• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
If we get Bayonetta 2 gameplay tonight I hope the reveal goes something like this:

"I hope everyone's body is ready for tonight. And speaking of bodies, here is a familiar body we've been waiting to see more of..."

As much as hate hearing my body is ready every time Reggie feels he needs to. I would make this an exception.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Good afternoon all, hope you're all doing well. So, we're officially less than four hours away from seeing our big announcement and I cannot wait to see what it's going to be. So, after watching the latest episodes of Yuushibu and Blazblue: Alter Memory, I'm here now. Our topic iiiiiisssss...graphics. Ugh, this is a really touchy topic, but since gaming is made to pull you out of reality, I prefer stylized visuals over realistic visuals.

Anyways...new roster time!

The main Roster is 48 characters, 22 unlockable characters that are shown in the bottom left corner (Unlocked from left to right, go down rows), starter roster on the bottom right. Let me know what you think.

Edit: Ness is supposed to be locked, ignore this...stupid, stupid mistake. :p
No Palutena? Even after last night?
And Rhythm Heaven Wretler, as cool as that would be?
I'm insulted.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Didn't the term "Hardcore Gamer" used to mean a gamer who spends most of his time playing and mastering a certain game or something like that?

Then again, I'm not too big on those "Hardcore" and "Casual" labels anyway so I'm probably way off... :dizzy:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Didn't Hardcore used to mean a gamer who spends most of his time playing and mastering a certain game or something?

Then again, I'm not too big on those "Hardcore" and "Casual" labels anyway so I'm probably way off... :dizzy:
Yeah. Nowadays casual just seems to mean "somebody who plays/enjoys a game that I don't like."

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Didn't the term "Hardcore Gamer" used to mean a gamer who spends most of his time playing and mastering a certain game or something like that?

I think it's more mature games rather than the amount of time they play games.

I kinda have to agree. Showing something like Donkey Kong won't go over well with "hardcore gamers".

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
I'm happy Skull Kid got in as an assist trophy. Never thought he had a chance at being playable, so atleast he got in (which if nothing else, gives hackers a model to work with).
But it makes me wonder what role Tingle will have in smash 4,

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
hello mates how are you today, we are a few hours away from the vgx thing, lets hope we get something from it to talk about . . .
well anyway whats the topic

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I think it's more mature games rather than the amount of time they play games.

I kinda have to agree. Showing something like Donkey Kong won't go over well with "hardcore gamers".
I think that's what it means nowadays. Back then it was more about who could get the biggest highscore or who could be a pro in a certain fighting game or w/e.

Nowadays yeah, it apparently mainly means "I like big, dark, mature and grown up games so don't touch me you filthy casual"....

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
You can't compare Mario violence to Grand Theft Auto violence people. Remember that.
You are right.
Yoshi is WAY too violent to compare to GTA.
In GTA you simply shoot or stab your enemies.

In Yoshi you eat you enemies alive, give brith to them in an egg, smash the egg open and the use their flesh as armor for protection against other enemies of whom you will do the same to.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I think that's what it means nowadays. Back then it was more about who could get the biggest highscore or who could be a pro in a certain fighting game or w/e.

Nowadays yeah, it apparently mainly means "I like big, dark, mature and grown up games so don't touch me you filthy casual"....
Saddening.

But regardless, I still feel it'd be a bad idea if they do something like Tropical Freeze or.... Mario Kart or something. Something like Smash or X, that's more mature, would be better to fit the demographic at the show.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I can't wait for the Reggie thing tonight.
I am so excited I might be going insane, I am writing a fanfic shipping Sakurai and Morshu to help pass the time.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I'm readying my body for that fanfic! *Bricked.*
Spoiler alert
In the end they have a child named Morshusakarai.
Morshusakarai takes control of the smash bros series when Sakurai dies.
So I go up to Morhusakurai and tell him my most wanted characters to which he responds,
"N64 Logo, Reggie, Bombs! You want them? It's yours my friend, as long as you have enough rubees."
Then after I tell him I don't have any he says,
"I'm sorry Bidoof, I can't take requests, come anvil when you're a little mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmnmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmRICHER!!!!!!"

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Melee? Hardcore? What's your definition of hard core.
A game's hardcoreness depends on depth and skill ceiling, a community's hardcoreness depends on its commitment to the game, and a player's hardcoreness depends on their ability to master and perfect execution and strategy within the game.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Why do people keep saying there won't be Smash at VGX?
probably because they aren't certain, it is a little likely we'll see something smash related, but till there is evidence that they will, people will be running amoke for whatever they think, heck all I think is the we are going to get something "X" related instead of something smash related

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Good afternoon everyone.

My pet Hamster passed away yesterday, but ah well, she lived a full life for the short lifespan of a Hamster. (and she was very interactive and affectionate for a Hamster as well) I had some breakfast, and then finished up the indoor Christmas decorations finally. HOPEFULLY the time I spend here today won't be......disturbing... (even though I fully expect something "unusual" to occur later on in this thread today)

Did I miss anything worth mentioning?

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Good afternoon everyone.

My pet Hamster passed away yesterday, but ah well, she lived a full life for the short lifespan of a Hamster. (and she was very interactive and affectionate for a Hamster as well) I had some breakfast, and then finished up the indoor Christmas decorations finally. HOPEFULLY the time I spend here today won't be......disturbing... (even though I fully expect something "unusual" to occur later on in this thread today)
read bidoof's fan fiction, that hopefulness will fly right out the window
Edit: times attempted to post this: 5

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Good afternoon everyone.

Did I miss anything worth mentioning?
It's been confirmed that Reggie is going on stage with a demo of the game he's going to announce something about. Not anything else worth mentioning other than people getting swept up in the hype.

Sorry about the Hamster btw :c

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
It's been confirmed that Reggie is going on stage with a demo of the game he's going to announce something about. Not anything else worth mentioning other than people getting swept up in the hype.

Sorry about the Hamster btw :c
IIRC, was it confirmed that the demo will be of game that has already been shown?

And thanks. Her passing was very unexpected, I had two of them, but the one that passed away first showed many more signs of old age than the other one did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom