• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Apparently the guys from the smash weekly videos...forgot what their channel was called. It was the ones with the stupid guys who thought Knuckles was a 100% bet for playable. Anyway, they actually came up with an interesting assist trophy idea. Gary appears and tosses Pokeballs everywhere. After that he basically tells you to **** off and leaves. :laugh:

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
I´m drunk and I will say this Travis f...ing Touchdown should be playable in Smash Bros, is so awesome and his games even if unrated by the mainstream media are of my favorites from the last generation (even better because all of his games originated in the Wii and then the first one was ported to PS3).

.n_n.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I´m drunk and I will say this Travis f...ing Touchdown should be playable in Smash Bros, is so awesome and his games even if unrated by the mainstream media are of my favorites from the last generation (even better because all of his games originated in the Wii and then the first one was ported to PS3).

.n_n.
DYK? Drinking is bad for you.
:troll:

CalumG

Smash Lord
Can't wait until Impa is confirmed as a trophy/assist trophy. As if Sheik and the confirmation of no characters being intentionally cut didn't already deconfirm her.
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

I'm not defending Impa here (actually who am I kidding - I am) but Impa being a playable and Sheik staying in Smash are not mutually-exclusive scenarios, contrary to what Diddy Kong has spread to most of Smashboards. There's nothing whatsoever that would indicate Impa being a Sheik clone, nor of Impa outright replacing Sheik. Why would Sheik's inclusion harm Impa's? Impa could still easily be in as a last-minute semi-clone (a favourite technique of Sakurai's) or, even better, be a unique character of her own alongside Sheik.

Of course I recognize Impa's chances are pretty slim, but this widespread belief that Sheik and Impa can't co-exist is ********. The whole thing has about as much credibility as the people who claim Ike and Marth are too similar because they're both blue-haired swordsmen - the similarities between Impa and Sheik are superficial at best.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
There's nothing whatsoever that would indicate Impa being a Sheik clone
Except both being physically similar beyond belief, both being Sheikah, both doing the same things in OOT, Sheik's abilities being learned from Impa, and every other element that has ever made any smash character into a clone of another with the exception of being the same person.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I really don't see what the big deal is with Fire Emblem debates. I mean other than the fact that people here are pissed scared to have an interesting debate.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Except both being physically similar beyond belief, both being Sheikah, both doing the same things in OOT, Sheik's abilities being learned from Impa, and every other element that has ever made any smash character into a clone of another with the exception of being the same person.

CalumG

Smash Lord
Except both being physically similar beyond belief
There's more than one Impa. Impa and Sheik's physical similarity basically extends to "they're both fast skinny women".

both being Sheikah
Ike and Marth are both blue-haired swordsmen.

Sheik's abilities being learned from Impa
Again, there's more than one Impa; and Skyward Sword's one exhibits different body language and different magical capabilities.

There are dozens of reasons why Impa probably won't be in, but Sheik's inclusion isn't one of them. Diddy Kong has tricked Smashboards into believing the two exist in their own separate bubbles with no room for interaction, when there's nothing to show that being the case.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I remember wen I used to support Impa, then that day when Toon Link came, I turned my back on them to defend Vaati at all cost. He is my most wanted logical newcomer after all.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
congratulations, Pichu is a returning veteran and is going to be made the best character in the game (sorry metaknight)

and to think there was only a 1/2500 chance of that happening

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
There's more than one Impa. Impa and Sheik's physical similarity basically extends to "they're both fast skinny women".
fast skinny ninja women.

Ike and Marth are both blue-haired swordsmen.
And yet they have completely different swords and physical traits, unlike Sheik and Impa. That's like saying somebody with a revolver could be a clone of someone with an AK47.

Again, there's more than one Impa; and Skyward Sword's one exhibits different body language and different magical capabilities.
Like Sakurai would pick the fat or old impa. Also your defense that she has different magic abilities means nothing. Ganondorf, Toon Link, and Lucas all had different abilities, but they were so painfully similar to the C. Falcon, Link, and Ness that they became clones. Just like Impa would be a clone of Sheik because she is so painfully similar. I don't think you understand how the cloning process works.

There are dozens of reasons why Impa probably won't be in, but Sheik's inclusion isn't one of them.
It's actually the most important reason with the exception of her having no major role.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom