• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
I really want X or Bayonetta 2 so all the people saying Wii U isnt next gen can eat their words.

Imagine all the dudebro gamers being like "oh wow this game looks amazing, cant wait for it to come to my PS or Xbox" and in big bold letters, "exclusive to Wii U"

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Wouldn't a Pokemon fighting game already appeal to the hardcore audience? >_>
Oh well then, I guess I'm betting Smash Bros. then to be revealed..
Pokémon in general is not considered a "hardcore" franchise due to its image being more associated with younger players. Even a fighting game wouldn't really shake that image.

Since when was smash hardcore?
Well it does have more appeal to that audience then most Nintendo games, especially if they were to advertise characters like Snake.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I really want X or Bayonetta 2 so all the people saying Wii U isnt next gen can eat their words.

Imagine all the dudebro gamers being like "oh wow this game looks amazing, cant wait for it to come to my PS or Xbox" and in big bold letters, "exclusive to Wii U"
Reminds me of those comments that say X should be released on the Xbox One and PS4, ignoring the fatal flaw that the company developing the game Monolith Soft is a subsidiary of Nintendo, guaranteeing that the game is exclusive to Nintendo hardware.

Also reminds me of the Bayonetta 2 controversy about it being released on the Wii U, a console that is basically catering to a completely different demographic the first Bayonetta game catered to. As such people were pissed off, ignoring the factor that SEGA couldn't even afford to fund the project and instead it went to another company instead, which in this case Nintendo was the only one that showed interest.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Just give us Jiggs with Fairy moves and I'll be happy.
I don't understand. What fairy moves are there to pick from and if there were any, it'd probably just replace her side b. Sakurai isn't getting rid of those other moves.

And as I said before, Nintendo seems to be advertising Reggie a lot and making him say my body is ready whenever they have the chance. So I wouldn't be surprised if he was in.
I'm not falling for it. Nobody is that stupid. I know you're joking.

Waluigi over Jr.
Okay, let's back up a minute...

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Reminds me of those comments that say X should be released on the Xbox One and PS4, ignoring the fatal flaw that the company developing the game Monolith Soft is a subsidiary of Nintendo, guaranteeing that the game is exclusive to Nintendo hardware.

Also reminds me of the Bayonetta 2 controversy about it being released on the Wii U, a console that is basically catering to a completely different demographic the first Bayonetta game catered to. As such people were pissed off, ignoring the factor that SEGA couldn't even afford to fund the project and instead it went to another company instead, which in this case Nintendo was the only one that showed interest.
Some companies arent willing to take the risk to fund these games, but Nintendo did. They know its a risk, and theyre taking it to show that theyre serious about making more hardcore games. Thats why its important that they show one of those games off today.

Gune

Smash Lord
...are you serious?

Battle Royal doesnt exist for anything.
I'm pretty damn serious, smash isn't hard core compared to the games people think are being revealed unless they reveal snake for smash like arcanir suggested, if not then I just don't see smash being at VGX.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Well this roster is supposed to e prediction and not wants.
And as I said before, Nintendo seems to be advertising Reggie a lot and making him say my body is ready whenever they have the chance. So I wouldn't be surprised if he was in.
Well I'm not saying Reggie SHOULD be in, I am just saying he is a likely fr the following reasons:

1) there is a huge petition for him with over 30,000 signatures and it is famous thought the web.

2) Nintendo seems to be making a lot of Reggie jokes lately, every chance they get it's "My Body is Ready." So I wouldn't be shocked if they put him in.

And come on, he would have a cool moveset.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
I'm pretty damn serious, smash isn't hard core compared to the games people think are being revealed unless they reveal snake for smash like arcanir said then I just don't see smash being at VGX.
...what is a hardcore game to you? pls dont say "realistic and serious", pls dont say it, just dont >.<
???
What's wrong with that?
Pound is the most boring and generic move ever...it's just a punch,it doesn't have fire or magic,it has nothing!
Well, i love it, is pretty damn awesome.
So, if the move have little shiny stars you will like it more?

Umm...I don't think you know how to use that meme.
Yes i do, lol.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
If you are highly confident that Yoshi will return, for example, you could assign him three points. If, in the future, Yoshi is indeed confirmed, you will be awarded three points. However, if Yoshi fails to make the cut and is absent from Smash 4, then you will be deducted three points.
I hope this is just an example you're giving and that you don't actually think Yoshi could possibly be cut from Smash 4.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
U
I'm not falling for it. Nobody is that stupid. I know you're joking.
Just watch the beginning of the October Direct.
Every event Nintendo has, it's "my body is ready" every time
It's starting to get annoying.

Even Reggie himself says he wants himself in the game.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Pound may be a rather generic move, but the brief floaty effect it provides makes it to be a useful recovery, and, in my experience in Brawl, it can be useful to quickly knock someone away when trying to return to the stage. (although I've forgotten exactly which direction Pound usually knocks someone in when used in Brawl as it's been a little while since I've last used the Jiggs)

Nevertheless, I feel it could return, perhaps with a very SMALL amount of buffs. I still think it could possibly be replaced by a Fairy-type move, but I don't think Jigglypuff getting revamped is all that likely.

Gune

Smash Lord
...what is a hardcore game to you? pls dont say "realistic and serious", pls dont say it, just dont >.<
A game doesent need to be realistic and serious to hardcore look at DMC or Dead rising for example but it does need to have a certain maturity to the content, smash is a bit childish I mean you are supposed to knock your opponet out of the stage and when they do get knocked out they cartoonily fly out into the sky screaming just like team rocket, its cool and all but that isn't exactly hardcore.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
The VGX game has a demo on stage tonight.

So it's most likely not X unless they're farther in development than most think they are.

Any idea how far along Bayonetta 2 is?

Gune

Smash Lord
Pound may be a rather generic move, but the brief floaty effect it provides makes it to be a useful recovery, and, in my experience in Brawl, it can be useful to quickly knock someone away when trying to return to the stage. (although I've forgotten exactly which direction Pound usually knocks someone in when used in Brawl as it's been a little while since I've last used the Jiggs)

Nevertheless, I feel it could return, perhaps with a very SMALL amount of buffs. I still think it could possibly be replaced by a Fairy-type move, but I don't think Jigglypuff getting revamped is all that likely.
Pound knocks them straight up.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Hmmm. Decent.

Dr. Mario, but no Young Link and Pichu?

-----
If anything the last 5 characters should be clones, if this assuming time is running out.
Tingle should be replaced with Toon Zelda, and one of the other series newcomers should be replaced with another semi clone, maybe someone like Bald Bull or even Dark Samus.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
A game doesent need to be realistic and serious to hardcore look at DMC for example but it does need to have a certain maturity to the content smash is a bit childish I mean you are supposed to knock your opponet out of the stage and when they do get knocked out they cartoonily fly out into the sky screaming just like team rocket its cool and all but that isn't exactly hardcore.
I was talking about graphics and style mainly, not mechanics, and DMC has exactly that.
If DMC has smash mechanics, but justified with "knock the opponent of the plataform so he turns into a ghost and get back to hell" you will consider it more hardcore? you think people consider okami a hardcore game?

In my experience, only teenagers and kids think in that way, most people really dont care, and i dont think you believe that way.
I was expecting a "smash is like mario kart with items" response btw xd

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Good afternoon all, hope you're all doing well. So, we're officially less than four hours away from seeing our big announcement and I cannot wait to see what it's going to be. So, after watching the latest episodes of Yuushibu and Blazblue: Alter Memory, I'm here now. Our topic iiiiiisssss...graphics. Ugh, this is a really touchy topic, but since gaming is made to pull you out of reality, I prefer stylized visuals over realistic visuals.

Anyways...new roster time!

The main Roster is 48 characters, 22 unlockable characters that are shown in the bottom left corner (Unlocked from left to right, go down rows), starter roster on the bottom right. Let me know what you think.

Edit: Ness is supposed to be locked, ignore this...stupid, stupid mistake. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom