• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
This just in: We've got rage.

Not sure who dun goofed:
-Spike on being a complete arse to Reggie, pretty much insulting him at one point
-Reggie on being honest, likely shouldn't have boasted as much
"Hopefully you aren't giving me new memes"
Too dang late, Regginator.

The Cranky Announcement makes me happy though, I'm getting more Scrooge McDuck. After all these years, we're getting to play the original Kong, in a legitimate DKC game.

Also, Cranky Reggie.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Reggie was very defensive. Someone should make a mousepad out of his buns. Well, maybe not.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I don't know, but I've just been watching this show while playing Skyward Sword, and there's a slowed-down, even derpier, version of Groose's theme playing in the background and...my GOD it is just so fitting...

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Ya I felt like they were attacking reggie, trying to get info out of him. Hes like "check out this gameplay" and the host is like "metroid plox"

Just... disappointing...

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
<Inappropriate Image Removal>
Didn't you already post that in the VGX thread?

Welcome to Fire Emblem General.
It's been a long time, hasn't it? Too long...

so what I've heard it was really bad and nothing too new or anything's shown or anything
Cranky Kong officially confirmed as the 4th Tropical Freeze character.

Interviewers talking with Reggie about memes and what he thinks about a new Metroid title.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Shall I begin to note how much Spike loves their guns and FPS's?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Overall, quite the misstep. How is this really going to change the perception of people who already think the Wii U is "kiddie" and has nothing dudebro-worthy, which is the majority of VGX's audience. It's not even a new game to hype the Nintendo crowd. I mean, who was this for? DK fans? I don't blame the hosts for trying to get... anything more out of Reggie, who must know, even if he won't admit it, that more people are going to be left disappointed with Nintendo than pleased with them. Ah well, people should know by now that getting hopes up for Nintendo is dangerous stuff. :ohwell:

Didn't you already post that in the VGX thread?
Yeah but he wants more likes. :troll:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
wait so it's over? and the only thing revealed nintendo-wise was cranky?

what were they thinking?

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
What the h*** happened when I was away :confused:?
some random discussion, fire emblem general, people starting to hate vgx, the confirmation of cranky being the 4th playable character in donkey Kong country tropical freeze, and the birth of a new meme: cranky reggie
along with vgx showing their love for guns, and two stupid brothers that said that cod ghosts and madden are the most anticipated games this year, Zelda is the worst and should be given a gun.

?????????????

Smash Master
Huh. I wasn't really expecting much of a big announcement or anything. I thought Cranky looked pretty damn cool.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I love how the VGX just let Mega64 completely mock their audience base. Also Nintendo revealing gameplay of Cranky Kong just raised Wii U sales by %100. Good move Nintendo!

Gunla

wow, gaming!
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team

This is Spike's current thoughts on the matter right now.

?????????????

Smash Master
Nintendo doesn't even normally do trailer reveals at VGX, right? Maybe it was just their best opportunity to cover the Cranky leak, so they took it.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
No matter how many warnings there are, people will always have their expectations too high. Always.
They're gamers. And gamers are entitled and insatiable.

That said, Nintendo should've had something more (or at least different) than this, considering the audience they were pandering to.

BRB MAKING THE LEGEND OF ZELDA MODERN WARFARE

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Im a little upset that Nintendo decided on DK of all things, but im more disappointed in the way it was handled by VGX. They seemed completely uninterested in the title and there was more talk about reggie memes than actual games, which is the really sad part about it.

They actually put up pictures of Reggie with a half terminator face... *sigh*

Also, I give props to Reggie for putting up with it. Hes trying to show off a game, but these guys are indirectly mocking him and the Wii U. All he said was "magazines like Time said the Wii U is what you should be buying this Christmas"

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Im a little upset that Nintendo decided on DK of all things, but im more disappointed in the way it was handled by VGX. They seemed completely uninterested in the title and there was more talk about reggie memes than actual games, which is the really sad part about it.

Also, I give props to Reggie for putting up with it. Hes trying to show off a game, but these guys are indirectly mocking him and the Wii U. All he said was "magazines like Time said the Wii U is what you should be buying this Christmas"
Professionals should take over the show.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

This.

I hope this is the last time Nintendo goes to VGX, the hosts were incredibly unprofessional. This is why we have Nintendo Directs.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Or Sakurai is waiting to reveal Zelda when ALBW comes out in Japan and doesn't have any other characters planned before then.
Though that's just one possibility.

Eventually they will have to get the newcomer ball rolling again, but that all depends on when the game is actually set to release and how many newcomers are planned to be shown before then.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
He doesn't have to wait till the 26th to reveal Zelda, he can reveal her this upcoming weak and have her advertise the game, it still get's the job done, or he could reveal 2 characters this month, there's also the Nintendo Direct this month, who know's when that'll be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom