• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
We don't HAVE to have a Gameboy rep, and if we did Prince Sable would be over Muddy Mole. But, that doesn't change that neither of them will be playable.
I FEEL THE NEED TO DISAGREE. *ahem* Anyway, Muddy is actually in a much better position than Sable is. Mole Mania was put onto the 3DS VC and was created by Miyamoto himself, with signs pointing to the fact that Sakurai likes him (not yet 100% proven), plus the fact that he had a rumored AT appearance at one point. But the thing that really puts him over Sable is the fact that he's at least international. Sure, Takamaru isn't either, but he at least has fan demand. Sable doesn't. Although, despite having poor odds, it's still bad to assume that he "definitely won't be playable."

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
6/20/2013 NOTE: I'M ONLY RE POSTING THIS BECAUSE IT WAS OVERLOOKED BY SOME DUE TO A DISTRACTING OFF TOPIC CONVERSATION ON THE THREAD

My ALL NEW Roster!!!

I think. we need to talk about cuts. There will be only 40-45 characters in the Smash wii U. So to many.

Aside from that, Even though you have a reason for Ninten, he is not really adding anything new that a reworked Lucas can take. Erika is a decent addition, but I am falling in love with this Anna character. An image is just to awesome that I keep seeing. Chrom is ok, but meh. I like paper mario even though he feels like a scraping the bottom of the barrel character. No complaints about K Rool or Matthew. I like seeing Starfy and Sheriff is a good idea that many never seem to suggest. He is a good addition. BomberMan is also a good choice, but unlikely. OVerall, aside from being to many characters, it expands on the old roster and add many newer characters.

She is the most recurring character in the Fire Emblem series having appeared in every single game in the series except for Fire Emblem gaiden. Many Fire Emblem fans consider her to be an unofficial mascot of the series, especially in Japan.

She used to be only a merchant and a character who shows up when you suspend the game but IS had promoted her into a playable unit in Fire Emblem Awakening as well as her playing quite a big role in the Outrealm chapters. She is one of my favourite characters as I love her personality and her fighting style is one of my favourites, she saved me dozens of times through some tough battles throughout the game. I think she's an awesome character. But that's just my opinion really. ^^;

I'm not sure if she has a realistic chance in this Smash Wii U and 3DS games but I think her chances can increase if she gets more games that expand upon what they did for her in Fire Emblem Awakening.

Where can I get that image in your avatar. It is mesmerizing. I also think I am going to add her to my 45 roster. That is right. I keep saying 40-45, so I am adding 5 more to the list. She gets a spot.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
We don't HAVE to have a Gameboy rep, and if we did Prince Sable would be over Muddy Mole. But, that doesn't change that neither of them will be playable.
Nobody ever stated that a Gameboy rep needs to exist. But I find that your complete belief over having Sable over Muddy to be inconsiderate of what we have seen happened in these past two games.

I mean, I assume that you do know that Muddy Mole has been mentioned by Masahiro Sakurai dhring the production periods of both Melee and Brawl. He has acknowledgement over the Prince of Sable, which gives Muddy a much larger chance than Sable. Or at least, I would say that.

But if you didn't know that, just food for thought.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Where can I get that image in your avatar. It is mesmerizing. I also think I am going to add her to my 45 roster. That is right. I keep saying 40-45, so I am adding 5 more to the list. She gets a spot.

Here you go, Enjoy Anna and all her awesomeness. :grin:

Larger image can be found here.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I think. we need to talk about cuts. There will be only 40-45 characters in the Smash wii U. So to many.

Aside from that, Even though you have a reason for Ninten, he is not really adding anything new that a reworked Lucas can take. Erika is a decent addition, but I am falling in love with this Anna character. An image is just to awesome that I keep seeing. Chrom is ok, but meh. I like paper mario even though he feels like a scraping the bottom of the barrel character. No complaints about K Rool or Matthew. I like seeing Starfy and Sheriff is a good idea that many never seem to suggest. He is a good addition. BomberMan is also a good choice, but unlikely. OVerall, aside from being to many characters, it expands on the old roster and add many newer characters.

Again Thank you. But, PLEASE! Post a link where it says "There will only be 40-45 Characters." Otherwise it's unfair to say I have too many.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Again Thank you. But, PLEASE! Post a link where it says "There will only be 40-45 Characters." Otherwise it's unfair to say I have too many.

Well, you are free to post a roster with 50 or more characters if you like, no one is stopping you. But seeing how Brawl's roster gave everyone a reality check and seeing how the 3DS version is going to limit the Wii U version in terms of roster size. It would be wiser to expect a roster of at least around 40 to 48 characters. We could get 50 or more IF we are lucky....

But it's up to you really. People are just advising you to lower your expectations a little in order to avoid a big disappointment. ;)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
40-45 is a tad on the pessimistic side. I'd bet on a 44-48 range. Between 48-52 is wishful thinking. Exceeding 52 is unrealistic.

My opinion, but if anyone wants to bombard me with words, go ahead. I couldn't care less.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
that link doesnt exist. my guess is that he's making an assumption because of a quote from Sakurai all the way back when talking about Brawl years ago. personally i would aim toward the mid 40 range

drag0nscythe

Smash Master

I am yanking your chain on the 40-45 with that comment. It is an estimate gather from past history, his interviews and what he has said constantly about how difficult it is to gather characters. It is a prediction. Nothing more.
Overall, your roster is good, but not perfect, mainly for reasons I suggested. Ninten is the most controversial on your list. 7/10.

And no. We are not getting into the cut debate again. I posted the comment because of how frustrated he got before. It is a jab. Nothing more. Not arguing it. Don't comment on it people.

D

Deleted member

I never said the different Link "excuse" was the same as Smashville example, if anything, I showed how they were different. I just said, as they are two different Links, both of them existing on the same stage at the same time makes sense. More sense than two Captain Falcons existing at once, yet clearly that's possible in Smash as well.
The differences are minor at best, and you'll see why later in the response, and especially to my comment towards Kiwi.
Though I'm just going to flat out say at this point that it is a possibility for both Links to appear on the stage at the same time which I am not arguing. However, there is an equal possibility of there being no Toon Link or even no secondary Link at all.

You are the one who said the different Link excuse and the AC example were the same. I said they weren't. You were the one who compared a background Tom Nook to a playable Tom Nook, stating it was the same as a background ST Link to a playable WW Link, which it isn't. The Tom Nooks are analogous to your Captain Falcon example, but are different than the Link one, as the Links are different characters. That's how my point still works.
I'm going to stop you right there; I never said they were the same.
I'm saying that I refuse to use that excuse because it's been done before to a negative effect in another outcome.
You interpreted what I said to mean that they are the same.

Lastly, it might be similar to compare them to the Villager, granted, as there can be more than one Villager, but arguing for the inclusion of the character (which people did with Villager and Smashville) is very different than trying to prove the removal of a character (which is what people are doing now with the Links). Even though Villager was in the background last time, he still could've been made playable as well, just like how both Links can show up at the same time, as they are all different characters.
I get that already.
But whether or not the situation has some differences, the "different Links" argument isn't that good of an argument. It's merely focusing on a technicality, one that we honestly cannot say whether or not Sakurai sees it the same way.
We know he sees the WW/PH Link as "Toon Link", but we don't know if he considers the ST Link to be one as well, since ST wasn't released prior to Brawl. It could very well be like how both OoT Link and TP Link are just "Links", both the WW/PH Link and ST Link can be considered "Toon Links". Especially since ST Link is the direct successor to WW/PH Link.

So I say my original point again, despite me not wanting cuts from any of Brawl's veterans, I refuse to use the "different Links" argument.
Am I saying the stage confirms Toon Link is gone? No. But I have my doubts.

@Kiwi
No, Kiwi, I am not saying that it is impossible for there to be a Toon Link AND the ST Link stage cameo.
And to respond to your previous post, you cannot claim that ST Link isn't a "Toon Link"; as I said before, ST didn't exist when the term was made.
And if you're going by trophies, then Link and Toon Link are the same character in the Smash series.
Toon Link is "Link as he appeared in Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass", while the trophy for Link lists his debut game as "The Legend of Zelda" despite being the Link from Twilight Princess.
Then we get to Melee and even Smash 64, where Link and Young Link are treated as not "OoT Link", but as every Link in existence up to that point.

So using the trophies is also a flawed argument.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
6/20/2013 NOTE: I'M ONLY RE POSTING THIS BECAUSE IT WAS OVERLOOKED BY SOME DUE TO A DISTRACTING OFF TOPIC CONVERSATION ON THE THREAD

My ALL NEW Roster!!!

Details:
Newtwo- Not only would we have a new X & Y rep, we'd also be bringing back Mewtwo! One of the two characters people want most in SSB. And Sakurai wouldn't have to bring back an already removed character. If he gets new moves that will be awesome or at least if they get rid of Confusion. Again I say he is guaranteed.

Would Newtwo be able to transform into his old form, or would it be this form? I am hoping for a transformation that changes only stats.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Would Newtwo be able to transform into his old form, or would it be this form? I am hoping for a transformation that changes only stats.
There's no point in transforming if what you transform into is more powerful. It'd be a waste of time. Plus he might no count as an X & Y rep if he is also the other form. It's like if you had Bowser and then he could change into Giga Bowser and stay that way as long as you want. So obviously you'd always be Giga Bowser making it pointless to have the weaker version.

It's a perfect solution to bringing back Mewtwo without having to bring back an already removed character.

Well, you are free to post a roster with 50 or more characters if you like, no one is stopping you. But seeing how Brawl's roster gave everyone a reality check and seeing how the 3DS version is going to limit the Wii U version in terms of roster size. It would be wiser to expect a roster of at least around 40 to 48 characters. We could get 50 or more IF we are lucky....

But it's up to you really. People are just advising you to lower your expectations a little in order to avoid a big disappointment. ;)
Well, as long as my characters appear in the game I'll get some credit for predicting them. The roster size being slightly higher or lower is not something people are really gonna blame as a flaw to my speculating. It's whether the characters appear or not.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Okay Golden, We will just have to wait and see then if Sakurai refers to Spirit Track's Link as Toon Link, then okay, you have a point. But if he refers to him as the Link of Spirit Track's or something along those lines, then it can be pretty clear that the nickname was only really meant for the Link of Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass in order to separate him from the other Link. But that's just my opinion really. :/

In the end, it shouldn't really matter anyway if this doesn't affect Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass Link in any shape, form or way.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I updated my prediction Roster. I went up to 44 total movesets. So I added in 4.
No more. This is it. This is the max for the new game.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I updated my prediction Roster. I went up to 44 total movesets. So I added in 4.

Much better!

But, You have 3 Fire Emblem reps, so why not Ike, Roy, or Eirika as one of them.
It's also missing a lot of franchises. Maybe add either Xenoblade, Golden Sun, Sin & Punsihment or something. Definitely should be in the place of Dillon, but we'd still need more.

If you want to make more room get rid of Pac-Man, Dillon, Anna, Ness, and maybe Snake.

Also they won't have Toon Ganondorf, nor would he represent the Toon games. It's not something they'd do. Making an already existing character replaced by the Toon Version is not how they are gonna do it.

I still don't think it would be this small.

FourStar

Smash Ace

lucina and anna? idk abot that. and toon ganon is such a long shot. there is no way they will get rid of ganon and then put him as toon form. and with diddy and dixie are you trying to go for like an ice climbers thing?

D

Deleted member

I think we will see a roster with at least forty-nine characters in it. My guess would be that we end up with fifty-two overall. This is of course including transformation.

TKactual

Smash Journeyman
Alright guys here it is. My prediction roster.

Credit goes to Nolar_Mass for making it for me because the roster creator wouldn't work on my PC.
Any feedback is welcome.
Whoops it isn't showing up let me just fix this quickly.....:facepalm:... There we go got it.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Random space?
Yeah, Sakurai is gonna refrain from adding an extra character because he wants one of the boxes to pick a random character. Did you see my roster. It had 50 characters with Mii & Random at the bottom in little bars. Why would you NOT add a character just to leave space to put a button that picks a random character? That's unbelievably stupid. That's like if Sakurai said. "Oh, we removed Bowser Jr. because we wanted all the Mario Characters to be displayed Vertically, so there was no room on the selection screen to show his slot. Sorry, everybody. :lol: "

Alright guys here it is. My prediction roster.
Credit goes to Nolar_Mass for making it for me because the roster creator wouldn't work on my PC.
Any feedback is welcome.
..............where is it?

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
Yeah, Sakurai is gonna refrain from adding an extra character because he wants one of the boxes to pick a random character. Did you see my roster. It had 50 characters with Mii & Random at the bottom in little bars. Why would you NOT add a character just to leave space to put a button that picks a random character? That's unbelievably stupid. That's like if Sakurai said. "Oh, we removed Bowser Jr. because we wanted all the Mario Characters to be displayed Vertically, so there was no room on the selection screen to show his slot. Sorry, everybody."
Im pretty sure he was being sarcastic.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Status
Not open for further replies.