• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Any veteran reveal would be fine with me. Even if they are obvious, obvious veterans are still better than getting nothing at all.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Why is Lucas a controversial veteran? he is nothing like Ness
People thinks he is a clone of Ness... :rolleyes:

Just because Lucas's specials have the same names as Ness's doesn't mean they work exactly the same as Ness's.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
If they reveal anything, its most likely something to coincide with ALBW release in Japan, such as Ganondorf or Zelda (most likely Zelda)

However, i dont think anything will be revealed until January with a direct. I would like to see a more controversial veteran to be shown (Ike, PKMN TRNR, Lucas, etc.) because those cause more hype than someone like Luigi or Marth...
Speak for yourself.
People thinks he is a clone of Ness... :rolleyes:

Just because Lucas's specials have the same names as Ness's doesn't mean they work exactly the same as Ness's.
Sure, but Lucas doesn't necessarily bring anything new or interesting to the table.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Eh, I never liked the SS Zelda design. I feel a more regal, pristine Zelda is more fitting to her character in the series.

Still, want aside, I suspect she'll be a more modified render of her TP look.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah I love her Skyward Sword design too, I also really like her A Link to the Past/ Between Worlds design too. I would have preferred to see those this time around but ah well. :T

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
As a secondary Zelda main, I just want her back with minimal design changes. Something like Peach: looks gorgeous compared to Brawl, but very slight changes overall.

Gameplay and moveset... change. It. Now.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Got it last year on my birthday.

You know how annoying it was to get a copy of that game back in 2012? Especially after that whole localization controversy?
I remember Fire Emblem Awakening being annoying as well, back in February.
So I just got in on my birthday.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I remember Fire Emblem Awakening being annoying as well, back in February.
So I just got in on my birthday.
At least with Fire Emblem: Awakening there wasn't a whole campaign necessary to convince Nintendo of America to at least consider localizing the game. Normally when localizing a game like this, it would of have at least a 7 month gap between Japan and NTSC/PAL regions. But no, it took about a whole year for a PAL release and almost two years for a NTSC release. Keep in mind that this a very critically praised title and was released around the time Nintendo had a notable Wii software drought (doubly so in the RPG department), so it's perfectly understandable why there was a large amount of demand for that game.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Special attacks are typically intergrated into the playstyle of a character, because special attacks tend to have unique properties that standard attacks don't emulate. Because of this, characters tend to utilize this for both situational and practical reasons. Even something as simple as Mario's Fireball is a vital tool for properly using a character, especially at high level play where knowledge of your character is very important.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Specials are most important when trying to get the feel of a character across.
What's Mario without Fireballs? Kirby without Inhale? Captain Falcon without the Falcon Punch?
Some moves may not be the most useful in competitive play, but the character wouldn't feel right without them.

Morbi

Scavenger
I honestly avoid using Mario's fireball, Dr. Mario's pill on the other hand, is quite useful. However, I agree. Specials really dictate the feel of the character.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Specials are most important when trying to get the feel of a character across.
What's Mario without Fireballs? Kirby without Inhale? Captain Falcon without the Falcon Punch?
Some moves may not be the most useful in competitive play, but the character wouldn't feel right without them.
What's Kirby and Dedede without Inhale suicides?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom