• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
My reply button won't work so i'll just use the "@" symbol. Just a heads up.

@Xenoblade
I'll use your description for megaman whenever someone calls pacman a "cheese ball that eats tic-tacs" (I'm looking at you Noah)

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
My reply button won't work so i'll just use the "@" symbol. Just a heads up.

@Xenoblade
I'll use your description for megaman whenever someone calls pacman a "cheese ball that eats tic-tacs" (I'm looking at you Noah)
Yeah, if I anything, I think Sakurai will prove to people that he can make the iconic videogame icon a real unique character with a unique playstyle.

Morbi

Scavenger
You know, I don't really try to push what is likely. I have never done that nor do I care, it's always the quality of the character first and foremost. but at the same time I do freely admit when a character isn't likely or is likely, but at the same time it doesn't correlate to support. I can understand why Chrom or Mii is likely, but at the same time it doesn't mean I'll enjoy it.
You mean likely under the speculation lens, correct? We do not know which characters are objectively likely (obviously).

Morbi

Scavenger
Nope.

He's going to be borderline drab material, guaranteed.
Most likely, if Sakurai couldn't even make Sonic interesting I highly doubt he can make Pacman much better. Maybe if he gives Pacman the Mokujin mech (lol please don't do that... actually... do it).

Edit: Wow, I just realized that this will be my 3000th post. That is pathetic.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Most likely, if Sakurai couldn't even make Sonic interesting I highly doubt he can make Pacman much better.
I was more so referring to the guaranteed playstyle that Pac-man was going to have, balanced attributes with generic punches and picks.

Sonic is more so a case of the really bad direction with balance, he's got some really neat tools but he's hindered by lacking a lot of killing power. His Project M version is really fun and technical.

Morbi

Scavenger
I was more so referring to the guaranteed playstyle that Pac-man was going to have, balanced attributes with generic punches and picks.

Sonic is more so a case of the really bad direction with balance, he's got some really neat tools but he's hindered by lacking a lot of killing power. His Project M version is really fun and technical.
Yes, I was just comparing the two as they are 3rd party characters, Sonic had potential it just didn't actualize. Although it is important to note that nothing is guaranteed, I mean... what if he does get the Mokujin mech? Representing Tekken too? That sounds ideal (not really).

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Yes, I was just comparing the two as they are 3rd party characters, Sonic had potential it just didn't actualize. Although it is important to note that nothing is guaranteed, I mean... what if he does get the Mokujin mech? Representing Tekken too? That sounds ideal (not really).
I thought the point of Sonic was to be the fastest character in the game, yet balanced by weak attacks. :awesome:

Morbi

Scavenger
I thought the point of Sonic was to be the fastest character in the game, yet balanced by weak attacks. :awesome:
I honestly didn't think they (Sora Ltd.) achieved that. However, he was the fastest character in the game, so he had that going for him. I can't remember, but couldn't he actually run on Big Blue safely?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Nobody is saying that Sonic should have power that surpasses Ike, but still the #1 crippling flaw that Sonic has is that he lacks power. Like, lacking more power then necessary. Literally, the only moves that could be claimed to be finishing moves is his forward smash and back aerial, and even then those are lack luster.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
ROB deconfirmed to return for Sakurai just now realizing that being a mascot of a several generation old console is apparently a bad thing.
Is this a terrible joke, or did I miss something huge?

On another note, I researched Japanese Christmas culture, and it doesn't seem to open up possibilities for another newcomer possibility.
All I found that is different is that Christmas Eve is more like our Valentines Day, and is more celebrated than Christmas Day.
And they also eat sponge cake.
I don't see something in this,
Here are the list of reveals and newcomers that I think make sense for Christmas Time:

Ice climbers (for obvious reasons)
King Dedede (Santa like robe, though that might being racist towards the color red.)
Paper Mario (wrapping paper, but this is a stretch.)
Mewtwo (because it would be a good "gift" to fans.)
Falco (that KFC chicken thing.)

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Oh look it's Golden.

Here's the part where he "corrects" the prospective of Pac-Man and makes me look like some ignorant maggot.

Morbi

Scavenger
Is this a terrible joke, or did I miss something huge?

On another note, I researched Japanese Christmas culture, and it doesn't seem to open up possibilities for another newcomer possibility.
All I found that is different is that Christmas Eve is more like our Valentines Day, and is more celebrated than Christmas Day.
And they also eat sponge cake.
I don't see something in this,
Here are the list of reveals and newcomers that I think make sense for Christmas Time:

Ice climbers (for obvious reasons)
King Dedede (Santa like robe, though that might being racist towards the color red.)
Paper Mario (wrapping paper, but this is a stretch.)
Mewtwo (because it would be a good "gift" to fans.)
Falco (that KFC chicken thing.)
A SIGNIFICANT portion of the player-base celebrates Christmas. I actually think we are the majority demographic (I haven't checked). So regardless, Sakurai will/must understand the importance of the holiday to the West. He would be more incompetent than I thought if he disregards Christmas. Especially considering that they celebrate a variation of the holiday. Regardless, this would be an unforgivable over-sight. That doesn't necessarily mean we will get a newcomer, but if he fails to comprehend the importance of the holiday to Western culture... well that only affirms that Nintendo fails to appeal to a wider audience, I suppose.

D

Deleted member

Why does everyone assume I'm going to attack them as soon as I log on as opposed to trolling about Jumpman (like I planned on doing)?

Makes me a sad fire Chinese guardian lion.....

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I'm curious as to what Sakurai is going to how on April Fools day considering his trolly nature.
Imagine he confirms Geno :troll:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
A SIGNIFICANT portion of the player-base celebrates Christmas. I actually think we are the majority demographic (I haven't checked). So regardless, Sakurai will/must understand the importance of the holiday to the West. He would be more incompetent than I thought if he disregards Christmas. Especially considering that they celebrate a variation of the holiday. Regardless, this would be an unforgivable over-sight. That doesn't necessarily mean we will get a newcomer, but if he fails to comprehend the importance of the holiday to Western culture... well that only affirms that Nintendo fails to appeal to a wider audience, I suppose.
Yes, but if he does something for Christmas, I'm almost certain e will throw Japanese culture in it.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
I'm curious as to what Sakurai is going to how on April Fools day considering his trolly nature.
Imagine he confirms Geno :troll:
He's going to do exactly what we would think he would do if he weren't a troll. That way he is actually trolling us instead of doing something we THINK he is going to do.

Really, by now, his weird is now normal to us.

Also, maybe he would reveal some other Christmas character, let me think of some.

Morbi

Scavenger
Yes, but if he does something for Christmas, I'm almost certain e will throw Japanese culture in it.
I am not sure how Halloween works in Japan, but I am under the impression that it isn't a prevalent holiday in Japan. However, he still revealed costumes on that date, I didn't necessarily see anything pertaining to Japanese Culture in the update.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Why does everyone assume I'm going to attack them as soon as I log on as opposed to trolling about Jumpman (like I planned on doing)?

Makes me a sad fire Chinese guardian lion.....
I've seen you do some gnarly work in the past, ravaging the land in a blazing inferno with no survivors for miles.

It was a mere homage.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Also, maybe he would reveal some other Christmas character, let me think of some.

Dedede.
He's fat enough to survive harsh winters.
Christmas is in Winter.
Dedede Confirmed for SSB4.

Dedede looks like Santa.
Dedede gets things.
Santa gives things.

On topic, lets open a can of worms. How many reps should Fire Emblem get? 2? 3? 4?

Morbi

Scavenger
Dedede.
Christmas is in Winter.

Dedede looks like Santa.
Dedede gets things.
Santa gives things.

On topic, lets open a can of worms. How many reps should Fire Emblem get? 2? 3? 4?
Dedede is also voiced by Sakurai (his own creation), so I would say that he is more likely than the Ice Climbers. However, if they managed to get the Ice Climbers to work, they would want to show it off.

I say Fire Emblem should get 4 representatives. :awesome:

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
@Xenoblade about pac-man's "generic moveset"
Isn't that sonic?
punches kick...ooohhh SPIN DASH!!!
Definitely adds to the game(not)
I just hope sakurai can give him an iconic moveset that is also interesting like most in the pacman forum. Also, just for the record, I don't know what megaman adds to the roster. looks like ordinary attacks with a flare because they aren't punch based. Could say the same about samus. and his shooting while moving is not that interesting. Pac-man can chomp while walking, running, jumping, well you all get the point..

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
Dedede.
Christmas is in Winter.

Dedede looks like Santa.
Dedede gets things.
Santa gives things.

The whole game should be Marth clones.

There should be 3.

Anyway, maybe he could reveal Pit because Pit is like an angel.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I am not sure how Halloween works in Japan, but I am under the impression that it isn't a prevalent holiday in Japan. However, he still revealed costumes on that date, I didn't necessarily see anything pertaining to Japanese Culture in the update.
...........is it bad I didn't get the connection to COSTUMES, until now?

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
He's gonna reveal tripping in mid-air on april fools day obviously. I can see it now...
"We know how a lot of you were upset about the loss of the tripping mechanic but here's the scoop...it might have left the ground, but what about THE AIR!!!!?????

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Dedede.
Christmas is in Winter.

Dedede looks like Santa.
Dedede gets things.
Santa gives things.

2 if the roster is only at 40 characters, 3 if it's more than 45.

D

Deleted member

Xenoblaze said:
I've seen you do some gnarly work in the past, ravaging the land in a blazing inferno with no survivors for miles.

It was a mere homage.
Augh, I sneeze one time....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom