• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

@Manly: ....I am horrible with names.
But remind me what context the character is in, and I'll try my best to make a good name (when I get back from my trip up to grandfather's on Sunday).

@Diddy:
It's not being butthurt; it's called being overconfident. There's a difference.
Ever heard of the concept of gambling?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Looks like Lip has finally been beaten to a dead horse, sad really. :(
More Impa of course. (Whom for some weird reason, I keep dreaming of Impa, and it wouldn't stop the whole night)
And it looks like I picked a good time to rest at 8:00 P.M., no update.
Looks like nothing has changed here. :cyclops:

I'm going to take a huge risk;

I am so confident that Impa's not replacing Sheik, that if the following circumstances all occur:
-Zelda no longer transforms into Sheik
-Impa is a Newcomer
-Impa takes Sheik's old moves

I will close my account and never return to SmashBoards.

Is this a rather stupid thing to do? Yes, yes it is. I don't care.

Oh ____, someones taking a risk. :crazy:

Kon

Smash Journeyman
Can you make me a Cranky moveset? I've always wanted to see what people are coming up with.
Just improvising ride-away. It might be a bit silly for some moves and there are a few moves related to DKCR and DKC:TF that Dixie and Cranky could use of course. Also throwing barrels would of course be more Cranky-related due to his appearance in the DK Arcade game than to any other Kong. Of course the moveset sounds more funny than being serious.

Smashes:
Neutral Smash: Multiple attack with his stick(combos up to 3-4 hits possible)
Forward Tilt: Chargable attack with his stick or charged attack with his flat hand (in DKC3 he had a dojo where he used a shield to defend himself and related to the dojo, I feel like the flat hand move would fit in the dojo style as well)
Down Tilt: The Pogostick move as already known from DKC:TF
Up Tilt: Attack with the stick upwards

Specials:
Neutral Special: Throw Barrels(Inspiration: DK Arcade Game) or throw some random things as if he were upset because of something or someone(he could also use empty potion containers from DK64 and throw them at you if you want a precise example)
Side Special: Jump in a minecart ;D (I honestly can't figure out something for that one yet but until now the minecart, similar to Wario's bike would still be an option)
Recovery Move:Squawks saving him(less plausible as Squawks wasn't even able to transport Tiny Kong until she got the shrink potion on one side, on the other side however still possible as it would be a good explanation why Cranky couldn't fly longer with Squawks help) or the Rocket Barrel from DKCR and DKC:TF appearing. Another option would be the barrel that shoots you somewhere in most DK games.
Down Special: Laying back into his chair
hitting enemies close to him.

Cranky would be slower than Diddy but still be quite fast. (Of course Donkey Kong being slower than Cranky

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I think Cranky would be a pretty slow character, but is accompanied by his surprising swift cane. Though that kinda makes him look like trash tier, what additional moves could he also have to give him more diversity?

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
I think Cranky would be a pretty slow character, but is accompanied by his surprising swift cane. Though that kinda makes him look like trash tier, what additional moves could he also have to give him more diversity?
Moves that make him play exactly like Scrooge McDuck. He must be a clone to be 100% Duck Tier.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
Well according to his moves in DKC:TF(look at the trailer from the Nintendo Direct), he seems still not that slow to me. That's why I would classify him somewhere behind Diddy

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
daily.jpg

This just showed up for me... So no new images next week. What a shame, but we can't really complain after two reveals so close together. Hype be dying down. But who knows, maybe when he returns there may be something in store...

D

Deleted member

@Louie G.: If I lose, then I make good on my wager.
Simple as that.

(Though seeing as I can't actually close my account as I found out, I might have to change it to a self-imposed exile until the game's release.)

Smashiny

Smash Journeyman
Just improvising ride-away. It might be a bit silly for some moves and there are a few moves related to DKCR and DKC:TF that Dixie and Cranky could use of course. Also throwing barrels would of course be more Cranky-related due to his appearance in the DK Arcade game than to any other Kong. Of course the moveset sounds more funny than being serious.

Smashes:
Neutral Smash: Multiple attack with his stick(combos up to 3-4 hits possible)
Forward Tilt: Chargable attack with his stick or charged attack with his flat hand (in DKC3 he had a dojo where he used a shield to defend himself and related to the dojo, I feel like the flat hand move would fit in the dojo style as well)
Down Tilt: The Pogostick move as already known from DKC:TF
Up Tilt: Attack with the stick upwards

Specials:
Neutral Special: Throw Barrels(Inspiration: DK Arcade Game) or throw some random things as if he were upset because of something or someone(he could also use empty potion containers from DK64 and throw them at you if you want a precise example)
Side Special: Jump in a minecart ;D (I honestly can't figure out something for that one yet but until now the minecart, similar to Wario's bike would still be an option)
Recovery Move:Squawks saving him(less plausible as Squawks wasn't even able to transport Tiny Kong until she got the shrink potion on one side, on the other side however still possible as it would be a good explanation why Cranky couldn't fly longer with Squawks help) or the Rocket Barrel from DKCR and DKC:TF appearing. Another option would be the barrel that shoots you somewhere in most DK games.
Down Special: Laying back into his chair
hitting enemies close to him.

Cranky would be slower than Diddy but still be quite fast. (Of course Donkey Kong being slower than Cranky

In the DKTF trailer he also seems to be throwing his dentures around, maybe that move can be implemented as one of his specials :p

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Ready for Espio stuff? Time to copy most of Espio's biography and debate on whether he deserves to be in Smash, not if he will.

Espio the Chameleon is a ninja and member of the detective team, the Chaotix. He can turn invisible, change colors and even throw ninja stars bigger than his person. He has appeared in eleven Sonic games, and is a serious and stoic member, but also violent, to the point of cursing and threatening to kill Dr. Eggman.

Discuss, folks!

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Ready for Espio stuff? Time to copy most of Espio's biography and debate on whether he deserves to be in Smash, not if he will.

Espio the Chameleon is a ninja and member of the detective team, the Chaotix. He can turn invisible, change colors and even throw ninja stars bigger than his person. He has appeared in eleven Sonic games, and is a serious and stoic member, but also violent, to the point of cursing and threatening to kill Dr. Eggman.

Discuss, folks!
I would discuss, but that feels like an impossible character to be in Smash 4. :/
Maybe we could talk about Leon from Starfox?

Espio264

Smash Ace

Discuss, folks!
I'm flattered, but I don't think I'd be a very good Smash character. Ridley and K. Rool should take priority over me anyway. But It's an honor just to be considered.

D

Deleted member

@Manly: ....I am horrible with names.
But remind me what context the character is in, and I'll try my best to make a good name (when I get back from my trip up to grandfather's on Sunday).

@Diddy:
It's not being butthurt; it's called being overconfident. There's a difference.
Ever heard of the concept of gambling?

It was for the comic I'm making, you know, the one that started as a roster based off all the people we know back here...?

That dude is your character. In the context of the comic, he weilds a huge sword, kinda like Guts from Berserk, he's got amnesia, is rivals with Habanero's character, and travels around with his daughter (unknowingly) who is Issy's character, as well as the fox girl, who is Arcade's character.

He's of german-esque origins, and basically a BEAST in terms of strength. So, something in german that kinda follows that is good. You don't have to give me anything definitive, but just toss ideas at me, that's all. My method is basically throwing **** at a wall and seeing what sticks, lol.

[collapse=Here's a pic of his face]
Guts dude.jpg

[/collapse]

SuperBrawler

Smash Master

Discuss, folks!
Too big. :p
I would discuss, but that feels like an impossible character to be in Smash 4. :/
Maybe we could talk about Leon from Starfox?
LANDMASTER!

But in all seriousness, Leon would be awesome. Probably my favourite choice for a SF rep, up there with Slippy.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Alright, this thread needs a little boost, so my new roster.
Only changes are layout and Sheik separate from Zelda.
Official Roster Roster.png

Sheik is separate from Zelda temporarily, until we know more about Zelda. If Sheik is proven not to be a part of Zelda, I will cut somebody from my roster in favor of Sheik.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Alright, this thread needs a little boost, so my new roster.
Only changes are layout and Sheik separate from Zelda.
View attachment 5478
Sheik is separate from Zelda temporarily, until we know more about Zelda. If Sheik is proven not to be a part of Zelda, I will cut somebody from my roster in favor of Sheik.
Meh, I would replace Lyn for Andy or a different FE newcomer like Chrom/Lucina, Robin, or Anna.
That's about it really.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Meh, I would replace Lyn for Andy or a different FE newcomer like Chrom/Lucina, Robin, or Anna.
That's about it really.
I don't want any trouble.
I chose Lyn because Chrom/Lucina is very farfetch'd, Robin is boring, and Anna, albeit a cool idea, I just don't see happening yet. And no Chrom or Roy to avoid argument.
At least I have evidence to support why Lyn would be a good addition, so I think I'll stick with Lyn for a little while.

LordJackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lordjackal92
If we're looking for uniqueness, perhaps Cranky could be a slow mover with quick attacks; he's not very good at dodging, but he can whip his canes around pretty fast to protect himself? I also thought it'd be funny if his final smash was him hulking out to his original Donkey Kong size and hurling barrels with extreme prejudice for a bit.

Also, I've got to admit I never got why people wanted Lyn so much. She was such a bland character to me compared to so many in the franchise.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
She just feels like one of those old lords like Sigurd, Ephraim, and Leif that Intelligent Systems won't probably consider adding Lyn as a character (Even if Lyn became a Brawl AT, it doesn't mean it will translate to playable character). Chrom and Lucina have been advertised alot lately, through Monster Hunter and the SMT crossover, it feels like were getting something Awakening related if its about a FE newcomer, so that's why I probably suggest Robin, Anna, or a Chrom/Lucina tagteam.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Also, I've got to admit I never got why people wanted Lyn so much. She was such a bland character to me compared to so many in the franchise.
People give me crap for Chrom.
Roy and Anna are unlikely imo.
Robin is boring.
Chrom/Lucina is a good idea, but I really don't see it happening at all.
So Lyn is the best choice for me. She has potential to be very unique (check out those movesets in the Lyn thread), she is important (especially in the west), and she continues to be one of the more advertised characters in Fire Emblem. And she was an assist trophy.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
In the DKTF trailer he also seems to be throwing his dentures around, maybe that move can be implemented as one of his specials :p
You got me laughing as you seem to take the moveset for being seriously something I expect from Sakurai ;)

LordJackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lordjackal92
Any character can be unique though, and there are so many other characters in the Fire Emblem franchise that bring new stuff to the table thatsuse nobody else is. She's also not really that important; she's the lord of one of the many games, and she splits the lord title three ways, being debatably the second most important one in that game. From a personality standpoint she's your standard protagonist and doesn't have any real interesting qualities, and she uses a sword like nearly every other lord (albeit in a style more akin to a swordmaster)

I'm really hoping Sakurai just forgoes importance this time around and goes into the plethora of unique army characters. Some of them have pretty big fanbases, and one of Fire Emblem's key themes is its weapon triangle system. Outside of Marth and Ike there aren't really any other Lords that have multiple games and overarching importance, so to me there's no real way to choose one that will please everybody. I'd love to see a magic user, that element of Fire Emblem has been completely glossed over.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Do we have a SNES exclusive representative so far?

If the SNES were to have a character, just like NES had Ice Climbers for Melee...
Who do you think would take this spot?

I can't really think of anyone... maybe Lip, but she would be an obscure pic to represent SNES (at least ICs were international).

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I'd be fine if Fire Emblem stuck with Marth and Ike actually.
But a new Fire Emblem character is probably going to happen, so we may as well just wait and see who it is.

?????????????

Smash Master
Outside of Marth and Ike there aren't really any other Lords that have multiple games and overarching importance, so to me there's no real way to choose one that will please everybody. I'd love to see a magic user, that element of Fire Emblem has been completely glossed over.
I think you can accomplish all of this with the Avatar. The concept of the Avatar/My Unit/Tactician character DOES span over multiple games and has overarching importance, and focuses on the use of magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom