• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
So, since there are more people here than there were yesterday seeing my roster (I think) what do you guys think of it? I also made a small visual update to Zelda.

If I were to cut anyone, it'd probably be Cranky, Palutena, Bandana Dee and Nintendouji.
Not a fan of Nintendouji. my signature says all

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
I'm pretty sure Fox must have an attack involving Rush, because Rush is in one of the pictures on Fox's page. Luigi looks pretty good at using trees and Pikmin too.
Seriously, comparisions like those are just stupid.
Both Rush, tree & Pikmins were already revealed what they was.
And they aren't very closely related to the character.
I love how you argue Hyrule Warriors is a spin-off, making Impa less likely. But would probably justify Vaati, who only appears in Four Sword spin-offs, or Tingle, who's more likely BECAUSE of his own spin-offs.
Four Swords aren't spin-offs.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Good evening all, hope you're all doing well as I'm now developing the Flu, ****ing wonderful. Anyways, new roster time:

I decided to just go with a simple 45 character roster, a nice size and each newcomer is important in their own rights as both being able to be unique and possibly necessary. Yeah, enjoy. (In B4 WHERE'S PALUTENA?!)
Pretty good roster. No major complaints.

So, since there are more people here than there were yesterday seeing my roster (I think) what do you guys think of it? I also made a small visual update to Zelda.

If I were to cut anyone, it'd probably be Cranky, Palutena, Bandana Dee and Nintendouji.
Swap Cranky for Dixie and It'll be good.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Honest question: How exactly is Zelda+Shiek broken beyond repair? I mean, I'm aware that she's bad, but I don't really see how fixing her is absolutely out of the question.
It's all right, Master President, he's a stubborn ass.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Why do so many people want a spear user? A spear user would be someone who incorporates jabbing and poking into their moveset and has a sweetspot at the tip of their weapon and we already have a character who does that.
Whenever I think of a move set for Dee, that's barely what I have in mind.

Typically, what I'd imagine is a character that specializes in range. However, instead of having many specialized projectiles, he'd have only a few, made up by the sheer number of them at once, either charging up to release multiple spears at once on the ground, or a very spamable toss mid-air. He'd have a close-range, hard-hitting high-risk high-reward side special (probably a body tackle), and a down special that can help cut down on knockback and damage from an attack (a defensive pose of some sort). Spear-copter as a recovery is obvious, a variant on the Wings of Icarus with a constant trapping hit-box above it, balanced out by a laggy start-up.

His normal attacks mainly put an emphasis on chaining allot of little hits together for damage. Think of an entire move set dedicated to having as many multi-hit moves as possible. They're made to discourage approach as much as possible, while also providing punishment for shielding and getting them into a low-range but powerful grab-game.

Well, is that interesting enough?

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕

now this one I really like, my only problem with it is that I don't feel very satisfied with cranky and vaati on it, but Nintendouji and waddle dee make up for it, great roster, though 50 may be a tad bit too much. though anyway:
wolf approves.png
9/10

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom

Not bad. Unsure about Cranky and Bandana Dee, but I can definetly see the latter getting in, although the former not as much. Robin is not a bad choice, just one that I'm personally not a fan of, but bias aside, a plausible choice. Overall I think it's pretty good. 8.5/10
edit: Vaati is plausible but imo it's less likely than us getting the Brawl Zelda cast back.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Impa is dumb and too indated. Sheik is better and needs to replace her in the Zelda games.

Last edited by a moderator:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Going to respond again.
I've made unbland rosters...you all complained about one character...I don't even care. Besides, giving a franchise with representation already unneeded extra representation over giving a new franchise a rep? Not gonna happen.
That could happen, I don't see why it would be intentionally be over a new IP character though. That doesn't make much sense to me.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings

Seriously, why on earth would Cranky Kong get in???

Also make Sheik you're fifth Zelda character. She's the best and is definitely gonna be separate to promote Hyrule Warriors which I KNOW She'll be in! :troll:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Impa is dumb and too indated. Sheik is better and needs to replace her in the Zelda games.
Did you take this avatar so that people are gonna think we are an online, arguementive couple? :rolleyes:

Sheik cannot replace Impa in the Zelda games, as Zelda can't be her own body guard and nursemaid. Impa is also better than Sheik, learn 2 point Sword Skyward.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I'm done with Miiverse for the next couple of days now. :evil:
Miiverse is nothing, but stupid kids spamming communities with Mario stamps, selfies of Toon Link, and going "Dur, hur, I beat the level!!! Playing with Uncle while I sit on his erected lap! Dur hur!"

"Just got my first 1-Up! Dur hur!"

If only there was a Sheik community...

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom