• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Hi people!

I just want everyone to know I'll be leaving the site for a little while. While I don't want to go into the finer details of it, basically I'm spiraling out of control in the "real world". I'm physically, mentally, and emotionally unhealthy, so I'm taking a little while to calm down, have some me time, and fix myself up.

It's been a great few months here, but for now, I must bid my farewells. Adieu.
Well, farewell for now then. I hope everything works out for you soon.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Would Waluigi have Wario's icon or the Mushroom Kingdom icon or his own icon?
Considering that Waluigi never even appeared in a Wario game, it would only make sense for him to have the Mushroom.
Although I would rather have him be a Wario rep. We get Waluigi AND a possible Mario rep.

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman
It's always kinda bothered me that Wario was added into Smash Bros. as a WarioWare rep. The dominance of his WarioWare persona in the game is a bit... blegh. Love the WarioWare series though, don't get me wrong, heh. I'd just prefer it if they were to at least add some Wario Land references in his moveset.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
It's always kinda bothered me that Wario was added into Smash Bros. as a WarioWare rep. The dominance of his WarioWare persona in the game is a bit... blegh. Love the WarioWare series though, don't get me wrong, heh. I'd just prefer it if they were to at least add some Wario Land references in his moveset.
I would have just called it the "Wario" series instead of "Warioware".

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Wario's bite is so stupid. B moves are usually iconic moves. Wario doesn't go around biting. Yes, he is fat. He eats alot of cake. We get that, but the bite doesn't even charge his fart if he eats something. Lame.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Wario's bite is so stupid. B moves are usually iconic moves. Wario doesn't go around biting. Yes, he is fat. He eats alot of cake. We get that, but the bite doesn't even charge his fart if he eats something. Lame.
His Standard should really be his signature charge.
It would work better as a Side B, but I wanna hold onto that bike as long as possible.

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman
I would have just called it the "Wario" series instead of "Warioware".

Yeah, totally. That could add room for both the Wario Land and WarioWare series to get some representation under one belt. Like if there were to be a character from both a Wario Land and WarioWare game made playable, they wouldn't need to be listed as different reps. Good thinking. :p

Wasn't his side Smash a reference to Wario Charge/ Should Bash?
Yep. And I believe that was the only move in his moveset that referenced the games. I would love a butt bash move to be added as well. (Yes, Project M has spoiled me)

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Since we are talking about Wario, any nerfs/buffs in order?
All I can think of is the bike exploding after a throw, but no pieces being left behind.
And maybe a faster charging yet somewhat weaker fart. And I don't want to go flying into the blue this time.
Plus get rid of the Chomp. It just isn't necessary.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
All I can think of is the bike exploding after a throw, but no pieces being left behind.
And maybe a faster charging yet somewhat weaker fart. And I don't want to go flying into the blue this time.
I'd replace Neutral with Shoulder Bash, and then Make the Bike a lot less durable. Decrease Waft's Charge time but make it smaller, and then Keep Updraft the same. Tilts are ok I guess. Make Warioman less OP, make him like GigaBowser in Melee.

In general, I wish that transformation-esque Final Smashes were not invincible (Like ROBs, Bowsers[Mostly], and Wario's)

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
The bite can be used for his Forward Smash if his Shoulder Bash becomes a special. Same animation, but instead of chewing Wario simply bites down which sends the opponent flying.

Seraphim.

Smash Ace
NNID
Seraphim35
Wario doesn't really need any nerfs or buffs, he's a very versatile character. His fatal flaw in Brawl was a grab release that lead to easy kills on him, they just need to remove that and he's good.

josh bones

Smash Lord
Backthrow is whirling swing ding.
Warioland counts as a Mario series technically as the 1st stars Mario.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Saturn, you know you're my buddy and all...
But both of them are generic enemies. At least Kamek has got a giant freaking hammer (see Yoshi's New Island).
So I mean, I don't necessarily think either will make it nor do I specifically want either, but I like the idea of Kamek far better than Shy Guy.

PS: Are people actually serious about Shy Guy here?
I thought it was an ongoing joke.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Saturn, you know you're my buddy and all...
But both of them are generic enemies. At least Kamek has got a giant freaking hammer (see Yoshi's New Island).
So I mean, I don't necessarily think either will make it nor do I specifically want either, but I like the idea of Kamek far better than Shy Guy.
I prefer a character that uses Propellers, Spears, Magic, Fire, snifit, Lighting bolts, and other cool things over just another magician.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
So, new topic.

What do you guys think are the most likely Playable Assist Trophy characters?
I'd say Isaac, Little Mac, and Starfy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom