• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Interesting. But my question still stands. Why give Mewtwo a trophy and not Roy? I mean like you said, if that Mewtwo trophy was from another game then it's whatever. But I've never seen it before. I just thought that was interesting.
Because Mewtwo had a model from Pokémon Battle Revolution which looked like complete ****. The only Fire Emblem trophies where ripped from Radiant Dawn, and where only trophies from characters also featured in Path of Radiance (Sothe and Black Knight). Lyn was also there of course, but that's because she has an Assist Trophy. Roy getting a trophy that's equally detailed would be quite an insult to him not being playable actually.

Not that I personally had any problem with Roy being gone cause of Ike being there, but still. All 3 this time around would be no problem for me.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Most likely Mewtwo's trophy uses the model straight from Pokemon Battle Revolution.

Pretty much every Pokemon uses the Pokemon Battle Revolution model, the only exceptions being the playable Pokemon.
Xenoblaze is right. Most trophies in Brawl are, indeed, models ripped from previous games. Most of the Pokémon models are ripped from Pokémon Battle Revolution, except the playable characters and, possibly, the Poké Ball ones.

This is also why Fire Emblem gets stuff mostly from the Tellius games (Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn) and why Zelda has mostly Wind Waker and Twilight Princess stuff.
Interesting. Then my topic for discussion isn't all that meaningful. I just wasn't sure whether there was some sort of effort made to represent Mewtwo more than Roy based on how far along they were respectively. Not that it matters overall.

On a completely unrelated note, I LOVE Ike and Path of Radiance. (granted I'm playing on easy first to get through the story, but i'm forcing myself to keep everybody alive). I'll be real sad if Ike is cut.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'll be pissed if anyone in Brawl is cut. I just can't see any of them going away.

With Melee, it was different, as I didn't mind Dr. Mario and Pichu being gone. Everyone pretty much thought it would happen. Mewtwo on the other hand...

(Edit: Seems the post count and location are now appearing with our posts... The admins be working...)

(Edit 2: And now the join date...)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Interesting. Then my topic for discussion isn't all that meaningful. I just wasn't sure whether there was some sort of effort made to represent Mewtwo more than Roy based on how far along they were respectively. Not that it matters overall.

On a completely unrelated note, I LOVE Ike and Path of Radiance. (granted I'm playing on easy first to get through the story, but i'm forcing myself to keep everybody alive). I'll be real sad if Ike is cut.
You'll only grow to love Ike more. Watch when his growths have kicked in after he promotes!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
My first Fire Emblem was Radiant Dawn, so I'd like to see Ike return. If he returns with his RD look, I certainly wouldn't mind that!

Considering Marth got his look from the Mystery of the Emblem remake, it is possible that Ike could be redesigned too.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Radiant Dawn Ike is awesome to. But really, one should play both Ike's games to truely experience the wicked awesomeness that his character is.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Well at least I can quote from the page now instead of in new tabs...

For reference, Roy does not have a trophy but he does have a sticker and a song Winning Road - Roy's Hope.

Also, many of the trophies were recycled from other games. This is why there are many trophies based on The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Pokemon Battle Revolution, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Donkey Kong: Barrel Blast, etc., and why many series have hardly anything at all.
Huh, that would explain why there were so many trophies from newer material rather then older ones like Melee.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
It depends. If all Melee veterans and all Brawl veterans return, I'd be freaking happy. But, if they cut somebody, I'd be pretty sad, because all the characters in Brawl were cool enough to stay.

Except for Falcondorf. Update him plz.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I must admit that one of the reasons I want to see everybody from Brawl return (and Mewtwo as well) is too see them in the glorious new art style of the game.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
New topic: What if all the Melee characters returned? What would you do?
With the addition of the Brawl cast, meh, I would be slightly disappointed, because I want more original movesets.

Why the hell do we need Young Link?
Why the hell do we need Pichu?
Why the hell do we need Dr. Mario? aside from making Golden orgasm
Maybe get Young Link back for a Majora's Mask based moveset.
Dr. Mario so he can be less of a semi-clone and more of a enjoyable character with pill-based playstyle.
And Pichu, I'm not too sure.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Why the hell do we need Roy?
We don't. The only reason I've ever read for people liking him is because he has the fire visual effects. He is to Marth what Pichu is to Pikachu, aka he's just a worse Marth. The only reason I enjoy his inclusion in Project M is because it's funny beating up a teenager with an unstable voice, though I think Pit did that pretty well already.

The only cut Melee guy we really need is Mewtwo, and even then we don't "need" him per say, since Brawl did fine without him.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
New topic: What if all the Melee characters returned? What would you do?
It depends on the uniqueness of each character.
As I said before, Sakurai is looking for unique characters over anything else, so it seems unlikely.
But if it somehow happens, it would have to be like this.

*Dr. Mario is decloned or at least half decloned.
*Young Link is a transforming team between Deku Link, Goron Link, and Zora Link.
*Pichu is decloned or at least half decloned, and can use his size and speed in a unique way.
*Roy has a unique play style, especially with the fire.
*Mewtwo is a little easier to control, and is even more different from Lucario.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
We don't. The only reason I've ever read for people liking him is because he has the fire visual effects. He is to Marth what Pichu is to Pikachu, aka he's just a worse Marth. The only reason I enjoy his inclusion in Project M is because it's funny beating up a teenager with an unstable voice, though I think Pit did that pretty well already.
Funnily, Project M is the reason I'm loving Roy actually. His gameplay was ultimately what killed the character, but his attributes were adjusted and he received new attacks to better compliment his playstyle. He couldn't take advantage of his attributes in Melee because of his god awful aerial game and stingy hitboxes, but both problems have been addressed, and he feels more potent.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Mewtwo and Lucario. Similar.
Heh.
I know they aren't really similar, but Sakurai should just make them SEEM different, so the casuals don't start flipping out and complaining that Mewtwo is a clone, when they have no idea what the hell they are talking about.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I know they aren't really similar, but Sakurai should just make them SEEM different, so the casuals don't start flipping out and complaining that Mewtwo is a clone, when they have no idea what the hell they are talking about.
Give Lucario the Shoryuken, Hurricane Kick, and Spirit Bomb.

Problem solved.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Have a Roster to speculate on-
Funnily, Project M is the reason I'm loving Roy actually. His gameplay was ultimately what killed the character, but his attributes were adjusted and he received new attacks to better compliment his playstyle. He couldn't take advantage of his attributes in Melee because of his god awful aerial game and stingy hitboxes, but both problems have been addressed, and he feels more potent.
Yeah, I love using him in Project M, making him one of my mains for the mod.
So you want Lucario to change his neutral-b just so he's not similar. :p
They could switch it to his side-b :rolleyes:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Aside from the the neutral Special Move, Lucario and Mewtwo are hardly similar to each another.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I see the Neutral-B as literally the only reason people think Lucario is a clone of Mewtwo. Perhaps if the pose of Lucario while starting up his Aura Sphere was changed, maybe people won't complain. XD

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
His Project M incarnation is a lot better yes, but I still don't really enjoy him as a character, though that's mostly just a case of him not being my style of character rather than being a bad clone.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Style? Some elaboration, for curiosity sakes?
As in "I don't really find the character fun to play". Nothing more to it really, his moveset and the whole hit-with-the-middle-of-the-sword just doesn't work for me.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Hey guys, here's a conversation starter.
Here is every character I consider somewhat possible.
Who did I miss, and who doesn't belong?
Possible Contenders Roster.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom