• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Wasn't the point I was trying to make Saturn.
Um, no. You were defending that Palutena COULD fight. Not the fact that you don't need to fight to be in Smash.

Roy and Marth are similar characteristic wise as well. Both feel that a victory obtained by sacrificing people is not a true victory, gain trust from others quickly and are idealistic.
I was referring to more than personality. Also being similar is not the same thing as being TOO similar.

No the little girl was even better, can't forget about that random playable little girl. :troll:
Yeah, she was the only other Kid Icarus character who was playable. She deserves to be in over Palutena and everyone else! :troll:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211

We should talk about Tamagon, the dragon from Devil World. What are your opinions on him?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So, how about that Impa?
We talked about her like five times today. Can't we give it a rest for a day or two? Maybe?

I don't see why Chrom would be anything more than a clone. Sakurai isn't very open minded when it comes to move potential. He has a specific clone criteria and thought Starfy was too similar to Kirby. If Chrom doesn't have anything to stand out from Marth than I don't see how he fits the criteria to get into Smash. He's even similar to Marth characteristic wise. (inb4 Roy iz clon 2, Roy can implement fire into his move set and does have different characteristics.)

I think people are way too open minded when it comes to character move sets. Toon Link, Lucas, and Ganondorf were clones/semi-clones so I don't see why people suddenly think it's going to be any different for Chrom, Impa, Dixie Kong, or Dark Samus.
Eh, Chrom could at least use a lance if need be. Not that I want the character in the slightest.

Dixie and Dark Samus could at least have one or two unique specials. Dixie can just Fly and get a hair command grab. Maybe use the Gumball Gun too. Dark Samus has a rapid fire gun rather than a Charge shot. And she has the Phazon Orb instead of the Screwattack. She could use the Boost as well.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Yet, Chrom is a blue hair swordsman, that is way too similar to Marth and Ike who perfectly represent the series by themselves, with also competition to the highly popular Roy.

Rosalina always had a lot of things that made her different, but people just expected semi-clone of peach. Chrom has nothing special compared to Ike and Marth besides having a lance at promotion, and so far Fire Emblem lords haven't used their promotions in smash, atm. Chrom has aether, please Ike invented it. He uses Falchion, so does Marth. There are too many similarities not enough differences. Unlike Rosalina who actually has almost nothing in common with Peach except being a princess with blonde hair. Sorry if I'm ranting, but I just don't like Chrom.
Oh, I actually agree on that part. I just don't agree on what saturn said about Sakurai and clones.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

We should talk about Tamagon, the dragon from Devil World. What are your opinions on him?

Am I allowed to pretend it's Bub from Bubble Bobble and Bust-A-Move? If not, I won't care all that much.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Ok, no Impa then.
HOW ABOUT THAT VAATI!!
He'd be alright. He's not a one-off villain like Zant or Ghirahim. He'd be like the villain for Toon Link in a way. And we don't have any Wind based characters yet. So why not? I'd like to see multiple villains for some series. And Vaati is still the best choice for Zelda's second bad guys.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Guys, this really is getting a little close to certain banned topics.

How about we talk about Cranky Kong instead? Think he's possible now that Rosalina got in? I personally don't think so, but I've seen plenty of people going team Cranky recently.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Guys, this really is getting a little close to certain banned topics.

How about we talk about Cranky Kong instead? Think he's possible now that Rosalina got in? I personally don't think so, but I've seen plenty of people going team Cranky recently.
No anymore likely than he was before if you ask me. Rosalina's competition isn't quite as strong as Cranky's. King K. Rool and Dixie Kong, seem a little too important to skip over. What with them being the main villain and the third hero. While Cranky is mostly a support character.

I suppose it isn't impossible. Rosalina made it over Bowser Jr., so who knows for sure.

D

Deleted member

"mostly a support character"

Never mind him being the original Donkey Kong and all....

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
"mostly a support character"

Never mind him being the original Donkey Kong and all....
I'm still skeptical about that personally. How can he be that old and Mario hasn't aged a day? Explain that Volcano Lion Dog.

But I get what you are saying. He needs to throw Fire Barrels at people.

D

Deleted member

I'm still skeptical about that personally. How can he be that old and Mario hasn't aged a day? Explain that Volcano Lion Dog.

But I get what you are saying. He needs to throw Fire Barrels at people.
Apes have shorter life spans than humans.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Well, I'm back, and nothing happened here. Kinda slow night huh?

So here's a pic I made for a friend wanting to support Cynthia for Smash:

I know she has no chance, but I had fun drawing this.

D

Deleted member

But forget Mario vs. Sonic.

Mario vs. Cranky Kong is the ULTIMATE showdown of a lifetime!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom