• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Wii Fit Trainer uses everyday items and wacky objects?

Note: Yoga poses are not in the same category.

D

Deleted member

OMG, two ****ing moves.

What a kitchen sink character.

Peach is more of a kitchen sink character than WFT.

D

Deleted member

No, it doesn't.
WFT cannot be classified in the same category as Villager and G&W, both of which use tools and various objects for a majority of their moves if not all of their moves.

WFT is strictly yoga poses and exercises with the only outside tools being hula hoops she spins to fly and a soccer ball she spikes with her head.
As I edited in my previous post, Peach is more of a kitchen sink character. Let's count what she can use:
-a Toad as a meat shield
-a parasol to gently float down with
-a golf club to hit people with
-a tennis racket to hit with instead of the golf club
-a frying pan to hit with instead of the golf club or tennis racket
-added in Smash 4, a ribbon she spins to hit with
-turnips plucked from the ground
-the very crown that rests on her head to hit people with

Tell me again how WFT counts with only two moves while Peach doesn't?

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Oh sure,now everybody loves the idea of Shy Guy,but when I was a new guy here and posted that my third most wanted newcomer was Shy Guy,you said that it was a stupid idea and has 0% chances.
Well,I know that his chances are low,but it's just an awesome idea.
AWESOME!

...the time here is 3:51 AM, so I will go to bed XD
Bye!

CalumG

Smash Lord
No, it doesn't.
WFT cannot be classified in the same category as Villager and G&W, both of which use tools and various objects for a majority of their moves if not all of their moves.

WFT is strictly yoga poses and exercises with the only outside tools being hula hoops she spins to fly and a soccer ball she spikes with her head.
As I edited in my previous post, Peach is more of a kitchen sink character. Let's count what she can use:
-a Toad as a meat shield
-a parasol to gently float down with
-a golf club to hit people with
-a tennis racket to hit with instead of the golf club
-a frying pan to hit with instead of the golf club or tennis racket
-added in Smash 4, a ribbon she spins to hit with
-turnips plucked from the ground
-the very crown that rests on her head to hit people with

Tell me again how WFT counts with only two moves while Peach doesn't?
Uhhhhhhh...

My initial point was that Mii doesn't (in my opinion) bring anything particularly unique to the table - not that Wii Fit Trainer is a kitchen sink character. Pretend I didn't say Wii Fit Trainer if it bothers you that much. If anything, listing the sports equipment Peach is packing only goes further to prove my initial point about Mii's having few unique qualities. :p

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Oh sure,now everybody loves the idea of Shy Guy,but when I was a new guy here and posted that my third most wanted newcomer was Shy Guy,you said that it was a stupid idea and has 0% chances.
Well,I know that his chances are low,but it's just an awesome idea.
AWESOME!

...the time here is 3:51 AM, so I will go to bed XD
Bye!
you'll support anything that has a spear won't you:smirk:
though that technically isn't bad:laugh:
and there also is the original ones too I guess . . . .

D

Deleted member

And that point would be incorrect, since Miis have more than just sports equipment.

Unfortunately, there's too damn much to list considering all of games Miis have been a part of.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
There's nothing that says enemies/minions can't be playable. I think Shy Guy makes the most sense as a second Yoshi character. Kamek...ugh, so unoriginal.
One of the main antagonists of the Yoshi series vs a generic recurring enemy.

Kamek should go first. Putting Shy Guy before him is like putting Waddle/Bandana Dee before Meta Knight/Dedede.

Are we all forgetting that Shy Guy has been in it since Melee?
wait why was mia from golden sun in but not Issac?
I could've sworn Isaac was in this pic near Mia....
Frankly, I think this pic introduced me to Isaac and Mia back in 2004 or so.

Classic pic. Dampe and Sahasrahla in Smash for the win.
Still doesn't have nearly enough characters to compare to my ultimate SSB roster. :awesome:
I'd love to post it sometime, but it might be too big.

I think I saw that pic once.
I remember there was some site that had pages of funny SSBM pics, and I think a page on fake ones, too.
It also had Mario Kart Double Dash pics, and a site webcomic. (didn't involve Nintendo characters, though)
Can't remember the site name anymore...

-----

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
One of the main antagonists of the Yoshi series vs a generic recurring enemy.
You do realize that Kamek is based off of a generic recurring enemy right? It's just one of many of that generic recurring enemy given a name and a role. Shy Guy has had roles too. And sometimes how much bigger your role is doesn't mean everything and doesn't always make you higher priority. Also, Meta Knight was a good comparison. And I mean that sarcastically.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
You do realize that Kamek is based off of a generic recurring enemy right? It's just one of many of that generic recurring enemy given a name and a role.
I originally was planning to say "A Magikoopa who is the main antagonist of the Yoshi series" I knew I should've said that...

Shy Guy has had roles too. And sometimes how much bigger your role is doesn't mean everything and doesn't always make you higher priority. Also, Meta Knight was a good comparison. And I mean that sarcastically.
Not everything, but mostly everything.
Most, if not all, of the characters in Smash are either the main protagonists, the secondary characters and sidekicks, or the main antagonists.

Exceptions to that could be Pichu, but he was only one of the characters added later to pad up the roster because there was extra time.

If Shy Guy had its own game or spin-off series, or played a bigger role than a common enemy or occasional boss/mini-boss, then its chances would certainly increase.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Deserving maybe, but potential? Mii's don't tend to have a specialty, so I can't think of anything that I would consider 'potential' (or uniqueness rather). They've got sports equipment and boxing gloves, and even a few more zany items (tanks, cows, parachutes etc.) but there's no one consistent thing that defines a Mii. Mii's, if they were in, would most likely be an "everything and the kitchen sink" type character using a whole bunch of everyday items and wacky objects - and that's already been done by Mr. Game and Watch, Villager and Wii Fit Trainer.

But then, potential is in the eye of the beholder I guess. From a novelty perspective Mii's have potential as a playable character, but from a gameplay perspective I can't think of any niche or character archetype a Mii could appeal to that another character couldn't do better. To each their own, I guess.
I actually started doing a Mii moveset a few days ago. My goal was to create a moveset that involves things Miis are associated with that aren't as generic and involve things that wouldn't make sense on other characters. Here's what I got so far:

Neutral-Special: Use Magic
Straight out of Find Mii, your Mii pulls out their sword and raises it high! That sword is just for show though. The real magic happens after about half a second of pressing B. In a manner similar to Mr. Game and Watch’s Side-Special, an outcome is chosen at random from an array of five different effects:

1) Your sword emits a red glow! With the power of red magic, for the next seven seconds you’re equipped with the power of a Fire Flower at the tips of your…well, you don’t have fingers, but just go with it! By pressing B, you emit fire from your hands in the exact same fashion you would if you were holding a Fire Flower. Just like the Fire Flower, you’re able to move around while you’re emitting the flames. But don’t dawdle for too long! Unlike the Fire Flower, the amount of flames you can shoot is held back by your time of seven seconds! When it runs out you’ll have to raise your sword once again to get a new kind of magic!

2) Your sword emits a green glow! With the power of green magic, damage output from all of your moves is increased by fifty percent! While knockback remains the same, the added damage will still make KOs be achieved much faster anyway! Just don’t get too cocky because once you use this your opponent will know that you’re going to be taking advantage of it! Until the fifteen seconds is over, you won’t be able to raise your sword again!

3) Your sword emits an orange glow! With the power of orange magic, your body is invigorated! All of your moves become un-staled! Kind of stinks when you get this when you haven’t staled your moves that much, but to make up for it you can raise your sword again right after being invigorated! Whose body is ready now?

4) Your sword emits a light blue glow! With the power of light blue magic, you become a wielder of icy powers! For the next ten seconds you’re able to shoot Mario fireball-sized balls of ice. These projectiles are slow moving, traveling at about Bowser’s walking speed, and deal 8 percent worth of damage. Once released with a tap of the B button in the air they travel at a strange 45 angle downward. If they hit the ground they will bounce off and start going upward at a 45 degree angle. When used on the ground these projectiles go straight into the 45 degree angle upward. These cool projectiles last for two and a half seconds, but you can only fire them about once every second. At most you can only get ten of these in with each use of light blue magic, so be sure to make the most of them!

5) Your sword emits a purple glow! With the power of purple magic, you gain the ability to poison your foes! Just like the ability Poison Touch in Pokemon, you can attack as normal, but when you hit your opponent with a contact move, they will be poisoned! Poison acts similar to the flower status. Percentage will be dealt gradually at about 2 percent per second for the next five seconds! If you happen to hit your opponent again in the five seconds, then the amount of percentage dealt by the poison per second is stacked! Suddenly those combos become a lot more deadly. Do with a three-hit combo, suddenly your opponent is left with six percent per second for the next five seconds! And with fifteen seconds to get the most out of this magic, it is a potent one indeed!
There are some restrictions to the magic, however. Your first use of magic of a match and after each death will never result in orange magic, so you don’t have to worry about un-staling your not yet-staled moves. And, further similar to Mr. Game and Watches Side –Special, you cannot get the same magic twice in a row.

Side-Special: Disk Launcher
Your Mii suddenly pulls out an entire Wii! What’s it gonna do with that, smack people around with a bricked Wii? After about a fourth of a second, the reason becomes clear. During that fourth of a second of start-up, your Mii presses the eject button. Suddenly, a disk gets spat out! Those disks travel at the speed of Diddy Kong’s full charged peanuts and travel in a similar way as well, but they deal 5 percent worth of damage and that doesn’t decrease the more they travel. And with almost no ending lag, this move is perfect for playing keep away. However, when used in the air it takes longer to put the Wii away, about half a second, so spamming from the air is unadvised against faster characters.

Down-Special: Call a Wandering Hero
Those Wandering Heroes are gonna be put to some use in the ring! When the button is pressed, in the same time it takes for Pit to pull out his shield, your Miis reaches behind them and pulls out, well, another whole Mii but with the head of either a cat or a dog! Your Mii then holds that hero in front of them. What is this, a reflector? Well, kind of. By holding B the Wandering Hero will hold their sword in front of them as if their blocking an attack. If a projectile hits you, then it’ll be sent back! While you can’t move around while the Wandering Hero is blocking things, you can move around when you’re not holding down B similar to how you move when holding a Cracker Launcher. And during this you can press the A button to have the Wandering Hero slice and dice with its sword! The attack is very simple though, being a vertical to horizontal slice, and doesn’t have much range or knockback, having both as much as Pit's three-hit jab. But it comes out fast! The start-up lag isn’t even noticeable, and you can use it three times in a row with no ending lag. But after the third use in a row there is about half a second of ending lag, so be sure to scurry away from your opponent before they can take advantage of it! But beware: that Wandering Hero won’t take damage for you! If you’re hit with a projectile that you failed to block, then you’ll still take the damage! And you’ll be hit out of the move! It’s strange, that Wandering Hero seems to just disappear if you drop it…hmm. If you don’t want to hold the Wandering Hero anymore, you can simply press Down-Special again to put it back behind you. (This takes the same amount of time as the start-up time.)

As you can tell from what I have so far, I personally want Miis to do is use console related objects and moves based on the Street Plaza games. These are the things that I think would make Miis unique. Sports are boring. Maybe one or two moves just because Wii Sports (Resort) is so famous and popular, but having the whole moveset be based around sports would be boring. While it isn't really an "archetype," I suppose, it does show that Miis have things to work with that wouldn't make much sense on other characters. Even having Villager, for example, swing a Wii-Mote and Nunchuk around wouldn't make much sense since Animal Crossing is a series, and not associated with the consoles that they're on. This is where I think Miis could shine, however. Unlike almost every other potential character, Miis are associated with hardware rather than a series of games

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Kamek is better than Shy Guy. Why is this a discussion?

Peach, Villager and Mr.Game & Watch are enough 'kitchen sink characters'. No need for Mii and Waluigi.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I think I saw that pic once.
I remember there was some site that had pages of funny SSBM pics, and I think a page on fake ones, too.
It also had Mario Kart Double Dash pics, and a site webcomic. (didn't involve Nintendo characters, though)
Can't remember the site name anymore...

-----
You're thinking of Detstar. They also had a hilarious picture of John Stewart (Daily Show) fighting Captain Falcon.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Kamek is a terrible choice, yet Shy Guy isn't? Logic on Smashboards makes no sense, doesn't it? :rolleyes:

Wouldn't say that either are particularly terrible choices. Not that we need another Yoshi character like, at all. Both are just minion characters anyway. But I do personally like Shy Guy more, so there's that. He's just one of those characters that aren't plausible in the slightest, but would have alot to work with when it came to fighting.

And, honestly logic is not needed on the weekends from what I've seen before anyhow. :p

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
...My goodness, what did I arrive to?!

Toaster Yoshi, with flaming blue hair. Representing the Hood, Fire Emblem and everything inbetween.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
...My goodness, what did I arrive to?!

Toaster Yoshi, with flaming blue hair. Representing the Hood, Fire Emblem and everything inbetween.

Forgot about him, he's a pretty good character too. :p

Alright well clearly we need something to discuss, but until then, I think I'll snoop around other character threads and see what's going on in those necks of the woods.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Hi people!

I just want everyone to know I'll be leaving the site for a little while. While I don't want to go into the finer details of it, basically I'm spiraling out of control in the "real world". I'm physically, mentally, and emotionally unhealthy, so I'm taking a little while to calm down, have some me time, and fix myself up.

It's been a great few months here, but for now, I must bid my farewells. Adieu.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Hi people!

I just want everyone to know I'll be leaving the site for a little while. While I don't want to go into the finer details of it, basically I'm spiraling out of control in the "real world". I'm physically, mentally, and emotionally unhealthy, so I'm taking a little while to calm down, have some me time, and fix myself up.

I see, well I hope things work out for you soon. Take care TumblrFamous. ^_^

I should actually take a break from this site and others too to be honest, get back to drawing and learning about 3D modelling and all.... :/

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Hi people!

See you Amigo, take care alright?

May we meet each other again someday.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Hi people!

Dang man. I hope you sort out your stuff in RL and hopefully we'll see you back soon. :(

Best of luck out there!

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Tumblr, nooooooooo! But, seriously, I think a DK AT will be shown. Cranky or Stanley, one or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom