• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
How bout the possibility of Alph as the second Pikmin rep?

If, and I do mean if, the extremely rare occurrence of another Pikmin character arises, it's not going to be Alph - his similarities to Olimar are staggering. The only reasonable alternatives would be Louie (the most-likely candidate), the President, Charlie, or Brittany.

However, the potentiality for the Rock and Flying Pikmin (assuming these are the reasons you are suggesting another Pikmin character) could either be unrealized altogether, become relegated into a stage hazard or usable item role, or simply find success as one of Olimar's new maneuvers (depending on whether or not the 3DS limitations will affect Olimar's move-set). If so, there would be no reason as to include another character from this series, especially when there are far-more deserving characters for the selection process.

In fact, unless the Super Smash Brothers 4 roster size is going to reach the 47-50 range, don't expect this to be a likely scenario.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Yeah there's a possibility Alph may be able to exclusively use Rock and Pink Pikmin, or the other scenario is to have Olimar use it. It kinda makes me curious if Alph is being planned, or were simply waiting for the team to add the two new types to Olimar.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
If Olimar gets limited to 3 Pikmins then of course they'd compensate for him losing his Pikmins, believing otherwise is pretty silly when taking into consideration how Olimar's recovery works.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
The only character that sucks in Project M is Giga Bowser and that's because he's too big. :awesome:. Literally all the other characters are great even Samus and Ganondorf.
For some reason I think Pikachu and Charizard are not that good :/
In tournament and that things,the guy using one of them always lose XD
And I LOVE Kirby and Ness,they are just awesome in Project M.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
For some reason I think Pikachu and Charizard are not that good :/
And I LOVE Kirby and Ness,they are just awesome in Project M.
Well Pikachu is one of my mains, I find him pretty great, as I know how to use him well, his aerials are pretty useful in most situations. Charizard I'm starting to use as it's the first time, I actually feel like using him as he doesn't have the restraints of what made him bad in Brawl. Then again I'm more of a F4A or 2v2 when it comes to competitive Smash.

Seraphim.

Smash Ace
NNID
Seraphim35
Any footage suggesting he doesn't suck or that 4 is the same number as 3?
Haven't seen or played an Olimar yet but I haven't seen any negative feedback from him having 4 Pikmin max, since unlike in Brawl he can't be edgeguarded 4 should be just enough to allow you to recover not to mention his pikmin grow stronger over time now so you really wouldn't want to mindlessly throw them away.

Having stronger attacks at the expense of only 2 pikmin? not a bad trade-off if you ask me.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
all this positive talk about project M. makes me feel sad that I lost my Wii and brawl disc a few months ago:( . . . . .
:C
Well Pikachu is one of my mains, I find him pretty great, as I know how to use him well, his aerials are pretty useful in most situations. Charizard I'm starting to use as it's the first time, I actually feel like using him as he doesn't have the restraints of what made him bad in Brawl. Then again I'm more of a F4A or 2v2 when it comes to competitive Smash.
Pikachu is one of my mains too XDD
but I feel that he needs something more...
like more power for his down aerial and more hitstun for thunder jolt.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
It's really not hard to find yourself, I'm sure you could even do with just going to the Olimar board in the Project M forums. And heck, if you want to make the extra effort and experience it yourself, you could always just install Project M.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
It's really not hard to find yourself, I'm sure you could even do with just going to the Olimar board in the Project M forums. And heck, if you want to make the extra effort and experience it yourself, you could always just install Project M.
If it wasn't hard I would have done it myself already

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
If it wasn't hard I would have done it myself already
Are you having trouble installing it? If so, I could probably help. Project M did a great job balancing the roster, that making a tier list isn't that simple as the OP got nerfed in the right places and the under-powered were buffed in the places that would make 'em more effective. Since the awesome people who work on it are competitive smashers themselves, it isn't that hard to know what needs to be fixed or tweaked. It really is the most balanced smash mod for Smash out there IMO.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I don't we'll ever lose a Nintendo (veteran) character who solely represents their series or IP. (Like Ice Climbers, R.O.B., and Mr. Game and Watch)
I think they are probably shoo-ins if you ask me.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
If Olimar only has three Pikmin now, then I hope the Pikmin are stronger to compensate for the loss of the 4th, 5th, and 6th Pikmin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom