• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I would also add that since you don't see the eyes, that could mean something, perhaps she's possessing it externally? Hmm?
Well unless this picture actually has two Zeldas in it, one normal and one as the Phantom, I'd say she is possessing it externally, I mean she's standing behind it.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
The Phantom would make a nice Forward Smash. Zelda needs to move away from multiple-hitting attacks and focus on single, hard hitting blows. The Phantom can manifest in front of Zelda and swing his sword. He would also absorb hits, adding to Zelda's defensive game.

Plus, if it was a special it might be awkward or non-existent in the air.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
You seem to be convinced on what Sakurai wants, something none of us have really ever been able to predict, especially not with this roster.

I would also add that since you don't see the eyes, that could mean something, perhaps she's possessing it externally? Hmm?

Anyway, suppose we get 13 newcomers total.

We've got 4 in so far, leaving us 9 spots.

So:
-WFT
-Megaman
-Villager
-Rosalina

then, most likelies (imo):
-Palutena
-Ridley
-Takamaru
-Shulk
-Mewtwo
-Impa

the final 3?

What do you think?

-for DK, Cranky, Dixie, or K.Rool? I'm thinking Cranky for some reason.
-think FE will get anyone? If so, who?
-any ideas for the final spot?
Lyn.

As for the final 2 maybe another SF character and mii.....

Realistically, it'll be probably be Robin, Pacman, Mii.

My 2 howls.

D

Deleted member

Well unless this picture actually has two Zeldas in it, one normal and one as the Phantom, I'd say she is possessing it externally, I mean she's standing behind it.
Well, that's what I was implying actually. Something like Yuna in Dissidia 012, or Yugi Moto in JUS.

Lyn.

As for the final 2 maybe another SF character and mii.....

Realistically, it'll be probably be Robin, Pacman, Mii.

My 2 howls.

Pacman and Mii, I actually forgot about Little Mac, I think he's got a better shot than those two. Also, I've noticed that since Rosalina, a lot of people have gained renewed hope in Lyn, but I'm not so sure personally. Hell, I'm not even certain FE will get a newcomer, but I think Robin might be the most likely choice, either Robin or Roy.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Because it makes for an interesting picture? Sometimes there is no rhyme or reason to Sakurai's photography - he just likes to make interesting little scenarios. Sakurai making a humorous picture that shows Zelda 'commanding' a Phantom doesn't seem much different to the multiple photos he's posted (on character pages no less) that imply a humorous relationship between Link and Peach.

This picture is on Luigi's page:

Is it illustrating part of Luigi's moveset? No. Sakurai posts pictures he thinks are funny, entertaining or that best show off the characters' personality.
Yet, when that pic was shown those stuff in the picture were already revealed, the phantom wasn't even known until the pic.
But if it's part of the moveset, why isn't it in any other screens? If it's just there to be one move, that's really underwhelming. Rosalina was introduced with Luma as part of her moveset and Luma was everywhere. The only evidence I see for the Phantom being part of the moveset is that one picture, where Zelda looks disconnected from it and the pose is repeated in another screen with no Phantom...at least 70% sure it's not part of her moveset.
The phantom could be a quick summon move where it attacks and disappears, like Yuna in Dissidia FF 012. I'm almost positive it's not always around, unlike Rosaluma. I'm not saying it will be like Rosalina where she uses it for a lot of things, maybe just a summon.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Because it makes for an interesting picture? Sometimes there is no rhyme or reason to Sakurai's photography - he just likes to make interesting little scenarios. Sakurai making a humorous picture that shows Zelda 'commanding' a Phantom doesn't seem much different to the multiple photos he's posted (on character pages no less) that imply a humorous relationship between Link and Peach.

This picture is on Luigi's page:

Is it illustrating part of Luigi's moveset? No. Sakurai posts pictures he thinks are funny, entertaining or that best show off the characters' personality.
The Phantom picture isn't funny in the slightest. What else can the move be? its not a jab, grab, or taunt.

Like I said i'll keep thinking its a new move until proven otherwise with further pictures, then you can laugh at my wolf face.

Also the luma's are part of alot of rossie's moves, this is just one move.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
The Phantom would make a nice Forward Smash. Zelda needs to move away from multiple-hitting attacks and focus on single, hard hitting blows. The Phantom can manifest in front of Zelda and swing his sword. He would also absorb hits, adding to Zelda's defensive game.

Plus, if it was a special it might be awkward or non-existent in the air.
That might be on the mark, Zelda does need more power, if she is supposed to be the heavy hitter of the Zelda/Sheik duo. Plus, it doesn't replace any specials, and it's not far out of the question with Villager's Forward Smash.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Well, that's what I was implying actually. Something like Yuna in Dissidia 012, or Yugi Moto in JUS.

Pacman and Mii, I actually forgot about Little Mac, I think he's got a better shot than those two. Also, I've noticed that since Rosalina, a lot of people have gained renewed hope in Lyn, but I'm not so sure personally. Hell, I'm not even certain FE will get a newcomer, but I think Robin might be the most likely choice, either Robin or Roy.
Hope you still manage the lyn thread though, those movesets were awesome.

The rosalina thing kinda did renew my already high hopes, I already know she'll be in smash eventually. (either PM or 4)

But yeah I agree with alot of your points. Good to see you back and stuff (no homo)

CalumG

Smash Lord
Yet, when that pic was shown those stuff in the picture were already revealed, the phantom wasn't even known until the pic.
Maybe Sakurai just didn't feel like showing it off yet? Or it wasn't ready until recently? Or maybe it just escaped his mind? You're looking at it from a fans point of view rather than a developer one. From a fans point of view the picture is the reveal of something new - the Phantom - whereas from Sakurai's point of view it may well just be another entertaining picture of a game that he's working on. He probably doesn't place nearly as much stock in analyzing and planning these photographs as we think he does. After all, he's got the pretty busy job of actually making the game.

I doubt whether or not the Phantom had already been shown as an AT had any impact on Sakurai. He saw an opportunity for an interesting scenario in a picture, and he took it. It's probably as simple as that.

D

Deleted member

Hope you still manage the lyn thread though, those movesets were awesome.

The rosalina thing kinda did renew my already high hopes, I already know she'll be in smash eventually. (either PM or 4)

But yeah I agree with alot of your points. Good to see you back and stuff (no homo)
Gahahaha, yeah, it's good to be back, my comp was busted, and I've been busy with other stuff, but I've found the time to come back here and argue about pointless things, hehehe.

I agree that Lyn will find her way into Smash somehow, my bets are on PM personally, and it's better that way, since her being in both would be a bit redundant, and in that case, I'd much rather someone else (like Robin), make the Smash 4 cast (see, I'm not greedy), plus her PM iteration would be more in-line with what I envisioned for her.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I agree with the notion that it's probably a part of Zelda's moveset, if it was just a random armor with no defining traits I'd agree it's probably a throwaway item but it's pink and has cues that directly draw from Zelda's Phantom Knight in ST. It's actually more fitting for it to be connected to the character herself regardless of it being a different incarnation (it's not like she hasn't done that before) then to be a random AT.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Maybe Sakurai just didn't feel like showing it off yet? Or it wasn't ready until recently? Or maybe it just escaped his mind? You're looking at it from a fans point of view rather than a developer one. From a fans point of view the picture is the reveal of something new - the Phantom - whereas from Sakurai's point of view it may well just be another entertaining picture of a game that he's working on. He probably doesn't place nearly as much stock in analyzing and planning these photographs as we think he does. After all, he's got the pretty busy job of actually making the game.

I doubt whether or not the Phantom had already been shown as an AT had any impact on Sakurai. He saw an opportunity for an interesting scenario in a picture, and he took it. It's probably as simple as that.
To prevent a flame war, I'm just going to stop debating and say, we don't know enough about the phantom to make conclusions like these, and I rather wait to we get some more info on it, before it is brought up again.

Is there any other topic to discuss?

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
All this talk of Zelda and Sheik and Phantom and Impa.... good lord. My roster was washed away midst it all. Posting again for more feedback.

Most logical roster i've seen thus far 10/10 (don't usually give 10's)

But you know me..... where's lyn?:awesome:

To prevent a flame war, I'm just going to stop debating and say, we don't know enough about the phantom to make conclusions like these, and I rather wait to we get some more info on it, before it is brought up again.

Is there any other topic to discuss?
This roster.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
You seem to be convinced on what Sakurai wants, something none of us have really ever been able to predict, especially not with this roster.

Anyway, suppose we get 13 newcomers total.

We've got 4 in so far, leaving us 9 spots.

So:
-WFT
-Megaman
-Villager
-Rosalina

then, most likelies (imo):
-Palutena
-Ridley
-Takamaru
-Shulk
-Mewtwo
-Impa

the final 3?

What do you think?

-for DK, Cranky, Dixie, or K.Rool? I'm thinking Cranky for some reason.
-think FE will get anyone? If so, who?
-any ideas for the final spot?
You could go in any direction with FE.
You have to add Little Mac.
And Mii I suppose.
EDIT: K. Rool. And get rid of Impa.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Princess Hilda alt costume, anybody?
I'd like it, along with blonde Zelda with Ocarina of Time colors.

Darker looking Zelda with red eyes, purple hair and possibly a reverse Triforce design on her dress would look nice to me.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
That's the thing. A.) I don't have enough room, though I would get rid of Mii or Shulk if I had a retro, and B.) I know Takamaru is the likely one, but it can be really unpredictable.
I think you should get rid of Shulk, the series is pretty new, and I think Sakurai could easily skip the opportunity. Or you could just add another slot, 46 characters is a very intriguing number.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Has it been updated?

Cause the one in the OP is like... pre-Marth old.
I believe its 7.0

But your talking about something like this:
[/quote]
You probably gonna have to take the icons from the icon maker and implement them yourself I think. Sorry i'm not much help :/

Or ask the person via PM where they got their roster maker.

Sorry James for quoting you again :p

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
As long as its symmetrical your happy with anything amirite? :awesome:
Well, her dress is perfectly symmetrical. It's beautiful.

(Shipping Death the Kid and Zelda now... I'm joking and I'm not really into shipping anyway. :p)

I think you should get rid of Shulk, the series is pretty new, and I think Sakurai could easily skip the opportunity. Or you could just add another slot, 46 characters is a very intriguing number.
The series being "too new" is hardly a good argument against a character.

Noah5900

Smash Rookie
I think a COD zombie should be in the game as a playable character

jk guys this was a joke omg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom