• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espio264

Smash Ace
So this is what's been burning in me all day since we got our glorious new Skull Kid:

Other Assist Trophies:
- I'm not sure I expect most of the originals to return. Maybe 3 at the most.
- Former ATs that could become playable and likely will not be ATs this time at all. (Isaac, Waluigi, Lyn, Goroh, Little Mac, Starfy, Tingle, Saki) I expect Little Mac, and maybe 1 or 2 more of these to become playable, and then I don't expect any of the others in the game at all except as trophies, stage details, etc.
- Characters that seem likely that people fear might become ATs
- Palutena, if she's not playable, I expect her to be Pit's Final Smash again, or nothing. It's either go big, or don't go at all for her since she was already an element in Brawl.
- Chrom, I really kinda expect him, but I also think he has high AT potential if not playable. That's pretty much all.
- Ridley, It'd be a slap in the face to us fans for him to be an AT at this point. It'd be sort of a downgrade from boss. Stage Hazard in the Pyrosphere is very likely, but if he's not playable, I'd be heavily disappointed to see him as an AT.
- K. Rool, I just don't see it. He'll either be playable or nothing. Same goes for Dixie. Both are too important to be dismissed as just an AT.
- Takamaru, I think he'll make the cut, but if he doesn't, he'd be a reasonable and welcomed AT.
- Shulk, He seems like too interesting of a character from an interesting franchise not to be playable. If he's not playable, I'd definitely expect some sort of Xenoblade character AT, just not sure if it'd definitely be him.

If any of the characters from the Brawl roster are cut, I ABSOLUTELY DO NOT expect them to return as an AT. That'd be a demotion. Same for cut Melee vets. Roy deserves better.

Mewtwo wouldn't be an AT anyway. And if he isn't playable again, that's the single most disappointing thing Sakurai could cast upon us.

I expect new and exciting side characters from our favorite franchises in the vein of the Magnificently rendered Skull Kid.
- I'm expecting Knuckles or Tails this time.
- Krystal, Slippy or Giant Monkey Andross need to make the AT roster, one of them deserves the shot.
- A Funky/Lanky/Tiny/Chunky/Cranky Kong is deserving.
- I don't see Rosalina as playable yet, but she seems to be the perfect AT.
- One of the Metroid Prime Hunters would be rad.
- I think I expect another Zelda AT, possibly from any game. I'd personally like to see Midna whack you with her hair fist and then laugh and fade out.
- A couple of retros.

This reveal opened up a realm of new possibilities, some exciting, very exciting and some possibly very disappointing. But either way, this game gets more and more impressive by the second, and we don't have close to all the pieces yet.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
Anyway made this for fun.

Eario Moveset

Neutral B: Mop. Eario hits forward with his mop, anyone hit is slower for 3 seconds. Deals 10%.

Side B: Mop Rider. Eario rides the Mop Rider forward and crashes into everyone. Deals 11%.

Up B: Cheerios. Eario throws a bowl of Cheerios upward. Deals 9%.

Down B: Thwomp. A. Thwomp tries to crush Eario, but Eario dodges it. Deals 12%.

Final Smash: At Around 3:00. Eario makes Cheerios rain from the sky.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I really want to know what this Arena stage means for Little Mac, because it's really the only thing keeping him on my roster. I mean it's completely identical to the one in Punch-Out Wii and yet it has Smash symbolism and new features, there's no hint to Little Mac appearing outside of it or any reveal of him since, and it seems to commonly be shown off as an example stage like the Battlefield. Could this simply be inspired by Punch-Out, but made as our Final Destination? If not should it confirm Little Mac despite Little Mac not being confirmed?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
After the Skull Kid thing this morning, i decided to make some changes to my roster and make it more prediction than wants.
What does everyone think?
John Roster.png

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If this trailer is gonna be about Smash, and if it's gonna reveal characters am more betting on veterans. Since they probably bring the most hype. As since if it's gonna be Smash, there'll probably be more trailers coming later. Think they'll just show us a few veterans related to already confirmed characters, as Diddy, Wario, Zelda, MetaKnight / Dedede, Yoshi or even Ness and Captain Falcon. Or just show more of the current revealed characters, like seeing Marth and Peach more in action.

If they choose to show even more Wii Fit Trainer and Villager though, am seriously gonna doubt the ammount of newcomers.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
If you really think Reggie's going to be in
Well I'm not saying Reggie SHOULD be in, I am just saying he is a likely fr the following reasons:

1) there is a huge petition for him with over 30,000 signatures and it is famous thought the web.

2) Nintendo seems to be making a lot of Reggie jokes lately, every chance they get it's "My Body is Ready." So I wouldn't be shocked if they put him in.

And come on, he would have a cool moveset.
And probably a Gaston hack.

Espio264

Smash Ace
I really want to know what this Arena stage means for Little Mac, because it's really the only thing keeping him on my roster. I mean it's completely identical to the one in Punch-Out Wii and yet it has Smash symbolism and new features, there's no hint to Little Mac appearing outside of it or any reveal of him since, and it seems to commonly be shown off as an example stage like the Battlefield. Could this simply be inspired by Punch-Out, but made as our Final Destination? If not should it confirm Little Mac despite Little Mac not being confirmed?
It took me a few times through to fully understand, but you're definitely on to something. It should confirm him, but it's also still too early to know anything for sure.

After the Skull Kid thing this morning, i decided to make some changes to my roster and make it more prediction than wants.
View attachment 4887
I really, really dig this. It seems very likely, and very fun.

Except take Reggie off. It's not funny when the kids do it. It's not funny when he does it. Just say "no," Sakurai.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
So, out of curiosity, who do you guys think will be the next character who will suffer Skull Kid's terrible fate?
Hopefully, it'll just be the characters that I don't care at all about their fate. Kamek, Fawful, Rambi, Glass Joe, Magnus, Zazz, and even Waluigi, are on my potential Assist Trophy list.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
Let me check......
Oh, sorry my clock is broken.
I guess it's body wasn't ready.
It must feel like a Purple Pikmin.

View attachment 4887
Tingle. YES.

Anyway, Dr. Mario or Waluigi over Jr.
Roy over Chrom.
Pac-Man over a Square Enix character.

Anyway it's actually an awesome roster. Those are just what I would do lol.

9/10

EDIT: NOOO! DOOBLE POST!

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I got a thousand posts a while ago mate . . . .
and what's even more embarrassing is that you are over a month older than me:troll:
That just means I have more of a luge than you :troll:

Plus I spent the last month or so on th Project Bidoof PMs and that counted for nothing.
And I need to finish making my new avi before I reach 1,000

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
That just means I have more of a luge than you :troll:

Plus I spent the last month or so on th Project Bidoof PMs and that counted for nothing.
And I need to finish making my new avi before I reach 1,000

I don't see what you mean mate? are you saying that you have a luge and that I don't? or are you saying you are a luge? please be more specific

:troll:

Edit: times attempted to post this: 4

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Why are we comparing post counts....? Lol (if i wanted to i could have gotten smash obsessed in 2007, but I have a life).

Anyway what's the topic? Or is this thread dead for now.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Why are we comparing post counts....? Lol (if i wanted to i could have gotten smash obsessed in 2007, but I have a life).

Anyway what's the topic? Or is this thread dead for now.
I don't know bidoof just said his post count and I felt like quoting it, and now its kind of where its at now:awesome:
well the topic is the vgx Reggie announcement thing, or at least was . . .
Edit: times attempted to post this: 11
. . .
. . .
. . .
. . .
What the F***?!?

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I'm instilling a new topic in this thread.

If the VGX announcement is Reggie, Reggii, Mii or something that isn't Smash, how hard will you rage?

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I don't know bidoof just said his post count and I felt like quoting it, and now its kind of where its at now:awesome:
well the topic is the vgx Reggie announcement thing, or at least was . . .
Edit: times attempted to post this: 11
. . .
. . .
. . .
. . .
What the F***?!?
Either were getting smash, DKTF, or the new IP

My money's on the new IP

But I hope Reggie goes there and trolls the dudebro's with something random, that'd be priceless XD, but it's probably not gonna happen. It'll probably be the new IP. Since Zelda wii U is going to be announced at e3, not there.

If the VGX announcement is Reggie, Reggii, Mii or something that isn't Smash, how hard will you rage?
Not at all, I expected that Littlemiimac leak to be true, so I wouldn't be surprised. Even tho I hate the mii's i feel they'll be included so meh.

Now if you want my venom rage tears, then you better hope tingle is confirmed because if he is I will rage so hard.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Then there's the fact that they use the anime voices, instead of the chiptune sounds from the games. (And to my knowledge, even to this day, in Pokemon X/Y, they still have chiptune grunts rather than saying their names out loud).
In X and Y, Pikachu actually says its name now instead of its old cry.
All the other Pokemon still have their game cries as far as I know.

...Is that a slot for a Square Enix character, or do you want the Square Enix logo itself?

Also, Groose and Anthony Higgs must be in Smash 4 as Assist Trophies or I will be sad.
(they probably aren't getting in as playable characters, so an AT is obviously the next and most logical choice)

----

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
if its reggie, reggii, or mii, i'll probably rage hard enough for something to break down in Antarctica,
now if its something un-smash related, it depends on what it is honestly

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I already want to know if LittlePacMii is true or not.
Not sure if they're going to spill the beans tomorrow, though... How sure are we they'll release some SSB news?
Usually SSB is not even hinted at except a very brief time at the end of a video, like what happened with Luigi and Sonic. So I expect the same to happen tomorrow. For all we know, we'll probably just get December's veteran.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
I would be fine with any form of reggie or mii for the lolz really. I really just desire pacman's inclusion. If it isn't smash related, I will rage. It has been too long since we have had any real info.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

If it isn't anything involving Smash, then I won't be mad. But if any of the former three do, I'd be pretty dissapointed. And confused, can't forget confused. But I don't think something like that will be shown at VGX. Seeing as how the core audience are in their Teens and 20s. It would likely end up being something that would appeal to that age group, so something along the lines of Zelda, Xeno 2, Metroid, and Fire Emblem would work. But I guess Donkey Kong could for the Nostalgia Factor of it all. If it is Smash related, it would be a character that isn't so er.........Cartoony or kid friendly I guess. Not that I like going for stereotypes of people who like video games, but oh well.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
View attachment 4887
It's a really good roster, but I have two issues. One is that there is no sufficient Square Enix representative and that Sakurai will not add a character based on what company they are from. The second is Tingle, I really fail to see why he should be in when he never had an important role in Zelda which is usually what Zelda characters should have. I guess it's possible, but I don't see it happening. And Reggie FTW.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Good evening all. I'm surprised I didn't come here earlier, though to be fair, for a whille I was busy finishing up Christmas decorations. Also, I was going to post something about Skull Kid here last night, but the site went down for maintence before I could finish.

Did I miss anything worth mentioning?

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Good evening all. I'm surprised I didn't come here earlier, though to be fair, for a whille I was busy finishing up Christmas decorations. Also, I was going to post something about Skull Kid here last night, but the site went down for maintence before I could finish.

just a bunch of talk about Reggie, so ya nothing worth mentioning

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Guaranteed like The Legend of Zelda being on the Xbox One.

Sounds about right. Though I prefer something like "God of War on the 3DS".

Nothing too big. Most of it was talk about other characters getting deconfirmed at some point. Mostly people worrying about the popular choices like K.Rool and Ridley. Oh and Reggie and Mii talk. With a little bit of VGX discussion thrown in for good measure too.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
The Wii U did not score big sells with their Mario game. They are going to reveal Mii and maybe more.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
The Wii U did not score big sells with their Mario game. They are going to reveal Mii and maybe more.

Yep. Wii U isn't selling well? Reveal a divisive character instead of one the hardcore fans really want! Though granted, it sounds exactly like something Oblivious N would do right now.

*Looks back at Reggie last week stating that he KNOWS consumers understand the difference between Wii and Wii U, when Wal-Mart at one point advertised it as a Wii addon and there's little-to-no advertising for the Wii U/its games in general.*

Bah.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I think Smash is the most likely game to be announced, unless it's a new game we don't know about.

A newcomer seems quite possible if it is a Smash announcement, as they need to make people hyped with the game again so they go buy some Wii Us.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
It's been confirmed that it's a game that we've already been shown.

I thought that was just some tripe Zeldainformer was tossing around Facebook. Maybe I'm mistaken? If so, Smash probabilities up a considerable %!

I mean, they could show the 4th playable TF character, but I think they'll do a bit more than that...

D

Deleted member

No, what will happen is that the rumor is mixed up.
Reggie will reveal his Mii to be the 4th Tropical Freeze character while Cranky Kong is shown for Smash 4.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I've been thinking...

Skull Kid has tons of popularity during pre-Brawl.

Do you think he's an AT because of that pre-Brawl popularity?

Maybe Sakurai is really looking at pre-Brawl popularity. We know he looked at it for Megaman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom