• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Ok, we know Spike is a bunch of idiots, so let's get back to talking about smash.
I think this makes Cranky more of a priority, so he is before K. Rool.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So since my computer broke and I'm on my 3DS, I couldn't watch. How is Cranky looking gameplay-wise? Anything unique to him?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Ok, we know Spike is a bunch of idiots, so let's get back to talking about smash.
It's probably too late for Cranky to be in Smash.

So since my computer broke and I'm on my 3DS, I couldn't watch. How is Cranky looking gameplay-wise? Anything unique to him?
Scrooge Mcduck-style character.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
They're both villains, so techincally...
Meh -.-

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
This.

I hope this is the last time Nintendo goes to VGX, the hosts were incredibly unprofessional. This is why we have Nintendo Directs.
Me too. They dont get respect anywhere because of dumb things like this so I think thats one reason why they started doing the Directs. They can show you what they want and cut through the bull**** of memes and unnecessary people asking for games that will probably be made anyways...

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

That's just not how Sakurai does things. Not for 1st Party characers anyway. (Or 3rd Party. Look at Mega Man.)

Besides, the characters were likely decided about a year ago, if not more.

In addition to that, for series like DK, Sakurai is going to take popularity into account above all things. K. Rool, and to a lesser degree Dixie, have that in droves above Cranky, so get any notion of playable Cranky in Smash out of your head, unless there's going to be 5 DK characters.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
He plays like Scrooge McDuck by using his cane as a pogo stick so he can jump on spikes.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
. . .
. . .
. . .
did they just said to give Zelda a gun? . . .
. . .
. . .
what
. . .
the . .
. . H***?
Yes... haven't you noticed that they only praised all those M-rated games that are full of gun violence? Guns make games better, you should know that.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Remember, Sakurai knows stuff before it is announced.
He probably knew about Cranky as soon as he was told about TF.
It depends on if Sakurai deems Cranky worthy to be prioritized over Dixie and K. Rool, and given his nearly non-existant support I can tell you for sure that he doesn't. Cranky would be a cool AT though.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Besides, the characters were likely decided about a year ago, if not more.
I doubt it was decided more than a year ago. 2 years ago Sakurai said he hadn't decided on the roster when asked about including a child Link. All he said was it was possible a Capcom character might appear.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I doubt it was decided more than a year ago. 2 years ago Sakurai said he hadn't decided on the roster when asked about including a child Link. All he said was it was possible a Capcom character might appear.
Brawl's roster was finalized June 2007 ignoring cuts and Sonic, a year before Brawl's intended release. More then likely, the roster has already been decided by now.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Kay, I'm back since they brought in that god-awful youtube hack Pewdiepie to play some demo of random Zombie game #182. Back to character discussions since nothing happened? You people don't waste time do you? Anything's better than watching a worthless sell-out, so what the hell. Just announce a character, it's going to be a character we know is returning anyways.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I doubt Resetti is getting replaced unless Sakurai wants to use him elsewhere.

Especially now that Cranky can actually do more than sit and complain. :laugh:

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
im not cranky about Cranky, but im upset that is what they decided to show. Its like, you get all these trailers for upcoming games foe your dudebro gamer, then hey, Cranky is playable while Jeff from Community basically mocks Reggie.

Cranky would have been more appropriate for a Direct, ya know?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I love how everyone is butthurt about Cranky and I'm the only person celebrating Cranky's inclusion in TF.

Hey! I'm happy about Cranky! I'm more happy about the fact that there's actually going to be 5 playable characters apparently, which gives me more room for hope., but still. I do love Cranky.

Still wishing Nintendo had brought something to "Wow" that particular crowd though, in addition to this, despite the herculean task that might've been in the first place.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
im not cranky about Cranky, but im upset that is what they decided to show. Its like, you get all these trailers for upcoming games foe your dudebro gamer, then hey, Cranky is playable while Jeff from Community basically mocks Reggie.

Cranky would have been more appropriate for a Direct, ya know?
VGX does not deserve Smash... those dudebros are not worthy of Smash.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
There is a time and a place. At the Spike Award show, that is the time to show off shooting/fighting games. Smash has explosions and fighting. The audience likes that, not plushie gorillas that swing in technicolor.

Zamus is what they should have shown. And Palutena. Both of them. Fighting, but then embracing. Bosom to Bosom. Know your audience, pigs.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
VGX does not deserve Smash... those dudebros are not worthy of Smash.

Maybe not, but the publicity they're going to get for this is the opposite of what they'd get for a big amazing Smash reveal.

I'm just hoping they don't interpret this as "People don't like DK."

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Megaman could definitely use one of those pogo sticks.

(Music Plays)You Get: Pogo Stomp! You can use this to Jump on enemies and spikes!(I want this to be a Megaman weapon now.)

I didn't watch the VGX thing since I don't personally take that video game award show seriously. What with all those awards "Powered By Mountain Dew and Doritos!!1!!" and junk, playing into stereotypes so hard you'd think it was a parody. So I don't know how Cranky plays like anyway. No news on X or Bayonetta either, huh? I want a Wii U, mostly for Pikmin 3, Mario 3D World, Donkey Kong: TF, and X(Despite not playing Xenoblade, I can't pass up a game with giant robots). Also Metroid is defintely top priority for me when the next one is announced. Smash 4 is kind of obvious given what I'm on.

Were any other decent games shown? Like maybe Little Big Planet 3? I'd like to see another Little Big Planet game. Maybe Infamous: Second Son got a new gameplay trailer, I always wanted to try and get into that series. C'mon Sony, you have to have something really good on the PS4 soon. It looks like a lot fun. As far as I know, no new Sly Cooper, Ratchet and Clank or God of War games were shown either, I like those series too.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Were any other decent games shown? Like maybe Little Big Planet 3? I'd like to see another Little Big Planet game. Maybe Infamous: Second Son got a new gameplay trailer, I always wanted to try and get into that series. C'mon Sony, you have to have something really good on the PS4 soon. It looks like a lot fun. As far as I know, no new Sly Cooper, Ratchet and Clank or God of War games were shown either, I like those series too.
http://www.spike.com/video-collections/vkkbf3/vgx-vgx-2013-world-premieres/3hpqoi
This has the trailers for games shown.

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
Does anybody else see Cranky Kong taking over Mr. Resetti's role as an Assist Trophy? The potentiality is endless.
Yes, Because he was introduced in Donkey Kong Country as an old kong that sits in a rocking chair in his hut, rocking back and forth, and i think he should keep on rocking back and forth, old bones would crack easily in smash.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
I was interested by Quantum Break and Titanfall, but I stopped watching after the Reggie presentation becasue I was sad face.

They dont deserve smash I agree. I wouldnt waste my breath on that. It would fall on deaf ears because if a protagonist doesnt wield a gun, he isnt cool (apparently)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hey! I'm happy about Cranky! I'm more happy about the fact that there's actually going to be 5 playable characters apparently, which gives me more room for hope., but still. I do love Cranky.

Still wishing Nintendo had brought something to "Wow" that particular crowd though, in addition to this, despite the herculean task that might've been in the first place.

Source?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Thanks for the link man. Well, at least we got a new Borderlands game coming out. That's another series I should try at some point. Bungie seems to be pulling out all the stops for this Destiny game. Nothing else looks remotely interesting in the slightest, Tomb Raider already came out earlier this year, might as well get the original PS3/360 version cheap if you haven't played it.

Also, Cranky should be an assist character. If not him, then Rambi could be a cool choice.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Did anyone see the Tomb Raider trailer? I was kind of confused at first, but then I realized it was the same game with more, better looking explosions.

At least, thats what i think they were advertising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom