• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I haz a new roster in the whole time I was gone, but since I don't feel like posting the entire roster, I'll just show this. The roster is basically all veterans from Brawl + Mewtwo + all characters here:

No Internet for five days does things like this...:p

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Reasoning? I am very curious.
Well I have:
Krystal over Wolf: Wolf is to similar to Falco and Fox but is the worst of the three. Also adds a female.
Takamaru over R.O.B.: R.O.B has had his chance, plus WTF takes his spot as a joke character
Chrom over Ike: The newest sword wielder and main character from a Fire Emblem game.
Mewtwo/ Mega Mewtwo over Lucario: Mewtwo is a better known character and has been rejuvenated with his mega form.

As for the others:
Paper Mario: We already had an unoriginal Dr. Mario, and Paper has had 4 games that were all pretty good.
Ashley: Well either her or Jimmy T since both got their themes in SSBB and are the best known from WarioWare, also another female.
King K. Rool: Another Villain, and Donkey Kong needs another rep.
Dixie: Maybe a tag team with Diddy or something. She was in SSBB data.
Micaiah: Non-sword wielder while still a main character. Could be unique with ability to heal. Also another female.
Palutena: With revival of Kid Icarus, there should be another rep. Palutena is the most known. Also another female.
Professor Layton: Another joke character. However Marvel vs Capcom had Phoenix Wright, so this could be a counter for it. Also he is only on Nintendo Systems. Very popular in Europe mainly, so it gives more to the European gamers.
Shulk: Same with Layton in that Xenoblade was popular in Europe the most. Also adds a new series like Animal Crossing did.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I haz a new roster in the whole time I was gone, but since I don't feel like posting the entire roster, I'll just show this. The roster is basically all veterans from Brawl + Mewtwo + all characters here:

For a second there, I thought I saw Rhythm Wrestler with wings.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Well I have:
Krystal over Wolf: Wolf is to similar to Falco and Fox but is the worst of the three. Also adds a female. If anybody, you should cut Falco and not add krystal
Takamaru over R.O.B.: R.O.B has had his chance, plus WTF takes his spot as a joke character Oh, that makes sense why Mr.G&W was cut from Brawl and let's us know ROB didn't save the video game industry
Chrom over Ike: The newest sword wielder and main character from a Fire Emblem game. Because Ike isn't more unique, popular, and important than Chrom is.
Mewtwo/ Mega Mewtwo over Lucario: Mewtwo is a better known character and has been rejuvenated with his mega form. Lucario was very important in Pokemon X and Y, if anybody cut Jiggly

As for the others:
Paper Mario: We already had an unoriginal Dr. Mario, and Paper has had 4 games that were all pretty good.
Ashley: Well either her or Jimmy T since both got their themes in SSBB and are the best known from WarioWare, also another female. We don't need another Wario character, 'nuff said.
King K. Rool: Another Villain, and Donkey Kong needs another rep.
Dixie: Maybe a tag team with Diddy or something. She was in SSBB data.
Micaiah: Non-sword wielder while still a main character. Could be unique with ability to heal. Also another female.
Palutena: With revival of Kid Icarus, their should be another rep. Palutena is the most known. Also another female.
Professor Layton: Another joke character. However Marvel vs Capcom had Phoenix Wright, so this could be a counter for it. Also he is only on Nintendo Systems. Very popular in Europe mainly, so it gives more to the European gamers.
Shulk: Same with Layton in that Xenoblade was popular in Europe the most. Also adds a new series like Animal Crossing did.
Responses in red
Also, being Female doesn't raise one's chances any.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Wait, there are people who still think that being female is a reason for being a playable character in Smash?

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Responses in red
Also, being Female doesn't raise one's chances any.
I'm not saying who has the best chances, I'm saying that it would be more reasonable since there should be more female characters. Also why would you cut Falco? That'd would be like getting rid of Diddy Kong. They are valued sidekicks to their franchises. Jiggly has been in since the beginning and has no reason to be cut for that. Also, I like Ike more as well, it's just that Ike was the main from the Gamecube game, there have been two more released games since then.

D

Deleted member

Oh yeah my bad. But I think some are kind of unrealistic, maybe instead of a character it might be another from that series:
Too many characters.
Too many FE newcomers.
Too many redundant cuts (Ike for Chrom? Wolf for Krystal?)
>Michaia
Too many 3rd party.
and even though I support Ashely, I doubt she's happening.

Is this a prediction roster or a wishlist?

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Wait, there are people who still think that being female is a reason for being a playable character in Smash?
Well just recently Sakurai was talking about how it was good there are more female characters in the game. :awesome:
Though it's gotta be the right kind of females representing Nintendo like Anna, Lip, Palutena, and Robin.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Chrom over Ike: The newest sword wielder and main character from a Fire Emblem game.
I agree with your other points to an extent. Yet, I must defend Ike. Ike has appeared as the main character of 2 Fire Emblem games, the only other lord to do this is Marth. Ike is also, according to polls the most played character in brawl, showing that a lot of people like him. Ike while not physically appearing in Awakening was shown through a descendant of his Priam. Only 2 lords from past Fire Emblem games got a descendant(s) in Awakening, Marth and Ike. Also Ike move-set is literally made for him, from the way Aether is performed, to his Critical hit Quick Draw, whch is faithful to his Path Of Radiance animations. Chrom doesn't fight like Ike, so why would he steal his totally unique moveset.

Sorry if I'm ranting, It's just Ike is my main, and I don't want to see him go.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I agree with your other points to an extent. Yet, I must defend Ike. Ike has appeared as the main character of 2 Fire Emblem games, the only other lord to do this is Marth. Ike is also, according to polls the most played character in brawl, showing that a lot of people like him. Ike while not physically appearing in Awakening was shown through a descendant of his Priam. Only 2 lords from past Fire Emblem games got a descendant(s) in Awakening, Marth and Ike. Also Ike move-set is literally made for him, from the way Aether is performed, to his Critical hit Quick Draw, whch is faithful to his Path Of Radiance animations. Chrom doesn't fight like Ike, so why would he steal his totally unique moveset.

Sorry iof I'm ranting, It's just Ike is my main, and I don't want to see him go.

I do like Ike and I agree he has some reasons to stay. But I think if they are going to add Chrom, Ike has to be cut. So maybe Ike will stay, Chrom just won't get in. I think it's one or the other. Also I've lost my main in Roy, it's tough to switch mains so I understand.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
I think Micaiah is pretty unlikely. She isn't that relevant for the series to get in a while after the release of her FE game.

Autumn ♫

I'm not saying who has the best chances, I'm saying that it would be more reasonable since there should be more female characters. Also why would you cut Falco? That'd would be like getting rid of Diddy Kong. They are valued sidekicks to their franchises. Jiggly has been in since the beginning and has no reason to be cut for that. Also, I like Ike more as well, it's just that Ike was the main from the Gamecube game, there have been two more released games since then.
I really don't think that adding female characters for the sake of being female characters is a good idea., I'd cut Falco as Wolf was originally supposed to be in Melee, and is more important than Falco in Star Fox. Jiggly hasn't been important for a long time, and if any Pokemon character gets cut, it's probably going to be her. Not counting remakes, I think Ike was the main protagonist after his first game, then came Chrom.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Is there any need to discuss if Dixie or Cranky will get in?
I'm pretty sure we will get K.Rool. For the other spot, we can't get a clear result. One could argue Cranky is the legendary Kong from the series looking back at DK Arcade and being in every installment of the main series playing some role. An other could argue that the games where Dixie was in, she played a major role. In DKC2 as Diddys sidekick and in DKC3 as main character. How do we want to judge something like this? Can we really say that the number of appearances in games is more relevant or that the role played in the single games is more important? I think we can't.

Let's just put some note here that King K.Rool, Dixie and Cranky are likely characters for DK spots and finish the topic.
It probably comes down to who brings more diversity and potential to make the cut. I mean if you're going to be a character, you gotta at least add something new to the table.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
It probably comes down to who brings more diversity and potential to make the cut. I mean if you're going to be a character, you gotta at least add something new to the table.
thanks for quoting my post. I've changed it because I felt I missed the discussion about that topic already^^
However your point is of course right. We don't need 3 characters that play the same, look the same and feel the same.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I really don't think that adding female characters for the sake of being female characters is a good idea., I'd cut Falco as Wolf was originally supposed to be in Melee, and is more important than Falco in Star Fox. Jiggly hasn't been important for a long time, and if any Pokemon character gets cut, it's probably going to be her. Not counting remakes, I think Ike was the main protagonist after his first game, then came Chrom.
I don't think they should be added for the sake of being female either. Krystal. Palutena, and Micaiah all were very important in the games they were in, and Ashley is the most known out of the WarioWare series, that's why I put those 4 females in specifically.

thanks for quoting my post. I've changed it because I felt I missed the discussion about that topic already^^
However your point is of course right. We don't need 3 characters that play the same, look the same and feel the same.
This is why Wolf or Falco will be cut or changed.

Sorry for double post.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
If they played the same, I would really question Sakurai if were really getting unique newcomers in the roster.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I do like Ike and I agree he has some reasons to stay. But I think if they are going to add Chrom, Ike has to be cut. So maybe Ike will stay, Chrom just won't get in. I think it's one or the other. Also I've lost my main in Roy, it's tough to switch mains so I understand.
Sakurai has said that he has no plans to cut characters this installment, so if cuts do happen it's due to time constraints. So if he has no plans to deliberately cut characters, Chrom will most likely not replace Ike, Chrom could end up as a semi-clone of him, but I wouldn't find that well-received. Chrom and Ike could very well co-exist, but I'm vouching for, a character other than Chrom for a FE newcomer, rather than the former.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Plus, I would really question a roster, with Ike cut and Micaiah as a newcomer, it doesn't make sense together it's like having Zelda with Link cut.

Autumn ♫

I don't think they should be added for the sake of being female either. Krystal. Palutena, and Micaiah all were very important in the games they were in, and Ashley is the most known out of the WarioWare series, that's why I put those 4 females in specifically.
We shouldn't have any Star fox character cut honestly, and especially not replaced by Krystal, a person most people seem to dislike and isn't that important. I can understand Palutena, I'd have Ike replace Micaiah and Robin replace Chrom, and we don't need anymore Wario characters, and if we did somehow get one, it'd probably be either Mona or Captain Syup.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
We shouldn't have any Star fox character cut honestly, and especially not replaced by Krystal, a person most people seem to dislike and isn't that important. I can understand Palutena, I'd have Ike replace Micaiah and Robin replace Chrom, and we don't need anymore Wario characters, and if we did somehow get one, it'd probably be either Mona or Captain Syup.
If it's for a unique moveset, I would say go for the cut. But I think the Starfox franchise will remain unchanged.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
whelp mates, i'm back after kicking people butts using king dedede, it was so satisfying winning with him,
any who what I mi-
Krystal over Wolf: Wolf is to similar to Falco and Fox but is the worst of the three. Also adds a female.
Takamaru over R.O.B.: R.O.B has had his chance, plus WTF takes his spot as a joke character
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
I am done with this thread

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

That obviously had to take a lot of hours to pull off. You're quite talented as an artist there.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Wolf's far more important to Star Fox than Krystal. Cutting any of the space animals for Krystal would be silly.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
My new prediction roster:

Newer Prediction Roster.png

Explanations:

Rosalina, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer and Mega Man are confirmed.

Dixie Kong is important to her series and may be added as a semi-clone of Diddy, Wolf-Lucas style.

King K. Rool does not need any explanations. Same goes for Mewtwo, Ridley and Little Mac.

Robin could have a more unique moveset than Chrom/Robin/Lyn/Lucina/Any other FE character.

Mii because I want everyone to hate this roster because I think it would be cool.

There is a total of 11 newcomers plus Mewtwo returning, so it is a reasonable size.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
If another character needs to be cut for a new one to get in, then the new one should not be added in the first place.

Autumn ♫

View attachment 5483

Explanations:

Dixie Kong is important to her series and may be added as a semi-clone of Diddy, Wolf-Lucas style.

King K. Rool does not need any explanations. Same goes for Mewtwo, Ridley and Little Mac.

Robin could have a more unique moveset than Chrom/Robin/Lyn/Lucina/Any other FE character.

Mii because I want everyone to hate this roster because I think it would be cool.

There is a total of 11 newcomers plus Mewtwo returning, so it is a reasonable size.
I'd add Vaati.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue

View attachment 5483

Explanations:

I would add Palutena there. But that's about it really.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Well, you missed:
- Starfy deconfirmation
- Zelda confirmation
- Phantom Zelda deconfirmation
- Massive speculation that Sheik is cut
- No more pics of the day until Jan 6
- Rainbow Road as a 3DS stage
- Rosalina is super tall

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Eh, I might as well just stay on here for today. I'm bored anyway. So, any new rosters? Or do I need to TRY AGAIN and post my roster and hope people will actually look at it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom