• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
What if we get Hades instead of Palutena? Hades is awesome.
I used to really go for Palutena, until I began to think that having a Villain would be more fitting with the cast. And Hades is certainly character material.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Here's a roster you all will enjoy.
Well, won't let me post it, but it had Lego Anakin Skyawalker, Red M&M, and Catuar on it. Best part is, the maker wasn't a troll; he was defending the choices legitimately.
Here's the roster in it's entirety(pre-E3, btw):
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Rosalina
Waluigi
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong
King K.Rool
Wario
Mona
Orbulon
Yoshi
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
Toon Link
Toon Zelda
Zora
Goron
Skull Kid
Samus/ZSS
Spire
Sylux
Trace
Ice Climbers
Mr.Game and Watch
Little Mac
Kirby
King Dedede
Meta Knight
T.A.C.
Lololo and Lalala
Olimar
Starfy
Pit
Magnus
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Krystal
Captain Falcon
Octoman
Pikachu
Red
Hilbert (Gen 5 Trainer)
Dawn (Gen 4 Trainer)
Jigglypuff
Plusle and Minun
Pichu
Mewtwo
Eeevee
Meowth
Zoroark
Marth
Ike
Roy
Ness
Lucas
Porky
Isaac
Garet
Karis (GS:DD)
Captain Rainbow
Villager
Tom Nook
Wisp (Some Animal Crossing Ghost)
Sonic
Tails
Knuckles
Blaze
Bean the Dynamite (Duck from Sonic: The Fighters)
Dr.Eggman
Mega Man
Rayman
Pac-Man
Blinky
Jacky Bryant
Billy Hatcher
Master Chief
Black Mage
Cloud Strife
Cactuar
Bomberman
Geno
Mallow
Crash Bandicoot
Toe Jam and Earl
Ghost (Call of Duty: MW2)
Banjo
Morcubus
Lego Anakin Skywalker

I now fully support Lego Anakin Skywalker and Cactuar.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
So, in order to get the topic off of the new style we have, what do you guys think about my roster?
I've said it before, and I'm saying it again: remove Robin for someone like Roy/Chrom/Lucina and the Nintendoji for someone classic like Isaac....and wtf at Cranky take him out for Dixie

8.5/10

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So what's going on? I was gone for a few days again. Any new news since Zelda popped up. And since Christmas is over, I changed my avatar. Got a Gohan one for now. Might get a new Spider-Man one soon.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Good evening all, hope you're doing well. My apologies for not being on sooner, but I got Super Mario 3D World yesterday and have been playing the hell out of it, already on the Mushroom World's final level, and Rosalina's my main character by far, she's so damn good. Best aerial control, a built in attack and double jump, she's really helpful for getting stars and stamps. Anyways, looks like I missed a new layout to the site, and it looks pretty clean. Also, I'm honestly surprised how hard the new Zelda is, especially from this day and age of super-easy games.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So, in order to get the topic off of the new style we have, what do you guys think about my roster?
Pretty good there. Maybe swap Cranky for Dixie. She just seems more likely to me and all. Can't really see many other changes that need to be made. I don't know maybe throw in Isaac or Saki?

Well, I got a new sig.
Not a bad sig. Not bad at all.

Also, the new layout is a little weird. Not bad, but the pages move a little slow for me.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I've said it before, and I'm saying it again: remove Robin for someone like Roy/Chrom/Lucina and the Nintendoji for someone classic like Isaac....and wtf at Cranky take him out for Dixie

8.5/10
I find Robin to be a much better choice than Chrom and Lucina, and more unique than Lucina, Roy, and Chrom. I just don't see the reason why I should cut Nintendoji for Isaac and Cranky is in due to his importance and uniqueness.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
I'm done my decloned Pichu moveset.

Pichu Moveset

Pichu is very fast and is hard to hit.

Neutral B: Ukelele. Pichu pulls out his Ukelele and plays it, sending a wave of music around him like the Barbara the Bat Assist Trophy in Brawl, but it is smaller and weaker. You can press B more times to make him play his Ukelele more. Does 7% each hit with a little knockback.

Side B: Iron Tail. Pichu runs forward, then flips and swings his tail, bashing it into the opponent. He does this all very quickly. Deals 12% with big knockback.

Up B: Agility. This move is similar to Pikachu's Quick Attack, but is much faster and goes a bit farther. This also makes Pichu faster for the next 5 seconds.

Down B: Thunder Wave. Pichu sends a wave of electricity that grows bigger around him until it is a foot away. It will disappear after 1.5 seconds. If anyone touches it they will get paralyzed, they will be paralyzed longer depending on there damage.

Final Smash: Thunder Shock. Pichu shoots two giant bolts of lightning on each side of him, dealing huge knockback and damage.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
Wow, this is going slow...so here's some Miiverse stuff:

I am growing to love Miiverse, but maybe that's because I don't read the comments of other members.
I love them!

Pichu Moveset

Neutral B: Ukelele. Pichu pulls out his Ukelele and plays it, sending a wave of music around him like the Barbara the Bat Assist Trophy in Brawl, but it is smaller and weaker. You can press B more times to make him play his Ukelele more. Does 7% each hit with a little knockback.

Side B: Iron Tail. Pichu runs forward, then flips and swings his tail, bashing it into the opponent. He does this all very quickly. Deals 12% with big knockback.

Up B: Agility. This move is similar to Pikachu's Quick Attack, but is much faster and goes a bit farther. This also makes Pichu faster for the next 5 seconds.

Down B: Thunder Wave. Pichu sends a wave of electricity that grows bigger around him until it is a foot away. It will disappear after 1.5 seconds. If anyone touches it they will get paralyzed, they will be paralyzed longer depending on there damage.

Final Smash: Thunder Shock. Pichu shoots two giant bolts of lightning on each side of him, dealing huge knockback and damage.
What do you guys think?

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Wow, this is going slow...so here's some Miiverse stuff:

I am growing to love Miiverse, but maybe that's because I don't read the comments of other members.
I would still be on miiverse, but unlike you, I read the comments of my posts :ohwell:. Plus, I'm not much of a drawer, so that option couldn't work for me, tbh.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Pichu Moveset

Not a bad moveset at all, though I'm still not convinced Pichu should come back still. :(
You should make Down-B sort of a shock wave move, where pichu will temporarily create two shocks between him that do multihit damage.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Not that anybody cares, but I think because of difficulties with my avatar, Booker is going to go. I just can't get it to fit the way I want and it's irritating.

Maybe someday I'll bring him back. But I'll be changing it shortly. (sorry that this is so off topic. I OWN THIS THREAD. COME AT ME.)

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Not that anybody cares, but I think because of difficulties with my avatar, Booker is going to go. I just can't get it to fit the way I want and it's irritating.

Maybe someday I'll bring him back. But I'll be changing it shortly. (sorry that this is so off topic. I OWN THIS THREAD. COME AT ME.)
Yeah, I'm having trouble getting a new profile pic that works, too. So I just went back to my original first profile pic.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529

But Booker deserves to be remembered! His death so easily to a Big Daddy was so stupid! (I realize he died the same way Jack Ryan did in one of the first Bioshock commercials)

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Sakurai doesn't care about slots. If he did, we wouldn't have 3 Starfox characters in Brawl, 1 DK and 1 Kirby rep in melee, and 4 planned Mario characters in 64. Not to mention Pokemon's "six"
What kind of logic is this? Do you have a source that Sakurai doesn't care about slots? Why wouldn't we have 3 Star Fox characters in Brawl? Why are we comparing the first game's plans to now? Also only 3 were planned the first time so why does that matter? Why shouldn't Mario have the most? Also Sakurai didn't even think of Diddy at the time, had Dedede planned, and was skeptical of adding characters from his own franchise, not to mention his only choice was to add clones in order to beef up the roster. Also Pokemon has 4 slots not 6. It has 6 playable characters, but not 6 on the menu screen.

So Toon Zelda was ONLY in the data to fill a void? That doesn't sound right to me.
Why doesn't it? Seems about as plausible as Pichu only in melee to fill the void. Care to explain a better second toon incarnation from the same franchise would have made it alongside Toon Sheik, a made up character? I mean both characters have their merits, but without their filler benefit they wouldn't have made the final cut.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
What kind of logic is this? Do you have a source that Sakurai doesn't care about slots? Why wouldn't we have 3 Star Fox characters in Brawl? Why are we comparing the first game's plans to now? Also only 3 were planned the first time so why does that matter? Why shouldn't Mario have the most? Also Sakurai didn't even think of Diddy at the time, had Dedede planned, and was skeptical of adding characters from his own franchise, not to mention his only choice was to add clones in order to beef up the roster. Also Pokemon has 4 slots not 6. It has 6 playable characters, but not 6 on the menu screen.

Why doesn't it? Seems about as plausible as Pichu only in melee to fill the void. Care to explain a better second toon incarnation from the same franchise would have made it alongside Toon Sheik, a made up character? I mean both characters have their merits, but without their filler benefit they wouldn't have made the final cut.
To be fair, you are the one making the argument that he does if I remember the conversation from earlier (correct me if i'm wrong. I'm not trying to poke the bear).

In addition, it is up to the person making a claim that he DOES care about slots. It's called burden of proof. That's like going into a trial and the defense claiming a guy didn't kill another guy, and the prosecution replying with, "YOU GOTS PROOF O DAT?"

It's up to the person who claims that "Sakurai cares about slots" to prove that "Sakurai cares about slots".

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Hey, if Mewtwo and/or Roy do come back, will they have one of those character things like the newcomers get? Like "Wii Fit Trainer Weighs In" If so what do you think Roy's would be? Because clearly Mewtwo's will be "Mewtwo Strikes Back"

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
So here is my take on a 45 Character roster. I'm trying one without Mii this time. Also notice Ridley is absent as there is strong evidence supporting he is a stage hazard.

Please don't kill me for lacking Ridley. It's not as unplausible now as it was the last 2 times, especially when Metroid already got a new character in Brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom