
I'm sorry to say, but Sakurai was the one who made Palutena into two boss battles. He knows very well what she's capable of and knows better than to say she's bland in any way. He was the one who defined her character and abilities, after all.
And how many Dark Pit Battles did we get? Hades? :troll:
They all got the potential, but Palutena just leads the pack, I guess.:ohwell:

Edit: Ooo, Halfway to 1000.

Anderceus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Anderceus
3DS FC
0877-0236-8016
To fix my roster from earlier, I would like to amend it with Lucas and Wolf.
Turns out that I was wrong about them and would like to thank you all for showing me that.
Though we'll have to wait and see with Palutena.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
To fix my roster from earlier, I would like to amend it with Lucas and Wolf.
Turns out that I was wrong about them and would like to thank you all for showing me that.
Though we'll have to wait and see with Palutena.
I don't suppose you've even seen her battle, have you? How about you read up on her moves here and watch one of her boss battles here (this one's unfortunately low quality) or here (part of a playthrough)?

Anderceus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Anderceus
3DS FC
0877-0236-8016
I don't suppose you've even seen her battle, have you? How about you read up on her moves here and watch one of her boss battles here (this one's unfortunately low quality) or here (part of a playthrough)?
You caught me red-handed: I haven't seen her battle (I can't afford Uprising ;_; )
She DOES certainly has the potential for a move set.

D

Deleted member

It was for the comic I'm making, you know, the one that started as a roster based off all the people we know back here...?

That dude is your character. In the context of the comic, he weilds a huge sword, kinda like Guts from Berserk, he's got amnesia, is rivals with Habanero's character, and travels around with his daughter (unknowingly) who is Issy's character, as well as the fox girl, who is Arcade's character.

He's of german-esque origins, and basically a BEAST in terms of strength. So, something in german that kinda follows that is good. You don't have to give me anything definitive, but just toss ideas at me, that's all. My method is basically throwing **** at a wall and seeing what sticks, lol.

[collapse=Here's a pic of his face]
View attachment 5477
[/collapse]
(Before I say anything, I am ecstatic that I can reply to people again on this computer.)

Hmmm......
Olaf.

Not joking, I am rather partial to that name for whatever reason.
Or Gordon, which has many reasons behind it, the main one being it sounds like "Golden".

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
...I see we're getting out of hand for the 15 minutes that I leave again...
New Topic.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
You caught me red-handed: I haven't seen her battle (I can't afford Uprising ;_; )
She DOES certainly has the potential for a move set.
I don't suppose you've seen playthroughs of other parts of the game, have you? Watched the anime? The appeal of her does mainly come from her personality, after all. If you don't know about that, then you don't know much about her character.

Anderceus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Anderceus
3DS FC
0877-0236-8016
I don't suppose you've seen playthroughs of other parts of the game, have you? Watched the anime? The appeal of her does mainly come from her personality, after all. If you don't know about that, then you don't know much about her character.
I've read her Wiki page and seen the Nintendo video shorts, but aside from that, nothing. From those, I can deduce that she is a pretty cool character.
I guess that because Sakurai was also the director of the game, her chances are improved.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I don't see why Chrom would be anything more than a clone. Sakurai isn't very open minded when it comes to move potential. He has a specific clone criteria and thought Starfy was too similar to Kirby. If Chrom doesn't have anything to stand out from Marth than I don't see how he fits the criteria to get into Smash. He's even similar to Marth characteristic wise. (inb4 Roy iz clon 2, Roy can implement fire into his move set and does have different characteristics.)

I think people are way too open minded when it comes to character move sets. Toon Link, Lucas, and Ganondorf were clones/semi-clones so I don't see why people suddenly think it's going to be any different for Chrom, Impa, Dixie Kong, or Dark Samus.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I saw that someone said that Palutena isn't known for fighting...

You fight her in Kid Icarus Uprising! You people know that right?

Even then she fights with claws in her own anime special.

She's more of a fighter than Peach to be honest!

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I've read her Wiki page and seen the Nintendo video shorts, but aside from that, nothing. From those, I can deduce that she is a pretty cool character.
I guess that because Sakurai was also the director of the game, her chances are improved.
Oh, Sakurai understands the appeal of the character better than anyone. He didn't create the character, per se, but he did flesh her out to make her appealing. I daresay Palutena might just be Sakurai's most wanted newcomer.
I don't see why Chrom would be anything more than a clone. Sakurai isn't very open minded when it comes to move potential.
Peach and Rosalina? Hello?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Considering Sakurai gave her so much spotlight in Brawl with the trophy, final smash, SSE Cameo, and her bow getting a trophy. I she has a VERY good chance of getting in with the current circumstances being the popularity of KI: Uprising, and the shortage of characters available for preexisting IPs.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Why the hell would a character who's NOT known for fighting get into SSB? A game made for fighting? That's NEVER happened!
:falcomelee::zeldamelee::drmario::foxmelee::peachmelee::falconmelee::rob::olimar:

Nope.

Tiki:
Perhaps because Chrom is not like Marth. He is much more direct, and committed to what he believes is right.
Similar does not mean exactly the same.

Last edited by a moderator:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Why the hell would a character who's NOT known for fighting get into SSB? A game made for fighting? That's NEVER happened!
:falcomelee::zeldamelee::drmario::foxmelee::peachmelee::falconmelee::rob::olimar:
Wasn't the point I was trying to make Saturn.

Kthxbye!

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Peach and Rosalina? Hello?
Yet, Chrom is a blue hair swordsman, that is way too similar to Marth and Ike who perfectly represent the series by themselves, with also competition to the highly popular Roy.

Rosalina always had a lot of things that made her different, but people just expected semi-clone of peach. Chrom has nothing special compared to Ike and Marth besides having a lance at promotion, and so far Fire Emblem lords haven't used their promotions in smash, atm. Chrom has aether, please Ike invented it. He uses Falchion, so does Marth. There are too many similarities not enough differences. Unlike Rosalina who actually has almost nothing in common with Peach except being a princess with blonde hair. Sorry if I'm ranting, but I just don't like Chrom.

Anderceus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Anderceus
3DS FC
0877-0236-8016

You fight her in Kid Icarus Uprising! You people know that right?

Even then she fights with claws in her own anime special.

She's more of a fighter than Peach to be honest!
We've already settled that, don't worry.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
I think I'll head out for the night.. I feel like this discussion is going to go to a whole new level of weird.
And go play some Jet Set Radio Future or Persona 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom