• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
YOU DARE QUESTION THIS?

Jk, Dedede as a Christmas reveal is a longshot, but I'd love it.
(To the tune of Mr. Grinch)

Your a PINGAS! Dr. Robotnik.
Your PINGAS PINGAS, PINGAS!
Your a PINGAS , with a PINGAS, with a PINGAS on the side.
Dr. Roboooootnik.

Three words that best describe would be as follows:
And I quote, PINGAS, PINGAS, PINGAS!!!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
*Dedede gets revealed this month*

Sakurai is aware of Brawl in the Family!

. . .

Waluigi confirmed!!!

D

Deleted member

You'd think the greatest Christmas ChronoBound ever had was having Roy as a house maid (maid outfit and everything) for a whole year.
But his desire for Ridley is Stronger. Remember, it is his most wanted character.

Imagine if Ridley was a house maid. Too bad for him that ChronoBound and Oasis would have to fight over him, which disturbs the neighbors.

At least then Samus will be at peace...

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Sure, but it's not like the amount of newcomers is likely to increase substantially like it has previously.
It's plausible considering there are less newcomers available for existing franchises this time around and less franchises that actually need it.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I am confident we're getting a character reveal sometime this week, but I'm not expecting a special character reveal just for Christmas or anything of the sort.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
J
*Dedede gets revealed this month*

Sakurai is aware of Brawl in the Family!

. . .

Waluigi confirmed!!!
If he was aware of BiTF, Waluigi would look down thing like this.
image.jpg

"I wonder what Waluigi got me for christmas!" *BOMB*

[collapse=Alt. ending]"Expecting a christmas gift? TOO BAD, WALUIGI TIME!"[/collapse]
BOMBS!
You want it? It's yours my friend!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Christmas is more of a novelty there to most, but it's still celebrated seriously. Just not nearly as widely.

It's plausible considering there are less newcomers available for existing franchises this time around.
imo that's the only reason it'd even be around Brawl's 6. Though given the fact we've already got half of that, I wouldn't be surprised if it went a little above that.

It's possible, I don't know about plausible, but getting another six? Still seems on the high end.

Unless ofc Sakurai is purposely slanting the roster towards unrepresented series this time, which is possible given the first newcomers being revealed all being from new series.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
The new Dojo sucks. I was hoping for Assist Trophy Artwork, Entire pages for characters, and (oh yeah) MORE ****ING CHARACTER REVEALS!!!

?????????????

Smash Master
Message I got on YouTube today:

"Arguments against Mewtwo

-Mewtwo is not a 6 gen rep
-Mewtwo was not introduced in the same vein as lucario it is a different vein because he is not introduced in 6 gen
-The movie was spotlighting genesect more because it was a newer pokemon to star in a movie its like having mew instead of lucario
-What do you mean Mewtwo is currently relevant to the series he has never ever been ruled out
- Pick an actual 6 gen rep I don't care if it stands out but I really care about the pokemon section in smash bros and I would be very disappointed if a new character wasn't added Mewtwo would make it boring because you are putting him back in
What I mean is why would you have a character that is in SSBM and SSB4 but not SSBB that just makes things feel null
- If Mewtwo were to be in ssb4 he would have to replace lucario when it was the other way in brawl and would downgrade the pokemon section because you put someone older or have both Mewtwo and Lucario which it would be too redundant moveset wise and representation wise and they took out Mewtwo to put in Lucario so having both would nullify why lucario was added in the first place
- Calling Mewtwo a 6 gen rep is like calling Abomasnow, Manectric, Absol, Heracross, Pinsir 6 gen reps because they are equally as upplayed"

...I totally disagree, but thoughts?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I said "unlikely" not "never happening".

With all this bull**** talk about character reveal dates, daily pictures, and the Official Site. I'd say I'm as on topic as I can get.
Excuse, did you tell Sakurai your favorite smash bros characters in a dream, him tell you to check the site, and then wake up in the middle of the night to find your number on character as an assist?
No you didn't
So silence yourself immediately.

And I see people talking about reveals and not how much the site sucks.

You better be careful throwing those stones, living in that glass house and all. :p
I honestly can't tell what you mean by this metaphor.
Is it a threat to get banned?
Because I have no clue.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427

-Mewtwo was not introduced in the same vein as lucario it is a different vein because he is not introduced in 6 gen
-The movie was spotlighting genesect more because it was a newer pokemon to star in a movie its like having mew instead of lucario
-What do you mean Mewtwo is currently relevant to the series he has never ever been ruled out
- Pick an actual 6 gen rep I don't care if it stands out but I really care about the pokemon section in smash bros and I would be very disappointed if a new character wasn't added Mewtwo would make it boring because you are putting him back in
What I mean is why would you have a character that is in SSBM and SSB4 but not SSBB that just makes things feel null
- If Mewtwo were to be in ssb4 he would have to replace lucario when it was the other way in brawl and would downgrade the pokemon section because you put someone older or have both Mewtwo and Lucario which it would be too redundant moveset wise and representation wise and they took out Mewtwo to put in Lucario so having both would nullify why lucario was added in the first place
- Calling Mewtwo a 6 gen rep is like calling Abomasnow, Manectric, Absol, Heracross, Pinsir 6 gen reps because they are equally as upplayed"

What in the holy name of Jesus Hitler Sanchez Da Vinci did I read!?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

He's not a Gen 6 Pokemon, but as long as he uses one or both of his Mega Evolutions, he still "represents" the sixth gen. Especially since GF themselves used him to represent Mega Evolutions in promotion.

Mewtwo has already been introduced, this isn't an introduction. Veterans =/= newcomers.

Who cares? Mewtwo isn't going to get in due to the movie, and Genesect certainly isn't either. At least he had a substantially large role in the movie.

If he's never been ruled out, isn't that a positive? And his roles in the game and promotion make him relevant again. I don't quite understand this one, maybe I'm not reading it properly.

By that logic we shouldn't keep getting Mario. Mewtwo is the most popular request, obviously there are a lot of people that wouldn't be "bored" by him.

Gawd what a terrible argument. Lucario doesn't play the same as Mewtwo, Lucario didn't replace Mewtwo, there's room for both as planned for Brawl... pretty much the common answers.

All those Pokemon would also be gen 6 reps, sure. They're not the most popular requests or previously playable characters though, which puts Mewtwo in a different league.

My consensus is that people have some pretty damn terrible logic when trying to counter Mewtwo's inevitability.

?????????????

Smash Master
What in the holy name of Jesus Hitler Sanchez Da Vinci did I read!?
Not everything in the statement is total crap, but there's plenty of dumb statements. The so-called "Genesect" movie stars Mewtwo more, more people would prefer Mewtwo to a "new" 6th gen Pokemon, Mewtwo and Lucario are pretty different moveset-wise, both were going to be in Brawl ANYWAY so there wasn't a "replacement," and Mewtwo is obviously more up-played than any of the other mentioned Mega Evolutions.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

From what I can interpret, it's the same "making up counterpoints against characters just for the sake of them having counterpoints" in the vein of "too big," "not relevant," and "too punch-y."

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
By the way, don't rely on Youtube for any form of speculation. If you try damn hard you might find a diamond in the rough, but it's plagued with a lot of ignorance.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I honestly can't tell what you mean by this metaphor.
Is it a threat to get banned?
Because I have no clue.
Just stay on topic and there won't be any cause for concern. ;)

Mistress Ne, I am afraid you are sorely mistaken.

This is the main hub where the magical cacophony happens, and Fire Emblem is the key to it's success.
No that's this.

:troll:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
The new Dojo sucks. I was hoping for Assist Trophy Artwork, Entire pages for characters, and (oh yeah) MORE ****ING CHARACTER REVEALS!!!
Keep in mind that the first post-reveal newcomer for Brawl (Ike) was revealed more than a year after E3 2006.

The Dojo wasn't regularly updated with Brawl information until May '07, long after the second trailer for the game in December '06.

More content, stages, items, and veterans have been shown off for SSB4 in 6 months than there was for Brawl.
I'd say it's an improvement.

I do agree that the lack of item/stage/AT pages and blog-style posts are disappointing.
There are entire pages for characters, though. They just consist of pics.
And there are those special art pics for the newcomers. Hopefully, we'll see more of them.

----

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom