• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
*Liked because fellow Diskun Supporter*
*Immediately unliked because Chrom replaced Ike due to muh recency*

Fortanono

Smash Ace
~PREPARE YOURSELF~

-You just used... MUHRECENCY. How. How can you do this. No. It's not a valid arguement. Ike and Chrom can coexist.
-Diskun is Retro, yes... but why do people think that retros are shoo-ins? Only certain ones are. I can see Daitoryo because he's far more integral to Nintendo. It seems like some people are just picking things out of a hat.
-I'm sorry, but there's some bias in this roster. You've got Victini. Granted, it's Masuda's favorite... but that's not really a shoo-in factor.
-Furthermore, you are seemingly placing complete faith in a rumor that has changed its story many times now. I don't believe in rumors because they have no ground to stand on.
-No DK Newcomer? 2 FE Slots? No 5th Zelda Slot? PRIORITY? 1/10 for having Little Mac, but that's about all I like about this roster. Too few Newcomers, too weak arguements.
1. Yeah, but Sakurai says some characters must be cut. Ike is probably low priority.
2. Daitoryo, as I said, is a character I think Sakurai never thought of, and was just an idea Smashboards came up with by itself. Diskun is really the only choice left.
3. I know there is some bias, but I just wanna believe Victini is likely. Probably will end up in a heartbreak, but whatever.
4. As I said before, the "leak" predicted all 3 characters in E3. It seems obvious that they will be there. I dunno. You probably just don't want Mii in there.

I think this is what might happen. You don't have to.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
3. I know there is some bias, but I just wanna believe Victini is likely. Probably will end up in a heartbreak, but whatever.
I think this is what might happen. You don't have to.
REALITY CHECK: Victini will be like Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, and Manaphy before it: a rare Pokeball Pokemon. I mean, it's happened in Melee and Brawl, so it's totally gonna be the same in Wii U and 3DS, right?

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
4. As I said before, the "leak" predicted all 3 characters in E3. It seems obvious that they will be there. I dunno. You probably just don't want Mii in there.
Even though it got those three right, it doesn't prove the other 3 outright. Remember, he also said that those three would be at E3 which was incorrect and there have been leaks that have spread false information along with the correct ones.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
D

Deleted member

I'm expecting Dedede more than Meta Knight. Mainly because Meta Knight hasn't been seen at ALL in any of the Kirby Triple Deluxe footage. Then again that doesn't decide everything.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
I don't think I'm going to ever understand Lip's Chances. She doesn't really stick it to me as a character with huge chances. I understand Takamaru, but Lip. It's likely just me, eh?
I've never understood that much why people think Retros are supremely important and must represent a chunk of the roster. Many Retro choices don't feel right in Smash ahead of some other characters.

I'm expecting Dedede more than Meta Knight. Mainly because Meta Knight hasn't been seen at ALL in any of the Kirby Triple Deluxe footage. Then again that doesn't decide everything.
I'm hoping you are referring to who gets revealed first.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Yeah, it's best to wait if Metaknight is in the game, we have only two trailers of the dang game.
We've got a couple of gameplay videos that show just Kirby and his new abilities.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
My penis is a legendary.
We're posting rosters? Okie dokie lokie!
Why is there no King K.Rool? And how come Vaati is there?

Would replace Lip with Isaac.

Vaati with Impa.

Then add King K.Rool.

Other than that, it's playing it really safe I feel. Can't disagree with this roster too much though

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I actually agree with you that Impa is an important part of Zelda and a likely candidate for Smash Bros.

However, I hardly think she's a shoe-in at all, and I absolutely loathe the idea of one character replacing another. Impa and Sheik can co-exist, man.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Now, don't get me wrong, I don't mind you supporting Impa, but when Vaati get involved, well, that's where I come in.
Am still failing to see how Vaati would be considered at all. He has little to no support at all. And hasn't been in a game in forever.
I actually agree with you that Impa is an important part of Zelda and a likely candidate for Smash Bros.

However, I hardly think she's a shoe-in at all, and I absolutely loathe the idea of one character replacing another. Impa and Sheik can co-exist, man.
You are right. They can co-excist. But for gameplay balance, I'd rather have Sheik gone from Zelda's moveset. And I doubt a separate Sheik will ever happen at all.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yes, because being the 2nd most wanted Zelda newcomer is almost no support and 2011 was forever ago.
2011 because it was the ambassador game on the 3DS? Man, why even use that as an arguement...? :rolleyes:

I hardly hear of any Vaati support. And if it's there, it often comes with 'but it'll never happen'. I doubt we are gonna see Vaati again if Four Swords doesn't make a return.

Richard Nixon

Smash Apprentice
Leak or no leak, I think Pac-Man's chances are drastically overrated. The main argument for his inclusion is still "Namco's working on Smash," even though Sakurai blatantly stated that Namco isn't getting special treatment. If Pac-Man makes it in, he's gotta do it on his own merits alone. Pretend Namco has nothing to do with Smash 4 - then decide how likely he is.

(Sakurai also heavily suggested that we shouldn't get our hopes up for more third party characters, but I digress.)

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
In my mind, Impa and Tingle are the most likely.

I do have a question, Scatman. How do you know that he's the second most popular Zelda character? Do you have a poll or something? I'm genuinely curious. I thought that most of his support was in Brawl days.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
2011 because it was the ambassador game on the 3DS? Man, why even use that as an arguement...? :rolleyes:

I hardly hear of any Vaati support. And if it's there, it often comes with 'but it'll never happen'. I doubt we are gonna see Vaati again if Four Swords doesn't make a return.
And the anniversary edition. The reason why you hardly hear any is because most of us aren't like you Diddy, we don't shove our opinions in other people's faces.

In my mind, Impa and Tingle are the most likely.

I do have a question, Scatman. How do you know that he's the second most popular Zelda character? Do you have a poll or something? I'm genuinely curious. I thought that most of his support was in Brawl days.
On Shortie's poll, he is the 2nd most wanted, if you don't count Skull Kid anymore due to his deconfirmation.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Leak or no leak, I think Pac-Man's chances are drastically overrated. The main argument for his inclusion is still "Namco's working on Smash," even though Sakurai blatantly stated that Namco isn't getting special treatment. If Pac-Man makes it in, he's gotta do it on his own merits alone. Pretend Namco has nothing to do with Smash 4 - then decide how likely he is.

(Sakurai also heavily suggested that we shouldn't get our hopes up for more third party characters, but I digress.)
With less third parties, we might only have 3 in the game total, and if it includes Pac-Man as the third party, I wouldn't really mind in reality.
I just want to see more Nintendo characters come back rather than third parties taking over the roster.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
You are right. They can co-excist. But for gameplay balance, I'd rather have Sheik gone from Zelda's moveset. And I doubt a separate Sheik will ever happen at all.
Sakurai has Namco's help, they can get Zelda and Sheik balanced well, besides, Meta Knight is the one they should worry about balance-wise. Saying you want Sheik gone is like saying you want any character that isn't balanced perfectly gone, why would you want to get rid of them instead of making them work right?

Still feel like Tetra and Tingle are the most likely.... just putting that out there.
Now, don't get me wrong, I don't mind you supporting Impa, but when Vaati get involved, well, that's where I come in.
I'd say Tingle is the most likely, I don't think Sakurai would go for Toon Zelda/Sheik/Tetra/Linebeck again if just to avoid the backlash.
The only problem I have with Vaati is that he was the main villain from a set of Zelda games... that weren't developed by Nintendo.
Though with Rosalina appearing because of her recent appearances and relevance in the Mario games, I think a certain Mask Salesman has a chance with how Nintendo have been teasing Majora's Mask relentlessly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom