• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
So, how about a loophole... make a cartoon dog playable instead of a photo-realistic puppy... I am going to laugh till I cannot breathe when I read all the butthurt reaction posts if Sakurai actually took the time to make a hunting dog playable... :laugh: ...but a photo-realistic puppy would still have the same results. :troll:
I think they both can be in at the same game, DHD being the iconic retro character and Nintendog representing a popular important franchise, they both have their own merits.

What if Sakurai puts his cat in SSB4 as a Nintencat Assist Trophy? :awesome:
OH YEAH! This will totally confirm Nintendog alright! :awesome:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Yes, I'm actually serious here.

But he did take the actual time to make a joke character like Wii Fit Trainer playable. He defintely has the time to make them work.
Wii Fit Trainer is a joke character? Since when? And even if she was, how does that compare to a joke as a big as a real life dog that has nothing to do with Nintendo save for the fact that there is a Nintendo simulation game about dogs, a natural being of the real universe. No, a better comparison to justify a dog being playable would be if Sakurai already implemented a pyramid of **** that spits gingerbread prostitutes. But, EVEN THEN it'd be at least be a creation of Nintendo. So it'd still be more justifiable than Dog.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I really need to come up with my own stupid new series NPC to never shut up about so that people come to consider it likely because of WFT. Any suggestions?

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Wii Fit Trainer is more of an out-of-field character, didn't mean a "joke" character, sorry. :nervous:
The real life dog actually has something to do with Nintendo, specifically Nintendogs, which is a big franchise for Nintendo.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Oh, yes.... Mallo from Pushmo would be pretty awesome... we don't have a sumo wrestler in Smash yet. I would love to see a Pushmo stage on the 3DS version! :awesome:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So, what did we get for a lousy pic of the day now?
Marth breaking Mega Man's shield... and Sakurai said he made Marth's neutral special move more powerful than before... and Mega Man got stars circling his head when he is stunned.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I really need to come up with my own stupid new series NPC to never shut up about so that people come to consider it likely because of WFT. Any suggestions?
I never said Nintendog and Kawashima were likely though. :p

Oh, yes.... Mallo from Pushmo would be pretty awesome... we don't have a sumo wrestler in Smash yet. I would love to see a Pushmo stage on the 3DS version! :awesome:
We have Star Man for the wrestler type of fighter, he's better than Rhythm Wrestler. :awesome:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Wonder Red? Dillon? Pushmo?
I was thinking more along the lines of some mascot from a several-generations-old console, or some Japanese-sounding guy who was supposedly important to some small aspect of Nintendo in the late 80's, or a goddamn deck of cards or something.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I was thinking more along the lines of some mascot from a several-generations-old console, or some Japanese-sounding guy who was supposedly important to some small aspect of Nintendo in the late 80's, or a goddamn deck of cards or something.
A Japanese-sounding guy who uses a deck of cards, Daitouryou is the answer.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Daitouryou and Ayumi Tachibana duo! Oh yeah! How can Sakurai not do something so unique?

Duos are the answer to everything. Duos are love, duos are life.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Here's a new topic, if Nintendo Wars were to have two characters, which characters do you want them to be? (but they have to be semi-clones)
I choose Andy and Sami, I think they would have a similar build.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
The real life dog actually has something to do with Nintendo, specifically Nintendogs, which is a big franchise for Nintendo.
And that warrants a playable character? Dude, that **** is what Sakurai makes into trophies, assist trophies and stages. Should we make Shigeru Miyamoto playable? I mean it's a really big thing for nintendo and we got an accessory, WHO CARES WHAT CRITERIA IT DOESN'T FIT! Nothing matters when you have something to do with a Nintendo game that sells well. Nothing at all. Nothing at all! NOTHING AT ALL!!!

I never said Nintendog and Kawashima were likely though. :p
And yet they are on every roster you post and you never stop talking about them.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
And yet they are on every roster you post and you never stop talking about them.
Kawashima is, not Nintendog.
Twas a joke. :p
I hope it was one, considering you still gotta make your Dillon moveset video I requested someday in the future.

Still would have liked to see you take on Layton as a challenge, but I still anticipate seeing what you've got in store for Dillon in the future.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I was thinking more along the lines of some mascot from a several-generations-old console
ROB deconfirmed to return for Sakurai just now realizing that being a mascot of a several generation old console is apparently a bad thing.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Daitouryou and Ayumi Tachibana duo! Oh yeah! How can Sakurai not do something so unique?

Speaking of duos... I totally support Wandering Heroes from StreetPass Mii Plaza: Find Mii!!!! :awesome:

I just love the idea of a cat Mii and a dog Mii teaming up to fight enemies with their swords, shields, elemental magic, and potions.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
And that's why I always try to avoid bringing up Layton, Kururin and Mallo too much as to not risk getting them to become the next Impa, Nintendog, Kawashima etc....

Then again... I hardly ever bring up Kururin and Mallo at all.... And Layton only occasionally.... :T

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Kawashima is, not Nintendog.
I hope it was one, considering you still gotta make your Dillon moveset video I requested someday in the future.

Still would have liked to see you take on Layton as a challenge, but I still anticipate seeing what you've got in store for Dillon in the future.
Don't worry, I still really like Dillon as a character. I mean c'mon, look at him! he's a cowboy armadillo with an almost armored shell! It's badass! *Ahem* I may do Professor Layton in "Just for Fun" though.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Excuse me?
All of those characters aren't NPCs either, by the way.
I was referring to the characters, not necessarily the series themselves. They're often one-note forgettable background characters that people bring back for no other reason than "overcorrecting" their predictions in the wake of WFT's reveal. "Overcorrecting," like it would be to obsess over console mascots simply because of ROB.

Next time a Fire Emblem discussion kicks up, we should start talking about unlikely wishlist characters instead. Maybe doing so will result in them being dropped into speculative discussions at random?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
like it would be to obsess over console mascots simply because of ROB.
I don't believe my prediction of Diskun ever had anything to do with ROB. Seems like you are simply accusing me of predicting characters for reasons you just made up so you can avoid to accept that I support him with viable reasons. Might as well just start saying you support King K. Rool because he's green, that way I can always claim that you're support of him is invalid because of this reason I made up on my own. But, I'm a supporter of K. Rool as well as a smart person. So I wouldn't actually do that.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I was referring to the characters, not necessarily the series themselves. They're often one-note forgettable background characters that people bring back for no other reason than "overcorrecting" their predictions in the wake of WFT's reveal. "Overcorrecting," like it would be to obsess over console mascots simply because of ROB.
Well I was using your request for a "stupid" new series character when referring to Hotfeet's comment to state that his suggestions weren't "stupid" and didn't fit the criteria you were looking for. But it was a joke so yeah.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Never really cared for Duo. I mean he came and went in the Mega Man series, and nobody bothers to bring it up.

Doesn't help that Mega Man 8 is arguably the worst of the classic Mega Man titles.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I don't believe my prediction of Diskun ever had anything to do with ROB. Seems like you are simply accusing me of predicting characters for reasons you just made up so you can avoid to accept that I support him with viable reasons. Might as well just start saying you support King K. Rool because he's green, that way I can always claim that you're support of him is invalid because of this reason I made up on my own. But, I'm a supporter of K. Rool as well as a smart person. So I wouldn't actually do that.
Validity of support never came up in my posts. I recall you promoting Diskun as an important and cute console mascot, and because of that, he should get in like ROB, but go ahead and clarify in the case that I'm misremembering.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Never really cared for Duo. I mean he came and went in the Mega Man series, and nobody bothers to bring it up.

Doesn't help that Mega Man 8 is arguably the worst of the classic Mega Man titles.
I actually kinda like Duo, at least in the Arcade game anyways. His shoulder-bash dash attack is pretty cool.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I actually kinda like Duo, at least in the Arcade game anyways. His shoulder-bash dash attack is pretty cool.
Never played the arcade games admittedly. The only games I have played in the Mega Man series is the classic series, and the first two titles in the X series.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Never played the arcade games admittedly. The only games I have played in the Mega Man series is the classic series, and the first two titles in the X series.
They aren't much, it's basically Boss Rush while playing as Mega Man, Proto Man, Bass, or Duo (Only in the second one though). They're pretty fun actually, both being some of my more favorable arcade games. The multiplayer is pretty great too.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Validity of support never came up in my posts. I recall you promoting Diskun as an important and cute console mascot, and because of that, he should get in like ROB, but go ahead and clarify in the case that I'm misremembering.
That's not what you said, you just said I support Diskun because I'm obsessed with console mascots (which I'm not) and because there is a console mascot in Brawl. Not for any other reason. Rather than his own merits. Don't say one thing and then turn around and say you said something completely different.

Supporting someone because they have an obsession or personal bias or because of something that simply happened before rather than basing it off it's own merits and no other reason beside that is invalid support. Which is what you were implying. I don't know if you have trouble understanding your own posts or what.

You also have yet to explain why you listed being an NES Mascot is a dumb reason to add a character because it's several generations old when that actually happened last time.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
That's not what you said, you just said I support Diskun because I'm obsessed with console mascots (which I'm not) and because there is a console mascot in Brawl. Not for any other reason. Rather than his own merits. Don't say one thing and then turn around and say you said something completely different.

Supporting someone because they have an obsession or personal bias or because of something that simply happened before rather than basing it off it's own merits and no other reason beside that is invalid support. Which is what you were implying. I don't know if you have trouble understanding your own posts or what.

You also have yet to explain why you listed being an NES Mascot is a dumb reason to add a character because it's several generations old when that actually happened last time.
Nope. I implied that you were predicting Diskun as a result of "overcorrecting" due to ROB, and I maintain that. Just like I don't believe Sakurai came to choose WFT solely by evaluating characters' uniqueness, I don't believe came to include Diskun among your predictions by evaluating characters' importance or...cuteness(?), but rather because you saw Diskun as an unusual character among Melee's trophies, then worked backward from there to brainstorm reasons he could maybe be added as a ROB-like character. Maybe I'm wrong, and I'm sure you'll tell me if I am, but that's my perspective.

Predicting and supporting characters are not the same thing, and I think that's where you believe I am misunderstanding my own posts. I am not intimately familiar with the ins and outs of why you support Diskun, and frankly, it doesn't matter to me, because everyone supports different characters for different reasons, and none of them are invalid, at least until the ones that have no bearing on a character's likelihood are brought into speculative discussions as though they do.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
You know, I don't really try to push what is likely. I have never done that nor do I care, it's always the quality of the character first and foremost. but at the same time I do freely admit when a character isn't likely or is likely, but at the same time it doesn't correlate to support. I can understand why Chrom or Mii is likely, but at the same time it doesn't mean I'll enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom