• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
Now, are we being serious about Wonder Red here?
It is always better than endless and infernal wars like the one Saturn and Diddy are having now.

And I can't see WHY Wonder Red should be totally out of the picture. I mean this thread has talked about characters that are FAR more unlikely than him, I guess.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So far I haven't met anyone worse than DD, Shortie, and Diddy...do I want to know?

You think Shortie and Diddy are bad?

Saturn. You need to hang out in other threads and actually get to know these people.

They're both really nice and smart people when it comes down to it.

then who is the worst?
(besides divine deity, I don't think he counts anymore)

Applies to you too.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Maybe Wonder Red could bring something new, but I would personally just skip the new series like Xenoblade, Dillon, and Wonderful 101 to see what their future is like. We need more newcomers from around (and before) the Brawl era first.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
then who is the worst?
(besides divine deity, I don't think he counts anymore)
Not sure about THE worst, but theres this one guy who has some "unusual" thoughts about the Wii U....

Some guy called "Slugma" something thinks the Wii U will flop so badly that Nintendo won't even release Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and will recreate it for Nintendo's next console or start making Smash Bros. for Smart Phones.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Why should Sakurai care about Dillon's Rolling Western more than he cared about Golden Sun and Starfy during Brawl?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Probably because he hasn't beaten to a dead horse. :troll:
Unlike Dr. Kawashima. :troll:

It's really hard to believe that Lord Death's Lord Actor is also the VA of this little bundle of explosives:

PS: I LOVE SOUL EATER.
You mean the English VA, yes? I watched the English dub and partially the original Japanese and I think Lord Death sounds better in English.

Speaking of VAs, the English dub of Soul Eater has many actors that also did the English voices for some Nintendo games:
Maka = Lucina (FE:A)
Death the Kid = Morgan (M) (FE:A)
Masamune = Frederick and Validar (FE:A)
Excalibur = Pyrrhon and Arlon (KI:U)
Free = Lon'qu and Brady (FE:A)

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Not sure about THE worst, but theres this one guy who has some "unusual" thoughts about the Wii U....

Some guy called "Slugma" something thinks the Wii U will flop so badly that Nintendo won't even release Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and will recreate it for Nintendo's next console or start making Smash Bros. for Smart Phones.
Actually one of the worst is Sokio. But, he's on the IGN Smash Forum.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Saturn. You need to hang out in other threads and actually get to know these people.
Yeah I noticed he doesn't seem to hang out on other character threads, but that will probably cause havoc for character threads he doesn't like. :awesome:
Just look at the one time he screwed up the Daitouryou thread when Tepig2000 gave a link to the thread.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Maybe Wonder Red could bring something new, but I would personally just skip the new series like Xenoblade, Dillon, and Wonderful 101 to see what their future is like. We need more newcomers from around (and before) the Brawl era first.
I don't think we should skip over Xenoblade, seeing as it's not only one of the best RPGs of the past two console generations, but it's also still doing very well, still highly wanted, and the character Shulk will bring said players of Xenoblade, who don't already play the series, TO Smash Bros AND Vice Versa to help Xenoblade thrive even more. Not to mention Shulk has the potential to be a completely unique character.

Reznor

work in progress

people have been saying stuff like that since 2003 :facepalm:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Actually one of the worst is Sokio. But, he's on the IGN Smash Forum.

Shokio.

Even if you don't agree with him (I don'), he's still a nice guy.

wait a minute . . . ME?!?

I'm the worst smashboards has to offer?
or are you just saying something else?
That you need to hang out in other threads. You're only seeing one side of a person. You can't judge them just from that.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Like I said, everybody is dismissing Wonder Red because The Wonderful 101 didn't sell well (though it was received positively and likely only did "bad" because it's on the Wii U and not many people have Wii U's yet), but Sakurai went to Platiunum Games' offices to look at Wonderful 101 before it was unveiled at E3, and likely, since that was the period he was deciding on characters, went there to inquire about a character. If Sakurai decided Wonder Red was awesome (and he was done deciding the roster before E3 2013, meaning also before Wonderful 101 was released), then sales don't affect him, so I don't see why everybody's doubtful of his chances and shutting him down because "MUH RECENCY" (as KingShadow so eloquently put it) as if that's a bad thing (*looks at Rosalina*).

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
It is always better than endless and infernal wars like the one Saturn and Diddy are having now.

And I can't see WHY Wonder Red should be totally out of the picture. I mean this thread has talked about characters that are FAR more unlikely than him, I guess.
Not entirely, but at this point, he has a 30% chance at best. You're right, though, there have been a lot less likely characters brought up here.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Unlike Dr. Kawashima. :troll:

You mean the English VA, yes? I watched the English dub and partially the original Japanese and I think Lord Death sounds better in English.

Speaking of VAs, the English dub of Soul Eater has many actors that also did the English voices for some Nintendo games:
Maka = Lucina (FE:A)
Death the Kid = Morgan (M) (FE:A)
Masamune = Frederick and Validar (FE:A)
Excalibur = Pyrrhon and Arlon (KI:U)
Free = Lon'qu and Brady (FE:A)
Yes, I mean the English Dub. John Swasey is a fantastic VA. And speaking of Excalibur, his VA won best voice actor this year for his role as Joel in the Last of Us, way to go Troy Baker!

Shokio.

Even if you don't agree with him (I don'), he's still a nice guy.

That you need to hang out in other threads. You're only seeing one side of a person. You can't judge them just from that.
Yes, he's so nice that he told all his little fanboys to go out and spam Ridley videos with his horrible knowledge and is one of the densest idiots I've ever had the displeasure of meeting on youtube, and THAT'S saying something.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Considering Wonderful 101's quirky setting, I think Wonder Red could be a unique character.

(I don't have a Wii U and haven't played the game, so this is based on what I've seen of the game.)

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
oh . . . okay, now I think I overreacted there a bit
anyway, I wasn't judging anyone, except maybe divine deity, I was just asking for opinions of what you guys thought

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I don't think we should skip over Xenoblade, seeing as it's not only one of the best RPGs of the past two console generations, but it's also still doing very well, still highly wanted, and the character Shulk will bring said players of Xenoblade, who don't already play the series, TO Smash Bros AND Vice Versa to help Xenoblade thrive even more. Not to mention Shulk has the potential to be a completely unique character.
Is he going acknowledge it just like Pokemon did back in Smash 64? Maybe, why not wait till the Xenoblade gets more sequels starring Shulk?
Just look at the game X, I'm sure it will have a very bright future without Shulk playable in Smash, it seems like a better way to save space for other older characters, even if he could be unique.
He could definitely be added in Smash 5.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Is he going acknowledge it just like Pokemon did back in Smash 64?
You mean that franchise that made every kid in America go crazy and had a successful anime with trading cards and the best selling Gameboy game? In other words the most successful Nintendo franchise after Mario & Zelda?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
This is my last post. He's clearly in denial.

Wait, I thought you were listing important roles. Also you do realize this playability was revealed YESTERDAY. Why should it hold significance this far into development?
Same how Rosalina and Dixie's late reveal of playability apperantly signifies this? Not how Rosalina's page has a link to Mario 3D World? Sakurai is an insider. He knows far more things we do, and that's why he makes the decisions not we.

Vaati is the second most important Zelda villian. And how is Impa a more important supporting character than Tingle? Also how is a supporting character more important than the Villian?
Impa is a Sage in 2 games. Has a double role in Skyward Sword as a guardian of Zelda, and advisor to Link and Zelda alike. Vaati is only a villain in the Four Swords games, and guess he had a lucky role in Minish Cap. Hasn't appeared in a long while either, and thus far, his excistance did nothing to stop other 'secondary' villains as Ghirahim, Zant and others to appear.

Impa also sealed away the Triforce as first in the timeline. She cleared dungeons. Fought Ghirahim twice. Instructed Link how to slay The Imprisoned up to 3 times (who would destroy the world apperantly or some ****) and again, told Zelda of her 'destiny'. Better than selling some damn maps at least. :smirk:

Again, this was yesterday. Smash began development like a year ago.
Skyward Sword is still a 2011 game. And Sakurai knows about it, check:

The Goddesses created Link and Hyrule. Clearly Link and the entire Zelda cast is overshadowed by them.
Funny you clearly didn't play Skyward Sword didn't you? Zelda in fact is THE most powerful Goddess of them all, Hylia, reborn in a mortal form. And guess who her hand-picked warrior is? None other than Impa.

Skull Hammer, Deku Leaf, and Fire Rod? PK Teleport, Beam, Brainshock, and Counter? How the hell does this NOT make Toon Link and Lucas viable for a unique move set? :rolleyes:

Do you see why you're argument failed now?
Nope cause the biggest main weapons in Zelda where always Bows, Bombs and Boomerangs. Young Link had a similar moveset to in Melee. You can easily compare the changes between Melee Ganondorf and Brawl Ganondorf to Young Link and Toon Link.

Besides, Sheik's moves are all made up.

If you don't prove it, I have reason to believe it's not true and you're stalling by being ********.
It's ME who's ******** to know about common knowlegde? :laugh: Boy please stop it you're killing me! Toon Link was a late addition as he has no role in Subspace Emmisarry amongst things. His model also looks rushed and worse than most other Smash characters, and his moveset is the most cloney out of all Brawl characters. Anyone could tell you this on here.

This does not explain why they are clones and Impa wouldn't be. All you said was that you're okay with them being clones. That's your own biased opinion that doesn't affect Sakurai's criteria.
Since when you know of Sakurai's personal criteria. The man is a mystery, and he likes it that way. Whatever your reasoning, it doesn't affect either that Sheik can be thrown out for Impa. Neither you or I are employees at Sora LTD or Nintendo. Neither of us know more than each other if we don't rely on common knowlegde. Something that's clearly missing in your reasonings.

You're clearly refusing to explain yourself and thus I have reason to believe you aren't going to get any better.
Explaining to someone who doesn't want to change his mind after seeing facts is a thing that's extremely tiring and time-consuming. In that sence, be 'honored' I even take this time to type this ****, as you obviously aren't even planning on changing your mind by reading my points of arguements. You just wanna proof me wrong, and am sorry kiddo, am not letting you have that joy ;)

Again, so do Toon Link, Impa, and Ganondorf. SO WHY WOULD IMPA!? You keep responding with the same **** you used before I proved why that doesn't work. Repeating something doesn't make it right. How stupid are you?
Ohhh you DO regocnise Impa's own abilities? Good boy! :) Finally talked some sence into you? Your mother would be proud.

That would define him as "Semi-Clone"

Actually Lucas shares 5 similar moves. All of which are specials plus a side smash. So what basis do you have for saying Impa wouldn't share all specials plus smash attacks. If the fact that she has unique abilities didn't work for Lucas, Toon Link, and Ganondorf then it's not going to work for Impa.
PK Freeze is different enough from PK Flash to consider it it's own move.

You can't decide on your own if that'll happen for Impa or not. Especially since YOU YOURSELF expect Dr.Mario to be unique. :laugh: Continue being a laughingstock for us all would you?

If you seriously can't comprehend that then I think we can all confirm you are in denial. Or just stupid. Either one is believable.
Get back to school and educate yourself before you make seriously stupid claims like these.

How ironic
How's it ironic? Seriously kid am getting sick and tired of your ****. You can't argue for ****s sake, call everything that doesn't fit in your limitted vision stupid, blast off ideas without consideration, and acting like little arrogant ****. Please don't bother quoting my posts with this seriously ****ed up attitude of yours cause I won't bother my time with **** like this ok?

Actually I clarified that I simply didn't understand why you were so stupid as to believe the concept makes sense. But, I forgot you have amesia considering you forget everything I say and just repeat the same ****.
Is it cause you don't even bother to actually see the conent of the arguement just blast it off cause apperantly your brain capicity can't fantom how to critically think? Man you must be on special school or some **** where they don't repeat **** untill you get it just give you plastic cubes to play with or some ****.

The problem is that you're idea makes no sense. That's why you're the ONLY one who understands it. The only person who can understand it is someone who's mind is as crazy as yours. So you have no reason to criticize me for not being as stupid as you.

I do however understand why it DOESN'T work. You don't. And that's sad.
Or someone who's actually decent enough to read the whole **** without personal bias? Something which is clearly impossible to the likes of yours? The lack of actual intelligent people on here isn't a fault of mine. Maybe it's cause you brought your classmates here or some other couple of *******? God knows.

Get a ****ing brain tumor check while you're at it.

Define: "Always"
During the whole damn plot of Skyward Sword ever since Zelda got missing till the ****ing end.

Creative and stupid.
Creativity cannot come from stupidity, it's the exact opposite seing as creativity is the process of creation. Stupid people don't create ****, and if they do, it's not creative by it's purpose, it's stupid.

You clearly are ignoring all evidence that destroys the arguments you mindlessly repeat like a ******** parrot. I have no reason to continue this with you. I know fully sympathize with the plethora of complaints about you and your boner for Impa as well as how horrid and hilarious everyone described your arguments.
If I was so stupid and ignorant and all this ****, actual SMART PEOPLE would've proved me wrong whenever I started this **** in like 2011 or something. I have to repeat cause apperantly your intellectual development ceased somewhere in the womb of your mother or something.

I'm simply done trying to educate you, and if you're twisted mind does mental gymnastics to make you think I'm just ****ing out, that's fine with me. Considering everyone here agrees with me on this and not a single person takes your futile and bias attempts to justify Impa seriously.
You educating me? :laugh: EVERYONE AGREEING WITH YOU!?

Am sorry you are starting to get more and more hilarious now!

You my dear boy, are in no position to educate ANYONE, hear me? ;)

If you want to deny that last part go ahead, it wouldn't surprise me. But, anyone you ask isn't going to side with you. ;)

Ask around.
That's right Diddy, get off the computer and be a family man.
At least I got to reproduce. Can't say for a certainity that 20% of you here are gonna get that oppertunity.

Unless we count **** and sperm banks of course.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Why should Sakurai care about Dillon's Rolling Western more than he cared about Golden Sun and Starfy during Brawl?
Because in Brawl times he cared about recency, now he cares about uniqueness and potential.

Well considering that Smash speculation seems to be slowly decaying into trash, development for Project Bidoof and Limbs seems slow these couple days, I guess I'll go write a book series with Dunsparce. It will be called Morshu Rubeer, and will basically be Harry potter but CD-I.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Yes, I mean the English Dub. John Swasey is a fantastic VA. And speaking of Excalibur, his VA won best voice actor this year for his role as Joel in the Last of Us, way to go Troy Baker!
Yeah, you have to be a good VA to shift from Lord Death's goofy voice and his serious, menacing voice.

I heard about Troy Baker winning the best VA of the year too. It was on the infamous VGX, if I'm not mistaken.
I only know him from Kid Icarus: Uprising and Soul Eater, where he voiced very hammy and incredibly hilarious characters (Pyrrhon and Excalibur, respectively).

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
That's not how it works. In Melee there was no reference to any games after it like Wind Waker or Super Mario Sunshine. Otherwise we'd probably have Toon Link in Melee. Brawl had nothing to do with games like Super Mario Galaxy or Wii Fit. Sakurai usually finalizes the roster and keeps it that way. The only exceptions have been Sonic for being the most requested character ever. The other was Roy who was literally suggested by Intelligent Systems and picked by him for no other reason, but fire.

I also don't believe Sakurai had prior knowledge. Also Impa is not confirmed to be playable.
Obviously he's not going to reference games that are planed to come out a very long time after the release of Smash. However a game that's going to be released around the same time as Smash or a few months later is different. I'm sure we would have gotten Toon Link instead of Young Link in Melee if it weren't for the fact that Wind Waker wasn't going to come out for another year. He was probably ok with Roy since his game was going to come out in just a few months. Besides how do you know Hyrule Warriors will come out after Smash? All we know is that they're both going to come out in 2014 (probably fall or December). Either way I doubt the game will get referenced, not because of when it's coming out, but because it's a crossover game with another company.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Is he going acknowledge it just like Pokemon did back in Smash 64? Maybe, why not wait till the Xenoblade gets more sequels starring Shulk?
Just look at the game X, I'm sure it will have a very bright future without Shulk playable in Smash, it seems like a better way to save space for other older characters, even if he could be unique.
He could definitely be added in Smash 5.
I seriously disagree that it should be skipped, especially since there's so much that can be used, and it's only one game! An amazing world, amazing music, amazing moveset potential, etc. And again, this game's success is something to take into account, as well as Project Rainfall as a whole. That was a big step forward for Nintendo in acquiring a new developer, and I feel as if Monolith deserves some recognition. And again, even if Xenoblade doesn't need extra advertising, every bit of advertising helps it become even more well known, as well as helping the success of the two other titles (The Last Story and Pandora's Tower).

Reznor

work in progress
You mean that franchise that made every kid in America go crazy and had a successful anime with trading cards and the best selling Gameboy game? In other words the most successful Nintendo franchise after Mario & Zelda?
the Pokemon franchise has made a ton more money then the Zelda franchise so wouldn't that make it more successful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom