• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Hmm...
I really hope that Sakurai goes with Brawl + Mewtwo.
That's what seems most likely, but you never know.
That's what I'm predicting AND hoping. I really liked the Brawl cast of Pokémons, and with Mewtwo on top of it it'd feel perfect. Pokémon is one of those series that can't ever be "finished" the same way as Kirby or Zelda in terms of character representation, but it can sit at a comfortable spot, and I believe that Brawl + Mewtwo is just that.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I didn't play Black, White, Y or X. Hardly played Diamond either, but Infernape is awesome.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Honestly, X and Y were really easy, which is surprising, with the highest leveled Pokemon in the Elite Four and such. But they basically handed you the victory with the Exp. Share. I didn't need to train: by the time I got to the League, my Pokemon were Levels 68 and up. Still, I loved the game, just wish it was more difficult.

My favorite games have got to be Sapphire, Pearl, and White. Everything else is okay. (Fire Red and Soul Silver were pretty good as well).

CalumG

Smash Lord
You know what would be interesting? A simultaneous release of a character for both Pokemon and Smash Bros. I imagine everybody has already heard about Volcanion, Hoopa and Diancie, the three Pokemon buried within X and Y's code.

In the past there has always been event Pokemon locked away within the code of Pokemon. But what if this time around, especially considering how they've been announcing characters so far (coinciding with Nintendo Direct and release dates and such), they did something like a Nintendo Direct where they announced an event for one of these three Pokemon, and then at the end of the Direct, announced that very same Pokemon as a playable or a Pokeball Pokemon in new Smash Bros footage?

It'd certainly be hype building and an interesting point, if only because nothing like it has ever been done before.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
For the most part, they're all in the 60's, except for Greninja, who's 71, and Pikachu (who I'm not even sure if I'm going to use, just brought him back because I missed him), who's 34.
You'll be fine. For two of the Elite Four members, I didn't even get any hits on me. The Champion didn't even lay a finger on me, I led with a Mega Gengar and destroyed the Champion's team. (Then again I did Super Train a hell of a lot).

This was my team:
  • Gengar Lv. 68
  • Gardevoir Lv. 69
  • Tyrantrum Lv. 70
  • Greninja Lv. 69
  • Staraptor Lv. 68
  • Blaziken Lv. 72

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I could solo the Elite Four with Pikachu back in the day. :pikachu2:

Red, Yellow, Gold and Ruby specifically.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I could solo the Elite Four with Pikachu back in the day. :pikachu2:

Red, Yellow, Gold and Ruby specifically.
Would you like to put an entry onto the collab roster, Diddy? You can cut anyone that isn't the Original 12 or confirmed, and add anyone.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
You know what would be interesting? A simultaneous release of a character for both Pokemon and Smash Bros. I imagine everybody has already heard about Volcanion, Hoopa and Diancie, the three Pokemon buried within X and Y's code.

In the past there has always been event Pokemon locked away within the code of Pokemon. But what if this time around, especially considering how they've been announcing characters so far (coinciding with Nintendo Direct and release dates and such), they did something like a Nintendo Direct where they announced an event for one of these three Pokemon, and then at the end of the Direct, announced that very same Pokemon as a playable or a Pokeball Pokemon in new Smash Bros footage?

It'd certainly be hype building and an interesting point, if only because nothing like it has ever been done before.
Very interesting. Or when they're ready in the future, announce the most-likely "Pokemon Z" and reveal someone like the Pokemon Trainer along with it. Then again, it might be a while until we see it. Still, I'm fairly certain we'll see something Pokemon-related when the Bank is reborn.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Whenever I finally get Pokemon X or Pokemon Y, I'll likely carry a Blaziken and a Blastoise on my team. Even if I need to use the Pokemon Bank to do so. Though I really do want the event Torchic on my team instead. Anyone like Yvetal more too?

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I don't know why but I think Sakurai will do something with the Pokemon Trainer.
Change his pokemon or make him solo Charizard or even cut him ._.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
You'll be fine. For two of the Elite Four members, I didn't even get any hits on me. The Champion didn't even lay a finger on me, I led with a Mega Gengar and destroyed the Champion's team. (Then again I did Super Train a hell of a lot).

This was my team:
  • Gengar Lv. 68
  • Gardevoir Lv. 69
  • Tyrantrum Lv. 70
  • Greninja Lv. 69
  • Staraptor Lv. 68
  • Blaziken Lv. 72
Curious on what types the Elite Four use.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Cut Sheik, add Impa. :)
Anyone else?

I don't know why but I think Sakurai will do something with the Pokemon Trainer.
Change his pokemon or make him solo Charizard or even cut him ._.
Same here. I kinda hope he "evolves" the Trainer by fully evolving all his Pokémon. ****, double post.

Last edited by a moderator:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Guys, posting this from the Wii U discussion. I think it makes sense, and I want some feedback.
Guys, crazy theory time:

We all know we didn't get a Pokemon character back in October. Well, maybe he was saving it for Pokemon Bank. Then, he had Rosalina and Zelda reveals to push through, which were unfortunately right next to the release of the Pokemon Bank. So obviously Sakurai needed to put them in and then figure out a way to reveal a Pokemon character at the time the bank is released.

Sakurai messed with Pokemon Bank, causing it to delay, to fit his reveal calendar.
If my theory is correct, Sakurai is a cold, sadistic psychopath.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Same here. I kinda hope he "evolves" the Trainer by fully evolving all his Pokémon.
Well I sure don't.
All of the final evolutions will be heavyweights. The evolutions that PT had in Brawl were perfect: one light, one medium, one heavy.
From a gameplay standpoint, there would be no reason to swap Pokémon if they all had similar stats.
Guys, posting this from the Wii U discussion. I think it makes sense, and I want some feedback.
If my theory is correct, Sakurai is a cold, sadistic psychopath.
Heh.
It makes sense, but I doubt it.
Although it definitely helps a possible reveal to correspond with bank.
Frankly, I don't really care about the delay. Pokémon Y is my first physical Pokémon game (the rest were emulated). I only want that Celebi.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Well I sure don't.
All of the final evolutions will be heavyweights. The evolutions that PT had in Brawl were perfect: one light, one medium, one heavy.
From a gameplay standpoint, there would be no reason to swap Pokémon if they all had similar stats.
Maybe differing movesets, or properties other than weight.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Maybe differing movesets, or properties other than weight.
Still, that makes no difference.
Sakurai made PT work perfectly. The three evolutions for three different weight classes with different stats.
Different movesets and properties still don't justify the idea. If that's the case just separate them.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Sakurai made PT work perfectly. The three evolutions for three different weight classes with different stats.
Different movesets and properties still don't justify the idea. If that's the case just separate them.
Project M starters? I can get behind that.

I could cut Falco for Sable instead.
But people would still complain either way. :p
Can I just add the character without replacing then. :smirk:
Not if it was Pichu or Young Link. Well, I wouldn't anyway.

EDIT: Double post. My bad.

Last edited by a moderator:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I like the Pokemon Trainer how he is. I mean, I understand that some people hate him for the Stamina problem, and that does cripple him in tournament matches, but I liked the idea, and in order to make it work, it had to be implemented like that. I guess he could stop the stamina and instant switch-out, but that's basically making them like Zelda and Sheik. (But they actually have merits).

I don't know. I guess getting rid of the stamina and switiching out when fainting wouldn't be the worst idea, just have to add the individual characters to the tournaments, I guess. I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom