• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Who cares about the prejudice against them? They aren't going to get in anyway.
Really doesn't matter. It's just the hate that's getting on my nerves. Every character has to have some specific and overly picky criteria in order to be tolerated as a simple idea.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Really doesn't matter. It's just the hate that's getting on my nerves. Every character has to have some specific and overly picky criteria in order to be tolerated as a simple idea.
For the record, characters like Goombas are more iconic and well-known than most characters in Smash Bros as of now.
I mean, they deserve it, but would Sakurai consider is the question.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Pretty sure if Toad isnt making it in as a "minion character" then no other one will be getting in, regardless of how much "potential" they have

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Pooper Mooriah iz buck :cool:
Yay! Paper Mario!
Although I feel that you are adding a few unnecessary characters.
Characters like Vaati seem to be there as place holders, or they are there "to be there". Zelda doesn't need 5 reps, but in a way, it already has 5 reps.
That being said, your roster is pretty good. Of course you have a few iffy characters. I would honestly replace Unit with Andy.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I think what it is, is that people are very focused on who they want and are critical of characters who plain and simple have no chance. This isn't directed at anybody specific. I think we all kinda do it though. People just don't any slot wasted on whatever character, and they get butthurt.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Although I feel that you are adding a few unnecessary characters
Characters like Vaati seem to be there as place holders, or they are there "to be there". Zelda doesn't need 5 reps, but in a way, it already has 5 reps.
That being said, your roster is pretty good. Of course you have a few iffy characters. I would honestly replace Unit with Andy.
Vaati is never unnecessary, and Zelda always needs 5 characters if Vaati's the 5th.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
If it counts, how bout Andy from Nintendo Wars.
Yes! I have always liked the "Commanding Officer" idea since 2009. The concept behind this is basically Pokemon Trainer meets Ice Climbers (at least in my imagination) where the Commanding Officer is based on Andy from Advance Wars and he stays in the background like Pokemon Trainer does... he is in the tank as seen in the box art for Advance Wars... we play as a team of generic Infantry units. They use their guns as melee weapons and they use grenades and land mines as part of their normal attacks... as for special moves...

B: Machine Gun
Infantry units rapidly shoots with their machine guns... it is like Ivysaur's Bullet Seed move except it is horizontal... and if there are two units together, then they shoot in opposite directions.

Side B: Bazooka
Infantry units become Mech units for this move. They equip bazookas and shoot powerful missiles at enemies. Players can angle the missile paths upward or downward. If two Infantry units are together, the enemy gets hit with two missiles in succession.

Up B: Transport Copter
A miniature version of the Transport Copter unit appears and the Infantry units grab onto the wheels of the Transport Copter. They retreat to safe ground.

Down B: Tank
The Commanding Officer (Andy) shoots a powerful missile from his tank in the background towards the spot in front of the Infantry units. This missile can KO enemies with one hit if it connects... but it will take about five seconds to recharge the tank after shooting.

Final Smash: Bomber
A dozen Bomber units fly across the stage, dropping bombs all over the stage... then they fly across the stage from the other side and blast the stage again.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Good evening all, hope you're all doing well as I'm certainly not. Only a couple weeks until Christmas and woohoo, I'm caught with a cold and sore throat which causes the most painful sneezes I've ever had. Anyways, the topic iiiiiissss...oh okay, I'll just play Animal Crossing until something interesting comes up. It really is good to see you all though, I'm not saying that just to say that.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Personally, I prefer the air Toon Zelda/Tetra as the 5th slot for the Zelda series to me, she's the more important and popular one. As Tingle has a strong hate-base, Impa isn't that popular, and Vaati isn't as relevant compared to his competiton.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I would make Neutral-B a refill ammo move, that way Andy doesn't abuse his missiles and tanks.

Edit: the 5th Zelda spot should go to Classic Ganon.
Why not make Ganon a final smash and have a 5th character that isn't the same person as another character?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Why not make Ganon a final smash and have a 5th character that isn't the same person as another character?
Because Classic Ganon holds lots of moveset potential as a character with his trident and can be more than just a FS of Ganondorf.
I'd make it a transformation for Ganondorf, but it would feel kinda odd though.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Personally, I prefer the air Toon Zelda/Tetra as the 5th slot for the Zelda series to me, she's the more important and popular one. As Tingle has a strong hate-base, Impa isn't that popular, and Vaati isn't as relevant compared to his competiton.
I dont really understand the point of a ToonZelda/Tetra combination, when really Tetra could just be her own character

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Because Classic Ganon holds lots of moveset potential as a character with his trident and can be more than just a FS of Ganondorf.
I'd make it a transformation for Ganondorf, but it would feel kinda odd though.
Every character has moveset potential. There are far better choices for characters that should definitely take priority over a different version of a character in the same series as ANOTHER set of versions of 1 character.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Good evening all, hope you're all doing well as I'm certainly not. Only a couple weeks until Christmas and woohoo, I'm caught with a cold and sore throat which causes the most painful sneezes I've ever had. Anyways, the topic iiiiiissss...oh okay, I'll just play Animal Crossing until something interesting comes up. It really is good to see you all though, I'm not saying that just to say that.
Oh that sucks, I got rid of my cold a few days ago. Hope you feel better :D

Ganon talk? Eh were still getting ganondorf.

@nickerbocker cause sakurai said so :troll:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Every character has moveset potential. There are far better choices for characters that should definitely take priority over a different version of a character in the same series as ANOTHER set of versions of 1 character.
I'm just saying that Classic Ganon would take the 5th Zelda spot if a Zelda newcomer is ever planned, though I can agree a Zelda newcomer is not that much of a necessity.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Vaati isn't relevant? Don't make me laugh.
"AS", sure he's relevant, but not as much as the 3 other characters.
I dont really understand the point of a ToonZelda/Tetra combination, when really Tetra could just be her own character
I just like the idea of a faster version of Zelda, since I find her a little too slow and heavy, for a magic based character, I would prefer a glass canon style of her, which Toon Zelda could fit nicely as a semi-clone, with the semi being Tetra.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
So, new topic.

What do you guys think are the most likely Playable Assist Trophy characters?
I'd say Isaac, Little Mac, and Starfy...

And Saki.
I consider him the 2nd most possible newcomer right after Little Mac.
Sakurai was interested him back in Brawl. He said (correction, he EMPHASIZED) that Saki fit in very well with the rest of the cast, he found him cool, and he said there were many requests for him.

People are just looking the other way when looking at the facts. :p

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
On all this talk of Zelda newcomers...

New idea. Tetra. JUST Tetra. No Toon Zelda. She'd be a fast striking character that can't take hits easily... Thoughts?

Still would prefer Impa or Vaati...

Espio264

Smash Ace
LOL Wut. Smashboards, you amaze me again. :rolleyes:
Shadow would never say LOL. You've gotta try harder.

And Saki.
I consider him the 2nd most possible newcomer right after Little Mac.
Sakurai was interested him back in Brawl. He said (correction, he EMPHASIZED) that Saki fit in very well with the rest of the cast, he found him cool, and he said there were many requests for him.

People are just looking the other way when looking at the facts. :p
Saki may be the second, (or third) most likely assist trophy to jump to the roster, but not amongst all potential newcomers. Come on now.

I'd say he's more relevant to the Zelda franchise than Tingle or Impa and is about the same as Toon Zelda/Tetra.
Tingle and Vaati have the best chance to stand out among the rest of the roster. But honestly I don't think any Zelda newcomer is more likely or less likely than any other. But I think a 5th character should be welcomed, just not at the cost of Mewtwo or Ridley.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I think people overestimate the chances of a character making the jump to playable. There's no telling what will happen with any of Brawls assist trophies. A majority of them, I believe, are going to reprise their role.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
I think people overestimate the chances of a character making the jump to playable. There's no telling what will happen with any of Brawls assist trophies. A majority of them, I believe, are going to reprise their role.

This is likely what will happen with characters like Issac or Starfy. And then the salt.

Espio264

Smash Ace
I think that the assist trophies that make sense as playable characters are Mac, Isaac, Waluigi, Saki, Lyn, Goroh, Tingle and Starfy.

That being said, I think that only Mac and Isaac could make the jump. Maybe Waluigi or Tingle if Sakurai's feeling saucy. And then of the rest of that few, maybe 2 or 3 reprise as ATs again.

Afterall, the pokeball Pokemon that keep coming back are really only the most iconic, or most annoying ones.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Shadow would never say LOL. You've gotta try harder.

Saki may be the second, (or third) most likely assist trophy to jump to the roster, but not amongst all potential newcomers.
^
So much this. I would place him somewhere 6th out of potential newcomers. Mii, little mac, pacman, palutena, and even waluigi(don't flame me...)have a better chance so far IMO.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
I think that the assist trophies that make sense as playable characters are Mac, Isaac, Waluigi, Saki, Lyn, Goroh, Tingle and Starfy.

That being said, I think that only Mac and Isaac could make the jump. Maybe Waluigi or Tingle if Sakurai's feeling saucy. And then of the rest of that few, maybe 2 or 3 reprise as ATs again.

Afterall, the pokeball Pokemon that keep coming back are really only the most iconic, or most annoying ones.

I think honestly, that Mac is about the only character that I really see of the past ATs having the least chance of staying an AT. He's kind of a no brainer for being a boxer, and his reboot got him attention. And it was actually pretty fun, too!

The Problem is that so many people are going deep down into the barrel for cast selection. No offence, but some of the characters we argue (I'm not meaning anyone in particular, we ALL do this for the most part,) are so freaking sure that X is going to get in. There's the Assist Trophy Factor, the Pokeball Factor, and the Boss Factor. Too many people are forgetting the existence of these. That's why the majority of my thoughts come off as pessimistic when it comes to chances on characters. I don't think Starfy has really gotten a huge boost, he's just going to likely end up as an AT again. That's why I'm really looking forward to the AT reveals- because then we can start making some more realistic predictions regarding characters (Ridley being an early example. We all thought he was a shoo-in, but he could end up as a boss or stage hazard for all we know. It's not dead-certain just because 95% of us want him.)

On Pokeballs, the most iconics and Goldeen will come back at this point. Though on pokemon terms, I think that the majority of us would agree that Mewtwo should be in 4. Heck, Sakurai has even expressed that he wants to place Mewtwo in the game! Now whether that's Pokeball or Playable is the real mystery.

Whew, long tangent over.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Maybe you can summon the bike with Neutral-B, and when you are near the bike, you can ride it.
If not near the bike, then you will do his charge attack.
G-g-genuis!!!

Never thought of putting both of 'em in the side B before, and I'm not being snarky here.
Appeals to both Land and Ware fans.
I want to see Wario Land content in Smash, but I love Wario's bike and fart attacks.

On all this talk of Zelda newcomers...

New idea. Tetra. JUST Tetra. No Toon Zelda. She'd be a fast striking character that can't take hits easily... Thoughts?

Still would prefer Impa or Vaati...
Nah, I think she needs the Toon Zelda transformation.

Heck, Sakurai has even expressed that he wants to place Mewtwo in the game! Now whether that's Pokeball or Playable is the real mystery.
Now where did he say that?
All I heard was that he replied "we're thinking about it" when asked.

----

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom