• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I do not roast, I use constructive criticism. Now, I could either pull out my Prediction Roster or Madness Roster... and still get as much roast.

and you guys trust this because . . .?

Hold up, you are saying that I BELIEVE 4Chan rumors?! Cuz I don't.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
I seriously cant believe I got through.
I made a lot of the mistakes new guy made: Krystal over Wolf, Ghirahim, lots of cuts...
I guess you all knew I was destined for greatness. :awesome:
But really, I got very lucky.
yes, yes you were very lucky,
. . .
. . .
glare.png

lucky I wasn't around to destroy you . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Hold up, you are saying that I BELIEVE 4Chan rumors?! Cuz I don't.
I was saying that, good to know my suspicions were false then, mate

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I see more was said while I was being slow replying. And more will have been said while I was being slow this time as well. :laugh:

My best prediction at reality. Not a dream team.
Oof. :nervous:

I leaned towards including more female characters, for one because they're under-represented, and for two because I could see Sakurai realizing such as well and trying to make amends.
Pretty much the opposite. Sakurai has said he won't hesitate in adding a female if they're warranted, but he holds them to the standards of every other character, so being female doesn't affect chances in any way.

I'm torn on Ganon. I think of those I removed, he has the best chance of returning. Plus I love Ganny, so I hope so.
You shouldn't have removed the main villain of a huge Nintendo series in the first place, only to replace him with two one-timers.

In my opinion, Wonder Red is practically a guaranteed character.
Umm... not at all. He has one game that did horribly and little to no popularity. Not to mention his game wasn't even out when Sakurai was compiling the roster.

As well as Mega MewTwo Y.
Probably not as his own character, just part of Mewtwo. I doubt they'd favour Y over X to that extent.

Ghirahim also seems probably.
If precedent is anything to go by, Zelda one-timers don't quite cut it for the roster.

But if he used Skyward Zelda, then he would have to make some sort of Skyward Sheik.
I don't see the problem here, that's what he did in Brawl with TP.

Although it's possible he'll just split zelda and sheik entirely. Which would be fine.
He's not going to take a transformation of Zelda away from Zelda. If the movesets become separate, it'll be due to Impa taking Sheik's moveset. Which isn't too likely.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
@Thekewlusername: No, in the original Famicom Wars.

She was the CO of Red Star (which you would probably know as Orange Star) for the 2nd Map, Donut Island (which may explain why she was rather fat :troll:).

Well that's a shame.
Gryffin enters the fray!

Removed:
Ike
Lucario
R.O.B.
Wolf
Lucas
Ganondorf
Not the absolute worst roster I've seen. But I can't lie when this is supposed to be a prediction roster, I don't care for it personally. My biggest issues are with the characters that were cut. Most of all Ganondorf, the most prominent villain in his series. Being replaced with a one time villain just doesn't sound all that plausible to me. We have no reason to cut Lucas, he doesn't take anyone's spot so to speak. Fi seems like an unneeded choice. Who else would we really need other than the main Tri-force characters and a younger Link?

Wolf getting axed for Krystal isn't super likely either. Throw Ike back in, keep Anna if you want. Kick out the Kirby rep for pretty much anyone. Maybe do the same for Knuckles too.

At least Wonder Red would be freaking sick as hell(though unlikely). Sorry if I came off as rude in this post.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I just want to see what happens at VGX, to see if the Smash Bros. announcement has anything to do with Reggie. :awesome:
Implying that there's even a newcomer announcement. I'm sticking with some Veterans and one or two Newcomers, if any, at VGX.

Gryffin

Smash Cadet
He didn't even put himself on the roster when he said he entered the fray.
Lol :)

@BigAxle
I appreciate your noticing the roster size. I agree. I worked pretty hard to trim it down. Lol, though the way these responses are going, not sure I want to share my runner-up list.

Que mas?

@Louie
I was thinking about roster size. And basically I decided that just because Brawl added 10 characters doesn't mean Smash 4 will added 10 characters. Imo, 35 characters is already a lot. A lot of work, balancing, development time, budget, etc. Im not sure how the game is being developed; maybe they are just porting code and animations from Brawl, which certainly increases the likelihood of lots of returners. Barring that, I predict that a few veterans will be cut because developing something new is always more enjoyable. Why rehash when you can do something completely different? Speaking from a design/development view.

Yes, I definitely leaned towards newer characters. I guess I'm not sure why. Advertising? Keeping up with the times?

I mentioned the female thing already. Just something I decided could be a factor in character selection. Hence, Paula, Fi, Adeline, Krystal, Anna. Speaking of Anna, since Roy was replaced with Ike, figured the tradition may stick. But this time a female. Had a really tough time choosing between her and Lucina. Chose Anna primarily because Lucina is too visually similar to Marth. Which seems to me a practical reason. Also, apparently Anna has been in every Fire Emblem game save one. Relevance. Thank you Fire Emblem wikia.

I appreciate the thorough response and the compliment.

@N3ON
You mention my choices differing from popular opinion. I'm sure the mass opinion is grounded in logic. I don't regularly visit Smash Boards. So I'm not on the up and up. But until proven otherwise, all guesses are equally viable. Though I suppose if I were to put more effort into a list, it would be a good idea to study up on the logic.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I just want to see what happens at VGX, to see if the Smash Bros. announcement has anything to do with Reggie. :awesome:
Wait, an announcement at VGX? You really think a bunch of biased bull-Scheiße like the guys at Spike would let Nintendo announce anything, let alone win an award? I guarantee that anything and everything Nintendo is nominated for, they're going to lose. Three out of four nominees for best handheld game is Nintendo, Pokemon X and Y, The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, Animal Crossing: New Leaf and Tearaway...I bet that they'll pick Tearaway.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Wait, an announcement at VGX? You really think a bunch of biased bull-Scheiße like the guys at Spike would let Nintendo announce anything, let alone win an award?
Something IS happening at VGX. Reggie is indeed taking the stage for a "big Nintendo Announcement".

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
just now noticed this. . . .
Gryffin enters the fray!

Removed:
Ike
Lucario
R.O.B.
Wolf
Lucas
Ganondorf

Added:
Zelda/Shiek
Ghirahim
Fi
Wonder Red
Adeline
Krystal
Mega MewTwo Y
Anna
Paula
'Nucks
Mii

I leaned towards including more female characters, for one because they're under-represented, and for two because I could see Sakurai realizing such as well and trying to make amends.

I'm torn on Ganon. I think of those I removed, he has the best chance of returning. Plus I love Ganny, so I hope so.

In my opinion, Wonder Red is practically a guaranteed character. As well as Mega MewTwo Y. Ghirahim also seems probably.
Not sure about ZSS, but I think she'll return.
Also not sure about Zelda/Sheik. I kind of suspect he'll want to use Skyward Sword Zelda, though he's using Twilight Princess Link again. But if he used Skyward Zelda, then he would have to make some sort of Skyward Sheik. Although it's possible he'll just split zelda and sheik entirely. Which would be fine.

You know what's awesome about Sakurai is that no matter what characters he chooses, they'll be awesome. He can take any character and make it perfect for Smash. Wario? The Villager? Wii Fit Trainer? They have almost no reference material and he made their Smash characters totally fit their personalities[/ATTACH]
Ittai nanida yo?​
Kore wa watashi ga mitekita dai ni saiaku no meibode wa, robu to ike o katto shimasuga, saiaku no jitaide wa, ōkami, rūkasu, sarani wa ganon o okikaeru to iu kotodesu! Issho ni shi*te saiaku no daigaehin no ichibu ni okikaete, Moshi sensei ga, watashi wa anata ga mono de saishindenai koto o rikai suru koto ga dekimasuga, jissai no yosoku ni tsuite manabu hitsuyō ga aru, anata wa 10 kara 10-bun'no 1 o shutoku​
Edit: man I hate how they think I'm cussing when typing in a foreign language, just connect the two phases from the star

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Man, those MH Chrom and Lucina costumes look really nice! :D

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Something IS happening at VGX. Reggie is indeed taking the stage for a "big Nintendo Announcement".
Considering a majority of Spike watchers and supporters and biased against Nintendo products, I wouldn't even be surprised if the crowd boos when they take the stage. Seriously, it's not even fair game, they've been known to pick against Nintendo in the past.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
@N3ON
You mention my choices differing from popular opinion. I'm sure the mass opinion is grounded in logic. I don't regularly visit Smash Boards. So I'm not on the up and up.
That's a valid point, and I was probably a bit harsh in my reply, so my apologies. ;)
Though some of your choices are questionable no matter the extent of your knowledge of popularity trends (like Ganondorf being cut - or Paula over Lucas - or Wonder Red), it might be of benefit to maybe do some checking into the general opinion before rather baselessly declaring a roster "your best prediction at reality", considering the notable role popularity does play in roster creation. Plus learning about Sakurai's mentality and habits can't hurt.

That said, it's not a bad start. Some of these jokers had much worse ones. :smirk:

But until proven otherwise, all guesses are equally viable.
I dunno about this. Obviously no one knows for sure how the roster will end up, but to say a roster that's generally accepted as pretty logical and one where every newcomer added is a third-party would be of equal viability is a bit of a stretch.

The same amount, considering the likes actually do jack squat.
What likes directly do =/= what likes cause people to do.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
My best prediction at reality.
Removed:
Ike
Lucario
R.O.B.
Wolf
Lucas
Ganondorf
Added:
Ghirahim
Fi
Adeline
Krystal
Mega MewTwo Y
Anna
Paula
'Nucks
In my opinion, Wonder Red is practically a guaranteed character.
Wario? The Villager? Wii Fit Trainer? They have almost no reference material
photo.jpg.png

What
the
****!?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Andy is basically the Marth for the Nintendo Wars series, so I think it's still best route to go with Andy rather than a generic soldier.
I wouldn't say he's the Marth of the series, but close.

There is no better franchise over any other than a Wars Series Character
While more games and more support can make a franchise more important, popularity can also. Otherwise we're basically saying that Starfy is more important than Pikmin.

As semi-interesting a Nintendo Wars rep would be, I can already say with confidence that it's not going to happen.
That's a bold claim. That may be you're opinion, but that franchise is nowhere near the point that you can be even close to confirm it won't appear. And in my opinion it's certainly more deserving than Xenoblade. Sometimes muh popularity and muh requests isn't everything.

I'd like to go ahead and say that # of games =/= uber important.
Nintendo Wars may have a lot of titles, but it isn't really a well known title like Mario, Zelda, or even Fire Emblem.
Nor is Panel De Pon, Nazo No Murasame, Golden Sun, or Mother.

He's new here, don't give him instant negativity. Even if he deserves it, at least by your standards.
I know, I tried to state my reaction as non negative as I could. I don't appreciate mobs running out newcomers which is unfortunately what happened when one innocent user joined not too long ago. I literally feel genuinely bad for that user.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Considering a majority of Spike watchers and supporters are biased against Nintendo products, I wouldn't even be surprised if the crowd boos when they take the stage. Seriously, it's not even fair game, they've been known to pick against Nintendo in the past.
I wouldn't be surprised, but I honestly think that VGX is a strange choice of venue, seeing how there's that field of hostility. Now if the announce Zelda Wii U with a fine trailer... It's a weird thing, but hey, it's a big Nintendo announcement. I'll just wait to see what it is before saying anything.

Morbi

Scavenger
I wouldn't say he's the Marth of the series, but close.

While more games and more support can make a franchise more important, popularity can also. Otherwise we're basically saying that Starfy is more important than Pikmin.

That's a bold claim. That may be you're opinion, but that franchise is nowhere near the point that you can be even close to confirm it won't appear. And in my opinion it's certainly more deserving than Xenoblade. Sometimes muh popularity and muh requests isn't everything.

Nor is Panel De Pon, Nazo No Murasame, Golden Sun, or Mother.

I know, I tried to state my reaction as non negative as I could. I don't appreciate mobs running out newcomers which is unfortunately what happened when one innocent user joined not too long ago. I literally feel genuinely bad for that user.
I am sorry, I am not following. Which Nintendo Wars character are you supporting again?

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
That's your opinion...I have mine...that's all I'm going to say on the matter, and it's all that's really worth saying on the matter as I don't even really care about the topic at hand.

I wouldn't be surprised, but I honestly think that VGX is a strange choice of venue, seeing how there's that field of hostility. Now if the announce Zelda Wii U with a fine trailer... It's a weird thing, but hey, it's a big Nintendo announcement. I'll just wait to see what it is before saying anything.
I'm not holding my breath...it'll most likely be alot smaller than most of us think.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Well... this looks dreadful. Im gonna watch the Sound of Music remake with Carrie Underwood, so see you all tomorrow. Or not. I don't really care.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Also guys, the "muh" posts stopped being funny months ago. Now it's just irritating seeing how often it's misused...

Morbi

Scavenger
Considering a majority of Spike watchers and supporters and biased against Nintendo products, I wouldn't even be surprised if the crowd boos when they take the stage. Seriously, it's not even fair game, they've been known to pick against Nintendo in the past.
I honestly do hope that they boo. That would be hilarious, anyways... did I miss something? Is it... I hate Smashboards day? People are that discontent with the imminent Mii reveal?

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
And me. I just get really tired of people going "muh popularity" and "muh requests".
And we're tired of you saying "Muh". It's obnoxious.

Truth be told, if recency, popularity, and requests don't warrant a character's inclusion...
What does?
Well...there's "Fitting the style of the game", but that can be taken so many different ways. Other than that...eh, this is a stupid topic, I'm going to watch Game Grumps. :p

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Eh, alot of boring COD players do that. It's not like they want to be innovative or something like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom