• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ooh now you finally gave something that could be unique, maybe give her the ability to hid in the shadows like Metaknight to surprise opponents. Now you got me interested. :grin:
And before people will go and say that the Deku Nut is already an item... Parasol was an item when Peach was a newcomer in Melee. Diddy literally spawns an item with his Down B, the Banana Peel. Peach can pull items from the ground with Down B to. Fox's lasers much be reduntant to because of the Ray Gun.

People lack creativity, and am getting a bit upset by it.
What exactly could Impa's shield do that differs from what everyone does when they press the shield button?
It's a ****ing barrier. It would deflect physical attacks, and creates an opening to strike, maybe like traditional fighers do with counters. Could fend off projectiles even, and block the path in general. Shields can be grabbed and walked past. Barriers can't.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Alright, guys, let's collab on a roster. I'll put up a roster with all series veterans and confirmed newcomers, and cuts and characters most agreed on will be implemented. Let's go!
Collaboration Roster Roster.png

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
What exactly could Impa's shield do that differs from what everyone does when they press the shield button?
I'm guessing reflect projectiles. Or at the very least deflect them in erratic directions. Then again, what do I care? I don't even want Impa.

And before people will go and say that the Deku Nut is already an item... Parasol was an item when Peach was a newcomer in Melee. Diddy literally spawns an item with his Down B, the Banana Peel. Peach can pull items from the ground with Down B to. Fox's lasers much be reduntant to because of the Ray Gun.

People lack creativity, and am getting a bit upset by it.
I disagree about Fox's blaster. His blaster doesn't cause knockback like the Ray Gun. You are better off using Falco as a comparison, his gun acts more like the Ray Gun does.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I disagree about Fox's blaster. His blaster doesn't cause knockback like the Ray Gun. You are better off using Falco as a comparison, his gun acts more like the Ray Gun does.
Smash 64.

It had Ray Guns, and Fox with a Falco laser. :rolleyes:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I guess that could fit Impa well, but it might be an abusive move because you could literally Deku Nut, attack, stun, attack, stun and it would be pretty overpowered.
Mewtwo could have done that in his moveset too, but he was low tier, so I doubt it'll be a problem.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Fox's Blaster is the equivalent of the Fan without that stupid knockback and throwability, but it has range.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Alright, guys, let's collab on a roster. I'll put up a roster with all series veterans and confirmed newcomers, and cuts and characters most agreed on will be implemented. Let's go!
View attachment 5518
BANDANA DEE.
Add Shulk And/Or Issac?
Cut Young Link. Not sure about Pichu.
You forgot Rosalina.
Just some first thoughts.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I guess that could fit Impa well, but it might be an abusive move because you could literally Deku Nut, attack, stun, attack, stun and it would be pretty overpowered.
Doubt it. Zero Suit Samus has a similar style. Besides, Deku Nut could be a slow projectile. Imagine how Link uses them in Ocarina of Time.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Well, the end to Pokemon Y just broke my heart. I'm dead inside now.

View attachment 5519
We've tried to do a collab roster before. It didn't end pretty.

Last edited by a moderator:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
It did? I honestly never got into the story of the game, it felt like it really tried to make an impact but I just never got to care that much about it.

Black & White's ending on the other hand is just phenomenal, for once a Pokémon game actually ended at the great climax, and the ballsy credit theme really makes it satisfactory.

Though if we count spin-offs there's no ending quite like Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky's "In the Future of Darkness."

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, uh...sorry to hear that.

It did? I honestly never got into the story of the game, it felt like it really tried to make an impact but I just never got to care that much about it.

Black & White's ending on the other hand is just phenomenal, for once a Pokémon game actually ended at the great climax, and the ballsy credit theme really makes it satisfactory.

Though if we count spin-offs there's no ending quite like Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky's "In the Future of Darkness."
Yeah Black and White's story is pretty good. But I just found it more fun to play then the gen 4 games. Black and White were my favorites along with Gold and Silver. It felt like those games got everything right.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
How could they be a slow projectile, they are literally small nuts that could easily be thrown in a fast pitch.
Because of a certain animation their throwing always uses. Don't ask me why, but Link and Impa use it both similary in the same way.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'm currently training for the Elite Four in Y now. Wish me luck!
I one-shot them as soon as I got there, using only 2 Full Restores and 1 Revive. Easiest Elite Four in any Pokémon game to date.

Yeah Black and White's story is pretty good. But I just found it more fun to play then the gen 4 games. Black and White were my favorites along with Gold and Silver. It felt like those games got everything right.
Leaf Green, Heart Gold and White are definitely my favorite games in the series.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
500th message! Congrats to me! I still need nine more volunteers for the collab roster! Here it is again.
Collaboration Roster Roster.png

My favorite Pokémon games are Emerald, Platinum, Crystal and X. Counting spin-offs, Mystery Dungeon Red Team and Pokémon Stadium.

Last edited:

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman
I find B/W to be quite dull in hindsight, favorite Gen 5 game being White 2. LeafGreen, HeartGold, and Sapphire being my other favorites. Hated the 4th Generation. ...Don't hurt me.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
X and Y I felt just didn't go in depth with what it wanted to do, Black and White worked because they got you to care about those characters as they took the time to develop and show their stories and even went to the point of tweaking the norm for a Pokémon story to make it much more strong. With X and Y I didn't feel that way, they just threw all this story and characters at us with no development so you don't get the chance to really care about them. AZ would be so interesting for instance if they didn't just shove him to the side aside from a few points.

It's one of the reasons why I rate White so high on my favorites Pokémon list, because for what it wanted to do it did it very well.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Anyone else think that it's a little strange that the Mario representation for Smash 4 is complete, yet Pokémon only has Pikachu so far?
Maybe Sakurai is focusing on franchises to complete before he moves on into other characters?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Anyone else think that it's a little strange that the Mario representation for Smash 4 is complete, yet Pokémon only has Pikachu so far?
Maybe Sakurai is focusing on franchises to complete before he moves on into other characters?
Well, the Japanese quote for the Xerneas picture said something to the effect that he couldn't reveal everything he had in regards to Pokémon, so supposedly Game Freak is for some reason holding him back.

I think Zelda is finished for now, Sheik will probably be announced at a much later time.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Well, the Japanese quote for the Xerneas picture said something to the effect that he couldn't reveal everything he had in regards to Pokémon, so supposedly Game Freak is for some reason holding him back.
Hmm...
I really hope that Sakurai goes with Brawl + Mewtwo.
That's what seems most likely, but you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom