• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I really need to come up with my own stupid new series NPC to never shut up about so that people come to consider it likely because of WFT. Any suggestions?

Shy Guy is the best choice. I'm telling you man, can't go wrong.

I was thinking more along the lines of some mascot from a several-generations-old console, or some Japanese-sounding guy who was supposedly important to some small aspect of Nintendo in the late 80's, or a goddamn deck of cards or something.
You sure? But Shy Guy is best.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Agreed. There are other sword characters to choose from. From different series. Different mechanics and fighting styles.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I actually would like to play as Chrom in SSB4. He looks interesting and fun to me.... and I really love his design.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
People legitimately expecting a reveal on and because of a holiday are in for disappointment.

I only picked those franchises because they are first-party Nintendo franchises, not second-party Nintendo franchises. With the sole exception of Pokemon (it is second-party) and obviously third-party franchises, Sakurai tends to favor first-party Nintendo franchises
I don't know why people think Pokemon is an exception to Sakurai's mentality, if anything it shows that Sakurai will include second-parties if they're big enough. It's just that none of them other than Pokemon have been bigger than the first-parties added... which is why we've mostly had first-parties. It's not like Sakurai would omit a series with higher renown to include a far smaller one (excluding retros ofc), it's just that the second-parties bar Pokemon have all been comparatively smaller.

We can't conclusively say Sakurai prioritizes first-parties higher than second on the sole basis of them being first-party until we actually get another second party that is fully deserving and an obvious choice, yet it gets past up. Until then it's just an assumption people have falsely made from coincidence. What we can say is Sakurai goes for the "big" Nintendo series first and foremost, which to date, with one exception, have all been comprised of first-parties.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Dedede.
He's fat enough to survive harsh winters.
Christmas is in Winter.
Dedede Confirmed for SSB4.

Dedede looks like Santa.
Dedede gets things.
Santa gives things.
Dedede Confirmed for SSB4.
Dedede also resembles a penguin, and penguins tend to be associated with Christmas and Winter, as are other polar animals.

On topic, lets open a can of worms. How many reps should Fire Emblem get? 2? 3? 4?
FE deserves at least 3 or 4 characters, but it might probably stay at 2...

----

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Buy the rights for Battletoads for two bucks and put one in. There ya go. Roster solved.

They are owned by Rare, if I am not mistaken. So if you are going through all that trouble, just buy Banjo and Kazooie instead. They would have a crazy awesome moveset.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
They are owned by Rare, if I am not mistaken. So if you are going through all that trouble, just buy Banjo and Kazooie instead. They would have a crazy awesome moveset.
Fine. As long as you replace the bear with a steroid-abusive Toad and the bird with a robot's leg, you've got a deal.

Well, of course... drinking the bittersweet tears would be satisfying. :troll:

You, Marth, Ike, and Roy can have a four way at Nintendo's love hotel. :troll:
Just remember, Marth is the one with the tipper. Roy is more powerful at the base and Ike wields a two-handed weapon with one hand.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Fine. As long as you replace the bear with a steroid-abusive Toad and the bird with a robot's leg, you've got a deal.

Ok then sir you have yourself a deal. But the robot's leg has to be in a backpack. And the Toad needs to wear yellow pants. Sounds good to you, no?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Well, I think I found the secret to murdering a Fire Emblem topic. Homoerotic comments.

Hrm...

Got nothing to say in particular, aside from Mewtwo in Project M being incredible.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
but rather because you saw Diskun as an unusual character among Melee's trophies, then worked backward from there to brainstorm reasons he could maybe be added as a ROB-like character.
No offense, but could you maybe screw off? You just want to convince yourself I support Diskun for any bull **** reason you can think of. It's because there was an NES mascot in Brawl. It's because you saw the trophy in Melee. If you're not going to give me any credibility then I see no reason to attempt taking this conversation any further. Maybe you don't understand the concept of Diskun, but that's no reason to discredit the people who do.

I honestly don't even know how we went from Nintendog to Diskun. This thread is weird sometimes.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Is this a terrible joke, or did I miss something huge?
I may be wrong, but we were talking about ideas for hopeless and never happening characters and BKupa666 essentially suggested ROB. (according to his description at least). Since ROB technically fits the description of "A mascot from a several generation old console."

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Wouldn't it be rude toward Starfy's creator to not include the pointy yellow shape with moves, but instead opting for the blunt yellow shape that was only a mascot?

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Wouldn't it be rude toward Starfy's creator to not include the pointy yellow shape with moves, but instead opting for the blunt yellow shape that was only a mascot?
Probably, especially because Diskun is alot more obscure than Starfy...

...but maybe thats just me

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
It's so menly...
Menly? OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!! I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE! :p

Diskun's four specials? I have to look this thing up.
Keep in mind I suck at making move sets, but here's what I'd do

Neutral B: Spin Attack
Forward B: Disk throw
Downward B: Mic (Uses the Famicom Mic to create a sound wave.)
Upward B: Some **** from Janken Disk Shiro (I haven't played the game.)

There it's just as interesting if not more than Neandrethal's Pac-Man move set that everyone supports.

But, oh wait! Diskun deconfirmed because too similar to Starfy. Same with Lucario, he's too similar to Mewtwo. :troll:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Lmao @ that avi saturn.

It's so menly....

What's the topic?

Apparently its that Diskun guy. But he ins't someone I know all that well, nor am I all that interested in talking about him. As as far as obscure characters go I guess Captain Rainbow would be kind of interesting in a weird way.

How interested would anyone be in a Custom Robo character? I feel the series has enough games under it's belt to warrant an inclusion. And Ray or any other robot could be re-scaled like Olimar.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I would rather have a character that doesn't cater to different kinds of propaganda on forums from people that are trying way too hard.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
No offense, but could you maybe screw off? You just want to convince yourself I support Diskun for any bull **** reason you can think of. It's because there was an NES mascot in Brawl. It's because you saw the trophy in Melee. If you're not going to give me any credibility then I see no reason to attempt taking this conversation any further. Maybe you don't understand the concept of Diskun, but that's no reason to discredit the people who do.
I'm trying to understand why people such as yourself predict Diskun, not why you support Diskun. I don't believe ROB being a console mascot equates to other console mascots being likelier, just as I don't believe Wii Fit Trainer being an unorthodox Wii character equates to other unorthodox Wii characters like Nintendog being likelier. Additional perspectives on the matter are entirely welcome.

Also, someone brought up Shy Guy? Okay, but I'd prefer Kamek become the second Yoshi character in the alternate universe where an additional Yoshi character has a snowball's chance in hell. Or...Debu. :troll:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Diskun as an AT. He can disperse into pixels, reform into a random player, and perform a final smash.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I'm not sure if sakurai would like to rep yet another game system mascot, but idk i think its unlikely.

As for custom, he'd sound way more interesting than starfy and some others, sadly i don't think he's that popular/requested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom