• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yeah nothing moves units faster than disappointing the majority of your fans and further scaring off already skeptical potential consumers.

Well played indeed. :troll:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
A true source (as in a video link) I can't produce, but I do have this ****ty game journalism site link:

http://www.gamnesia.com/news/cranky-kong-to-be-fourth-playable-character-in-tropical-freeze1

In there they say that Reggie hinted at it, but wouldn't reveal who it was. So that's all I've got for now.
King K. Rool for secret 5th playable character! After all, this kroc wouldn't let some polar vikings steal the Kremling Krew's thunder and he could be the new "Rosalina".

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
King K. Rool for secret 5th playable character! After all, this kroc wouldn't let some polar vikings steal the Krremling Krew's thunder and he could be the new "Rosalina".
What if it is Funky Kong or Donkey Kong Jr. or anyone else but King K. Rool?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

I will never accept Donkey Kong Jr. It won't be him anyway, because canonically, he is DK.

Even if that wasn't the case, it wouldn't be him. I might even remove him from the game myself if he was in it.

However, I'd be perfectly fine with Funky. My greatest hopes are for K. Rool, but I've been disappointed too many times already.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I will never accept Donkey Kong Jr. It won't be him anyway, because canonically, he is DK.

Even if that wasn't the case, it wouldn't be him. I might even remove him from the game myself if he was in it.

However, I'd be perfectly fine with Funky. My greatest hopes are for K. Rool, but I've been disappointed too many times already.
They can always make a new Donkey Kong Jr. who looks exactly like the original Donkey Kong Jr.... so the new Donkey Kong Jr. would be the son of the original Donkey Kong Jr. who is the new Donkey Kong... and the grandson of Cranky Kong who is the original Donkey Kong. :awesome:

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
In all seriousness, I dont expect k rool at this point at all, so I wouldnt be dissapointed. The guy has been dormant for so long that I feel Smash is the only way we will be getting him back, which is fine with me :D

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Oh look, ITS MY 1000th POST!!!!
In celebration of this event, I redid the look of the character Mega Bidoof.
I made it more of a unique character than a normal Bidoof.
image.jpg

I hope everyone likes it.
It's basically just me with a Bidoof Mask, a recolored Mario outfit, a Bidoof Buster, and the Mater Sword

I'll also make this my new avi.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
In all seriousness, I dont expect k rool at this point at all, so I wouldnt be dissapointed. The guy has been dormant for so long that I feel Smash is the only way we will be getting him back, which is fine with me :D
Is 5 years really that long?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

You're right. K. Rool would be too far fetched since he wouldn't side with the Kongs that easily unlike a certain Koopa. If it isn't him, I'll go for Funky since he does have dat surfboard.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I'm cool with Cranky being in TF. Though technically, my dream roster would've been Donkey, Diddy, Dixie, Kiddy, and Cranky.
If there's still one character left to be revealed then there's a bit of hope for Kiddy.
Although Kiddy is kind of similar to DK, so he'd need something new to bring along.

I might get DK:TF someday, but I'm kinda upset about the lack of Smash news. It's literally the only reason I'd get a Wii U for, and they're doing a great job hiding it.
Sakurai knows the game doesn't need any more hype...

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Is 5 years really that long?

Apparently it is in the world of video games. Heck most people are itching for a new Megaman game and the last "full fledged" Megaman game we got was Megaman 10, which came out like, what 3 years ago? That's not counting Megaman X Street Fighter, which was only endorsed by Capcom. And that game came out this year I believe.

I'm cool with Cranky being in TF. Though technically, my dream roster would've been Donkey, Diddy, Dixie, Kiddy, and Cranky.
If there's still one character left to be revealed then there's a bit of hope for Kiddy.
Although Kiddy is kind of similar to DK, so he'd need something new to bring along.
People remember Kiddy Kong? That's a surprise to say the least.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Let's see.... Diddy allows Donkey to jump farther... Dixie allows Donkey to jump higher... Cranky allows Donkey to jump on spikes... ooohh... what if Funky allows Donkey to "walk" on water with the surfboard?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I meant as the main villain in the main line of games. Which I believe the last one was DK64, which was 3 generations ago.
So Jungle Climber (released 2007) isn't part of the main line of DK games?

TempahRelapse

Smash Journeyman
I think PETA and animal activists would praise a Nintendog representative. Especially Nintendog Trainer. A shady guy that sits in the corner of the stage, chain smoking. His 4 dogs would be a Bulldog, Rottweiler, Elwood (worlds ugliest dog) and a Yorkshire Terrier with rabies. The Yorkshire Terrier has a constant flow of saliva, red eyes and rips to shreds his foes faces. Also I can imagine the sound effects of the dogs, a lot of snarling and wimping when they are about to die.

Gune

Smash Lord
I think PETA and animal activists would praise a Nintendog representative. Especially Nintendog Trainer. A shady guy that sits in the corner of the stage, chain smoking. His 4 dogs would be a Bulldog, Rottweiler, Elwood (worlds ugliest dog) and a Yorkshire Terrier with rabies. The Yorkshire Terrier has a constant flow of saliva, red eyes and rips to shreds his foes faces. Also I can imagine the sound effects of the dogs, a lot of snarling and wimping when they are about to die.
You scare me.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

Wait...I'm confused now. I'm not huge on Donkey Kong so correct me if I'm wrong here;

Donkey Kong of the Arcades: Cranky in his youth?
DK Jr.: Cranky's son?
Modern DK: Cranky's grandson I thought? Is he his son then?

Also I thought I heard a rumour that Diddy was originally created as a redesign for DK Jr. whilst modern DK was going to be just a modern redesign for the Original Donkey Kong but Nintendo didn't like Rare changing DK Jr into a monkey. Is there any truth in that?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Wait...I'm confused now. I'm not huge on Donkey Kong so correct me if I'm wrong here;

Also I thought I heard a rumour that Diddy was originally created as a redesign for DK Jr. whilst modern DK was going to be just a modern redesign for the Original Donkey Kong but Nintendo didn't like Rare changing DK Jr into a monkey. Is there any truth in that?
Diddy was indeed originally DK Jr. but Nintendo hated the redesign. The official word from Nintendo now that Retro is making DK games is that Cranky is DK's grandfather. So I think DK Jr. has been retconned to being DK's father.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

You're right, Diddy was originally a redesign of DK Jr. However, that idea was scrapped, and DK has since been Cranky's son, and with Diddy being his "Little buddy", relation otherwise unknown.

So to recap: Cranky is Arcade DK, Modern DK is DK Jr. and Diddy is awesome.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
You're right, Diddy was originally a redesign of DK Jr. However, that idea was scrapped, and DK has since been Cranky's son, and with Diddy being his "Little buddy", relation otherwise unknown.

So to recap: Cranky is Arcade DK, Modern DK is DK Jr. and Diddy is awesome.

The only thing that bothers me about this is Mario(and to a lesser extent Luigi). I mean, Cranky Kong is old now, and Mario fought him in the original Donkey Kong when he was young. But Mario's still looks the same now. He's even seen constantly with the new Donkey Kong, and hasn't aged a day. Do monkeys just age faster? Or is Mario(and again, Luigi too)some kind of immortal super plumber?

Or maybe the Donkey Kong Country games take place in the future?(insert *Dun Dun Duuuun* here)

?????????????

Smash Master
I always interpreted it as:

Cranky Kong: Grandpa
Original Donkey Kong: Son
Donkey Kong Jr.: Original Donkey Kong's son, now the current Donkey Kong.

Just a theory, though. It'll probably never get officially addressed.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I always interpreted it as:

Cranky Kong: Grandpa
Original Donkey Kong: Son
Donkey Kong Jr.: Original Donkey Kong's son, now the current Donkey Kong.

Just a theory, though. It'll probably never get officially addressed.
Diddy is DK's Nephew. And Cranky is DK's Grandpa.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
The original Dk jr was Crankys son, so, the actual DK must be son of Dk jr and that pink jr of the math game is his mother.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I feel that DK can easily be complete like this.

Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
K. Rool (for Smash 4)
Dixie Kong (for Smash 4)
Cranky Kong (for Smash 5)

All finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom