• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just realized this but.... Is Sakurai gonna change Wario's moveset?

Lolno (Anything can happen but to be safe.....) *Goes back to Project M*

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I just realized this but.... Is Sakurai gonna change Wario's moveset?

Lolno (Anything can happen but to be safe.....) *Goes back to Project M*
Despite liking Wario Land a lot more than Wario Ware, I actually prefer Wario in regular Brawl over his Project M incarnation. I guess it's mostly because he is missing that killer d-air from Brawl, plus his u-air sucks in Project M. I do like the Shoulder Bash side-b a lot though.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Except, all his specials are reflective of something (though some might be stretched, like Falcon Dive).

Falcon Punch = Spin Attack (a stretch, but both are powerful strikes that take precise timing to be effective)
Raptor Boost/Falcon Knuckle = Side Tackle
Falcon Dive = Jump Pad (no explanation for the grabbing and exploding aspect, other than some tracks having mines as obstacles)
Falcon Kick = Boost

EDIT: Just like Fox.

Blaster = Lasers on an Arwing
Fox Illusion = Boost
Fire Fox = Boost (yes, two based off of Boosting; this one is more like Braking followed with Boosting)
Reflector = Barrel Roll (specifically the "reflect enemy fire" aspect from 64)
Really there's no need to explain the moveset like this. It was obviously mostly chosen randomly, but it works. That's the important part. Forcing the meaning behind it it's just wasted time.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Alright, so for today's image...

Two things we see here.
-A new arena based on New Leaf's Tropical Island (From this year) [Still no Pokemon Arenas :p]
-This arena seems to look like it's going to have characters from the Tropical Island or New Leaf in general.
Also, them DK eyes!!~

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Yes, she is a 3rd party.
Is the only one besides pacman that is likely and i actually want, is not going to happen though.

D

Deleted member

Really there's no need to explain the moveset like this. It was obviously mostly chosen randomly, but it works. That's the important part. Forcing the meaning behind it it's just wasted time.
Except that it's been long established that Fox is based off Arwing actions and Falcon off of Blue Falcon actions.
The only thing "random" is how they were established, such as turning C. Falcon into a Kamen Rider.

@Current Topic: Sheik.

Next topic.
I've brought up the T-Rex from Fossil Fighters before, but what little we know about the new Fossil Fighters: Infinite Gear sparked something interesting.
Since the T-Rex might be considered unfeasible (unlike Ridley, it actually can be considered "too big", given that it's 42 feet tall), there could be the new protagonist's main dino "Kajiro" (no English name yet), which is like a mini T-Rex that is a sidekick to the protagonist like Pikachu is to Ash.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Here's a topic. I posted this in the Krystal thread, and I really don't see her being likely by any stretch.

"Popularity isn't the only factor. That's where I believe Krystal fails.

Star Fox was anything but relevant to the Wii era besides Command and well...Smash Bros. If you take a lot of what Sakurai has said, it paints a much different picture from my side of things.

First, there"s the fact that he wants to add more new series. Then the fact that there won't be as many newcomers in general. Mewtwo, Roy/Chrom, K.Rool, Ridley, Palutena and Shulk are pretty high on the list. While Krystal may be up there as well, she doesn't even touch the first half of this list.

Plus, Sakurai DOES look at roster balance. Why should Star Fox have 4 characters? It would be matching Mario and Zelda, two gigantic series that are actually relevant to Nintendo's plans on a continual basis. Metroid actually got a Wii title (even though it sucked apparently), DKC is still a focus...etc...

Not to say that Krystal isn't going to happen, but saying that she is likely is being delusional. If we get 10 newcomers, 3 spots are already taken. If that leak is true, that's three more spots. Do you really think she would beat out 4 other characters when we have a selection pool like we have, and less relevance than last generation?"

Also, I will add this now. But why would Sakurai cut Falco or Wolf in favor of Krystal? Why wouldn't have done it for Brawl? There's no record of her being a thought to Sakurai for addition, and Star Fox has lost a lot of steam since the Gamecube era, which imo would have been her strongest argument.

But importance wise, she still doesn't outdo : Ridley, K.Rool, etc...

Yeah. COME AT ME BRO.

solitonmedic

Potassium, potassium
NNID
Dantel
We still have high hopes for Little Mac's debut, right? Say, didn't Namco Bandai join the fray a little while ago? Something about improving customization on some parts. Memory's a little fuzzy.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Here's a topic. I posted this in the Krystal thread, and I really don't see her being likely by any stretch.

Star Fox was anything but relevant to the Wii era besides Command and well...Smash Bros. If you take a lot of what Sakurai has said, it paints a much different picture from my side of things.

First, there"s the fact that he wants to add more new series. Then the fact that there won't be as many newcomers in general. Mewtwo, Roy/Chrom, K.Rool, Ridley, Palutena and Shulk are pretty high on the list. While Krystal may be up there as well, she doesn't even touch the first half of this list.

Plus, Sakurai DOES look at roster balance. Why should Star Fox have 4 characters? It would be matching Mario and Zelda, two gigantic series that are actually relevant to Nintendo's plans on a continual basis. Metroid actually got a Wii title (even though it sucked apparently), DKC is still a focus...etc...

Not to say that Krystal isn't going to happen, but saying that she is likely is being delusional. If we get 10 newcomers, 3 spots are already taken. If that leak is true, that's three more spots. Do you really think she would beat out 4 other characters when we have a selection pool like we have, and less relevance than last generation?"

Also, I will add this now. But why would Sakurai cut Falco or Wolf in favor of Krystal? Why wouldn't have done it for Brawl? There's no record of her being a thought to Sakurai for addition, and Star Fox has lost a lot of steam since the Gamecube era, which imo would have been her strongest argument.

Yeah. COME AT ME BRO.

thank you mate, . . . . thank you

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Yeah. COME AT ME BRO.
I guess he would cut Falco for Krystal with a more unique moveset, I guess.
Importance-wise, just keep all current 3.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
@BluePikmin

Again, though, why wouldn't have Sakurai just done that in Brawl when the series was actually relevant? We have never seen a character directly replaced simply for moveset issues, so I wouldn't consider that.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
@BluePikmin

Again, though, why wouldn't have Sakurai just done that in Brawl when the series was actually relevant? We never seen a character directly replaced simply for moveset issues, so I wouldn't consider that.
Probably because he saw Wolf as the more important Starfox character to add than Krystal during Brawl times.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Yet he makes Wolf a character with a similar moveset (albeit the most diverse one of the three).

It still isn't answering the essential question of this. If Sakurai were going to cut Falco or Wolf for this title and replace them with Krystal, why wouldn't have just done it in Brawl, whether he cut Falco or just added her in over Wolf in the first place.

If you ask me, the idea that Krystal will replace either of them has no merit, and it's likely because fans of Krystal feel threatened that she won't have a chance if the other two are there.

The unique moveset? As others have said, just because she has a staff doesn't mean she will be unique. Do I think she would be a clone? Probably not. But her latest appearances have her in the same situation as the rest of them. In the cockpit of a fighter jet.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I guess he would cut Falco for Krystal with a more unique moveset, I guess.
Importance-wise, just keep all current 3.
Falco is an already established veteran and Wolf is well liked and popular with a lot of Smash and Star Fox fans, having wither of them cut would be ridiculous to people especially when Toon Link is there.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Falco is an already established veteran and Wolf is well liked and popular with a lot of Smash and Star Fox fans, having wither of them cut would be ridiculous to people especially when Toon Link is there.
If it were a roster with only 40 characters, I would personally cut Falco (Even though he is my main), if more newcomers are actually planned.
Yeah, I don't really see Krystal being planned in SSB4..

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I never thought Wolf would be one of my favorite additions to the SSB roster.
Granted, I would've never given him a second look Pre-Brawl release.. But his wild fighting style convinced me on the spot. He's my favorite spacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom