• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Okay... back to discussion.

If we get a Zelda picture, what do you all think we'll see? Some of her moves?
Sheik. :p

...hey guys...I just realized something...WHERE THE **** IS YOSHI!?!?!? :yoshi64:
Eh... how to explain it... remember that Fuzzy incident a couple of years ago?

Yeah... you see, one thing led to the other and... well, he's kind of in a hospital... yeah... ... ....

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm going to take a huge risk;

I am so confident that Impa's not replacing Sheik, that if the following circumstances all occur:
-Zelda no longer transforms into Sheik
-Impa is a Newcomer
-Impa takes Sheik's old moves

I will close my account and never return to SmashBoards.

Is this a rather stupid thing to do? Yes, yes it is. I don't care.
Somebody needs to bookmark this... but not actually hold him to it.

Because we can't loose someone who destroys fools so proficiently over this. :laugh:

....dammit.
Only option would be to account suicide to insure I never come back...
Don't worry, if you need some help I'll super ban you. Because that's what friends do. :troll:

...hey guys...I just realized something...WHERE THE **** IS YOSHI!?!?!? :yoshi64:
Waiting to show up along with New Island most likely.

Or Yarn Yoshi. If that somehow comes out first.

Speaking of Divine, I remember it was Saturn who basically scared him off in the end. Looks like you did something good for us after all! Now who;s gonna do the same back to him? :D
Yeah I'm sure Saturn was the one who banned him. :rolleyes:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Waiting to show up along with New Island most likely.
Can someone please explain to me what is "New" about that game? It seems like a very ironic title considering it may be the most rehashed Nintendo game I've seen. If you can spot anything in that game that's new besides stuff being big, please tell me.

Eh... how to explain it... remember that Fuzzy incident a couple of years ago?

Yeah... you see, one thing led to the other and... well, he's kind of in a hospital... yeah... ... ....
"Yoshi we need to talk about your Fuzzy addiction okay..."

"NO! I can stop whenever I want"

"Yoshi we want to help you because we lov-"

"GET AWAY FROM ME!"

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Can someone please explain to me what is "New" about that game? It seems like a very ironic title considering it may be the most rehashed Nintendo game I've seen. If you can spot anything in that game that's new besides stuff being big, please tell me.
Probably the same thing that's "new" about a fourth rehashed 2D Mario.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I think it is a little ironic that Noah was all against Divine about Rpy and also I think Vaati. Now Noah likes both Vaati and Roy.
I was against Chrom, but also his prejudice against Chrom supporters (which is ironic because he's a recency *****). I don't think Divine ever said anything about Vaati. He too was crazy about Impa because she was more recurring and used the same arguments and bull that Diddy used. If anything he was just as bad, with the exception that he shut up about her when there was a different conversation going on.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I'm not sure what's worse - the fact that there was just a massive flame war over something as trivial as a character in a fighting game, or the fact that I actually read it.
I think it's sad that people try to be self righteous and roll their eyes at the flaming while they take equal part in it. Like when people on this site complain about the majority of users on another site when this site's user majority has it's own unique problem.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Me? Well I'm a bit of a *****, I make few attempts to hide it, but I don't think I've done too much flaming.

There are bigger hypocrites out there, but sure, sometimes I'm probably one of them.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Nintendo uses the word "New" very losely.

Just look at the New Super Mario Bros. games.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
Me? Well I'm a bit of a *****, I make few attempts to hide it, but I don't think I've done too much flaming.

There are bigger hypocrites out there, but sure, sometimes I'm probably one of them.
I guess it would be nicer if someone actually disagreed or said something, but nobody did :p.

As for me, I don't remember doing any flaming :p.

Starbound

Starbound

Not Zelda Not Zelda Any topic but Zelda!

Let's talk Donkey Kong!

What do you guys think about Dixie, Cranky and K. Rool's chances?

SuperBrawler

Smash Master

Let's talk Donkey Kong!

K. Rool: DK villain, unique, not a monkey, very high popularity.
Dixie: Very important to her series, would be easier to implement, popular.
Cranky: Unique, old people representation, playable in new game which is apparently important, important to series.

Cons
K. Rool: Hasn't been in a newer game. (Doesn't really matter)
Dixie: Semi-clone.
Cranky: not as popular, or important.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I say Dixie Kong is the one we are going to get. She'd take less time and Sakurai has a thing for semi clones. Sakurai has shown bias before and after Rosalina it's not unplausible to assume he'd add Dixie with the new Tropical Freeze appearance or with less requests than King K. Rool or supposedly importance. But, despite that Dixie is often shown with Donkey and Diddy together as sort of a trio of heroes and was the star of the third Donkey Kong country respectfully. So I can see Sakurai adding her as the third Donkey Kong character.

King K. Rool on the other hand would bring a somewhat unique playstyle, which could get him in over Dixie.

Cranky Kong shouldn't even be a discussion. I'm astounded that there actually a lot of people talking about him having a chance lately!

?????????????

Smash Master
Sakurai is as biased for certain characters as any of us are; he has his own ideas on which characters he thinks are the most important.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545

Let's talk Donkey Kong!

Give us Dixie and K Rool and everyone will shut the **** up about the whole DK debate

...until the next Smash then everyone will push for Funky

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Give us Dixie and K Rool and everyone will shut the **** up about the whole DK debate

...until the next Smash then everyone will push for Funky
and Cranky. And Lanky.
Probably not Kiddy, Chunky or Tiny though. That'd be Smash 6.

Likewise even if we got Rosalina, Paper Mario, Toad, Bowser Jr, Waluigi, Doctor Mario and Kamek for SSB4, by next Smash people would be clamouring for Daisy, Doctor Luigi, King Boo, Petey Piranha, Birdo, Shy Guy, Baby Bros and Nabbit.

We're insatiable as a fanbase.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Next Smash Bros I'm pining for Waluigi and Paper Mario for Mario, Ravio for LoZ, Funky for DK, Kamek for Yoshi and maybe Rayman,

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Hmm... Sakurai is taking a week's break from posting Smash stuff? I might as well take a break from Smashboards too then. I can only take so much Fire Emblem flame wars, Impa propaganda and overall derpyness for so long during news droughts. :rolleyes:

See you guy's the week after next week. I'll get back to drawing to pass the time or whatever. I wish you all a lovely new year. ^_^

D

Deleted member

All those of you who thought that was a flame war needed to have been around for mine and Chrono's bouts last year....

THOSE were flame wars.

Also Yuii, don't leave!!

What am I supposed to do with this?

Yuii.jpg

You never gave me a name for this character btw...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Wow, this thread really went full ****** with all the Impa nonsense. I'm not commenting on this subject anymore. It has gotten stale and worse than Fire Emblem discussions.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Let's talk about Earthbound! If the series gets a new rep, I think it should be Porky. He's been in two of the three games and would have a very interesting moveset in his spider-walker thing.

D

Deleted member

Wow, this thread really went full ****** with all the Impa nonsense. I'm not commenting on this subject anymore. It has gotten stale and worse than Fire Emblem discussions.
I don't think you should blame the topic at hand, but rather the maturity of some of the posters.

Either way though, I've had my fun, so I agree.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm going to take a huge risk;

I am so confident that Impa's not replacing Sheik, that if the following circumstances all occur:
-Zelda no longer transforms into Sheik
-Impa is a Newcomer
-Impa takes Sheik's old moves

I will close my account and never return to SmashBoards.

Is this a rather stupid thing to do? Yes, yes it is. I don't care.
Way to react overly butthurt and chosing the easy way out. :rolleyes:
I think it is a little ironic that Noah was all against Divine about Rpy and also I think Vaati. Now Noah likes both Vaati and Roy.
He 'likes' Vaati cause it's not Impa. :smirk:

Also, hating Chrom and praising Roy is cool now. :smirk:

Kon

Smash Journeyman
K. Rool: DK villain, unique, not a monkey, very high popularity.
Dixie: Very important to her series, would be easier to implement, popular.
Cranky: Unique, old people representation, playable in new game which is apparently important, important to series.

Cons
K. Rool: Hasn't been in a newer game. (Doesn't really matter)
Dixie: Semi-clone.
Cranky: not as popular, or important.
The point of importance is wrong. Cranky Kong is the origin of the DK franchise with the DK arcade games. And Cranky is in every game so far as I can remember in one way or another present. Dixie is present in spinoffs, DKC2 and DKC3.(and now DKC:TF)
Popularity may be a point, but importance in my opinion is very clear. He's more important for the series than Dixie. Imagine a game without an appearance of Cranky: There would definitely miss someone.
Btw you are contradicting yourself. You say Cranky is important to series and then you say as Cons he isn't.
Also uniqueness is a good point for Cranky over Dixie as all newcomers until now were very unique in terms of moveset.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
The point of importance is wrong. Cranky Kong is the origin of the DK franchise with the DK arcade games. And Cranky is in every game so far as I can remember in one way or another present. Dixie is present in spinoffs, DKC2 and DKC3.(and now DKC:TF)
Popularity may be a point, but importance in my opinion is very clear. He's more important for the series than Dixie. Imagine a game without an appearance of Cranky: There would definitely miss someone.
Btw you are contradicting yourself. You say Cranky is important to series and then you say as Cons he isn't.
Also uniqueness is a good point for Cranky over Dixie as all newcomers until now were very unique in terms of moveset.
Can you make me a Cranky moveset? I've always wanted to see what people are coming up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom