• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Eh, I never liked the SS Zelda design. I feel a more regal, pristine Zelda is more fitting to her character in the series.

Still, want aside, I suspect she'll be a more modified render of her TP look.

For both Ganondorf and Zelda, I like the Twilight Princess designs. They feel like they capture their characters better than most of the others. OoT's Ganon is pretty cool too though.

Morbi

Scavenger
For both Ganondorf and Zelda, I like the Twilight Princess designs. They feel like they capture their characters better than most of the others. OoT's Ganon is pretty cool too though.
I am not entirely sure that they captured their designs in Twilight Princess to be honest. It looks like they just tried to throw in unnecessary detail to superficially conform to the semi-realism offered by Twilight Princess. I am not directly opposed to the designs, but I would prefer something different for Smash 4.

Morbi

Scavenger
Inb4 Grumpy Cat Espurr is revealed as the new Pokeball Pokemon. :troll:
I hope so, that will probably be my favorite reveal to be honest, even better than the dead cactus themed "backmassager"-rocket. I have never been more excited about finding out which Pokeball Pokemon will be in the game. There are so many great choices this time around. Pangoro, Hawlucha, Espurr, and Goomy just to name a few.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
So I wouldn't be surprised if there were some sort of Nintendo Direct coming soon after that joke of an unveiling last night. Anybody else getting that idea?

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
You can have any excuse for make a mario game, it doesnt matter, bowser and peach are just the most used.
But cranky is different, is a great part of the experience, is what gives flavor to the game and a great part of dkc idendity.

Dixie and K Rool may be more important for the argument, but for the actual game, they really are just excuses.
And well, cranky actually start the whole donkey land series so...
K. Rool and Dixie an excuse? Cranky is an excuse though. Obviously you can't debate right without putting other characters that people hope for down, meaning that you do not belong in this thread. LEAVE NOW! If i see cranky on the game when it comes out i will go online and crush anyone who mains him, (that means you too)

Morbi

Scavenger
K. Rool and Dixie an excuse? Cranky is an excuse though. Obviously you can't debate right without putting other characters that people hope for down, meaning that you do not belong in this thread. LEAVE NOW! If i see cranky on the game when it comes out i will go online and crush anyone who mains him, (that means you too)
I think most people in the thread create detrimental arguments for other characters that they don't support to make theirs look better. I will main Cranky though, that would be a dream come true.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Maybe a Cranky AT tonight? I suspect something related to DK. Maybe a stage.

We really haven't seen DK doing anything yet of importance?

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
So I wouldn't be surprised if there were some sort of Nintendo Direct coming soon after that joke of an unveiling last night. Anybody else getting that idea?
Thats what im hoping for, hopefully showing off some new games due to come out in 2014. I mean, we know about Yarn yoshi and new yoshis island, for example, but we have barely seen anything on them.

Morbi

Scavenger
Maybe a Cranky AT tonight? I suspect something related to DK. Maybe a stage.

We really haven't seen DK doing anything yet of importance?
That is true, he hasn't really done anything relevant aside from his front-runner status. Obviously Nintendo thinks that Donkey Kong is interesting enough to push, so we could get something pertaining to the franchise on Monday.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Well Reggie mentioned a few games coming in 2014. This included, "X", DK, and Smash. If there is a direct focusing on Wii U 2014, we're very likely going to get something good. Or at the very least substantial.

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
I think most people in the thread create detrimental arguments for other characters that they don't support to make theirs look better. I will main Cranky though, that would be a dream come true.
You, i'm fine with maining the old, brittle kong, i still hope for K. Rool. But as i said I WILL CRUSH Anyone who mains cranky (randoms and sobreviviente included).

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Well Reggie mentioned a few games coming in 2014. This included, "X", DK, and Smash. If there is a direct focusing on Wii U 2014, we're very likely going to get something good. Or at the very least substantial.
Hey, seeing more details about X and Bayonetta 2 alone would be satisfying.

Morbi

Scavenger
Yes, that is certainly what I am looking forward to. I knew the VGX wouldn't offer anything interesting, I didn't know it would consist of Donkey Kong. That was the worst thing to show of in my opinion. I was expecting something lame like Bayonetta. The Wii U 2014 direct will be the best. That is when we will most likely get a newcomer reveal.

You, i'm fine with maining the old, brittle kong, i still hope for K. Rool. But as i said I WILL CRUSH Anyone who mains cranky (randoms and sobreviviente included).
That's cool, as long as I am excluded. :awesome:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I'll put it this way. Nintendo would be insane to not drop a big Smash bomb. In my opinion, it should be something almost like E3. Like a brand new trailer, and then a second newcomer.

They need something to revive the hype for this game.

However, I completely agree with Xenoblaze. I'll take info on "X" and Bayonetta 2 as well.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
As a secondary Zelda main, I just want her back with minimal design changes. Something like Peach: looks gorgeous compared to Brawl, but very slight changes overall.

Gameplay and moveset... change. It. Now.
See I find that rather boring, if these old characters dont get some changes what is there to look forward to for those that main them besides changes to the physics? I think many need some significant changes like bowser got, since IMO a character looking and playing exactly the same for the next decade holds no excitement and it could possibly be why many look forward to newcommers so much too. I think Zelda like many characters could benefit from an upgrade even if it's just in design to keep it interesting. I'm still disappointed as a link main since he shows no change at all, there's hope for his side b but I'm not optimistic about that, I would have liked more.

Morbi

Scavenger
See I find that rather boring, if these old characters dont get some changes what is there to look forward to for those that main them besides changes to the physics? I think many need some significant changes like bowser got, since IMO a character looking and playing exactly the same for the next decade holds no excitement and it could possibly be why many look forward to newcommers so much too. I think Zelda like many characters could benefit from an upgrade even if it's just in design to keep it interesting. I'm still disappointed as a link main since he shows no change at all, there's hope for his side b but I'm not optimistic about that, I would have liked more.
I am on exactly the same page. I do not want a stagnant Smash game, I have been playing the game for over a decade. Menial design changes would go a long way in terms of my enjoyment in the game. I do not want Zelda to look and play just like she did in Brawl. I have Brawl for that. I am actually thinking of switching every single one of my mains just for something different. As a Link main, I feel you plight. I wasn't even able to maintain him as a character in Brawl, his congruent design doesn't give me hope either. I am just permanently switching to Toon Link to be honest.

It seems like everyone wants everything to be the same. Minimal cuts; minimal newcomers. I want the opposite. If you have to cut a few characters in order to offer some new and unique play-styles, I am all for it. I have my history with all of my characters, and I still own every Nintendo console and Smash game. I want a new experience, the general audience wants a new experience. If this is Brawl 2.0 or Smash: Call of Duty, I am going to be very disappointed.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
I did a drawing.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
One thing I want Zelda to undergo is a change in personality. I mean, she looks so bored and uninterested, as if she isn't really into the fight. Most of her motions are also quite boring and dull, specially her taunts/victory poses. And it doesn't help that she's really sluggish, adding to the boring factor (yeah, yeah, counterpart to Sheik, whatever, she could use some boost in speed as well).

Louie G.

Smash Hero
One thing I want Zelda to undergo is a change in personality. I mean, she looks so bored and uninterested, as if she isn't really into the fight. Most of her motions are also quite boring and dull, specially her taunts/victory poses. And it doesn't help that she's really sluggish, adding to the boring factor (yeah, yeah, counterpart to Sheik, whatever, she could use some boost in speed as well).
I suppose that her Skyward Sword self has a lot more personality.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Majora is probably the most requested LoZ character outside of the four already in Smash. Seeing him as an AT makes me wonder why he was placed as one? I believe he was included because of this popularity, no doubt. But why would he not be playable? Was his popularity shown too late (Like through fan polls / sites) in development? Does Sakurai have an LoZ character already planned? (Maybe Toon Zelda / Tingle) Or does he actually have a more specific criteria than we thought?

I would guess one of the first two, but it could be any of them. Regardless, I PROMISE we will see the top 20 newcomers put in Smash 4 somehow. Playable or not. Majora being an AT is a node to his overwhelming popularity. Unless MM3D is going to be revealed soon, there is no other real "reason" behind adding him other than people think he's cool.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Majora is probably the most requested LoZ character outside of the four already in Smash. Seeing him as an AT makes me wonder why he was placed as one? I believe he was included because of this popularity, no doubt. But why would he not be playable? Was his popularity shown too late (Like through fan polls / sites) in development? Does Sakurai have an LoZ character already planned? (Maybe Toon Zelda / Tingle) Or does he actually have a more specific criteria than we thought?

I would guess one of the first two, but it could be any of them. Regardless, I PROMISE we will see the top 20 newcomers put in Smash 4 somehow. Playable or not. Majora being an AT is a node to his overwhelming popularity. Unless MM3D is going to be revealed soon, there is no other real "reason" behind adding him other than people think he's cool.
Maybe because of the low importance he has to the Zelda series?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Maybe because of the low importance he has to the Zelda series?

Maybe, but who knows? It could be any of those three reasons. Maybe we got Tingle? Maybe he went back to his Toon Zelda idea from Brawl? Maybe he didn't plan a newcomer?

Gune

Smash Lord

He always seemed like great AT material to me being playable just didn't seem right it would be like adding midna or ghiram, they just aren't important to their series to earn there spot on the roster
That's gotta be a pun on Sub-machine Gun.
Good job, didn't take long for people to notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom