• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
There ya go. More trouble than it was worth, lol.

Not a bad list at all, though IMO Lloyd over Snake (at all, in fact) is kinda iffy. I do think it'd be smarter than most other 3rd party reps.

TKactual

Smash Journeyman
There ya go. More trouble than it was worth, lol.

Not a bad list at all, though IMO Lloyd over Snake (at all, in fact) is kinda iffy. I do think it'd be smarter than most other 3rd party reps.
Really? It finally worked? Yes! And also on the Snake thing. I just don't hold much confidence in Snake coming back and I feel like Lloyd would be more interesting then any other Namco rep like Pacman. Well I am going to bed now and will answer any more feedback tomorrow.

FourStar

Smash Ace
i agree with Ismar
the creator metal gear solid, Hideo Kojima, wanted Snake in melee but it was already too late. so they put snake in brawl and there is no way they would just be like oh we don't want snake anymore. i mean it's like a big **** you to the guy who let you use him in the game

TKactual

Smash Journeyman
Well I was just trying to keep the roster below 50, which it is at 48, so lets just say that Snake is 49 but doesn't have his picture on the roster right now. I mean I think at this point he has a 50/50 chance so sure consider him on my prediction roster for now. Anything else?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Hahaha how about an upload!? Didn't actually try this yet. This is my last resort and then I'm listing them.

I'm 100% OK with that roster because it has my top 5. (K. Rool, Takamaru, Little Mac, Ridley and Isaac). I'll miss Snake, but I will honestly forget him after being drowned in all that unbelievable awesomeness.

FourStar

Smash Ace
the only cuts they make that i wouldn't care about are wario (highly unlikely), PT, ROB, and game and watch. i seriously don't give two ****s about any of those characters and i never use them

D

Deleted member

In Brawl, we had a set of low-priority characters that could be excluded if time would not allow everyone.
I'd imagine the same would be for this game.

For Brawl it was
-Jigglypuff
-Mewtwo
-Roy
-Dr. Mario
-Toon Link
-Wolf
-Toon Zelda/"Toon Sheik"

(Dixie excluded due to being a different situation entirely, and "pra_mai" excluded for the sake of having no idea what it is)

Of these characters, I can see most of them being low-priority again, if planned at all, save for Mewtwo as the sole exception.
Jigglypuff, Roy, Toon Link, and Wolf are iffy to me to where I have no concise belief about them.
I fully expect Dr. Mario and Toon Zelda to be low-priority again if not just scrapped entirely.

FourStar

Smash Ace
In Brawl, we had a set of low-priority characters that could be excluded if time would not allow everyone.

For Brawl it was
-Jigglypuff
-Mewtwo
-Roy
-Dr. Mario
-Toon Link
-Wolf
-Toon Zelda/"Toon Sheik"

(Dixie excluded due to being a different situation entirely, and "pra_mai" excluded for the sake of having no idea what it is)

Of these characters, I can see most of them being low-priority again, if planned at all, save for Mewtwo as the sole exception.
Jigglypuff, Roy, Toon Link, and Wolf are iffy to me to where I have no concise belief about them.
I fully expect Dr. Mario and Toon Zelda to be low-priority again if not just scrapped entirely.
i'm kinda confused on what you mean by dr. mario and toon zelda being in brawl cuz they weren't

D

Deleted member

Yes....they have data within the game as cut characters.

This is pretty much common knowledge by now.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I like TKactual's roster. Was never too fond of Snake, so I can live with him being cut. I'm doubtful of Lloyd's chances, though Ismar already mentioned that.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So the new Miiverse picture shows Spirit Tracks Libk who appears to be the focal point of the picture itself since Mario and Megaman appear to be hiding behind the trains body. Do you think this alludes to possibly Toon Link being cut or just a picture to show ST Link? Thoughts?

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace

For Brawl it was
-Jigglypuff
-Mewtwo
-Roy
-Dr. Mario
-Toon Link
-Wolf
-Toon Zelda/"Toon Sheik"

I kinda feel like Roy is right with Mewtwo in the higher priority section due to his crazy huge popularity in Japan, and being known from Melee, he's probably the most known Fire emblem character next to Marth. I'm also kinda under the assumption that Jiggz will stay in Sm4sh due to her appearance in the newest pokemon game with a new typing. The rest of the list I'd say is pretty accurate to what won't be apppearing in Sm4sh. I'm just going to say Ike will probably not be coming back and will just get shafted for Chrom.

So in my opinon characters not appearing would be
-Dr. Mario
-Toon Link
-Toon Zelda
-Lucas
-Ike
-Wolf or Falco (it could go either way really)
-Young Link
-Lucario

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So the new Miiverse picture shows Spirit Tracks Libk who appears to be the focal point of the picture itself since Mario and Megaman appear to be hiding behind the trains body. Do you think this alludes to possibly Toon Link being cut or just a picture to show ST Link? Thoughts?
Hard to say.

I do think however, that the Spirit Train stage is among the more popular of the stages revealed.

I'll wait and see.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I love the Spirit Train level! It was one of the stages I predicted would appear. I'm not one to call a conspiracy but I felt it was strange for ST Link to be the focal point of the screenshot. I feel that if the screenshot was to showcase the stage, it would of been a burds eye view shot of the stage.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I love the Spirit Train level! It was one of the stages I predicted would appear. I'm not one to call a conspiracy but I felt it was strange for ST Link to be the focal point of the screenshot. I feel that if the screenshot was to showcase the stage, it would of been a burds eye view shot of the stage.
It was for comedic effect, like several of the other screenshots. I think you're overanalyzing. They already showed the Spirit Tracks stage off plenty in the actual reveal video.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I honestly don't see Ike getting cut. I don't think we've seen a new character come in and inherit a moveset as of yet in the series, and it wouldn't make sense to completely replace a character model with the same moveset. It seems to me like a waste of time. Especially because Ike is a popular choice.

I guess i'm indifferent on Lucas and Toon Link. I like playing as Toon Link, but if he has to go to allow more popular newcomers to get in, so be it.

Jigglypuff I don't think will be gone, but I wouldn't be totally against it.

I like Lucario and don't want him removed. Same as Wolf and Falco as far as I'm concerned.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Actually, first, here's a food for thought: He says altogether in the Smash series. Does this mean a possible return of Pichu, Doc, Roy, or Mewtwo? I wouldn't look into it far too much though. Maybe I read the wording wrong...

I'm going to honestly throw out right now that for Doc, I'd rather Paper Mario, and for Pichu, I'd rather Plusle and Minun.

Okay, first:
I updated my prediction Roster. I went up to 44 total movesets. So I added in 4.
No more. This is it. This is the max for the new game.
Dragon, and anyone else who is delusional, give me ONE good reason to replace Ike with THREE FIRE EMBLEM REPS ON THE ROSTER! There is none. Just try your "He plays like Marth!" whine that doesn't work.

...No, breasts don't work either.

For Brawl it was
-Jigglypuff
-Mewtwo
-Roy
-Dr. Mario
-Toon Link
-Wolf
-Toon Zelda/"Toon Sheik"

I'm actually going to comment on this considering I know someone who's had the lease over

The only reason you can even call Wolf, Toon Link, and Jigglypuff "Lower priority characters" is because they didn't have as much in the SSE. No, really. As it stands, sans Jigglypuff where they basically gave her her moveset from Melee back and tweaked some moves. From everything we know now that the lease (Or whatever it was in ability) about the entire Roster was planned at the same time with Mewtwo, Diddy Kong with Dixie, and Roy. If I remember correctly, Roy got axed earlier on in (Contrary to having a victory theme) and part of Mewtwo's problem was not enough time to rework the moveset (Not only SSE but other features) but having glitches with some of the Brawl stages.

Not even sure when it comes to Toon Zelda/Toon Sheik or Doc so we'll have to wait for someone else to comment who's made the game. I don't see them coming back, but hey, it's possible.

I'm not really convinced they were as low priority as we think they are because Sonic, who we KNOW got in the game later, comes in and goes in a cutscene going "LOLOLOL FOR THE WIN"

And to this date, nobody still knows what Pra_Mai is. Even people who worked on the game.

D

Deleted member

I'm actually going to comment on this considering I know someone who's had the lease over

The only reason you can even call Wolf, Toon Link, and Jigglypuff "Lower priority characters" is because they didn't have as much in the SSE. No, really. As it stands, sans Jigglypuff where they basically gave her her moveset from Melee back and tweaked some moves. From everything we know now that the lease (Or whatever it was in ability) about the entire Roster was planned at the same time with Mewtwo, Diddy Kong with Dixie, and Roy. If I remember correctly, Roy got axed earlier on in (Contrary to having a victory theme) and part of Mewtwo's problem was not enough time to rework the moveset (Not only SSE but other features) but having glitches with some of the Brawl stages.
I'm going to need a direct source. Anyone can claim they "know someone".
Aside from that, I can call them low priority characters because that's what they are. They are last in the data prior to guests, even the veterans Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Roy, and Dr. Mario, who would all otherwise be beside their fellow veterans, not after R.O.B.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
I'm going to need a direct source. Anyone can claim they "know someone".
Aside from that, I can call them low priority characters because that's what they are. They are last in the data prior to guests, even the veterans Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Roy, and Dr. Mario, who would all otherwise be beside their fellow veterans, not after R.O.B.
I actually know people all around the industry; it's not THAT hard to find someone with the lease over, but if you want, try getting an interview with them. Funfact for you all: The lease for Superman 64 is not what they want. (That's somewhere in a ProtonJon interview) I'll try to see what I can do though: I'm a busy man as is. D= - I'll see what I can still do.

edit: Though for more reasoning that it is over and you can at least fully trust that part
"Yeah, there's been a lot of instances like that. For example, there are places where we planned to have a character but then implementing that character just didn't work out. Or we wanted to implement some character but there was too much overlap with other characters from the same title, and it didn't work out. Or there's places when I wanted to implement some character, but the image for how it works in the game just never comes to fruition."

From a recent interview with Kotaku. That amount of info wouldn't be even allowed from him when it pertains to Brawl if the lease wasn't over. Zing.

I'm talking about the ones that made it in - How do you know asides from Subspace Emissary? And even then, they had a cutscene there. I want good reasoning here. Especially since Subspace Emissary was 3/5th of the game. I have more as I've had more to say on this topic as well. While SF didn't get two stages, I feel as if Toon Link was intended for a while from the getgo just with Pirate Ship on it's own being one of the stages with more music.

D

Deleted member

I'm talking about the ones that made it in - How do you know asides from Subspace Emissary? And even then, they had a cutscene there. I want good reasoning here. Especially since Subspace Emissary was 3/5th of the game. I have more as I've had more to say on this topic as well. While SF didn't get two stages, I feel as if Toon Link was intended for a while from the getgo just with Pirate Ship on it's own being one of the stages with more music.

They are last in the data prior to guests, even the veterans Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Roy, and Dr. Mario, who would all otherwise be beside their fellow veterans, not after R.O.B.
Never brought up SSE.
Within the data, all of the low-priority characters come after R.O.B. (or more specifically, after a missing character that's after R.O.B.)
Jigglypuff is the first of these characters, who appears here within data instead of in-between Ness and Bowser.
Following her is Mewtwo and Roy, as noted by their unused victory fanfare data. They appear here instead of in-between Marth and G&W (for Mewtwo) and in-between Falco and Ganondorf (for Roy).
Dr. Mario does not have unused victory fanfare data, but there is a missing file in-between Roy's fanfare data and Toon Link's, which could only be filled by another Melee veteran. The only other Melee veteran that was cut and was planned for Brawl is Dr. Mario.. He would also be in-between Falco and Ganondorf if he wasn't low-priority, ahead of Roy (Melee clone data goes in the order of Falco, Young Link, Dr. Mario, Roy, Pichu, Ganondorf).

Wolf is missing fanfare data as well, though he is constantly shown after Toon Link in character order, meaning Wolf is one of the 4 missing characters in-between Toon Link and Snake in terms of fanfare. (Toon Zelda and "Toon Sheik" would be another two, leaving a missing one up to debate like the one right after R.O.B.)

Z01-Mario
Z02-Donkey Kong
Z03-Link
Z04-Samus
Z05-Yoshi
Z06-Kirby
Z07-Fox
Z08-Pikachu
Z09-Luigi (UNUSED)
Z10-Captain Falcon
Z11-Ness
Z12-Bowser (UNUSED)
Z13-Peach (UNUSED)
Z14-Zelda (UNUSED)
Z15-Sheik (UNUSED)
Z16-Ice Climbers
Z17-Marth
Z18-Mr. Game & Watch
Z19-Falco (UNUSED)
Z20-Ganondorf (UNUSED)
Z21-Wario
Z22-Meta Knight
Z23-Pit
Z24-Zero Suit Samus (UNUSED)
Z25-Olimar
Z26-Lucas (UNUSED)
Z27-Diddy Kong (UNUSED)
Z28-Pokemon Trainer (UNUSED)
Z29-MISSING (Going by Brawl data, this would be Charizard)
Z30-MISSING (Going by Brawl data, this would be Squirtle)
Z31-MISSING (Going by Brawl data, this would be Ivysaur)
Z32-King Dedede (UNUSED)
Z33-Lucario (UNUSED)
Z34-Ike (UNUSED)
Z35-R.O.B.
Z36-MISSING (Unknown)
Z37-Jigglypuff (UNUSED)
Z38-Mewtwo (UNUSED)
Z39-Roy (UNUSED)
Z40-MISSING (Because of placement, this would be Dr. Mario)
Z41-Toon Link (UNUSED)
Z42-MISSING (Because of placement, this would be Wolf)
Z43-MISSING (Unknown; possibly Toon Zelda)
Z44-MISSING (Unknown; possibly "Toon Sheik")
Z45-MISSING (Unknown; possibly "pra_mai")
Z46-Snake
Z47-Sonic
Z48-MISSING (Unknown; possibly placeholder data for any 3rd Party after Sonic or used for Giga Bowser)
Z49-MISSING (Unknown; possibly placeholder data for any 3rd Party after the above or used for Wario-Man)
Z50-Z58 are fanfares unrelated to characters.

Hawk Flindaeton

Smash Cadet
If you want my opinion, (and i'm saying this because I like this set) I think the following should join SSB4:
  • Cloud Strife with Final Smash as Omnislash -or- Theatrythm
  • Lloyd Irving with Final Smash as ??? (I don't know him...)
  • Blaziken with Final Smash as Flare Blitz
  • Roy with Final Smash as Flare Blade in the middle of the stage
  • Isaac with Final Smash as Judgement
  • Link with Final Smash as Skyward Slash
  • Young Link with Final Smash as Twilight Wolf (Let's twist this!)
  • Toon Link with Final Smash as Cyclos, Zephos, and/or Valoo
  • And a "make your own character" from a selction of stuff from everyone with Final Smash as another character
How's That?:toonlink:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Never brought up SSE.
Within the data, all of the low-priority characters come after R.O.B. (or more specifically, after a missing character that's after R.O.B.)
Jigglypuff is the first of these characters, who appears here within data instead of in-between Ness and Bowser.
Following her is Mewtwo and Roy, as noted by their unused victory fanfare data. They appear here instead of in-between Marth and G&W (for Mewtwo) and in-between Falco and Ganondorf (for Roy).
Dr. Mario does not have unused victory fanfare data, but there is a missing file in-between Roy's fanfare data and Toon Link's, which could only be filled by another Melee veteran. The only other Melee veteran that was cut and was planned for Brawl is Dr. Mario.. He would also be in-between Falco and Ganondorf if he wasn't low-priority, ahead of Roy (Melee clone data goes in the order of Falco, Young Link, Dr. Mario, Roy, Pichu, Ganondorf).

Wolf is missing fanfare data as well, though he is constantly shown after Toon Link in character order, meaning Wolf is one of the 4 missing characters in-between Toon Link and Snake in terms of fanfare. (Toon Zelda and "Toon Sheik" would be another two, leaving a missing one up to debate like the one right after R.O.B.)

Z01-Mario
Z02-Donkey Kong
Z03-Link
Z04-Samus
Z05-Yoshi
Z06-Kirby
Z07-Fox
Z08-Pikachu
Z09-Luigi (UNUSED)
Z10-Captain Falcon
Z11-Ness
Z12-Bowser (UNUSED)
Z13-Peach (UNUSED)
Z14-Zelda (UNUSED)
Z15-Sheik (UNUSED)
Z16-Ice Climbers
Z17-Marth
Z18-Mr. Game & Watch
Z19-Falco (UNUSED)
Z20-Ganondorf (UNUSED)
Z21-Wario
Z22-Meta Knight
Z23-Pit
Z25-Olimar
Z26-Lucas (UNUSED)
Z27-Diddy Kong (UNUSED)
Z32-King Dedede (UNUSED)
Z33-Lucario (UNUSED)
Z34-Ike (UNUSED)
Z35-R.O.B.
Z36-MISSING (Unknown)
Z37-Jigglypuff (UNUSED)
Z38-Mewtwo (UNUSED)
Z39-Roy (UNUSED)
Z41-Toon Link (UNUSED)
Z46-Snake
Z47-Sonic
Z48-MISSING (Unknown; possibly placeholder data for any 3rd Party after Sonic or used for Giga Bowser)
Z49-MISSING (Unknown; possibly placeholder data for any 3rd Party after the above or used for Wario-Man)

Impressive observation.

Toon Link is pretty much ruled out (in my book. We could argue about Kongs, G&W, Blue Falcons, and Tom Nooks, but I'm getting a super strong vibe that he's not returning). I wonder what this means for Jigglypuff and Wolf.. Wolf was like a really last minute addition (using very limited time) like clones in Melee, except Falco and Ganon remained, while Young Link got an "updated" treatment. (Was still pretty much a clone though).

We'll probably have clones in SSB 4 as well. Wouldn't be surprised if we get for example Airan (last minute clone of Saki) and Felix (last minute clone of Isaac), and possibly one completely random last minute addition. (Bowser Jr. or Paper Mario)

I can honestly say that I hadn't brought the "last minute additions" to my formula and roster prediction. Except for Bowser Jr. who I'm pretty sure that if he becomes playable character will take over HALF of Melee/Brawl Bowser's moveset.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I wonder if we will be able to see the Smash 4 back-up data, because Nintendo is pretty serious about protecting hardware with the Wii U.
We might even see mud_mol on the disc if possible. :troll:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Never brought up SSE.

Z01-Mario
Z02-Donkey Kong
Z03-Link
Z04-Samus
Z05-Yoshi
Z06-Kirby
Z07-Fox
Z08-Pikachu
Z09-Luigi (UNUSED)
Z10-Captain Falcon
Z11-Ness
Z12-Bowser (UNUSED)
Z13-Peach (UNUSED)
Z14-Zelda (UNUSED)
Z15-Sheik (UNUSED)
Z16-Ice Climbers
Z17-Marth
Z18-Mr. Game & Watch
Z19-Falco (UNUSED)
Z20-Ganondorf (UNUSED)
Z21-Wario
Z22-Meta Knight
Z23-Pit
Z25-Olimar
Z26-Lucas (UNUSED)
Z27-Diddy Kong (UNUSED)
Z32-King Dedede (UNUSED)
Z33-Lucario (UNUSED)
Z34-Ike (UNUSED)
Z35-R.O.B.
Z36-MISSING (Unknown)
Z37-Jigglypuff (UNUSED)
Z38-Mewtwo (UNUSED)
Z39-Roy (UNUSED)
Z41-Toon Link (UNUSED)
Z46-Snake
Z47-Sonic
Dully noted. It's an interesting observation at least: I'm not sure how much weight I'd personally put into it, but I think the most interesting part is how Jigglypuff is not grouped with the first eleven and instead 37.

edit: I mentioned SSE because that's what people usually mention for them.

D

Deleted member

Within Brawl itself, Jigglypuff has shown to be grouped outside of the initial Smash characters and after R.O.B.
In every character listing of the entire cast, Jigglypuff is in-between R.O.B. and Toon Link.

The only time a full listing is off is in the last Co-Op Event Match, where Wolf somehow is at the very end after Snake and Sonic, giving implications that he was the last character finished for Brawl. (Sonic was the last character added to the roster, which doesn't necessarily mean Sonic was the last character added to the game itself.)

FourStar

Smash Ace
If you want my opinion, (and i'm saying this because I like this set) I think the following should join SSB4:
  • Cloud Strife with Final Smash as Omnislash -or- Theatrythm
  • Lloyd Irving with Final Smash as ??? (I don't know him...)
  • Blaziken with Final Smash as Flare Blitz
  • Roy with Final Smash as Flare Blade in the middle of the stage
  • Isaac with Final Smash as Judgement
  • Link with Final Smash as Skyward Slash
  • Young Link with Final Smash as Twilight Wolf (Let's twist this!)
  • Toon Link with Final Smash as Cyclos, Zephos, and/or Valoo
  • And a "make your own character" from a selction of stuff from everyone with Final Smash as another character
How's That?:toonlink:
here's where you went wrong. you started off with cloud. cloud is NOT GOING TO BE IN SMASH

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
http://smashboards.com/attachments/brawl-roster-png.1029/
Alright there we go. Just click on the link to get to it. Once again credit goes to Nolar_Mass for making it for me and more credit goes to kikaru for helping make it show up.
Now I will accept feedback.
And I am sorry for the double post. Whoops. Man this made me look like a fool for a bit. lol
I don't think we are gonna have Lloyd, Skyward Zelda (if it's not just a pic.), or Krystal. Lloyd especially because Sakurai is making it more and more clear that Third-Party characters have to be a really special case. Only people I see are Bomberman and MAYBE Pac-Man. I say it because the selection of Wii Fit Trainer makes Pac-Man more of a character I can imagine. But, the only reason Lloyd has for getting in is for the sole purpose of being from Namco-Bandai and that is not a good enough reason for him to be in. I still think it's VERY unlikely we will get Pac-Man. Krystal is a possibility, but I don't think she will be in it.

here's where you went wrong. you started off with cloud. cloud is NOT GOING TO BE IN SMASH
All I know is Cloud is the main character of Final Fantasy, a game originated on Nintendo and popular on Nintendo consoles. That makes him just as likely as Mega Man. But, that's all I know so I am missing something.

I would like to partake in this, if that is alright. I unfourtantly don't hvae any kind of roster generator as all the ones I looked up required to be downloaded, so it is all text bnased.

Super Mario;

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser

Notes - They don't need any new reps and they represent it quite fine by themselves.

Yoshi's Island;

Yoshi

Notes - Yoshi is the only character needed to represent his games.

Donkey Kong Country;

Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong

Notes - Again, they don't need any other reps.

Warioware/Wario & Games (Whichever it is called now lol);

Wario

Notes - Same with Yoshi

Mario Sports;

Waluigi

Notes - He's only ever appeared in the Mario Sports game so he could easily be the rep for those games and his attacks would all be sport related.

Star Fox;

Fox
Wolf
Krystal

Notes - As you can see Falco is gone, part of this is due to him being a clone to an extent and I think there a bit more important characters to the series.

Pokemon;

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer
Zoroak
New pokemon (To tough to figure out which)

Notes - Zoroak replaces Lucario, rest is rather basic.

Kirby;

Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede

Sonic;

Sonic

I'don't see him going anywhere now, even if he is third party.

Metroid

Samus/ZSS
Ridley

Notes - Metroid need a new rep, simple as that.

Legend of Zelda

Link
Zelda/Shiek
Ganondorf
Wolf Link

Notes - As you can see no Toon Link or Young Link but Wolf Link, could work.

Kid Icarus

Pit
Palutena

Notes - With the success of KIU a second rep seems like a good idea.

Ice Climbers;

Ice Climbers

Fire Emblem;

Marth
Chrom

Notes - Chrom will most likely end up replacing Ike.

F-zero;

Captain Falcon

Pikimin;

Olimar

Mother;

Ness
Lucas

Megaman;

Mega Man

Wii Fit;

Wii Fit Trainer

Animal Crossing;

Villager

Punchout;

Little Mac

Pac Man;

Pac Man

Wii;

Mii

Total - 42-44 characters, depending on if you count ZSS and Shiek as her own character or not).

New comers;

Waluigi
Krystal
Zoroak
New Pokemon
Ridley
Wolf Link
Palutena
Chrom
MegaMan (Confirmed)
Wii Fit Trainer (Confirmed)
Villager (Confirmed)
Pac Man
Little Mac
Mii

Total - 14

Veterans;

Mario (confirmed)
Luigi
Peach
Bowser (confirmed)
Yoshi
Donkey Kong (confirmed)
Diddy Kong
Wario
Fox (confirmed)
Wolf
Pikachu (confirmed)
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer
Kirby (confirmed)
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Sonic
Samus/ZSS (Samus confirmed)
Link (Confirmed)
Zelda/Shiek
Ganondorf
Pit (confirmed)
Ice Climbers
Marth
Captain Falcon
Olimar
Ness
Lucas

Total - 28

1. How does Krystal better represent Star Fox than one of the most favorite characters of the entire series: Falco. Again they are not going to remove characters because they are semi-clones. Seriously why does everybody whine about clones?

2. I think Pit is the only one necessary to represent Kid Icarus. But, Paulatena can really work

3. I think Mario should have 5 reps

4. Mario Sports will not be it's own Universe and I think it's strange to have Waluigi as a Mario character when Wario isn't.

5. Wolf Link, yeah that's not better than Toon Link and having a REAL Wolf as a playable character is really dumb. Wolf Link doesn't represent Zelda very well at all. He is more of a dream roster choice.

6. I think Chrom will replace Ike ONLY to have 2 new FE reps. Also Ike is the second most Popular Lord and had 2 games where is the main character. People will be really upset with the removal of Ike.

7. The new Poke'mon rep will be the new Mewtwo. As for Lucario being replaced I see either Zoroark or a second Poke'mon Trainer.

8. Donkey Kong deserves a new rep way more than Star Fox, You are missing Takamaru, and I personally would add Matthew from Golden Sun and Shulk from Xenoblade.

9. Also when you said "As you can see no Toon Link or Young Link but Wolf Link, could work." No, it couldn't.

Out of curiosity, can someone tell me why Cloud won't get in? All I know is he is the main character of Final Fantasy a game that started on NES and from Square-Enix. It makes him JUST as likely as Mega Man ONLY FOR THOSE REASONS.

I'm missing something.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
All I know is Cloud is the main character of Final Fantasy, a game originated on Nintendo and popular on Nintendo consoles. That makes him just as likely as Mega Man. But, that's all I know so I am missing something.
Final Fantasy games have differing character casts from game to game. Cloud is the protagonist of Final Fantasy VII, which was released on PS1.

A better character for the franchise would be someone from the first game or a recurring character throughout the series.

FourStar

Smash Ace
Out of curiosity, can someone tell me why Cloud won't get in? All I know is he is the main character of Final Fantasy a game that started on NES and from Square-Enix. It makes him JUST as likely as Mega Man ONLY FOR THOSE REASONS.

I'm missing something.
the same reason why geno won't get in. they are third party characters owned by square enix. FF is a game now only for PS and xbox and there is no way the creators would let him in smash. plus if a FF character was in smash it would be from some of the more recent games. FF7 was from 90's. the only way they would get in is if Square enix begged sakurai to let Cloud to be in the game. but that is super unlikely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom