• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Leak or no leak, I think Pac-Man's chances are drastically overrated. The main argument for his inclusion is still "Namco's working on Smash," even though Sakurai blatantly stated that Namco isn't getting special treatment. If Pac-Man makes it in, he's gotta do it on his own merits alone. Pretend Namco has nothing to do with Smash 4 - then decide how likely he is.

(Sakurai also heavily suggested that we shouldn't get our hopes up for more third party characters, but I digress.)
Regardless of special treatment, Pac-Man does have one hell of a resume to pitch to the development team. I definitely don't think he's a shoo-in, but he does have a solid chance.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Leak or no leak, I think Pac-Man's chances are drastically overrated. The main argument for his inclusion is still "Namco's working on Smash," even though Sakurai blatantly stated that Namco isn't getting special treatment. If Pac-Man makes it in, he's gotta do it on his own merits alone. Pretend Namco has nothing to do with Smash 4 - then decide how likely he is.

(Sakurai also heavily suggested that we shouldn't get our hopes up for more third party characters, but I digress.)
Agreed!
In my mind, Impa and Tingle are the most likely.

I do have a question, Scatman. How do you know that he's the second most popular Zelda character? Do you have a poll or something? I'm genuinely curious. I thought that most of his support was in Brawl days.
It was mostly pre-Brawl cause back then, Four Swords was a lot more recent and bigger.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Hoopa is part of the trio that's most likely going to be a event. I don't think he's the new member of the mew party because he doesn't end with the "ee" sound in the pronunciation like the it's brethren.

The most likely Zelda rep is Toon Zelda/Tetra and most of us know it. Tingle and Impa come close, but TZT is definitely winning the battle in chances.

Also this President is pretty knowledgeable about smash.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Pretend Namco has nothing to do with Smash 4 - then decide how likely he is.

If Namco had nothing to do with SSB4 this is the only thing I can really think of to support his inlcusion.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings

The first real controversial is Diskun. He's obviously the "historical" character, and he's the only real competitor besides Daitoryo (who I feel is a Smashboards-created concept Sakurai never thought of) and Sheriff (who uses guns which Sakurai wouldn't do). So yeah, Diskun is probably getting in.
I agree with Diskun
Little Mac, Pac-Man and Mii are as good as confirmed.
A leak is not a confirmation. And the prediction of Wii Fit Trainer doesn't make it a leak, especially when that guy made errors in his "leak". If I sit here on this thread predicting Diskun all the time like I do, and then one day I go to a completley different website the day before a reveal (Which I would obviously do that since I know there will be a reveal) It doesn't make me a leaker if I say Diskun is going to get in the day before he's revealed.
but really, they're just in denial because they don't want Mii or Pac-Man in the game.
I can understand the denial of Mii, but Pac-Man has plenty of reasons not to get in.
Cutting PT and Lucario is a pretty controversial move, but Sakurai did say not all characters would return.
Sakurai said that "We don't have time to bring back EVERY character that's been in PREVIOUS Smash gameS. This includes Dr. Mario, Pichu, Young Link, Roy, and Mewtwo. Sakurai said he simply doesn't have time to revive every veteran that ever existed. He said nothing about Brawl characters specifically so nothing yet suggests Brawl cuts are likely. Also Sakurai said no characters are getting replaced, so by adding Victing you are suggesting that Sakurai has 6 Pokemon characters planned.
Besides, every Melee cut 2 Pokémon in Brawl, that's what might happen here.
That makes literally no sense. This means that because something happened once for good reason, that every Smash installment will have a new version of Young Link, 1 Mario character cut, and additional rep to every franchise that got one in Brawl, and 2 Kirby characters. What reason does Sakurai have to cut 2 Pokemon characters let alone the two you chose? Pokemon Trainer is by no means lower priority than Mewtwo or Victini. He's the most important of all after Pikachu.

Chrom is replacing Ike because of recency, just like Ike replaced Roy.
Ike never replaced Roy. Both Roy and Ike were planned to be in together. Roy had the most data in the game after Mewtwo. Also Ike was never added because of recency and neither was Roy. Roy was added because he was more unique than Leif, and Sakurai didn't know who to add in Brawl until Intelligent Systems suggested Ike because of his requestes. Not to mention Ike is the only character besides Marth and Leif to star in 2 Fire Emblem games.

And speaking of Roy, why would he get in over Chrom? He has little to no importance in recent FE games.
Little to no importance? Last time I checked, Roy was the most popular and iconic Fire Emblem character after Marth and Ike, and the only character besides Marth to have a descendent or character based off of him continuing his story. What does Chrom have besides recency? What is your basis for saying Chrom is important besides that? International release? Because If I recall Lyn also had international release and she's way more popular than Chrom. You don't need to be recent to get in.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Sakurai has Namco's help, they can get Zelda and Sheik balanced well, besides, Meta Knight is the one they should worry about balance-wise. Saying you want Sheik gone is like saying you want any character that isn't balanced perfectly gone, why would you want to get rid of them instead of making them work right?
Namco's help won't do too much if the concept by itself is just too broken to be fixed anyway. :rolleyes: MetaKnight is definitely not the only one we should worry about! He's not even that overpowered, just remove the immense knockback on his Up B, make Tornado far less spamable and give him less priority and speed. Brawl's mechanics made MetaKnight so good. As MetaKnight actually had a lot of combos, in a game with no combos. :smirk:

Ganondorf, Zelda and Link need a lot of help to. Why would they only adress the best, and leave out the worst? That makes no sence. That's not a sollution at all.

I don't want them to make it work either, as it obviously can't really be done. Why force to make it happen if Sheik is so terribly irrelevant anyway?

I'd say Tingle is the most likely, I don't think Sakurai would go for Toon Zelda/Sheik/Tetra/Linebeck again if just to avoid the backlash.
The only problem I have with Vaati is that he was the main villain from a set of Zelda games... that weren't developed by Nintendo.
Though with Rosalina appearing because of her recent appearances and relevance in the Mario games, I think a certain Mask Salesman has a chance with how Nintendo have been teasing Majora's Mask relentlessly.
Then why wasn't Tingle added back in Brawl's time?

Seriously, Tingle and Vaati had their chances.

Happy Mask Salesman is even more laughable actually...

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I'd say Tingle is the most likely, I don't think Sakurai would go for Toon Zelda/Sheik/Tetra/Linebeck again if just to avoid the backlash.
The only problem I have with Vaati is that he was the main villain from a set of Zelda games... that weren't developed by Nintendo.
Four Swords Adventures was developed by Nintendo.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
A character appeared in a Nintendo game developed by a different company!!!!!!!! **** them! Damn them to hell! They are forever shunned from Nintendo's history! Seriously, do people think that has ANYTHING to do with their chances? Like ANYTHING!?

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
@SaturnGamer64 It's not a bad roster, it's just that I don't like Vaati. I used to think Finn from Adventure Time was viable, but I didn't think and still don't think Vaati is. If they revive Four Swords in the future(which I can definitely see), then he has a chance. But now, no. But in the future, probably.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
A character appeared in a Nintendo game developed by a different company!!!!!!!! **** them! Damn them to hell! They are forever shunned from Nintendo's history! Seriously, do people think that has ANYTHING to do with their chances? Like ANYTHING!?
Especially considering Nintendo funds that company.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
We're posting rosters? Okie dokie lokie!
I guess you could add Ridley and King K. Rool. Isaac too if you want someone whose series has no playable characters. Not sure what other changes I would make myself. I don't see anyone I would want to cut. Maybe swap Vaati for Tingle, Tingle is more likely to me. Even if Vaati is a better character.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Happy Mask Salesman succeeding where Skull Kid failed?

Bandanna Dee scoring a 90% chance rating of happening over at the Rate Their Chances thread?

Impa being considered a sure fire thing?

Victini on a prediction roster?

I'm a ****ing Toad supporter and even I think everyone today is acting more delusional than normal.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
What should we talk about now? How about how many characters we will get for preexisting IPs and how many NEW IPs?

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Happy Mask Salesman succeeding where Skull Kid failed?

Bandanna Dee scoring a 90% chance rating of happening over at the Rate Their Chances thread?

Impa being considered a sure fire thing?

Victini on a prediction roster?

I'm a ****ing Toad supporter and even I think everyone today is acting more delusional than normal.
Bandanna Dee got a 90%? What the ****?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Namco's help won't do too much if the concept by itself is just too broken to be fixed anyway. :rolleyes: MetaKnight is definitely not the only one we should worry about! He's not even that overpowered, just remove the immense knockback on his Up B, make Tornado far less spamable and give him less priority and speed. Brawl's mechanics made MetaKnight so good. As MetaKnight actually had a lot of combos, in a game with no combos. :smirk:
Do tell, how exactly is the concept too broken to fix? Meta Knight was just an example, he isn't the only character that needs fixing, obviously.

Ganondorf, Zelda and Link need a lot of help to. Why would they only adress the best, and leave out the worst? That makes no sence. That's not a sollution at all.

I don't want them to make it work either, as it obviously can't really be done. Why force to make it happen if Sheik is so terribly irrelevant anyway?
Like I said, it was an example, of course those three need fixing, there are a few characters that need to be fixed.
And that right there is another issue, stop with the relevancy bull****. When is the last time Impa was relevant? Skyward Sword, which isn't even relevant anymore.

Then why wasn't Tingle added back in Brawl's time?

Seriously, Tingle and Vaati had their chances.

Happy Mask Salesman is even more laughable actually...
Then why wasn't Impa added back in Brawl's time? Why didn't she even get a trophy?
This quote wasn't even directed at you in the first place, you don't have to get pissy and insult the Happy Mask Salesman. I'm not even seriously supporting him in the first place, I'm just having a bit of fun. Besides, calling a character laughable, Game & Watch, R.O.B., Wii ****ing Trainer.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Ah, no. That's not a tallied one. That's the highest an individual gave him.
When you put it that way it doesn't sound so insane. If overall Bandana Dee got 90% then something weird is going on.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
How did Bandana Dee get such a high score? I find it hilarious, don't get me wrong but...

Also, Impa isn't a sure fire thing. But people have been extremely passionate about proving me wrong lately.

Am still thinking she's happening however.

Anderceus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Anderceus
3DS FC
0877-0236-8016
What should we talk about now? How about how many characters we will get for preexisting IPs and how many NEW IPs?
I honestly wouldn't mind them keeping their current roster (plus Captain Falcon) and just adding, like, ten characters from new IPs.

Richard Nixon

Smash Apprentice
Namco's help won't do too much if the concept by itself is just too broken to be fixed anyway. :rolleyes:

Honest question: How exactly is Zelda+Shiek broken beyond repair? I mean, I'm aware that she's bad, but I don't really see how fixing her is absolutely out of the question.

Anderceus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Anderceus
3DS FC
0877-0236-8016
How did Bandana Dee get such a high score? I find it hilarious, don't get me wrong but...

Also, Impa isn't a sure fire thing. But people have been extremely passionate about proving me wrong lately.

Am still thinking she's happening however.
I don't think they should add Impa OR Sheik - save that slot for Groose. : - P
But that's just me.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Not a surprise considering we have alot of Waddle Dee supporters who are very hopeful for the spear user.
Why do so many people want a spear user? A spear user would be someone who incorporates jabbing and poking into their moveset and has a sweetspot at the tip of their weapon and we already have a character who does that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom