• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Could be fun.
Ride around on Rambi and ram people off the stage.
I pretty much had the same thought...

Rambi the Rhinoceros

Rambi appears as an Assist Trophy, but unlike most Assist Trophies, the player who released Rambi can ride on top of him, and even have full control over his movements.

If no one is riding on Rambi, he'll start charging around the battlefield, damaging opposing players within his range.

If a fighter is riding on Rambi, however, he/she can not only move Rambi around, but also jump with him. However, Rambi can't perform mid-air jumps. Also, simply coming into contact with an opponent will damage him/her. However, the fighter who's riding on Rambi can still take damage, and even be knocked off of Rambi if the attack's knockback is strong enough.

Rambi only stays on the battlefield for 30 seconds, and if anyone is riding on him, they'll dismount the instant that he disappears. Of course, anyone who rides on Rambi can dismount early by pressing the button that's used to grab opponents.

It should also be noted that fighters can only ride on Rambi if they're NOT under the effects of the Super Mushroom. Likewise, no one can ride on Rambi during a Giant Special Brawl, unless they're under the effects of the Poison Mushroom.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Pretty much everybody had that thought in one point of their lives.
I was also thinking in a final smash for donkey but it didnt happen, so...

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
But what to debate is the question....
Someone pull out a roster and we roast them?
Fire Emblem debates that never end well?
Golden Sun VS Xenoblade?
Waluigi Time?

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Could go for a solid debate actually.
Well, we did have Debatemania for the purpose of well-reasoned debates, but after a while, barely anyone cared to continue with it, meaning that topic is dead. Shame, as I was looking forward to a certain other character getting debated over.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
"The Donkey Kong series is now no longer 'complete' with just four characters after Cranky's new role."

Discuss.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
So what's going on here today? Still disappointed after yesterday's VGX?
Still kind of dissapointed, but I like Cranky. Its clear we all have DK on our minds.

Not without rambi.
If we get another Kong, like Dixie, I could see her Getting Rambi as a FS. Either that or DK gets Rambi and someone else picks up the bongos. (DK, Diddy and Dixie were all in the donkey konga games, so it wouldnt be too strange.)

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings

?????????????

Smash Master
"The Donkey Kong series is now no longer 'complete' with just four characters after Cranky's new role."

Discuss.
Meh. Is it any more significant than Rosalina's newest role? In my mind, it'll take more than that for Cranky to reach "K. Rool Level" or even "Dixie Level."

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Well, Cranky was already an important and somewhat deserving character.
His playable role just gives him more to go off of and makes him a good candidate for Smash 5.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I guess Cranky is like Toad and Bandana Dee. Being the 4th playable character in a platformer for the sake of having a 4th playable character.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Meh. Is it any more significant than Rosalina's newest role? In my mind, it'll take more than that for Cranky to reach "K. Rool Level" or even "Dixie Level."

Him being playable in and of itself is no more important than Rosalina's newest role (unless you consider being one in four starter characters more important than an unlockable fifth, but meh). Otherwise, Cranky is a far more important character than Rosalina within his series, has been for years, and is also the original Donkey Kong. This one game basically shatters the notion that "Ahh, Cranky would be cool, but he can't do anything!" which could have held his support back in the past; maybe in a few games' time, he'll have a legitimate shot.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I would say for this discussion that out of the four that everyone brings up (DK, Diddy, K. Rool, and Dixie), Cranky is the next important character for relevancy and consistency. So outside of those four, he should be the next. However, after K. Rool and Dixie there is a large gap between deserving characters. So Cranky hasn't quite reached that level yet.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I don't know why I got Lee and Chan mixed up. In any case we can have both and no Mac, having one without the other wouldn't feel right :troll:

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Yeah. You can have a Mario game without any villain or motivation/mission, as long as he has a nagging old man.

You can have any excuse for make a mario game, it doesnt matter, bowser and peach are just the most used.
But cranky is different, is a great part of the experience, is what gives flavor to the game and a great part of dkc idendity.

Dixie and K Rool may be more important for the argument, but for the actual game, they really are just excuses.
And well, cranky actually start the whole donkey land series so...

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Believe it or not, but Solid Snake is 42 as of Metal Gear Solid 4. The reason why he looks so old is an (intentional) side effect of the cloning program Les Enfants Terribles, which can create clones but said clones age faster then a normal human as a fail-safe in case the clones retaliate. They also cannot reproduce in anyway, not even further cloning.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Believe it or not, but Solid Snake is 42 as of Metal Gear Solid 4. The reason why he looks so old is an (intentional) side effect of the cloning program Les Enfants Terribles, which can create clones but said clones age faster then a normal human as a fail-safe in case the clones retaliate. They also cannot reproduce in anyway, not even further cloning.
That's interesting to note, I need to grab myself a PS4 for a Metal Gear Solid Collection (and for KH3)
I'm definitely gonna trade my Xbox 360 for PS4 when that time comes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom