• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Well this went downhill fast, back to 3D World and Halls for me, collecting Flower World stars is a hell of a lot less stressful than having to read someone have an argument with themselves in drag.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Miiverse is nothing, but stupid kids spamming communities with Mario stamps, selfies of Toon Link, and going "Dur, hur, I beat the level!!! Playing with Uncle while I sit on his erected lap! Dur hur!"

"Just got my first 1-Up! Dur hur!"
But who WOULDN'T want to play a video game with Uncle? :awesome:

Honestly, the only ones I really want to see (If we're only counting revealed characters) are Dr. Mario, Dry Bowser, and Skyward Sword Zelda. That's not to say I would complain about getting others though.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
We pretty much covered up a moveset earlier.

So how bout this, your reaction if this was the final Zelda roster:
1. Link
2. Toon Link
3. Classic Ganon
4. Zelda/Sheik
5. Impa
I would be fine. Classic Ganon would make a good replacement for Clonedorf but Impa I don't really care about.

Anderceus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Anderceus
3DS FC
0877-0236-8016
CompleteRoster3.png

The Triforce icon is where I would put Zelda, but her SSB4 image hasn't been added yet. :-/
I decided to take out Wolf because I though he was just a clone of Fox I found that even though she's a major character to the series, Palutena doesn't do too much fighting, herself, so she didn't get a spot (DON'T HURT ME).

EDIT: I'd like to add Wolf back. I have been proven wrong.
I would also like to ass Lucas

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

@Xenoblaze - All that supporter did was threaten to. I really doubt someone would kill themselves over a character. Although the person who said that Lyn's disconfirmation was worse than 9/11 should have been slapped.
Well, I did have an account at some point in 2011, before Groose. I did a bit of... instigating... back then, and I decided that when E3 2013 rolled around, I needed to start fresh here. Let's just say that my last account's name was Mega Man related, okay?

Yeah, I was here as a guest for pre-brawl, here as a bit of a troll in 2011, and here as a guest again in 2012.

Yup, while I'm sure I knew of you back then, it was a long hiatus from 2008-2011 and my memory faded a bit. I remembered a few users, nothing more.
I remember that there was a person pre-Brawl that made an anti-Mega Man thread and he did briefly post in the old SSB Wii U thread (one that ran from June, 2011 to June, 2012) briefly. Maybe you're that? Or if not, Chris the Ripper?
Eh, it seems about the same. Ridley is arguably the most popular character this time around, last time he was still beneath Sonic, Diddy Kong, Dedede and maybe Olimar and Mega Man, and that was just post-E3 2006, before that he was also under Wario and Meta Knight. The only thing that might set him below the most popular character status for SSB4 is K. Rool's big rise in popularity, and of course it depends on if we count Mewtwo and Mega Man too.
I would say that Ridley is the 4th most popular character. He has a massive Western fan base, but barely anyone request Ridley in Japan. King K. Rool is a popular choice internationally, so I'd say he's the 3rd. 2nd would be Mega Man and 1st would be Mewtwo.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
View attachment 5533

The Triforce icon is where I would put Zelda, but her SSB4 image hasn't been added yet. :-/
I decided to take out Wolf because I though he was just a clone of Fo; I found that even though she's a major character to the series, Palutena doesn't do too much fighting, herself, so she didn't get a spot (DON'T HURT ME).
I though He Fit Trainer was an alt. costume for Miss Fit?
And also literally DHD never did much fighting either, so that's not an excuse to dismiss her.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
He had almost the exact same move set. To me, that sounds like a clone.
Then again, I guess you could say the same about Falco.

On a side note, I love the pictures you guys used.
His normal attacks are completely different from Fox's though, I can understand this though, as most people just point out to only special moves and assume they are clones.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
View attachment 5533

I decided to take out Wolf because I though he was just a clone of Fox I found that even though she's a major character to the series, Palutena doesn't do too much fighting, herself, so she didn't get a spot (DON'T HURT ME).
What's with the second WFT, the Male one is already confirmed as an alt. as it doesn't has it's own page on the dojo and it's in the same pose in the one picture.

Anderceus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Anderceus
3DS FC
0877-0236-8016
I though He Fit Trainer was an alt. costume for Miss Fit?
And also literally DHD never did much fighting either, so that's not an excuse to dismiss her.
I wasn't sure whether or not he was an alt., so I just decided to add him for risk of backlash. : - p
All DHD does is fight [ducks], so he does have that. He'd also just be fun to play. ;)
I was thinking Palutena could be, oh, I don't know... an ASSIST TROPHY? :crazy:

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord

1. Link
2. Toon Link
3. Classic Ganon
4. Zelda/Sheik
5. Impa
I'd be pretty happy with it. I think Impa would make a fine 5th Zelda character, whether Sheik's also included or not (although I'd prefer one or the other). And I'd rather have Classic Ganon over Ganondorf with his cloned moveset (even though it probably won't happen).

Anderceus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Anderceus
3DS FC
0877-0236-8016
What's with the second WFT, the Male one is already confirmed as an alt. as it doesn't has it's own page on the dojo and it's in the same pose in the one picture.
I wasn't sure if he was an alt., so I put him in to try to avoid backlash. eh heh heh

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I wasn't sure whether or not he was an alt., so I just decided to add him for risk of backlash. : - p
All DHD does is fight [ducks], so he does have that. He'd also just be fun to play. ;)
Her being an AT doesn't sit well with me. :p
She does have the moveset potential to become a character. Using the power of light to knock out opponents.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Plautena does has the two boss battles to go from in Uprising for Attacks, plus Zelda never really fought before introduced in Melee.

Also why is Lucas and Wolf cut?

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
He had almost the exact same move set. To me, that sounds like a clone.
Then again, I guess you could say the same about Falco.

On a side note, I love the pictures you guys used.
I think you need to go back and play Melee to see the real clone characters. Wolf is as different from Fox as Luigi is from Mario.
Besides, being a clone isn't a good enough reason to think a character will be cut. It's mostly a reason to want a character to be cut. And since this is Roster Prediction that's irrelevant.
On an extremely minor note: work on your roster organization. It doesn't really matter too much, but it just makes it seem more professional.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

1. Link
2. Toon Link
3. Classic Ganon
4. Zelda/Sheik
5. Impa
Actually, I could live with that easily. But you know me, I would STILL be upset that Sheik made it in and Ganondorf didn't. :cool:

Would still be cool to fight Sheik as Impa however.

Anderceus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Anderceus
3DS FC
0877-0236-8016
Plautena does has the two boss battles to go from in Uprising for Attacks, plus Zelda never really fought before introduced in Melee.

Also why is Lucas and Wolf cut?
I added Wolf again, after hearing the arguments of our fellow users.
Lucas, on the other hand, is an indisputable clone.

You do have a point with Palutena, but she was possessed by the Chaos Kin while fighting.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
You do have a point with Palutena, but she was possessed by the Chaos Kin while fighting.
I'm pretty she could fight with the same attacks even without the Chaos Kin, the spiky scorpion monster was just simply controlling Palutena and took advantage of her powers.

Thanks for making it even blander.
How do you not find a goddess badass?

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
I added Wolf again, after hearing the arguments of our fellow users.
Lucas, on the other hand, is an indisputable clone.

Lucas is a clone for? Sharing what, 1 Identical Special Move? The others have different properties and uses. At the very most he's a semi-clone.

Anderceus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Anderceus
3DS FC
0877-0236-8016
I think you need to go back and play Melee to see the real clone characters. Wolf is as different from Fox as Luigi is from Mario.
Besides, being a clone isn't a good enough reason to think a character will be cut. It's mostly a reason to want a character to be cut. And since this is Roster Prediction that's irrelevant.
On an extremely minor note: work on your roster organization. It doesn't really matter too much, but it just makes it seem more professional.
Don't worry about Wolf, I've already added him in an edit.

I tried my best to organize it, but... I guess I just wanted to fill all the open gaps (I have an OCD problem).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom