• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

?????????????

Smash Master
That doesn't really count though, since Donkey Kong isn't really known for rhythm games.

That doesn't really count though, since Donkey Kong isn't really known for rhythm games. You could say the same thing with Mario, whos been in Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix.
We could use a character that would better define the rhythm genre.
Seriously though, did Donkey Kong do ANYTHING else during the Gamecube's time?

Rhythm Heaven character could be cool though. I'd be all for that.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
But is that what Donkey Kong is really known for?
I think he's more known for Donkey Kong Country and being in many Mario games.
We need a character that would mostly involve rhythm such as Karate Joe or Agent J.

No, not really anything noticable. :p

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I
I don't mean third party, I mean published by two separate companies in different regions.
I know. And no, there are not. There's some Pokemon apps published by just the Pokemon Company. But they're not official games, and Pokemon Company is a subsidiary of Nintendo, so that doesn't count.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Rhythm Heaven character could be cool though. I'd be all for that.

Sadly, no. And yet, people react overly aggressive that Retro Studios is now making Donkey Kong Country games, at the expense of Metroid Prime which was all glorified during the GameCube and Wii era. :rolleyes:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Is Zero the Shadow the Hedgehog of Capcom fans?
Well, both are anti-heros, have been created by a mad scientist to be the perfect life form/android, but eventually sealed away for years, are red to contrast the heroes blue, have overused yet awesome names, have ridiculously huge power, are the "edgy" kind of character in their series, have gotten their own separate games (though one was crap and the other was 100% awesome)...

Yeah, pretty much.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Well, both are anti-heros, have been created by a mad scientist to be the perfect life form/android, but eventually sealed away for years, are red to contrast the heroes blue, have overused yet awesome names, have ridiculously huge power, are the "edgy" kind of character in their series, have gotten their own separate games (though one was crap and the other was 100% awesome)...

Yeah, pretty much.
WOW, that's a lot of similarities. That gives me an idea...
Shadow the Hedgehog for SSB4.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
He did some good things (though most DKC fans wont accept them)

Like kicking ape rump

and returning to the ways of his grandfather

Actually i wouldnt be surprised if we got a march of the mini's stage in the 3DS version

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I think Louie was so busy arguing he didn't see my thoughts :p.
Nah, I liked them. I'll tell you why I did what I did.
4 DK reps: DK is an extremely important franchise to Nintendo, and since the series was reborn recently, I feel like 4 DK reps isn't completely out of the question, especially considering the popularity of both K. Rool and Dixie (and the fact that Dixie is so easy to make). That being said, I don't see Cranky happening at all. It's too little too late for him. He's important, but not extremely popular and the game in which he is playable in isn't even out yet. I would hold out for Smash 5 when it comes to Cranky.
Sheik: Glad you agree with me.
Shulk: I feel like a brand new Nintendo IP that seems to be getting a sequel (in the form of X) is slightly more important than Golden Sun, a dormant series. And Isaac was an assist trophy in Brawl, sure, but Shulk wasn't even around back then. Who knows if he would have been an AT as well had he been created before 2008?

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I don't think it's too late for Cranky, as Sakurai may have known the information before the roster was finalized, maybe just like with Rosalina.
But come on.
Cranky over K. Rool or Dixie is ridiculous.
At least Mario's big 4 was in before they added Rosalina. Sure you can argue that Toad and Bowser Jr. are more important, but they are just side characters when compared to Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Bowser.
DK only has Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong. It needs K. Rool and Dixie Kong to be complete, and THEN Cranky Kong can come in.
Is Zero the Shadow the Hedgehog of Capcom fans?
Zero is actually cool though.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I, for one, support Cranky for Smash Bros. I also support another white haired man for Smash Bros.
From looking at the avatar, that does seem pretty obvious.
Ghirahim would be cool, but I wouldn't be too sure if he was going to be considered by Sakurai, as he's a one-shot villain who will probably join the graves with Midna and Zant.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Good afternoon all, hope you're all doing well and dear sweet jesus God is it good to be back on the internet. That Ice Storm sure wasn't friendly, wiping out power for us for over 2 days and internet even longer, but it's good to be back, hoorah to seeing a gorgeous Princess Zelda being announced along with her command over the Phantom armors, and yeah. So can someone catch me up on what I've missed in the past 5 days? Because honestly I don't feel like sitting through almost a week of content.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Five: Ike, Wolf, Lucario, Lucas, R.O.B
Hmm.. this is fine, but I really think you shouldn't cut R.O.B.

Good afternoon all, hope you're all doing well and dear sweet jesus God is it good to be back on the internet. That Ice Storm sure wasn't friendly, wiping out power for us for over 2 days and internet even longer, but it's good to be back, hoorah to seeing a gorgeous Princess Zelda being announced along with her command over the Phantom armors, and yeah. So can someone catch me up on what I've missed in the past 5 days? Because honestly I don't feel like sitting through almost a week of content.
Based on Zelda's reveal, you can probably guess on what Diddy Kong is up to.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
What if Mini Marios could be Assist Trophies? o.o

Also, is your sig handmade?
Thats also a possiblity, or maybe even an item that you have to wind up. The only part on my sig i did was stich the already made ones into a single image, you can find all of them in the signiture and icon thread.
-----
The DK series is definitely important, but i dont really think 4 reps is as necessary as some make it out to be. Potential and unique possibilities (except easy clones) will make them more desirable for sakurai to add, i dont think hes gonna try to "rep" every character people deem necessary just to fulfill an equality or amount many want based on how important a series is to nintendo.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Five: Ike, Wolf, Lucario, Lucas, R.O.B
It would be sad to see an original character like Ike go, I don't see why he's so low, is it because of Awakening, because he was pretty prominent in it with having a descendant in the game, the only other being Marth. Him and Marth are the 2 most popular and important lords, I feel. If there are going to be cuts, I expect it to be lower than 5, maybe 3. Lucas has enough standing for him to stay on the roster, I believe.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Oh yeah my bad. But I think some are kind of unrealistic, maybe instead of a character it might be another from that series:
You should go for Robin instead of Micaiah, and the chances of a new Warioware character are pretty slim. Perhaps instead of Ashley, you could add someone from another series like maybe Pac-Man or Mii, those guys are pretty likely to get in.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
You didn't miss much. There were debates regarding the Phantom on Zelda's pictures (it is quite ambiguous on whether it is a move or an Assist Trophy) and more Impa discussions, courtesy of Diddy Kong.

Also, some Fire Emblem and Lip stuff if I recall correctly.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
You missed:
Diddy Kong running around with his Impa propaganda, totally hyped up because of Zelda, and Sheik not being there, Phantom Zelda, blah blah blah.
A flame war over Lip and Isaac.
A random discussion about flame wars.
People being hypocrites and saying everyone flames.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Oh yeah my bad. But I think some are kind of unrealistic, maybe instead of a character it might be another from that series:
I like the roster, but even though Ashley would be a cool newcomer, she's not that likely, maybe another new series rep like Isaac from Golden Sun or etc. and you probably already read my opinion on cuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom