• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
You know, Diddy, some people are saying the Phantom could be Zelda's new Side+B... so Zelda would keep Sheik as Down+B... maybe Din's Fire could be Zelda's new Down+B except it now looks like the actual Din's Fire spell from Ocarina of Time... and the Phantom is her new Side+B move... :troll:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Question people.

You know how each character's page has a color to them (Zelda Purple, Peach Pink, Link Light Green, etc.), right? Well, what are some colors you think would go for the unrevealed veterans? Let me start off:
  • King Dedede- Red Orange
  • Diddy Kong- Red
  • Mewtwo- Pinkish-purple
  • ZSS- Aqua Blue
  • Ganondorf- Dark Purple
  • Mr. Game & Watch- White

Sizzlorr217

Smash Cadet
Maybe replace with someone else from a series that hasn't been represented...

This might be just my personal preference but... for the FZERO Slot, how about adding the FZERO AX character Phoenix?
I mean, he looks like Falcon (perhaps as an alternative Costume?) and there are speculations of Phoenix being the descendant of Falcon.

Beside that, as a Space cop who travels through time, there is more than enough room for the development of a unique moveset.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Duck Hunt Dog would probably get blue (sky), green (grass), brown (soil), or even orange (NES Zapper). :awesome:

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Question people.

You know how each character's page has a color to them (Zelda Purple, Peach Pink, Link Light Green, etc.), right? Well, what are some colors you think would go for the unrevealed veterans? Let me start off:
  • Diddy Kong- Red
  • Mewtwo- Pinkish-purple
  • ZSS- Aqua Blue
  • Ganondorf- Dark Purple
Diddy Kong: Poppy Red
Yoshi: Deep Green
Wario: Golden Yellow
Ice Climbers: Deep Purple/Light Pink (Split)
R.O.B.: Dark Grey
Falco: Sky Blue
Wolf: Navy Blue
Meta Knight: Navy Blue
Ness: Either Red or Yellow
Lucas: Pale Yellow
Ike: Deep Blue
Snake: Medium Grey
Kanto Trainer: Crimson Red
Jigglypuff: Cotton Candy Pink
Lucario: Medium Blue

For Newcomers:

Ridley: Deep Purple
King K.Rool: Medium Green
Tactician: Maroon
Pac-Man: Golden Yellow
Shulk: Poppy Red
Isabelle: Pale Yellow
Rhythm Heaven Wrestler: Greyish Red
Palutena: White
Tetra: Medium Blue

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
I'm too lazy to go back and read all that, so what did we eventually decide for the Phantom? Assist Trophy?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I'm too lazy to go back and read all that, so what did we eventually decide for the Phantom? Assist Trophy?
I don't know what the **** it is. Being part of her move set makes no sense, Phantom seems like a rather odd choice for a Zelda Assist Trophy unless we are having several AT's for each franchise, and it obviously isn't part of the stage.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
This is my current one.
No to Robin, replace with someone like Isaac

I dunno who Nintendouji is, but maybe replace for a better wtf character

Other than that, I'd be okay with the roster.

View attachment 5486

Prediction roster! Octoman counts as a duel rep for Star Fox and F-Zero, Blaziken is cool and Anna don't give a fuq!
I'd remove Octoman and Anna as they don't stand a chance

As much as I love Blaziken, PUT CHARIZARD BACK IN THERE!!!

Overall solid 9/10 from me

Question people.

• Diddy Kong- Red
  • Mewtwo- Pinkish-purple
  • ZSS- Aqua Blue
  • Ganondorf- Dark Purple
As long as they cut back on green and blue, I'd be okay with it. Seeing more than half of the roster in green and blue is unnecessary when it should've been other colors such as Dark Orange for Samus, Dark Brown for DK, Tan-ish color for Fox, etc

Maybe for some:

Wario: Golden-yellow
Diddy: Bright red
Lucas: Mustard yellow
Falco: Dark red
Wolf: Dark grey

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
And do you think Jigglypuff's Rest,Pikachu's Skull Bash,Ness's PK Fire or Ganondorf's Wizard Foot make sense? XD
Yes. And that's completely different. Also Sakurai's inconsistency in trivial canon is not an excuse to avoid all logic and justify a character doing whatever you want.

Late to the party on Smash Boards, but what do people think of that Phantom/Spirit Knight with Zelda? Like, do you think it is a move? Or is it a AT?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
So how many additions to existing IPs should their be this time? Melee had 11, and Brawl had 12. There aren't many options available this time so should this be considered a reason to add lesser characters like Palutena? Speaking of lesser characters benefiting by Sakurai supposedly looking deeper for more additions to existing IPs, maybe this could give Waddle Dee a chance? (Yes, Chandeclure I am considering Bandanna Dee)

I personally think that because of there being less options for IP additions, combined with evidence suggesting Sakurai wants Zelda to match Pokemon if it matches Mario, that we may be getting a fifth Zelda character.

I'd like to bring up this topic because I was currently making a 45 character roster and realized I only had 3 additions to existing IPs + Mewtwo & Roy. Along with 6 Additional IPs including Mega Man. I don't feel this is enough additions to existing IPs, but in order to fix that I'd gave to exceed 45 slots. Not to mention I'm very skeptical of Ridley.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Mind elaborating on that? "No" doesn't cut it for me.
Fire Emblem has always been Lords only. I really just can't see Robin making the roster as he/she is a non-lord. Important to the story, yes, but that's just simply not enough.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
While Sakurai counts Pokemon as 6 characters, he counts it as 4 slots. Why else would Toon Zelda be in the data of Brawl? If Sakurai doesn't count slots then we sure as hell aren't getting Ridley because that would be 3 Metroid charatcers, and this means Mario can get 6 or 7 slots.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
Fire Emblem has always been Lords only. I really just can't see Robin making the roster as he/she is a non-lord. Important to the story, yes, but that's just simply not enough.
I realize that Ike is a Lord, but I believe they gave Ike the "Ranger" class in Brawl. For that, and my own personal opinion, I don't believe that it will, or should be, limited to Lords.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I think Dixie will become a semi-clone of Diddy from a basic simple standpoint. She was planned before as a last minute semi-clone and was pretty much intended to be.
No offense or anything, but this pretty funny coming from the guy who can make a moveset for Dr. Kawashima. :p

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Late to the party on Smash Boards, but what do people think of that Phantom/Spirit Knight with Zelda? Like, do you think it is a move? Or is it a AT?

It's a move.
I don't know why so many want to believe in "double updates" so much.

Like... People reading too much into off-scene shots (the Wii Fit Trainer doing that Solar Yoga move, and people immediately jumping "OMG it'z Isaac casting Psyenergy from offscreen!)

Or when Sakurai makes a particular comment, then a character reveal must be made out of it one way or another, to the point people will twist his words and "translate it" into what they want it to read like.

Same with Zelda. She got a reveal, and they revealed what is clearly a new move, but people want to make it more than what the update really is by believing the Phantom is an AT.

What we see is what we get. There are no double-updates, no off-screens revealing another character's attack, and no Ridley, Bowser, and Ganondorf in the clouds. -_-

TheTuninator

Smash Champion

Status unknown, pending further information.

Same with Zelda. She got a reveal, and they revealed what is clearly a new move, but people want to make it more than what the update really is by believing the Phantom is an AT.-

There's nothing clear about it, and some of the people trying to make the update more than it is are the ones arguing for the Phantom Knight as a new move.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I think it's an item. Not a move or an AT.

While Sakurai counts Pokemon as 6 characters, he counts it as 4 slots. Why else would Toon Zelda be in the data of Brawl? If Sakurai doesn't count slots then we sure as hell aren't getting Ridley because that would be 3 Metroid charatcers, and this means Mario can get 6 or 7 slots.
You play as slots in Smash Bros? This is new.
Why do you think Toon Zelda is in Brawl's data?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
You play as slots in Smash Bros? This is new.
Why do you think Toon Zelda is in Brawl's data?
Slots are how many character icons shown on the character select menu. Zelda and Sheik are two different characters, but they work together as one character. And Toon Zelda was in the data to match Pokemon and Mario's 5 slots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom