• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I think you can accomplish all of this with the Avatar. The concept of the Avatar/My Unit/Tactician character DOES span over multiple games and has overarching importance, and focuses on the use of magic.
But it's such a boring idea....
We already have Villager as an avatar type character, and Mii is very likely.
Not to mention Wii Fit Trainer having a similar concept. I mean, she's nothing special, just a plain old mannequin in yoga pants.
So I feel like Robin would really be overdoing the whole avatar concept. I don't know about you guys, but I don't like the idea of 4 characters with a similar concept.
The image is broken.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
Alright, this thread needs a little boost, so my new roster.
Only changes are layout and Sheik separate from Zelda.
View attachment 5478
Sheik is separate from Zelda temporarily, until we know more about Zelda. If Sheik is proven not to be a part of Zelda, I will cut somebody from my roster in favor of Sheik.
Thoughts:
4 DK characters: I don't think four is all that likely, but I guess DK is important enough. Honestly, I would like Cranky over Dixie for being more unique, but still very important to his series, and has some popularity, which looks like is what Sakurai is going for.
Sheik separate: Yeah, I would do this too. I agree with your reasoning to separate him.
Shulk: I think Isaac might be a little more unique and important, especially since he was an AT, so Sakurai acknowledges him. I'm not sure about Shulk's uniqueness, as far as I know his moveset would consist of mostly the Monado and a few moves with him seeing into the future. I would've picked Isaac over Shulk, but Shulk is cool too.
Lyn: She would still be unique with a different playstyle. I prefer Roy, but Lyn is my close second. I think Sakurai might go for someone with more uniqueness and moveset potential though, like Robin or Anna.
The rest I am fine with.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Do we have a SNES exclusive representative so far?

If the SNES were to have a character, just like NES had Ice Climbers for Melee...
Who do you think would take this spot?

I can't really think of anyone... maybe Lip, but she would be an obscure pic to represent SNES (at least ICs were international).
SNES character? Maybe the Marvelous Trio, the notable trio could be real unique.

And about my honest thoughts about Robin, Robin feels like your generic mage with a sword, similar to how Chrom is just a lord with a sword. I like the character of Robin in FE:A though.

?????????????

Smash Master
But it's such a boring idea....
We already have Villager as an avatar type character, and Mii is very likely.
Not to mention Wii Fit Trainer having a similar concept. I mean, she's nothing special, just a plain old mannequin in yoga pants.
So I feel like Robin would really be overdoing the whole avatar concept. I don't know about you guys, but I don't like the idea of 4 characters with a similar concept.
I don't think the fact that Avatar is an..."Avatar type" character makes a difference; it's still a character. Yes, we already have Villager, but that doesn't demean Avatar as a character; it's the same as "too many sword users" or "needs more females."

I think there's so much MORE to take from the Avatar as a character in SSB, mostly with the implementation of magic and other elements of Fire Emblem in a character that makes sense to add at this point.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I don't think the fact that Avatar is an..."Avatar type" character makes a difference; it's still a character. Yes, we already have Villager, but that doesn't demean Avatar as a character; it's the same as "too many sword users" or "needs more females."

I think there's so much MORE to take from the Avatar as a character in SSB, mostly with the implementation of magic and other elements of Fire Emblem in a character that makes sense to add at this point.
Eh.
I just think it's a bland concept.

LordJackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lordjackal92
I'm kind of surprised that people are so behind Isaac being included. Golden Sun wasn't a particularly big series, it's weird to hear everybody talk about how important it is when not that many have played it.

Not disagreeing with him being included, he's an awesome character, I'm just surprised by the massive support he gets.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
SNES character? Maybe the Marvelous Trio, the notable trio could be real unique.

And about my honest thoughts about Robin, Robin feels like your generic mage with a sword, similar to how Chrom is just a lord with a sword. I like the character of Robin in FE:A though.

So that's the name of that game. I've been trying to remember it.
Looks and sounds a lot like Link to the Past. :O Just found out Aonuma was behind it.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
*Chants* Micaiah! Micaiah! Micaiah *Chants*

I would want her in even over Roy (SSBM Main) because she's a female FE character AND doesn't use a sword.

Also Layton and Snake should be the only other 3rd parties unless they want to add Phoenix Wright since he just had a new game come out.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I think Cranky would be a pretty slow character, but is accompanied by his surprising swift cane. Though that kinda makes him look like trash tier, what additional moves could he also have to give him more diversity?
Cranky wouldn't be an extremely fast runner, but his attacks should be almost as fast as Diddy's. He could create more movement with his pogo cane though.

?????????????

Smash Master
Also Layton and Snake should be the only other 3rd parties unless they want to add Phoenix Wright since he just had a new game come out. Oh by the way, why isn't he in the opening post?
Love Phoenix Wright; one of my favorite video game series. However, it's probably unlikely that we'll see two third party characters from the same company. Both Mega Man and Phoenix Wright are Capcom characters.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
So that's the name of that game. I've been trying to remember it.
Looks and sounds a lot like Link to the Past. :O Just found out Aonuma was behind it.
Yeah he was involved indeed.
So about the trio:
Each part of the trio has unique stats:
Dion, who is a quick fast character and apparently a good pitcher, so maybe he could be the projectile like character?
Max, who is the heaviest, likes to eat (so maybe chomping will be involved), a good boxer, and has the strength to carry crates.
Jack, who is the smartest of three, he could play similarly like Jeff, since he's good with machines. He's also the tallest, so maybe his melee attacks could involve lots of range.

The Mother series started on the NES, so I don't really think that counts.
Maybe someone who originated on the SNES.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Love Phoenix Wright; one of my favorite video game series. However, it's probably unlikely that we'll see two third party characters from the same company. Both Mega Man and Phoenix Wright are Capcom characters.
Yeah I understand that. That's why I was blown when they revealed Mega Man. He is one of my least favorite Capcom characters.

Oh and is Jack (The main guy from Harvest Moon) a third party character?

What does that have to do with anything? You want Pichu in don't you? Because a character that hurts himself is such a good addition.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
The Mother series started on the NES, so I don't really think that counts.
Maybe someone who originated on the SNES.
well in north america there was only one earthbound game, and it was on the SNES.

besides, he was the SNES specific main character, so that counts. right?

?????????????

Smash Master
Yeah I understand that. That's why I was blown when they revealed Mega Man. He is one of my least favorite Capcom characters.
I do like the Phoenix Wright series more, but I would have been disappointed if anyone other than Mega Man was picked for Super Smash Bros. He's Capcom's long-time mascot, and has strong ties to Nintendo since NES days.

Oh and is Jack (The main guy from Harvest Moon) a third party character?
Yeah, a Harvest Moon character could be cool, but Harvest Moon is owned by Natsume, not Nintendo.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Yeah, sorry, usually don't post stuff like that :p.
Hey your good. Don't worry about it.

I do like the Phoenix Wright series more, but I would have been disappointed if anyone other than Mega Man was picked for Super Smash Bros. He's Capcom's long-time mascot, and has strong ties to Nintendo since NES days.

Yeah, a Harvest Moon character could be cool, but Harvest Moon is owned by Natsume, not Nintendo.
In Australia Harvest Moon is published by Nintendo. A little fun fact for you. Plus Harvest Moon has been only on Nintendo consoles except for when they ported A Wonderful Life to PS2

?????????????

Smash Master
In Australia Harvest Moon is published by Nintendo. A little fun fact for you. Plus Harvest Moon has been only on Nintendo consoles except for when they ported A Wonderful Life to PS2
Professor Layton is similar; in everywhere (I think?) outside of Japan, it's published by Nintendo, but in Japan, by Level-5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom