• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

Edit: I am determined to have the first post on page 1500. Bring it on suckers, I've got all day.
I am honestly genuinely serious!
This is a really weird, but true, tradition in japan.
Though it does sound like something if say trolling

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I think Mega Man's dizzy effect is based on Street Fighter games.

If it is, then that's a clever little nod. Not too obvious. I did think that it looked similar to Street Fighter's dizzy animation though. But it is kind of a general animation all and all.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
So what characters from Wii games do we have available:

Villager and Wii Fit Trainer are in.
Mii have potential and look very plausible to mii.
Are there any others?

What about 3DS games?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Don't really know who could be pulled from the 3ds we have a lot of potential charecters already.
Wandering Heroes from Find Mii. :troll:

Imagine a team of cat Mii and dog Mii with swords and shields and they use elemental magic and potions as part of their moveset. :awesome:

Louie G.

Smash Hero

Imagine a team of cat Mii and dog Mii with swords and shields and they use elemental magic and potions as part of their moveset. :awesome:
I wouldn't mind this actually.
Maybe they could have a turned based style moveset. One attacks after the other. It would be a new fun twist on the Ice Climber duo gimmick.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

I have heard worse ideas. Although since Mii's are inevitable I'd probably prefer the Wanderers to be their Final Smash. I can't really think what else Mii could have as a FS outside a stampede of Miiplaza Miis.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Just to clarify...

Kirby and Fire Emblem are both first party series.

The only second party series with a playable character is Pokemon.

Gune

Smash Lord
We can talk cuts I guess....uh I'll start off we should cut (insert favorite veteran not yet revealed) because ( insert favorite veteran not yet revealed) is unnecessary and unimportant.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So what characters from Wii games do we have available:

Villager and Wii Fit Trainer are in.
Mii have potential and look very plausible to mii.
Are there any others?

What about 3DS games?

Villager is technically a N64 character, in Japan anyways. But worldwide he found his stride on the Gamecube.

Don't really know who could be pulled from the 3ds we have a lot of potential charecters already.
I'd go for Dillon. I feel like he has the perfect mix of cartoony and badass for Smash. Kinda like Bowser, Meta-Knight, Megaman and Fox.

This is really disappointing actually. :/
Why? that sounds oddly awesome to me. I'm pretty sure chicken is the one kind of meat every person, regardless of their creed will eat, other than vegetarians of course.

@bowserlick

But in all seriousness, perhaps mewtwo next
BTW, is anyone else's reply button not working?

He's one of my favorite characters in that game. He needs a spin off.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Really? But, HAL and Intelligent Systems, right?
They are both wholly owned by Nintendo. Making them first party.

Game Freak on the other hand is only partially owned by Nintendo, making them "second party."

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I have heard worse ideas. Although since Mii's are inevitable I'd probably prefer the Wanderers to be their Final Smash. I can't really think what else Mii could have as a FS outside a stampede of Miiplaza Miis.
Maybe Mii's Final Smash could be based off Mii Force, one of the StreetPass Mii Plaza games, and Sakurai loves shooter games.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
We can talk cuts I guess....uh I'll start off we should cut (insert favorite veteran not yet revealed) because ( insert favorite veteran not yet revealed) is unnecessary and unimportant.

Are you seriously suggesting (insert favourite veteran not yet revealed) is getting cut? Do you even Smash?

(insert favourite veteran not yet revealed) is appearing in (upcoming game) and has been a staple since (Smash Bros. title of choice)!
Of course (insert favourite veteran not yet revealed) is going to be returning, they're a necessary part of (Nintendo franchise) and thus Smash. This is the most (insulting word of choice) post I've ever seen.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Cuts seem tricky to predict. Toon Link is still in.

Although Toon Link does represent the Wind Waker series as well as child Link.
Falco and Luigi are both the protagonists right hand man and because of their relationship, being a semi-clone makes sense.

I think Wolf and Lucas make less sense as psuedo-clones. Therefore, they are on my chopping block.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

It's pretty damn obvious..

Neither of those are Cowboy Armadillos that hang out with desert sniper squids that wears jeans. So no, not that obvious. Even that Pushmo guy could be a cool character.

Game Freak on the other hand is only partially owned by Nintendo, making them "second party."
Huh, didn't know that they were fully owned.

No! Not Diddy Kong!

But seriously, none of the Brawl guys should be cut, not even Wolf. The only one I could see as expendable was Toon Link, and he's still around and that's good. Probably because he's vastly superior to his adult counterpart.

Gune

Smash Lord
Cuts seem tricky to predict. Toon Link is still in.

Although Toon Link does represent the Wind Waker series as well as child Link.
Falco and Luigi are both the protagonists right hand man and because of their relationship, being a semi-clone makes sense.

I think Wolf and Lucas make less sense as psuedo-clones. Therefore, they are on my chopping block.
Reasonable enough, don't care if Lucas gets cut personally ness is the Bess anyway, but I am kinds torn when it come's to wolf I like him but rather him get cut other than losing Ike or Lucario.

D

Deleted member

Let's talk the OG Mario, Jumpman. :troll:

The first villain protagonist of Nintendo.
(No seriously, if you know the story of Donkey Kong, Jumpman is the bad guy; he's abused his pet gorilla to the point that the gorilla snapped and kidnapped Jumpman's girlfriend.)

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I'd go for Dillon. I feel like he has the perfect mix of cartoony and badass for Smash. Kinda like Bowser, Meta-Knight, Megaman and Fox.
I favor Dillon as a character as well. Possible use of a digging mechanic, tower mechanic, and that Western gun-slinger persona.

?????????????

Smash Master

Now we must fear the day Microsoft buys out Game Freak to help RARE work on Kinect games.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
1500 pages.... Another milestone.

On the topic of cuts... I don't know. Toon Link's reveal was a major relief, and except Lucas, every other character has continued to make appearances in some form.

Ike got the Awakening DLC, and the "Smash Brethren"

Lucario is relevant again as of Gen VI.

Wolf did appear in Star Fox 64 3D.

It's only Lucas who hasn't had any post-Brawl appearances.

Did I miss anyone?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
My thoughts on things. Please tell me what you think. .
I love it and totally agree with most. I still have to take some time to read more of it. Oh, and Pac-Man isn't the only legendary 3rd Party left. And the only reason he doesn't have to compete with Bomberman is because of Snake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom