• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Eh, I might as well just stay on here for today. I'm bored anyway. So, any new rosters? Or do I need to TRY AGAIN and post my roster and hope people will actually look at it?
Well, I did post something. :p

Well, you missed:
- Starfy deconfirmation
- Zelda confirmation
- Phantom Zelda deconfirmation
- Massive speculation that Sheik is cut
- No more pics of the day until Jan 6
- Rainbow Road as a 3DS stage
- Rosalina is super tall
Does this mean that we won't have anymore long discussions of Starfy's inclusion? Oh Joyous Glorious day! And yeah, why the hell is Rosalina around 10 feet tall? She's twice Mario's height!

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I'm going to re-do my roster on what I think is likely, based on the unique abilities of a character. It's not my personal roster, but it's what I believe might happen.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Hmm.. nothing changed really. :p
I would replace Samurai Goroh and Roy (or) Robin with another series that could use representation.
Maybe put in Pac-Man and Mii, but that's your call.
Yeah, the only change since last time is Rosalina. However, I haven't seen many characters to change, since I think the perfect representation for FE are those 4 and Goroh is to complete the representation for F-Zero, giving us the rival character.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Yeah, the only change since last time is Rosalina. However, I haven't seen many characters to change, since I think the perfect representation for FE are those 4 and Goroh is to complete the representation for F-Zero, giving us the rival character.
I don't really think FE needs 4 for now, it deserves it, but its not likely at all. Best to stay at three. Also most of your newcomers look like they have original movesets, so why not remove Roy for someone original?
At the current stance of F-Zero, it could have a 2nd character, but it doesn't really need it. Maybe wait till Miyamoto figures out how to reinvent F-Zero again. So I suggest you add a retro there too, I think were bound to get a retro in this installment as Sakurai has stated before he is doing his best to bring back franchises from the dead.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I don't really think FE needs 4 for now, it deserves it, but its not likely at all. Best to stay at three. Also most of your newcomers look like they have original movesets, so why not remove Roy for someone original?
At the current stance of F-Zero, it could have a 2nd character, but it doesn't really need it. Maybe wait till Miyamoto figures out how to reinvent F-Zero again. So I suggest you add a retro there too, I think were bound to get a retro in this installment as Sakurai has stated before he is doing his best to bring back franchises from the dead.
I've replaced Roy and Goroh with Piccolo and Mr. Hercule Satan. I know this roster is going to get a 100000000/10 from everyone. :awesome:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Two characters that I think are unlikely but I really want are Samurai Goroh and Medusa.
What do you think about them?
I prefer Hades over Medusa, but I can't deny the uniqueness of turning people into stone. But I like Hades more, he's alot more appealing.

Popeye should replace Mario, as the original Donkey Kong was supposed to be a Popeye game.
Kid Kirby for Smash 4. :troll:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211

This is my new "uniqueness" roster. So, before I cover each character, I'll just say that Sheik, Zero Suit Samus, Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard are still present, and alternate costumes are for solely WFT, Villager (gender swaps), Mii (upload your own Mii), Wario (biker suit) and Mario (Dr. Mario/ Doctor Wa-Hoo! :awesome:).

Mii: The Mii is a customizable fighter. You can personalize his standard attacks, aerials, grabs and throws (all taken from the Mii's starring roles) in any way you want, but all the attacks are balanced, so there's no one better move than the other. His size, weight and speed change depending on which Mii you use, but there's also the option to use a standard balanced default Mii (this is the default choice if you have no Miis in your system).

Isaac: Stage control. Using psynergy, Isaac can move obstacles, create new ones in their place by forming boulders and spawn vines that capture opponents.

Mewtwo: He's Mewtwo. He paralyzes opponents and can use his mind to move opponents, items, projectiles and himself across the stage.

Ridley: Aerial grab. Ridley can grab opponents in the air, and use this to have control on both land and air.

Palutena: Magic user. By summoning Centurions and creating light magic, Palutena is a trickster character, being able to fool characters with fake-out attacks and magic abilties. Her scepter also helps in some moves.

Mach Rider: He never leaves his bike. EVER. He's the most mobile out of any character, and has machine guns and amazing reflexes to boot. But, if his bike were to separate and be destroyed, he's doomed.

Waddle Dee: Spear user. He can use said spear to hover upwards, throw it, has his own Falcon/ Megaton Punch and the many weapons of his people (parasols, etc.)

Little Mac: Clean fighter. Nothing but powerful fists, and a Star mechanic which buffs his attacks depending on how many he has. They are earned by getting successful Star Punches/ Star Counters, and loses one when recovering with the Star Uppercut.

King K. Rool: Blunderbuss. K. Rool fires cannonballs and can knock them around as if they were nothing. He also can throw his crown and hover with his jetpack.

Dixie Kong: Hovering grab artist. Dixie's hair is her main weapon, as she can grab opponents and carry them, hover with her hair and even attack with it. She also fires gumballs which can slow the opponent down.

Chrom: Stance fighter. Switches between his Falchion and his lance to fight in battle.

Shulk: He can breaks shields and turn invisible.

Pac-Man: Can switch between Pac-Mode (nothing but constant chomping) and normal mode (the limb-bearing Pac-Man).

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Why?

Any character can be made unique.
I think Dixie will become a semi-clone of Diddy from a basic simple standpoint. She was planned before as a last minute semi-clone and was pretty much intended to be. Almost all of his newcomers have original movesets, except probably Dixie. I'm not saying he should remove Dixie though.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer

This roster is absolutely amazing. I have one jarring problem with it however...a 5th Zelda slot, perhaps? I'm not suggesting anyone or anything, but I believe it's importance is the same as Pokemon and Mario, who have 5 slots. Otherwise, I'd be totally fine with this roster. You have Bandana Dee too :happysheep:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Prediction Roster.png
Prediction roster! Octoman counts as a duel rep for Star Fox and F-Zero, Blaziken is cool and Anna don't give a fuq!

CalumG

Smash Lord
I think Dixie will become a semi-clone of Diddy from a basic simple standpoint. She was planned before as a last minute semi-clone and was pretty much intended to be. Almost all of his newcomers have original movesets, except probably Dixie. I'm not saying he should remove Dixie though.
Actually, Dixie Kong was originally intended to be included in Brawl as a tag-team mechanic with Diddy - presumably with a way of switching between the two. I imagine it'd have been like a combination of the Ice Climbers mechanic and the Zelda/Sheik mechanic, with one character following behind the other and down-B being used to switch which character you're in control of (just speculation of course).

But yeah, that's why Dixie Kong is in Brawl's code. Is there any evidence that Dixie Kong was intended to be a "last-minute" semi-clone at any point? Because it's the first I've heard of it.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Actually, Dixie Kong was originally intended to be included in Brawl as a tag-team mechanic with Diddy - presumably with a way of switching between the two. I imagine it'd have been like a combination of the Ice Climbers mechanic and the Zelda/Sheik mechanic, with one character following behind the other and down-B being used to switch which character you're in control of (just speculation of course).

But yeah, that's why Dixie Kong is in Brawl's code. Is there any evidence that Dixie Kong was intended to be a "last-minute" semi-clone at any point? Because it's the first I've heard of it.
I think it's safe to assume she was a filler since she was last in the Brawl priority list. (But Mewtwo doesn't really count since was also last, who got almost done in programming, if it weren't for Sonic)
I think I also saw her have her own file in one wiki I saw, so that may hint she was considered to be paired with Diddy, but instead was planned as a semi-clone.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
This roster is absolutely amazing. I have one jarring problem with it however...a 5th Zelda slot, perhaps? I'm not suggesting anyone or anything, but I believe it's importance is the same as Pokemon and Mario, who have 5 slots. Otherwise, I'd be totally fine with this roster. You have Bandana Dee too :happysheep:

My main problem is I couldn't decide another Zelda character. I was leaning towards Tingle or Tetra, but I eventually gave up and added Isaac instead. I might make a 2.0 adding a random button and Tingle, making it 53 characters.

CalumG

Smash Lord
I think it's safe to assume she was a filler since she was last in the Brawl priority list. (But Mewtwo doesn't really count since was also last, who got almost done in programming, if it weren't for Sonic)
I think I also saw her have her own file in one wiki I saw, so that may hint she was considered to be paired with Diddy, but instead was planned as a semi-clone.
Presumably, Dixie was bottom of the "priority list" (though I don't put much stock into that) due to the fact that Sakurai scrapped the Diddy/Dixie pairing mid-development. He made it quite clear in a Famitsu article (in around 2008/9 I believe?) that Diddy and Dixie were meant to be paired, but he couldn't get the pairing to work out in the way he had wanted it to.

Dixie being in the code doesn't indicate semi-clone status in any way, shape or form.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
My main problem is I couldn't decide another Zelda character. I was leaning towards Tingle or Tetra, but I eventually gave up and added Isaac instead. I might make a 2.0 adding a random button and Tingle, making it 53 characters.
You should add Classic Ganon, that trident could definitely bring something new.

Presumably, Dixie was bottom of the "priority list" (though I don't put much stock into that) due to the fact that Sakurai scrapped the Diddy/Dixie pairing mid-development. He made it quite clear in a Famitsu article (in around 2008/9 I believe?) that Diddy and Dixie were meant to be paired, but he couldn't get the pairing to work out in the way he had wanted it to.

Dixie being in the code doesn't indicate semi-clone status in any way, shape or form.
Then what could really say about Toon Zelda, Dr. Mario, and Roy. It's most likely intended for them to be semi-clones, just simply look at Toon Sheik being planned.
He may try to get Diddy/Dixie tag-team to work again though in Smash 4 due to the recent events of Tropical Freeze and high demand for Dixie now.

CalumG

Smash Lord
You should add Classic Ganon, that trident could definitely bring something new.

Then what could really say about Toon Zelda, Dr. Mario, and Roy. It's most likely intended for them to be semi-clones, just simply look at Toon Sheik being planned.
He may try to get Diddy/Dixie tag-team to work again though in Smash 4 due to the recent events of Tropical Freeze and high demand for Dixie now.
I never said Toon Zelda, Doc, Roy and Toon Sheik weren't intended to be semi-clones. I said Dixie Kong wasn't intended to be a semi-clone (or at least, we have absolutely nothing suggesting that to be the case). What exactly are you trying to say here?

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I never said Toon Zelda, Doc, Roy and Toon Sheik weren't intended to be semi-clones. I said Dixie Kong wasn't intended to be a semi-clone (or at least, we have absolutely nothing suggesting that to be the case). What exactly are you trying to say here?
I'm simply saying that the Diddy + Dixie duo was planned, but it never got to work, so Dixie moved her role from being a part of Diddy Kong to being a last minute filler. Though there is the chance she may have not be planned as a semi-clone, but with the similarities to Diddy, I'm pretty confident she was going to be a semi-clone.

CalumG

Smash Lord
I'm simply saying that the Diddy + Dixie duo was planned, but it never got to work, so Dixie moved her role from being a part of Diddy Kong to being a last minute filler. Though there is the chance she may have not be planned as a semi-clone, but with the similarities to Diddy, I'm pretty confident she was going to be a semi-clone.
Seems like baseless speculation to me, but fair enough.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
yeah, but imma bee
Ahh, but does that matter, fine gentleman? I'm no racist.
I like the roster, but Octoman seems like an unlikely choice for an F-Zero rep. Maybe replace with someone else from a series that hasn't been represented like Andy.
Octoman represents both Star Fox and F-Zero. A two-for-one while also being unique, using his six arms to deliver fast, deadly combos! Also, 2.0, as requested by the both of you!
Prediction Roster Roster.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom