• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
3 characters in Brawl was already pretty overkill for a franchise which not only has less sales than Metroid, but has also been abandoned. If anything this time Star Fox needs to try and keep Wolf on the roster.
That doesnt mean SF doesnt deserve another character, just that there are franchise who needs urgently one.

I just dont like to see series being doomed just because a bandana supporter some thinks "it doesnt deserve it", every franchise deserve a character, come on, this is smash... if brawl was like melee, wolf would have been welcomed with a very big smile and a hug.

I mean, at my eyes, sonic doesnt deserve a place, and he is here, so who cares, is going to be fun.

Richard Nixon

Smash Apprentice
- 4's first 20 are not as well rounded a group and can lead us to believe that either the full cast will be a large group in order to retain the well roundedness, or that the cast will be unbalanced and reflect whom Nintendo thinks is important, and not necessarily who Sakurai thinks should fit into this game/phenomenon.
I think it's really just marketing. 4's character reveals are being deliberately used to promote other games, not to demonstrate the roster's balance/diversity. I'm sure the full roster will be just as rounded as Brawl's - it's just that so far we're only being shown the characters that generate sales for their respective series.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
Is it just me, or does this site look weird to you guys too?
It's not weird Scatman. We have had this for like, 7 years, it got changed after the great DDOS of 2018. Smash 5 is already out, and Smash 6 is in the making. I don't know why people still post here. And why there still isn't any topics for them. Your acting like your from 2013 bro.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
It's not weird Scatman. We have had this for like, 7 years, it got changed after the great DDOS of 2018. Smash 5 is already out, and Smash 6 is in the making. I don't know why people still post here. And why there still isn't any topics for them. Your acting like your from 2013 bro.
Well, I can tell that my time travel machine worked just fine then.

Fortanono

Smash Ace
Wasn't Waddle Dee enough?
Nah, but here you go.
View attachment 5497
I don't see Daisy or Shy Guy happening though.
Edit: Heh, it looks like Gooey is licking Pit. XD
Victini is as possible as Plusle and Minun, probably more possible. Really, he isn't that likely, but with you having characters like Alph and Slime, it doesn't seem too far-fetched.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
That doesnt mean SF doesnt deserve another character, just that there are franchise who needs urgently one.

I just dont like to see series being doomed just because a bandana supporter some thinks "it doesnt deserve it", every franchise deserve a character, come on, this is smash... if brawl was like melee, wolf would have been welcomed with a very big smile and a hug.

I mean, at my eyes, sonic doesnt deserve a place, and he is here, so who cares, is going to be fun.
Woah, Melee what? Gameplay has nothing with roster additions to do, Melee played great but had an awful roster, at least imo, while most people agree that Brawl had a really great roster despite the distaste for its gameplay (I love Brawl though.)

I don't have anything against Wolf personally, in fact I think the Star Fox trio we have now are perfect representation for the series if anything, I'm just afraid he might get cut.

But you're right that it's a matter of other franchises needing it more, and with limited roster spots I think it's best to skip over Star Fox this round. Maybe next time they can get an additional character, there's just no way it should have more characters than Donkey Kong though.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
I will crack up and laugh at GoldenYuiitusin if "Mr. Hanafuda" is actually confirmed. :rotfl:
Le who?

Yes he has a sticker where the artwork is from Fire Emblem: Binding Blade. The effect of Roy's sticker in The Subspace Emissary is "[Slash] - Attack +24" and the sticker can be applied to all characters. Roy is also referenced in the title of Winning Road - Roy's Hope, an included song from his game that can play during the Castle Siege stage.
You stole my sig -.-

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Post! The website looks weird, I agree Scatman. I wish it would go back, this looks old-timier.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Woah, Melee what? Gameplay has nothing with roster additions to do, Melee played great but had an awful roster, at least imo, while most people agree that Brawl had a really great roster despite the distaste for its gameplay (I love Brawl though.)
Fox and Falco were the the best lords, wolf will be another option if you like those characters.
Street Fighter have many ryu clones, is actually something refreshing to have... i dont know, thats the only reason i could think of why wolf was selected, i like him and im glad they did, but come on, is just wolf.

Im not afraid of him btw, there wasn't a real and strong reason to get him in first place, and there is absolutely no reason to now get him out.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
So, in order to get the topic off of the new style we have, what do you guys think about my roster?
I like this. Like, the only thing I can see people griping about is Vaati, Shulk and/or Robin. But I like those additions. They are excellent, bold and interesting. And Bandana Dee. :happysheep:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
So, in order to get the topic off of the new style we have, what do you guys think about my roster?
I like how the top line, and thus the rest of the roster, isn't just a copy of Brawl's, despite following the vertical setup. Robin instead of Chrom is a plus, I like the inclusion of Bandana Dee, the Elite Four are all here, and Shulk is pretty neat too. I don't know about Vaati and Cranky though, I just can't imagine Vaati in this game, and Cranky doesn't really bring a whole lot to the roster either. And what the heck is a Nintendouji? 50 characters is also really heavy, but we don't really have much to go off of in terms of roster size.

Either way I think it's a great roster in general. However, as long as the Brawl cast + Ridley is there I'm happy, so I guess I'm easily satisfied :p

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I like how the top line, and thus the rest of the roster, isn't just a copy of Brawl's, despite following the vertical setup. Robin instead of Chrom is a plus, I like the inclusion of Bandana Dee, the Elite Four are all here, and Shulk is pretty neat too. I don't know about Vaati and Cranky though, I just can't imagine Vaati in this game, and Cranky doesn't really bring a whole lot to the roster either. And what the heck is a Nintendouji? 50 characters is also really heavy, but we don't really have much to go off of in terms of roster size.

Either way I think it's a great roster in general. However, as long as the Brawl cast + Ridley is there I'm happy, so I guess I'm easily satisfied :p
Not sure what you mean by elite 4, but okay. Vaati's a character everybody should know I'll never stop supporting, he's to me as Bandanna Dee is to Chandelure. Cranky, I felt would be more unique than Dixie, so I chose him over her, Nntendouji is my secondary WTF character that represents both Nintendo's beginning and Nintendo's present.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Not sure what you mean by elite 4, but okay. Vaati's a character everybody should know I'll never stop supporting, he's to me as Bandanna Dee is to Chandelure. Cranky, I felt would be more unique than Dixie, so I chose him over her, Nntendouji is my secondary WTF character that represents both Nintendo's beginning and Nintendo's present.
Little Mac, Ridley, Palutena, K. Rool a.k.a. Little Goddess K. Roodley ;)

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Why is the highlight color ****ing orange?
If you change the style down in the bottom left, it changes the highlight color.

Like I'm using Ruby version and highlight is black.

And all of this red is nicer on the eyes than orange.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Would be fine with this. Mixes in a lot of the popular choices with some slightly less obvious, slightly surprising picks which seems more in line with this particular Smash.

Vaati's a fine choice, and Robin is one of those characters I'm liking more and more. For some reason seeing Cranky before Dixie irks me, and I'm not sure why. Nintendouji is probably the best option for a character in the same vein as R.O.B and Mr. G+W; an important part of Nintendo's history. Bandanna Dee and Shulk is fine as well, and the rest seems fairly Smashboards standard(Little Mac, K. Rool, Ridley, Palutena, Mewtwo).

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
May I ask though, why do people think Palutena is so likely?
Because it was Sakurai who revived the series, so it's more of a personal decision whether to add Palutena or not, since he knows about Palutena's popularity. Plus she brings something new, with her being a goddess and the ability to use light to her advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom