• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
You know, I feel like most of the characters people want will likely end up as AT's or other Moves. Skull Kid just got his execution, after all...

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
...I just had amazing sushi and possibly the best dumplings I've ever had.
Sushi is amazing. I just had it last night and you are making me crave it again.

So we have mammals, reptiles, and birds represented in the cast but no amphibians or fish? Hmmmm....

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
You know, I feel like most of the characters people want will likely end up as AT's or other Moves. Skull Kid just got his execution, after all...
Kind of like how Toad staying an attack equates to every veteran franchise newcomer worth a damn having no chance whatsoever to become playable, right? :smirk:

Times to post: 2

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Sushi is amazing. I just had it last night and you are making me crave it again.

So we have mammals, reptiles, and birds represented in the cast but no amphibians or fish? Hmmmm....

Magikarp confirmed. Splash is its Final Smash. It does 998% damage on its sourspot. Slippy is DLC, and he has Guile's Flash Kick as an Up Smash.

Kind of like how Toad staying an attack equates to every veteran franchise newcomer worth a damn having no chance whatsoever to become playable, right? :smirk:

Times to post: 2
Of course. Toad is the most important character ever. None of those other guys can make it without him. We all know that. :p

Bajef8

Smash Ace
I don't understand why people seem to think Skull Kid being an AT sucks or was somehow unexpected. I hopped of the "Skull Kid could be playable" train after Brawl came out. I'm honestly just happy he's even getting a small nod instead of nothing.

Anyways, in regards to a VGX prediction tomorrow:

Related to Smash: We either get a Reggii announcement or nothing.
Other games: My money is on Zelda for Wii U showing up.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
...Axle.EXE, has yet again encountered an error.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I never had dumplings before, though I cook them alot in Dumpling Master:

My favorite minigame in the Legendary Starfy.

Really? It's a pretty common food in Chinese restaurants and take-out joints. Well, in the east coast of the United States anyway.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I love dumplings and sushi... I always eat them every time I eat out at Japanese and Chinese restaurants.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I eat at Japanese restraunts sometimes. Though I'll be willing to try one soon, but I don't really like squid.

Most I've seen are either made of beef or pork. I honestly doubt I'd ever try squid though.

He needs to try harder. He wasn't very convincing at all.

Alright, as far as topics go, I think I've got one. If you absolutely had to pick two Mario characters that were added to the roster, who would they be and why? Or, If you had to, would you pick another Duo type character like the Ice Climbers?

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
"I'll put Skull Kid on Toad's level if his species gets a recurring playable role in platformers and spinoffs."

Oooooh, told.

My god. That guy is an idiot. He should just save himself the disappointment. His logic is astounding. Of course, what else should be expected of GameFAQS?
Pretty sure he was trying to mock Toad and Ridley supporters.

Alright, as far as topics go, I think I've got one. If you absolutely had to pick two Mario characters that were added to the roster, who would they be and why?
-Toad
-either Bowser Jr. or Waluigi

Or, If you had to, would you pick another Duo type character like the Ice Climbers?
Baby Mario Bros. (Yoshi series character)

-----

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
My god. That guy is an idiot. He should just save himself the disappointment. His logic is astounding. Of course, what else should be expected of GameFAQS?

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
...I just had amazing sushi and possibly the best dumplings I've ever had.
Lucky...we don't have restaurants like that where I live. :c

Alright, as far as topics go, I think I've got one. If you absolutely had to pick two Mario characters that were added to the roster, who would they be and why? Or, If you had to, would you pick another Duo type character like the Ice Climbers?
Well, I'd obviously pick the Mario Bros, as they're basically inseparable. As for a second Duo character...Gods no.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Oh wow, that Gamefaqs guy made me sick to my stomach: Skull Kid is the 4th most important Zelda character behind the main "realistic" three?

Toon Link, Tetra, Impa, and Tingle say hi.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Lucky...we don't have restaurants like that where I live. :c

Well, I'd obviously pick the Mario Bros, as they're basically inseparable. As for a second Duo character...Gods no.

Oh, I should have worded that better. When I posted that I was thinking of adding characters in addition to the 4 Mario veterans that were already confirmed. Like adding being forced to add Waluigi and Rosalina, just as an example.

Though if we only had two Mario characters in total, Mario and Luigi would be the best choice.

Oh wow, that Gamefaqs guy made me sick to my stomach: Skull Kid is the 4th most important Zelda character behind the main "realistic" three?

Toon Link, Tetra, Impa, and Tingle say hi.

Even Vaati would pop up and tell Skull Kid to check himself before he wrecks himself.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
We can have 4 Marios on the stage so Skull Kid can be a playable fighter and an assist.... really?

Did he even understand that Sakurai literally said Skull Kid is not a new fighter? Because I'm fairly certain that means he will not be a new fighter.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
You never know.. he'll do a WFT situation again
You need more than being surprising to get in. Wii Fit Trainer got in as a surprise, but she was already deserving. Dr. Kawashima is not. You can't just use people's reaction to a character as your basis for it's inclusion. That's just a stupid thing to do.

(Only less surprising)
Lol no.

We can have 4 Marios on the stage so Skull Kid can be a playable fighter and an assist.... really?
The sheer fact that someone is an Assist Trophy confirms that they are not seen as someone who should be playable and their cameo as an Assist Trophy serves 0 purpose due to them being playable.

No. One game breaking character is enough.
Typical of a Smash fan to suggest removing or not adding a character rather than just simply fixing their problem.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529

Oh, I should have worded that better. When I posted that I was thinking of adding characters in addition to the 4 Mario veterans that were already confirmed. Like adding being forced to add Waluigi and Rosalina, just as an example.
Ah okay. Well, my choices are obviously Bowser Jr. and Paper Mario.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I feel like another duo character could work, but it takes away from what makes Ice Climbers unique, and with Sakurai looking for characters that bring new elements to the table and the 3DS's capabilities, I don't think we'll be getting one this time around.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Two Mario characters?

Toad and... hmm.... I really don't want anyone after Toad... (heck, I don't even want another Mario character period) but, just for the heck of it...
... ah screw it... Daisy. Bowser Jr.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Hey, quick insight!

You know what I could see happening soon? Reveal Snake, if of course he's in, which I don't really doubt. I could sense them revealing him sometime soon for some reason...

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
Wow. There is literally no effort or creativity put into this whatsoever. Just "Hey, I'm going to say something stupid!" and pretend this ingenious operation is actually going to convince others he is a perspicacious troll mastermind.

Did he even understand that Sakurai literally said Skull Kid is not a new fighter? Because I'm fairly certain that means he will not be a new fighter.
It's obviously an attempt at trolling, especially considering Sakurai outright de-confirmed Skull Kid's playability (and to say otherwise is foolishly delusional). It reminds me of not long ago when TheDivineDeity thought/trolled the idea Toon Link would be cut, right after his confirmation.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
If you absolutely had to pick two Mario characters that were added to the roster, who would they be and why? Or, If you had to, would you pick another Duo type character like the Ice Climbers?
I'd obviously pick Toad and I guess Bowser Jr. as they're arguably the next most important Mario characters. I wouldn't be adverse to Waluigi instead of Bowser Jr. though.

Another Duo type character? Banjo-Kazooie is the only important one with Nintendo ties I can think of off the top of my head. Shame it's impossible.
You could make arguments for Baby Bros. or Plusle and Minun I guess. Are there many other famous duos that don't have at least one half of them already included in the Smash roster(like Diddy and Dixie or Sonic and Tails)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom