• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
If Mii does get in, how should the first Challenger Mii look before you unlock the character?

From your collection of Mii's, one of the Big Wigs at Nintendo? Sakurai, himself?
First of all, I think you would start out with him. But, otherwise they would either be default, random, or better yet: One of your own Miis.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
If Mii does get in, how should the first Challenger Mii look before you unlock the character?

From your collection of Mii's, one of the Big Wigs at Nintendo? Sakurai, himself?
Make Mii the final unlockable character and have it look like Sakurai, your final challenge is taking down the creator itself.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
It's probably too late, even if Sakurai approved of Reggie, I think he'll end up being a DLC character.
This is exactly why Reggie's likeness being used for the Mii trailer would make sense. Obviously it wouldn't be the set look for the Mii, but it kinda fits that Reggie is suggesting that him in Smash is a possibility still.

I mean that's why he's "Reggii" and not "Reggie Fils-Aime" in my roster, he's still just a Mii with a customizable appearance.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Make Mii the final unlockable character and have it look like Sakurai, your final challenge is taking down the creator itself.

I would approve of miis, ONLY if it was like this.

Gune

Smash Lord
Oi, Finally back online? Good, didn't have a chance to check yesterday, but it's good to be back. Hello all, hope you're doing well as we were hit by an obnoxious DDos strike again, but none-the-less hello. So...catch-up...catch-up...well yes, I like the idea of Professor Layton as a character, as unlikely as it may be. And here, another Nintendo vs. Capcom Roster:

Now featuring a few new faces, but overall mostly what I'd expect of a Nintendo vs. Capcom crossover. Now then, let me know what you think while I continue watching Game Grumps play Wind Waker HD.
You added batsu, monster hunters and Kanjin no soki? Instabuy.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It's probably too late, even if Sakurai approved of Reggie, I think he'll end up being a DLC character.

Do you really think he'll be a DLC character? Sakurai already said that no DLC was even planned yet, so even if we do get DLC, he and the other devs are probably not thinking of who would be on that list just yet. And really, why are we talking about Reggie? We need to talk about something just a little more plausible, like the Non-Specific Action Figure.

But yeah, I'm starting to like the idea of an Infantry fighter from Advance Wars, with a CO like Andy or Sami, telling them what to do in the back. Isaac would probably make me almost as hyped for this game when Megaman was shown. Almost.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I'm crossing my fingers for a very fun and loveable persona of Mario that I main and love. Semi-Clones aren't only added because Sakurai runs out of time. Just look at Toon Link. And Dr. Mario was planned to return from the start.

You know, not wanting semi-clones is fine, but people who not only ***** about it, but ***** that other people want them are annoying and need to piss off. :glare:

So yeah, you're annoying me and need to piss off. Critisizing what people WANT is trollish and unnecessary. Certainly not something I expect from you. At least I'm not crossing my fingers for a dog.
It wasn't my intention to annoy you.. ;-; It was just a simple question.
Meh I guess that's just me.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I don't see the complaint that you yourself are in Smash as a valid point against Mii. It doesn't matter what Mii LOOKS like, the Mii itself is it's own Nintendo character and a very iconic one at that. You only have the convenience of pretending otherwise by customizing it's looks.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I don't see the complaint that you yourself are in Smash as a valid point against Mii. It doesn't matter what Mii LOOKS like, the Mii itself is it's own Nintendo character and a very iconic one at that. You only have the convenience of pretending otherwise by customizing it's looks.
you could always just use guest miis if you don't want to get beaten up.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
You're 100% right. Even if you have a Mii that is supossed to be you, he is not you because:

1) You aren't a game character
2) Normal person do not have floating hands without arms.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
But yeah, I'm starting to like the idea of an Infantry fighter from Advance Wars
I'm willing to bet not a single person on this thread knows that Advance Wars is only a sub series of a bigger series in Japan. :p
Also, the idea of a Soldier from the series is actually growing on me too.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
I am thinking of creating a Soldier thread... is this a good idea? That is, I do not know anything about Famicom Wars, but I like the idea. Someone should make a thread.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
As semi-interesting a Nintendo Wars rep would be, I can already say with confidence that it's not going to happen. There are, in my opinion, much more deserving franchises out there yet to be represented that deserve it before Nintendo Wars does.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Nah, I think Sakurai would pick Andy as the best representative for Nintendo Wars, I don't think there's a real need to make a thread.
But there are threads for charactes like Klefki or Ana, and Soldier is much more likely than them anyway. Most threads are created just because the owner of the thread likes the character. That is the reason I made a Greninja thread for example.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Nah, I think Sakurai would pick Andy as the best representative for Nintendo Wars, I don't think there's a real need to make a thread.
If you think Andy is the only that have a chance you are so wrong it could be Nell too, she has been in the same number of games and has a bigger role than Andy, you can call her the Anna of Advance Wars but with better credentials.
.n_n.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Please explain the relevance. I don't understand what your name or dimension has to do with anything. Besides if that's who was picked for an Assist Trophy just take a red soldier and call it "Soldier" or "Red".

What? What does that have to do with a character's potential? Just because they are 2D and are sprites to be more recognizable and reminiscent of the actual game and are Assist Trophies (which are meant to have limited abilities.) this has something to do with him not recognizing their potential?

Yes, very good. But, you seemed to have only compared them to the point of being equal. And I agree Issac is more plausible, but...gah! I don't know this makes my head hurt! WHY DO I HAVE TO HAVE THESE RESPONSIBILITIES!?
Yeah, I don't know if I was specific enough.
What I meant was the Nintendo Wars' assist trophy was a mob of sprites similar to Excitebikers.
Isaac was just Isaac. What I mean is that Sakurai decided to represent NW with "Infantry and Tanks", not with an actual character like Andy who could have easily rolled in with a big fat tank.
I'm willing to bet not a single person on this thread knows that Advance Wars is only a sub series of a bigger series in Japan. :p
You gotta pay me for that idea you know.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Oh you mean the blonde woman who guides you in the Advanced Wars menu? Is she playable in any of the War games?
Otherwise I think the more popular and best rep would still be Andy.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
As semi-interesting a Nintendo Wars rep would be, I can already say with confidence that it's not going to happen. There are, in my opinion, much more deserving franchises out there yet to be represented that deserve it before Nintendo Wars does.
This I agree with. I don't expect us to get franchise reps from stuff like NW. Like, Golden Sun, Xenoblade, and a few others will likely get reps before that. That, and I don't really want a NW rep. Not before some characters.

D

Deleted member

@Tepig: Miis either have limbs or they don't depending on the game.
By default, they do, since when you make them, they have limbs.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
There is no better franchise over any other than a Wars Series Character, the series so far has 12 games over 24 years no F-Zero, Star Fox, Erathbound, Pikmin, Xenoblade, Golden Sun, Kid Icarus or even Punch Out! can say something like that, seriously you are viewing the series like a minor or small one and even if its success in all this years has not blow every person and media at least there is a reason that still now has more games than any of the other series that I mention above, so yeah I don´t think Wars series is not deserving for a spot now.
Oh you mean the blonde woman who guides you in the Advanced Wars menu? Is she playable in any of the War games?
Otherwise I think the more popular and best rep would still be Andy.
Not really the main role for Andy was in the first one, in the second it was a mix of all the CO's by the third installment he didn't even have the main role and only appear as a secret character in the third, instead Nell has play important roles in all three games as a guide and she has been playable (I don´t remember if in one or two games).
.n_n.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
There is no better franchise over any other than a Wars Series Character, the series so far has 12 games over 24 years no F-Zero, Star Fox, Erathbound, Pikmin, Xenoblade, Golden Sun, Kid Icarus or even Punch Out! can say something like that, seriously you are viewing the series like a minor or small one and even if its success in all this years has not blow every person and media at least there is a reason that still now has more games than any of the other series that I mention above, so yeah I don´t think Wars series is not deserving for a spot now.
.n_n.
That's nice...never said that I thought it was a small series and I still think it's not going to get a rep over half of the series' you mentioned...but that's nice. :p

Times trying to Post: 9

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
Considering I am well-aware of the Famicon Wars series as a whole, I am certainly not one of those people.

In terms of potential characters to choose from, you have one of two reasonable options: the ubiquitous Soldier or Oranges Star's CO Andy. While Andy would be representative of the international releases of Advance Wars, the Soldier would encompass the entire series as a sum of a whole, rather than a part. So, with this stated, I would personally choose the Soldier.

If you think Andy is the only that have a chance you are so wrong it could be Nell too, she has been in the same number of games and has a bigger role than Andy, you can call her the Anna of Advance Wars but with better credentials.
.n_n.
I should also address the elephant in the room: Nell. While Nell is an important aspect of the game itself (serving tutorials to guide the players into the game's mechanics), she is not the main characters you play as early on, and is usually one of the final unlockable characters. Andy, Max, and Sami, on the other hand, are generally the starting characters you play as in their games, and therefore are the most notable CO's. The series' main (or more recognized) characters are what is introduced in Super Smash Brothers series, not the secondary characters. Otherwise, we would have the mascot in Anna chosen over the major characters in Marth or Roy in Melee.

Pikachu is the sole exception to the rule, having been introduced long before the Pokemon Trainer. Yet, there are other important factors to consider (Pikachu's legendary status among popular culture, the Nintendo 64's limitations within their software, a narrowed-down amount of characters in comparison to future iterations, etc.).

I might as well address this: why, then, would I choose the Soldier over Andy? Because while both are crucial respective characters, I believe the Soldier is actually more recognized and important to the overall series. If not the Solider, I would certainly choose Andy as the next potential character.

Yes she is, actually, usually as one of the final characters (given the exceptional Lucky Star ability).

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I'd like to go ahead and say that # of games =/= uber important.

Nintendo Wars may have a lot of titles, but it isn't really a well known title like Mario, Zelda, or even Fire Emblem.

However, I won't count out the possibility of a Nintendo Wars character. Sakurai is aiming to add a bunch of new characters, so it's possible.

D

Deleted member

....Andy is NOT the Marth of the Nintendo Wars series.

There have been COs before him in the series.
EDIT: Including none other than Samus.

So there you go, you already have your Wars rep.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

I get that it started out as Nintendo wars and all, but Advance Wars are more recognizable, since those are the game that were international. Well, unless I'm mistaken that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom