• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
We sapped Bowser Jr. to death.
Which Nintendo character do you think would best utilize a spear-based move set?

Have we? I honestly don't remember seeing much talk about Bowser Jr. Most Mario talk was centered on Toad with the occasional Waluigi post. As far as spear based movesets, we pretty much talked about both Bandanna Dee and Krystal more than enough for a little while. No other spear/staff users are particularly interesting or iconic I guess. Maybe Palutena? But that's more of a scepter than a spear.

Can't say that Beast Ganon and his Trident would be playable, given that time spent on him could be used on his human form.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
What if Kirby actually does get four characters? I mean he's always shown with Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon in Smash...

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I'm glad nobody brought up Krystal. I'll talk about Diamonds, gems, rubies, and fighting polygon men, but please...no krystal...

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Shy Guy might be the best Smash Newcomer imaginable. My favorite video game character ever with the best potential.
Funny thing is, he really could be a really fun character to play as. Think about it. Fly Guy's propeller would be his recovery, and the blades of the propeller would do damage. He could turn himself into a Fire Guy and run into enemies, burning them like in Yoshi's Island. Stilts that could stomp on people, and a spear for some A attacks.

Why can't Shy Guy be the 2nd Yoshi character? Why is his kind forever doomed to be minions?

We need a spin off about Shy Guy and Sniper Joe. :p

What if Kirby actually does get four characters? I mean he's always shown with Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon in Smash...

It'd likely be Bandanna Dee, or maybe even Prince Fluff. Can't really see Gooey making a comeback. He's like Donkey Kong Jr., forever doomed to be lost into the abyss of irrelevancy. I kind of don't see it happening before Donkey Kong gets it third at least. I don't know why either.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Funny thing is, he really could be a really fun character to play as. Think about it. Fly Guy's propeller would be his recovery, and the blades of the propeller would do damage. He could turn himself into a Fire Guy and run into enemies, burning them like in Yoshi's Island. Stilts that could stomp on people, and a spear for some A attacks.

Why can't Shy Guy be the 2nd Yoshi character? Why is his kind forever doomed to be minions?

We need a spin off about Shy Guy and Sniper Joe. :p

It'd likely be Bandanna Dee, or maybe even Prince Fluff. Can't really see Gooey making a comeback. He's like Donkey Kong Jr., forever doomed to be lost into the abyss of irrelevancy. I kind of don't see it happening before Donkey Kong gets it third at least. I don't know why either.
*sheds a tear*

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
There's nothing that says enemies/minions can't be playable. I think Shy Guy makes the most sense as a second Yoshi character. Kamek...ugh, so unoriginal.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
How about that amazing star fox charecter Krystal!

I'm not overtly against her inclusion as others are. She could use all of the attacks that Fox had at his disposal when he was borrowing her weapon. That alone would make her stand out as not just a Star Fox character, but a Smash character in general. However I don't want to lose Falco or Wolf just to play as her, Falco is slowly being made different. And Wolf is barely a clone at all, pretty much all of his attacks feel different.

D

Deleted member

Let's make a petition for ゴジラ×クッパジラ being featured in Smash! :troll:

CalumG

Smash Lord
I can picture it now. Fast-forward to December 25th, 2013. You're celebrating Christmas with your children/parents/significant others and you decide to have a peek at the Smashbros website (Christmas is a weekday after all!). The picture of the day is Ridley fighting Samus on Pyrosphere. What's more, Ridley looks just the right size to be playable in Smash, only totalling in at one head taller than Samus herself! He's even got a new design, taking the best of his Super Metroid design and the limb thickness of his Other M incarnation - a version of Ridley completely suited for playable status.

You scroll further down.

No newcomer page. No newcomer warning. No sign of Ridley anywhere but the top photo.

Too bigots lose, and Ridley still isn't playable. Sakurai's laughter can be heard in the distance. I'm calling it now - December 2013 is going to be a troll month for Sakurai. :p

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
:yoshi:needs a friend. who?

it's

(Except for the fact he's honestly not a friend)

I never did care for Kamek. He always kind of annoying to me. I'd still rather have Shy Guy on a personal bias level. Then again, it's not like either are super likely as it is.

Why is this in spoiler tags?

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
yeah the idea of shy guy is cool, I guess.

But WHY EVER over KAMEK? (baby bowser is even more understandable to me!)

please explain.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Are we all forgetting that Shy Guy has been in it since Melee?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
There is a crapload of Shy Guy types.

Combining several of the abilities and items used by different types, a Shy Guy could easily prove to be unique and interesting.

I'd still rather have Kamek, but I wouldn't mind Shy Guy either.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
yeah the idea of shy guy is cool, I guess.

But WHY EVER over KAMEK? (baby bowser is even more understandable to me!)

please explain.

Like I said, for me, I can admit it's just personal bias on my part.

Let's make a petition for ゴジラ×クッパジラ being featured in Smash! :troll:
Did you make that? Looks really good! Namely the emblem in the middle.

CalumG

Smash Lord
So what you're saying is that you want a Fighting Krystal team? (Actually wouldn't be surprised by this)
fighting polygon men

Why not fighting Mii team? With added Miiverse and Streetpass functionality - every Mii you encounter gets added to the list of potential Mii's you can come across in Multi-Man Brawl. Mii's get to be in Smash and Mii haters don't have to suffer through them being playable. Everybody wins! :troll:

D

Deleted member

@Thekewl: I wish I could say I did.
But then I'd be taking credit for something I didn't.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Are we all forgetting that Shy Guy has been in it since Melee?
Professor E. Gadd is another character isn't likely in the slightest. But if he used modified versions of the gadgets we see other characters use, he'd be an interesting character nonetheless.

But where's Wolverine and Meta-Knight on this roster?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Why not fighting Mii team? With added Miiverse and Streetpass functionality - every Mii you encounter gets added to the list of potential Mii's you can come across in Multi-Man Brawl.
Only if they're already playable. So much deservedness and potential should not be wasted.

Morbi

Scavenger
There's nothing that says enemies/minions can't be playable. I think Shy Guy makes the most sense as a second Yoshi character. Kamek...ugh, so unoriginal.
... really? I suppose Sakurai didn't explicitly state such; however, the notion is just ridiculous. It isn't ideal to give every little character like Protoplasm the benefit of the doubt just because they have a chance. We aren't going to get "Joker Thug B" in the game. :awesome:

I am just kidding.

CalumG

Smash Lord
Only if they're already playable. So much deservedness and potential should not be wasted.
Deserving maybe, but potential? Mii's don't tend to have a specialty, so I can't think of anything that I would consider 'potential' (or uniqueness rather). They've got sports equipment and boxing gloves, and even a few more zany items (tanks, cows, parachutes etc.) but there's no one consistent thing that defines a Mii. Mii's, if they were in, would most likely be an "everything and the kitchen sink" type character using a whole bunch of everyday items and wacky objects - and that's already been done by Mr. Game and Watch, Villager and Wii Fit Trainer.

But then, potential is in the eye of the beholder I guess. From a novelty perspective Mii's have potential as a playable character, but from a gameplay perspective I can't think of any niche or character archetype a Mii could appeal to that another character couldn't do better. To each their own, I guess.

Morbi

Scavenger
Deserving maybe, but potential? Mii's don't tend to have a specialty, so I can't think of anything that I would consider 'potential' (or uniqueness rather). They've got sports equipment and boxing gloves, and even a few more zany items (tanks, cows, parachutes etc.) but there's no one consistent thing that defines a Mii. Mii's, if they were in, would most likely be an "everything and the kitchen sink" type character using a whole bunch of everyday items and wacky objects - and that's already been done by Mr. Game and Watch, Villager and Wii Fit Trainer.

But then, potential is in the eye of the beholder I guess. From a novelty perspective Mii's have potential as a playable character, but from a gameplay perspective I can't think of any niche or character archetype a Mii could appeal to that another character couldn't do better. To each their own, I guess.
I don't necessarily think that Miis have anything consistent, but the potential is there just because of the "everything and the kitchen sink" play-style. I do not know what people perceive as "potential"; however, many people want characters like Paper Mario just because he has a plethora of things he can do.

I agree with you though (they aren't really too unique).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom