• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordJackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lordjackal92
While this is a very intriguing and intelligent statement, it is common logic that Master Chief will out prioritize Nathan Drake, and will replace Snake, and he will represent the best next-gen console, The XBox One, which allows you to now watch TV on your TV!

Y'all are saying Mickey's not a video game character, but look at all these video games he's in!

(Sammy Sosa for SSB4)

LordJackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lordjackal92
Good. How is your fian...I mean girlfriend that you have been dating longer than I have been dating mine?

HOW DID YOU KNOW

Welcome to the Smashboards, LordJackal. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Do keep in mind that this thread can get pretty....."different", fairly often.

Different is great. Isn't that what we're talking about right now?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
People mad everywhere cause Impa is a huge possibility now :laugh:
I don't see anyone being mad at the possibility of Impa, but rather discussing things. :confused:

The only thing that makes people mad is when you say that she should replace Sheik, and that's not because of Impa, but because of the exclusion of a popular character.

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman
On Waluigi...

There's no doubt that he is currently one of the most recurring Nintendo characters there is, which may or may not be saying something given how many Mario titles there are in general. However, I believe that, despite his many appearances, his role within the franchise he hails from is so comparatively insignificant that it doesn't make a big enough difference.

I find it interesting to note that Rosalina, while not having as many total appearances, has outprioritized Waluigi's availability to become a playable character in not only Super Smash Bros., but in Mario platformers as well.

Nintendo has clearly been pushing Rosalina as of recent. If they actually gave a damn about Waluigi, I'm sure they would do the same for him. But nope. Still "just a spin-off character". It's saddening, really. At this point, I'm beginning to doubt Waluigi ever appearing as a playable character in Smash Bros. until Nintendo realizes that some people actually want more from him than just spin-off appearances.

?????????????

Smash Master
At this point, I'm beginning to doubt Waluigi ever appearing as a playable character in Smash Bros. until Nintendo realizes that some people actually want more from him than just spin-off appearances.
Is there really a big enough outcry for that? There's just as much heavy criticism against Waluigi's existence.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Vaati has never been playable
:ganondorfmelee: :sheikmelee: :zeldamelee:

He's just related to Four Swords
Last time I checked that was a pretty damn popular Zelda subseries. Besides Vaati has a more important role than Impa even if he isn't playable. And your role in Zelda is way more important than that.

Impa has an actual PLAYABLE appearance. And has been in all recent Zelda games bar WW HD.
When the **** was Impa playable? And what recent Zelda games? You mean Skyward Sword, Skyward Sword, and Skyward Sword? Not to mention the only other one she was in besides Skyward Sword was the one where she was overshadowed by Sheik.

And yes, she could be a semi-clone. And so what? She likely won't be.

Explain right now why she likely won't be. As apposed to everyone else who already is.

Toon Link was a late addition in Brawl.
Proof? Also was Lucas a late addition? I don't think so. Nor was Ganondorf in Brawl.

Sakurai probably didn't wanna alienate fans of their movesets
Because nobody will feel alienated by the piss poor moves you suggested which only appear like 5 seconds in cutscenes.

alas little changed.
Yet you still seem to think things will be different for Impa for no reason.

Lucas is perfectly fine as he is actually.
That does not explain why he became a semi-clone and why Impa wouldn't become one.

But all these things make her a much better choice to consider.
For some reason I think Zoroark would have an Uzi. So he's a much better choice to consider.

Especially since she and Zelda can go Rosalina and Luma-style as a tag-team.
If by can, you mean physically can. Not would likely happen in any way of the definition considering it makes literally no sense at all.

If she has so many options to go by, she's simply more likely to get picked.
I can come up with a million options for Dark Pit to go by. But, until I explain why it makes any sense or bring up any patterns pointing towards it, they aren't valid options.

You still have yet to explain why Impa would use the moves you suggested as apposed to being a clone of Sheik. You have also yet to explain why a tag team between Zelda & Impa makes sense.[/quote]

?????????????

Smash Master
I've got it.

Let's see the full playable cast from both Kirby's Return to Dreamland AND Tropical Freeze get into SSB4.

Waddle Dee vs Cranky Kong

LordJackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lordjackal92
Also want to point out that Impa DID have more appearances than SS and OoT. She was in the Oracles, though if we go with that Impa she'd be a heavyweight...

Also, pretty sure the playable Impa he's talking about is Hyrule Warriors, which uses the SS model.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I honestly think Geno had more support than Waluigi did, if we're using fan demand to justify his inclusion.
If during the Brawl times, then yes, Geno outclassed not just every Mario character, but most other characters in general.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
If he doesn't explain right now why Impa would use the moves he suggested or the logic in a Zelda & Impa tag team, then I'm no longer wasting my time with this. He is clearly hopeless and won't listen to reason.

LordJackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lordjackal92
If he doesn't explain right now why Impa would use the moves he suggested or the logic in a Zelda & Impa tag team, then I'm no longer wasting my time with this. He is clearly hopeless and won't listen to reason.

Or he just has other opinions. I can see why he'd think that, as some people think Sheik has lost relevance and replacing her with Impa is the right thing to do. Personally, I don't think relevance is that important in this case and there's no reason to change the Zelda/Sheik setup.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
I'm more concerned for pac-man and Namco newcomers in general. Every third party that has gotten into smash bros is their mascot (not Lloyd) and Pac-Man is Namco's mascot obviously. I just hope that sakurai sees pac-man as more of a unique character than just someone who eats like Kirby. If pac-man was considered a clone of Kirby, I would call mega man a clone of samus because that makes just as much sense. As for the other Namco newcomers...not many fit in, tekken is confirmed for not getting in and Lloyd is trash and not iconic enough imo.

Maybe pac-man's moveset could include a mechanic in which he is always chomping whenever he moves automatically in a way that you can't actually stop attcacking unless you walk away from the enemy. Sakurai should also try to make a tribute to some of his world games like mega man did with his mega-upper.

I dunno, it's as if almost no one here can see the uniqueness in pac-man that I can...

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Also, pretty sure the playable Impa he's talking about is Hyrule Warriors, which uses the SS model.
Like that's going to be significant.

Or he just has other opinions. I can see why he'd think that, as some people think Sheik has lost relevance and replacing her with Impa is the right thing to do. Personally, I don't think relevance is that important in this case and there's no reason to change the Zelda/Sheik setup.
I can understand someone thinking that at first. But, to completely disregard all contrary logic because of it is another thing. Impa is more relevant than Sheik, but I do not see why that matters.

LordJackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lordjackal92
All you have to do to make Pac-Man unique is look at his several adventure games. Pac-Man World 2, specifically.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Welcome to the Smashboards, LordJackal. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Do keep in mind that this thread can get pretty....."different", fairly often.
I don't think "different" is a good term to use.
I'd say "special" or "mentally challenged."

Y'all pick Robin for a unique newcomer, but what about Anna?
Ana could make a completely uniqe and original character.
image.jpg

As long as she is on an Ice Climbers like team with Kat. :troll:

Since I didn't tell you this on the phone a half hour ago, my only concern with having the Tactician/Avatar is that we already have the Villager and potentially more avatar characters coming, and I don't know how I'd feel if we had an abundance of player-characters. Also that gigantic roster of really interesting Fire Emblem characters that exist and would be fun to use, but that's just my fanboy whining.
I don't see many avatar characters coming on top of the already existing Trainer and Villager.
The only ones I would deem likely is Tactician/Robin and Mii if he counts as one.

Speaking of Mii, if Regii (Reggie in Mii form if you aren't fimiliar with the term) somehow gets confirmed, would that deco from regular Mii, or vice-versa?

LordJackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lordjackal92
Like that's going to be significant.

I can understand someone thinking that at first. But, to completely disregard all contrary logic because of it is another thing. Impa is more relevant than Sheik, but I do not see why that matters.

I don't think it will be either, but it is still a point. And who knows, Hyrule Warriors may actually get huge. It's way too early in development to make many calls on it right now. The point is that so far she's the first playable character we've had outside Link (and Tingle). Of course, I'm sure we'll have more revealed and Impa won't be the only other playable character.

Logic is also really relative in this case; since there is absolutely no way of knowing what Sakurai would really think, all we can do is guess. There's no point getting upset about it.

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman
Is there really a big enough outcry for that? There's just as much heavy criticism against Waluigi's existence.

Key word; some people. I'm mostly speaking for myself, lol. I don't see anything happening soon with the character, sadly. But as long as he continues to exist, I guess I should be pleased enough with that. :B

LordJackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lordjackal92
Key word; some people. I'm mostly speaking for myself, lol. I don't see anything happening soon with the character, sadly. But as long as he continues to exist, I guess I should be pleased enough with that. :B

Getting cut out of Mario Kart was pretty rough. I honesty wasn't expecting that, I considered him a fairly essential part to the party and sports games.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
My biggest issue with Waluigi has always been that he's not a Nintendo first-party creation in the first place...but I don't know how much that really matters to them, since Fire Emblem and Xenoblade as a whole are in the same boat.
Fire Emblem and Xenoblade are 1st party. Also welcome!

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I don't think it will be either, but it is still a point. And who knows, Hyrule Warriors may actually get huge. It's way too early in development to make many calls on it right now. The point is that so far she's the first playable character we've had outside Link (and Tingle). Of course, I'm sure we'll have more revealed and Impa won't be the only other playable character.
What about Kafei in Majora's Mask, Medli and Makar in Wind Waker, and Midna who is controlling Wolf Link in Twlight Princess? :troll:

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman
Getting cut out of Mario Kart was pretty rough. I honesty wasn't expecting that, I considered him a fairly essential part to the party and sports games.

With characters like Daisy still getting in with him absent, AND his track returning, that was the biggest punch in the gut for every Waluigi fan, I'm sure. Haha.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
Nah it's mainly this thread and the Social Smash Bros 4 thread (And somewhat the Miiverse daily pic thread) that get a little high sometimes. For the rest, the site is more or less just fine.....
oh okay.
should i just avoid those thread then?

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Oi, forgot to say it, but Welcome to the Boards, LumaOkami and LordJackal. Hope you enjoy your time here!

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
As far as Mario characters go I'm pretty sure they want to stay in the Super Mario series only. That's the main series, not to mention in the initial trailer the series is referred to as SUPER Mario.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom