• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
I don't we'll ever lose a Nintendo (veteran) character who solely represents their series or IP. (Like Ice Climbers, R.O.B., and Mr. Game and Watch)
I think they are probably shoo-ins if you ask me.
I wouldn't call them shoeins (except mr. game and watch,) R.O.B seems to have some weird and random hate base that i'll never understand, and the ice climbers might be limited thanks the to the 3ds limitations, though that's probably fixed now seeing how we got some assist trophies and bosses,
they technically aren't shoeins, but they are so likely that no one thinks they will be gone, (except R.O.B for some reason, seriously though why is R.O.B likely to cut again?, I hear that often but see no evidence, is it just because of some whiny players?)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I wouldn't call them shoeins (except mr. game and watch,) R.O.B seems to have some weird and random hate base that i'll never understand, and the ice climbers might be limited thanks the to the 3ds limitations, though that's probably fixed now seeing how we got some assist trophies and bosses,
they technically aren't shoeins, but they are so likely that no one thinks they will be gone, (except R.O.B for some reason, seriously though why is R.O.B likely to cut again?, I hear that often but see no evidence, is it just because of some whiny players?)
Some people are still sore over R.O.B. stealing that last slot from Ridley or Krystal or *insert favorite deconfirmed character here*

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
And by a large part of the internet, you mean the flustered Krystal perverts fans.
a bit mate, I was also talking about a bit from youtube, some parts gamfaq, some other odd and ends from the internet, along with fan bases in real life too.
and I was also talking about toon link and pokemon trainer too . . . .

Morbi

Scavenger
Mewtwo's not a newcomer though...
Technically at least.
Technically he is a newcomer, I would say that he literally isn't based on the context commonly used by the forum. However, I use the term at my own discretion as it makes more sense to me. It gets rid of the discrepancy of redundancy in most cases, and confusion in the rest.

One of the major reasons I find it rational to allude to Mewtwo as a newcomer is based on the notion that many Smash fans have not experienced him yet. That alone wouldn't be a logical assertion. So that is why I am also assuming that his move-set will be radically changed as it received critical disdain. We are not even sure if the Mewtwo we are getting is going to be the Mewtwo from Melee (it could be Femtwo). Even if it is the same, the introduction of Mega-Evolutions could change the entire premise behind him.

So I like to use the term "newcomer" in this context. You can call him a returning veteran (which is something that every veteran is) or you can make up a ridiculous name that no one else uses. That is fine by me.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
And remember when we all thought Zoroark was going to be the next Pokemon newcomer. :(
Even back then, Mewtwo was still seriously ahead in popularity. Zoroark was more just seen as a possibility if anything.

He's a lot more likely than Sabrina is however... How was this even a discussion?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Why take a human character from Pokémon with semi-psychic abilities if Mewtwo also excists?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You know, besides Project M, I also really like seeing things from Brawl Minus actually. The Melee SD Remix also had be interessted for a long time.

This is from Brawl Minus, and I think it's beautiful.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
didn't we already got something special, we got skull kid and Nintendo dog, what are they now, nothing:troll:
but in all seriousness, I'm still expecting some sort of veteran reveal, and I'm still expecting it to be Jigglypuff
Yeah,that was pretty cool,AT Fridays! XD
Well,a veteran reveal is obvious,but with special I mean something like a newcomer or a multiple veteran reveal.

Morbi

Scavenger
Yeah,that was pretty cool,AT Fridays! XD
Well,a veteran reveal is obvious,but with special I mean something like a newcomer or a multiple veteran reveal.
I don't know, Nintendo could use a holiday "push" to incite a few extra sales of the Wii U. It wouldn't hurt... actually it would only help. You never know with Sakurai though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom